Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

DarkCrawler posted:

Yeah, that's when HOT seems like a good idea

no, rapatessa roiskuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Taking cues from Denmark here:

http://yle.fi/uutiset/ulkoministerio_aloittanut_facebook-kampanjan_irakissa_ja_turkissa/8403358

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
pitää kyllä sanoa että olin melko yllättynyt kun se ruotsin viiltelijä ei ollut ugrilaista alkuperää

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Hogge Wild posted:

pitää kyllä sanoa että olin melko yllättynyt kun se ruotsin viiltelijä ei ollut ugrilaista alkuperää

ehkä juuri siksi se oli niin vihainen

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

seems reasonable :shrug:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
IIRC a whole bunch of EU countries are doing that right now. Quite reasonable indeed, as before 2015 migrants exclusively used bragging country men ("I gets 1500€ free money a month from these fools"), human smugglers and the social media to make asylum seeking choices. The only thing I find odd is that EU started counter marking only now when paskat on todellakin jo housuissa and played possum this far.

I think I heard someone asking if that would make sense back in 2005 (we already had a poo poo ton of African and ME websites promoting asylum seeking as a lifestyle, complete with instructions and how much money you get and all that even back then).

edit:

poo poo I didn't even know about this about the Dublin agreement. Sure, if the Schengen and Dublin agreements were followed as they were written by anyone, we all know (or at least should, though I do know posters who, in fact, do not) roughly one asylum seeker would end up in Finland. Per day. If that.

What I didn't know that if concerning international treaties were observed by the book, Finland actually could return everyone crossing the Swedish border just by following a standard rule. Unless they have a visa, no special measures, no bending of tulkinta or changing policy required as long as they are observed coming.

Then again that is a news piece written by a Finnish journalist. So who to trust, ya'll know what mean? Then again, it makes sense. People in the Schengen area require a visa to move around if not EU citizens. If someone smuggles himself from Denmark to Sweden without a visa (after teleporting to Denmark from East Africa, of course, the preferred method of movement for asylum seekers according to D&D during the past decade), doesn't register as anyone, and said person tries to cross the Finnish border after, well, tough luck but actually do register in Sweden and seek asylum or get a visa first according to teh law.

(And Sweden could say the same to the Danes, the Danes to the Germans and so on down the chain. If we played by the rules we have agreed on at some point.)

Also there is nothing unusual going on in here, Europe can "easily" absorb all the migrants we have without a fuss. And if you are worried: shut up, you are just being a racist *naamapalmu*

Ligur fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 23, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
pedofilia ei ole riittävä syy käännytykseen: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1445492484806.html

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Hogge Wild posted:

pedofilia ei ole riittävä syy käännytykseen: http://www.iltasanomat.fi/kotimaa/art-1445492484806.html

That doesn't even include the best quote from Välisalo about it.

quote:

[Välisalo] toteaa, että lapsiavioliitot ovat normaaleja monissa kulttuureissa.

- Ei voi ajatella, että on tehty väärin automaattisesti. Pitää yrittää ymmärtää.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Aina pitää ymmärtää.

Ainoa ketä ei pidä ymmärtää on länsimainen nassefasse, joka haluaa pitää yhteiskuntansa entisenlaisena ja erossa mm. lapsiavioliitoista. Silloin voidaan sanoa, että kyseessä on rasisti jota ei pidä ymmärtää ja toivoa sille kaikkea pahaa. Lisäksi se on samanlainen kuin viittamies ja kouluriehuja, yhtäläisyyksiä on.

Vain tavallinen, kalpeahko euroopan kansalainen ei ole yksittäistapaus jota ei saa yleistää. Everyone else is.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Please post in englanti, we don't want to appear as introvert and uninviting thread like the ScanPol.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Taidan jättää ymmärtämisen tällä kertaa väliin.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Kyllä pitää ymmärtää. Rikastavaa.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Never met anyone from up North whose mother wasn't at least 20 years younger than their father.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Finn surprised cultures aren't alike. Shocker.

