Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Lord Koth posted:

We're getting Caster Tamamo, which is awesome, but unless she has some truly great active skills it's yet another really lovely non-damaging NP. :(

Nyaa posted:

No data on her yet. It really depends on how much np she can recharge on lv1.

Witchcraft EX: 80%->100% to drain 1 bar/20% NP
Transformation A: 30% def 1 turn, 10%->30% def 3 turns
Fox's Wedding EX: 30%->50% Arts Up to somebody

NP. Reduce team cooldowns by 1 turn, heal 1000->2000 (2000->3000) to the team (level-based) and charge 25%->50% NP% to the team (overcharge)
Also Waver-tier stats, a 5-hit Arts card, great animations and waifu.

Trihugger posted:

Have they stated what class Rin is going to be? I can only think it's either Rider or Berserker. I loaded up on Rider monuments in the Orion event purely off speculation. And the false assumption that I'll be able to scout her when she is introduced to the game.

My current guess is Archer because Emiya has a my room voice line associated to an unreleased GO-original Archer. (You can guess quite a bit just from the svt IDs)

Ytlaya posted:

edit: I just did another couple rolls where one was a silver Berserker card that then did some electrifying effect and trasnformed into a gold Berserker card with a second Tamamo Cat. I've never seen that happen before.

Yeah it randomly happens if you roll a gold card. It's just cosmetic.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sylphid posted:

Arturia's always number one to me. She has a wonderfully nerdy, but diligent personality.

Arturia owns. Putting extremely straight-laced characters in silly situations is always hilarious, and she's practically the best character for that in the whole T-M franchise.

(Maybe Kirei as a close second, the mapo tofu scene makes me lose my poo poo every time I read it)

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

Kyte posted:

NP. Reduce team cooldowns by 1 turn, heal 1000->2000 (2000->3000) to the team (level-based) and charge 25%->50% NP% to the team (overcharge)
Also Waver-tier stats, a 5-hit Arts card, great animations and waifu.

These two aspects of her alone makes her OP as poo poo in an Arts-oriented NP spam team. I've been using her as a support and being able to fire off two Vlad NP within two turns of each other is just ridiculous. If the Medea I have had higher NP levels, then I would have liked to test how well it does for NP spamming. If only I was able to get her from the gacha because she works great with my Vlad/Waver team.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

BurningDance posted:

These two aspects of her alone makes her OP as poo poo in an Arts-oriented NP spam team.
She got like 15 stars from an extra combo too, so she could even sub into buster crit team.

I imagine the truly OP thing will happen when we get two more servants that can charge team 25% NP to form a crazy NP loop.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Uncle Vlad is indeed very cool.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Arturia owns. Putting extremely straight-laced characters in silly situations is always hilarious, and she's practically the best character for that in the whole T-M franchise.

(Maybe Kirei as a close second, the mapo tofu scene makes me lose my poo poo every time I read it)

Tsukumo is awesome.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, on the bright side I may end up with one extra pumpkin after everything settles down. Managed to get one post-maintenance compensation pumpkin reward quest done in between the initial maintenance and the servers crashing into emergency maintenance again. Second quest I went into had errors on the reward screen(displayed the rewards for previous quest I'd finished, and seemingly nothing was gained once I exited), so that one's probably a wash.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

That Halloween Princess craft essence looks like it would be really great once upgraded; starting with 50% NP gauge + 20% extra NP damage. During the same multi-roll in which I got the Tamamo Cat I also got the Halloween Petite Devil 5* CE, which is similar; also has the 50% to starting NP gauge and substitute the extra NP damage for extra NP charge rate (20/25% when unascended/ascended). I think I prefer that to something like Kaleidoscope; it's still really easy to charge 50% to full (I'll usually have it by the second or third round and wouldn't want to use the NP before then anyways) and continues to be helpful afterwards.

Jesus Christ, the Halloween Elizabeth Bathory's Innocent Monster skill is loving ridiculous. At level 1 it gives you 6 stars each turn for three turns and heals for 1000. I had thought that Jeanne's skill that just gives 3 stars each turn for three turns was really good, but this is more than twice as good.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Oct 23, 2015

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

All of Halloween Liz's skills are ridiculous. They all have multiple (good) effects, where virtually all the initial Servants only had one effect, or a few related effects, for each skill.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Pumpkin Liz + EMIYA is a pretty good combo. Chain all the NPs!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So I just rolled four star Carmilla. On the one hand, yay, another 4-star Servant, but on the other hand, she's not a great assassin :effort:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Incidentally, if people have not noticed it yet, the schedule near the bottom of this page is really bloody handy. It lists when all the Guerrilla quests are taking place, as they change by the day but the full schedule is already known. As those are by far the best source of pumpkins, they're kind of important.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Lord Koth posted:

Incidentally, if people have not noticed it yet, the schedule near the bottom of this page is really bloody handy. It lists when all the Guerrilla quests are taking place, as they change by the day but the full schedule is already known. As those are by far the best source of pumpkins, they're kind of important.