What exactly you want, anyway? You can't jail them because then they certainly wouldn't leave.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
As if teen marriage dude would be jailed for something like that. Straight up rape gets probation remember.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

"Hey Saukki if you see Angela could you show her this pic of my dilz?" - Hogge Wild

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

"Hey Saukki if you see Angela could you show her this pic of my dilz?" - Hogge Wild

jos joku muukin haluaa nähdä sen, niin klikatkaa profiilini kotisivuosiossa olevaa linkkiä, mutta malttakaa että pääsette ensin kotiinne ennen kuin teette sen

toinen url-osoite mikä siellä näkyy on linkki isiksen rekrytointivideoon minkä jerry lähetti minulle taannoin

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Hieno kullikuva.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Puistokemisti posted:

Please post in englanti, we don't want to appear as introvert and uninviting thread like the ScanPol.

this is some pretty leftist bullshit coming from you here

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

this is some pretty leftist bullshit coming from you here

bgh, do you speak any finnish

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Joo, miksi kysyt?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Niin pitkään kun puhutaan suomea noi ei tiedä miksi antaa meille banskua.

Sitä varmaan tulee kuitenkin, mutta voi aina perustella ettette tienneet sitten miksi jumalauta.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

BrienneGetsHanged posted:

Joo, miksi kysyt?

kunhan mietin vaan

Ligur posted:

Niin pitkään kun puhutaan suomea noi ei tiedä miksi antaa meille banskua.

Sitä varmaan tulee kuitenkin, mutta voi aina perustella ettette tienneet sitten miksi jumalauta.

tulee kotoisampi ilmapiiri kun käytää suomea

eikä se ole iso menetys kansainväliselle yleisölle, koska tätä lankaa seuraa jotain kolme ulkomaalaista vaalien ulkopuolella

oli kyllä hassua kun länsinaapurilanka muutti kieltä sun takia sen jälkeen kun la migra -lanka suljettiin

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Kerran jo julistin Ligurin voittaneen kulttuurisodan, ja sitä ei pääse pakoon jos seuraa näitä internetin jättömaita. Sitä ei tehty taidolla tai sielulla vaan pelkällä vittumaisuudella. Se ei kuitenkaan ole mikään suoylpeyden aihe, jos joku on mun kannan käsittäny väärin. Muistan ja muista säkin että likurt käytti suvakki sanaa ihan vakavissaan. Tämä ketju ei kuulu natzeille. Jos syöt banaania usein on vika varmaan ihan ittessäs.

So let me say in english, gently caress you ligur. You have some real points and some weird obsessions and a lot of determination to post post post until anyone who disagrees gives up. It is not a good thing.

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

doverhog posted:

Kerran jo julistin Ligurin voittaneen kulttuurisodan, ja sitä ei pääse pakoon jos seuraa näitä internetin jättömaita. Sitä ei tehty taidolla tai sielulla vaan pelkällä vittumaisuudella. Se ei kuitenkaan ole mikään suoylpeyden aihe, jos joku on mun kannan käsittäny väärin. Muistan ja muista säkin että likurt käytti suvakki sanaa ihan vakavissaan. Tämä ketju ei kuulu natzeille. Jos syöt banaania usein on vika varmaan ihan ittessäs.

So let me say in english, gently caress you ligur. You have some real points and some weird obsessions and a lot of determination to post post post until anyone who disagrees gives up. It is not a good thing.

drat nazis, using suvakki unironically

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Language and me are like BFFs it really stuck out you know.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

You guys could just not give up. It's not exactly hard to counter said post post posts.

Anyway the hysterics aren't winning the culture war anywhere where people call them out on their poo poo, so that leaves pretty much comment sections on new sites and hommaforum. Outside that they're a minority of minority.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Oct 23, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

DarkCrawler posted:

You guys could just not give up. It's not exactly hard to counter said post post posts.

Anyway the hysterics aren't winning the culture war anywhere where people call them out on their poo poo, so that leaves pretty much comment sections on new sites and hommaforum. Outside that they're a minority of minority.