Does this really matter anymore, though? Didn't they change it so that Guerilla Quests and Party Time Quests stay open until you do them?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

Yes, the last regular maintenance was to make that change.

14 quartz and 14 apples. I am fine with this compensation.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Also, i just ascended Tamamo to her last form, and boy does her final sprite look ridiculous. I love it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Oh, did they make them permanent? I just assumed that all the ones that popped up in that timeframe, along with some compensatory ones, were made permanent due to how long the maintenance lasted.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, those 14 new quartz gave me enough of a margin to roll the dice again with another 40 quartz draw(wanted to make sure I had some left over). Sadly didn't get what I was hoping(another Tamamo), but did pick up two Siegfrieds along with my fourth Medea. So, while nowhere near the best one, I finally have a gold Saber.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
i just discovered this, might be old might be new
who knows

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm sad that Asterios sucks because he has a nice design and his final ascension art is adorable.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I love all this art of Vlad just doting.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I've done it!

Lol still not a single 5-Star Servant, but at least I got my monster Lancelot maxed.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
It seems that some of the event craft essences can drop very rarely from the gurreilla quests. I just got a Halloween Princess from one, giving me the extra I needed to fully upgrade the one I had :toot:

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
So is there a specific Halloween map I should grinding for the optimum amount of drops?

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
if you happen to clear out all the geurilla and party time quest stacks. The highest AP quest is pretty much the best choice as it is the only one which drops pumpkins.

Psiwri
Mar 8, 2012

"The Foecast today calls for dark clouds, booming thunder and F.O.E.s everywhere!"
Depends how much you value the 40 pumpkin crystallized lore, if yes 40 ap, if no 30. I'm doing 30 for the Iri CE drops since maxing that one out seems worthwhile.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It seems like a good idea to farm the 40AP quest for cupcakes too, since pumpkins can be traded in for 50 cupcakes each (and you need a LOT of cupcakes to buy everything), making them useful even if you've already bought what you want with pumpkins.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Grausherra posted:

So is there a specific Halloween map I should grinding for the optimum amount of drops?
Here's a drop rate data

quote:

== Conclusion ==

If you want to farm Pumpkins, farm the Guerilla quest, then 40 AP when it's not available
If you want to farm Bats, farm the 30 AP quest
If you want to farm Candles, farm the 20 AP quest
If you want to farm Cupcakes, farm the 10 AP quest

Here's the Quest drop and which CE to use

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Hahahaha, I've just used 7 out of my 10 summoning tickets, rolled (in that order) the four-star Bazett CE, Tamamo Cat and, on the seventh roll, Caster Tamamo. Looks like I've found the only chance-based game my luck's not absolutely poo poo at.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Aumanor posted:

Hahahaha, I've just used 7 out of my 10 summoning tickets, rolled (in that order) the four-star Bazett CE, Tamamo Cat and, on the seventh roll, Caster Tamamo. Looks like I've found the only chance-based game my luck's not absolutely poo poo at.

The gatcha is very random at times, tons of people have done 10-draws and got trash while single draws give out 4 and 5* like crazy.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

EzEight posted:

The gatcha is very random at times, tons of people have done 10-draws and got trash while single draws give out 4 and 5* like crazy.

I'm pretty sure it's equally random at all times (ignoring events that increase chances for specific servants). Winning at a slot machine doesn't mean that slot machine has randomly increased its luck.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Is it true that every 7 days the login rewards give you 8 Quartz? Then it loops?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

EzEight posted:

Is it true that every 7 days the login rewards give you 8 Quartz? Then it loops?
No, it's 4 quartz. There's also a Cumulative Login Bonus (bottom of page).

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
This Halloween Event is actually pretty decent. I've been able to max out Caster Liz's NP and get all the Ascension candies I need AND get at least one copy of the Halloween CEs in the shop. And from there, I can just buy all the ascension/skill items I need/want and I don't feel as pressured to grind (the apology quartz and apples helped.)

Not gonna bother trying to ascend the CEs unless I have enough currency left over :V

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

This piece of poo poo game should have the chimera claws on the shop since I only need that crap to ascend my guys. Fuuuu!

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

This piece of poo poo game should have the chimera claws on the shop since I only need that crap to ascend my guys. Fuuuu!

Oh, true. I wanna ascend Lancer Cu, chimera claws barely drop from the monsters while I get piles of dark sand and bones easily. :argh:

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Talons of Chaos are annoying as hell to get. Missed the ones from that early event, and chimeras have such a low drop rate of them that I still haven't gotten any. And Lancer Liz needs 8! They really should have been one of the ascension items offered in the event shop this time around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

New lv 50 guerrila quest can drop talon. Hopefully there will more of this for the rest of the week.