Jeesus mitä valheita ihmiset kertovatkaan itselleen

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Jeesus mitä valheita ihmiset kertovatkaan itselleen

Do you see a single policy of theirs passing anywhere?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

DarkCrawler posted:

Do you see a single policy of theirs passing anywhere?

AI nyt se onkin lainsäädäntötaistelu?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

AI nyt se onkin lainsäädäntötaistelu?

I'm saying if they would have even a fraction of the numbers this thread or left wing hysterics believe they have for some weird reason this country would be a very different place. Like they do actually do polls that gauge people's opinions and show who votes for what. We wouldn't be talking about the remote possibility of rajas being kiinni, they would have never been open in the first place.

There are plenty of examples of countries where the hysterics exist in numbers that matter and won the culture war (regardless of political orientation) and those countries reflect that.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Oct 24, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Se valhe on että "ei-hysteerikot" voittavat. Pyrrhinen voittohan se on. Todellinen tappio on että vastemmistoliberaalit vetäytyvät yhä enemmän puolustamaan vallitsevaa järjestelmää ja eliittiä, sodassa työläisiä vastaan. Tämä itse kannattamasi taistelu "hysteerikkoja" vastaan on ensisijaisesti liberaalis-rationaalisen teknokratian ja vapaakaupan puolustamista.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Se valhe on että "ei-hysteerikot" voittavat. Pyrrhinen voittohan se on. Todellinen tappio on että vastemmistoliberaalit vetäytyvät yhä enemmän puolustamaan vallitsevaa järjestelmää ja eliittiä, sodassa työläisiä vastaan. Tämä itse kannattamasi taistelu "hysteerikkoja" vastaan on ensisijaisesti liberaalis-rationaalisen teknokratian ja vapaakaupan puolustamista.

EK haluaa turvapaikanhakijoista ilmaista (lue: verorahoilla maksettua) työvoimaa edesauttaakseen kotoutusta ja torjuakseen kirkuvaa työvoimapulaa, ei suinkaan polkeakseen palkkoja ja työm miesten oikeuksia. Hitto mitä rasisteja tässäkin säikeessä raakkuu :(

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Mitä kansainväliseen lakiin tulee (jota eräs postaaja käyttää keppinään jatkuvasti) meillä ei olisi koko siirtolaiskriisiä jos sitä noudatettaisiin. Most Finns oppose the current migration wave as well. In that I'm not a minority of a minority at all. As for being "misunderstood", in other forums (no, I don't post on homma), or sub-forums other posters never fail to understand what I'm saying. This phenomenon only exists in D&D and only affects a certain portion of registered users. The posters who regularly väärinymmärtävät, and I think on purpose, are always made from the same mold.

They vote leftish, which is a shame since I would like to vote left too, consider themselves liberal thereby wrecking the whole notion, swear by identity politics, and view the world through a narrow lense where everything is reduced to racism, explained away with cultural relativism, or accused of fascism or nazism (or if American a weird sort of white guilt) whenever they see opposing views on anything. Some seem to believe the moon nazis are real, and consider people who scoff at such as their agents. Crazy poo poo. All of that makes me the epitome of evil, I am sure (and I don't mind), and everyone from the group described above can find a reason: I don't believe nazis are a real threat or worry over anymore, I think you can oppose mass immigration without being a fascist, I think you can say the asylum seeking process is broken and abused without being racist, I think "the West" isn't the only reason other parts of the world are not doing that good, I don't think Finns have any responsibility dealing with problems elsewhere like African overpopulation, and sure as hell don't think all cultures are equal.

What this tells us is most people are rational and can understand each other in converstation and on their motives on the internet, but the liberal-left D&D poster can't.

My best guess is that it all boils down to the inability to step in the shoes of another person: "if someone does not agree with what I think, this must be so because the other person is malicious, evil, or posting on bad faith". That opposing views would exists for other, even well meaning reasons, is inconceivable to the European left-wing-liberal pro-feminist anti-racist anti-fascist drone. They are the most conformist bunch of them all, a type of modern puritan fighting the original sin (which is, most of the time, a hitler in their mind).

This, incidentally, also explains why the liberal-left D&D poster thinks everyone else all over the world is pretty much the same. Apart from European right-wingers, that is. Oh boy, the Middle-Eastern folks sure are LGBT right advocates and social democrats who will fit right in! The only reason they keep treating women like second class citizens in their home countries and killing each other based on clan, tribe or islamin suuntaus is just because Barack Obama makes them do so, right? The whole notion that somewhere else people are clannish tribals who actually think it's just fine and actually right to hate and abuse other ethnic groups does not enter their minds, like the great Leftist thinker Slavoj Žižek has observed in his criticism to the modern Left.

To top it all these same folks are very eager to judge natives as sinners, quickly seeing obvious links with the breiviks, school stabbers and "extreme right-wingers" but suddenly lose their faculties when non-Europeans or non-European actions are involved.

If someone shouts Allahu Akbar while shooting up a cartoon office in Denmark it has nothing to do with Islam, really, and especially nothing with immigration, but if a "right-winger" makes a violent action it is suddenly the collective fault of every halla-aho ever. Child wives, FGM, religious fundamentalism is all "tolerated" because heh well the third worlders are just like that so it's cool. If an asylum seeker stabs random people to death it's nothing to worry about and perhaps even an understandable reaction we have to tolerate. The most worrysome aspect is if it might create some sort of prejudices in the native working or middle-class. A native does the same? Not at all so, then it proves the all powerful evil of the right-wing racist and everyone who ever said "maybe we should think about this immigration thing..." is almost as guilty! It's like they are fighting against what enables their own core values.

And the political Left has no power as they say?

Sure, we have plenty of governments that are center-right all over. But apart from taxing the rich, just about everyone shares the same views and values the liberal left does. In Finland, you can take a Green voter, a kepu, a demari and a kokkari to the same coffee table and apart from how much to tax certain assets and how much money you have to shove to bönde, their views on cultural values as it comes to conservatism, liberalism and tradition and so on will be more or less the same. You can't tell a difference. Tolerance with everything as long as its foreign, political correctness, pro-immigration, pro asylum-seeking (actually the last two are the same thing), pro-EU, no borders, demonizing the European past, LGBT rights and the lot. Some of which is good, but some of which isn't.

That's the crisis of current politics and what causes 30% of the former TF voters to vote empty right now. Soini's assesment that they returned to SDP or LA as duunaris and his vasen koukku rhetoric was bullshit, only a a few percent did so as the polls show yesterday. They didn't return to the traditional left, you fool. SDP or LA don't fight for the workers, they fight for the same zeitgeist everyone else does and the voters know it. And some thought maybe TF would be different but are now back to voting empty.

And this was my rant for the morning, thanks. Sorry for not posting a regular one or two liner.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ligur posted:

This, incidentally, also explains why the liberal-left D&D poster thinks everyone else all over the world is pretty much the same. Apart from European right-wingers, that is. Oh boy, the Middle-Eastern folks sure are LGBT right advocates and social democrats who will fit right in! The only reason they keep treating women like second class citizens in their home countries and killing each other based on clan, tribe or islamin suuntaus is just because Barack Obama makes them do so, right? The whole notion that somewhere else people are clannish tribals who actually think it's just fine and actually right to hate and abuse other ethnic groups does not enter their minds, like the great Leftist thinker Slavoj Žižek has observed in his criticism to the modern Left.

It's kind of dumb to try to co-opt people because you like a few of their quotes

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Oct 24, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Nothing wrong with liking some of what someone said.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Ligur posted:

Nothing wrong with liking some of what someone said.

"The whole notion that somewhere else people are clannish tribals who actually think it's just fine and actually right to hate and abuse other ethnic groups does not enter their minds" - great leftist thinker Zizek, That One Book by Him

I like to parrot him all the time cus I am a puppet with not a single original thought, but at least I limit myself to what people say.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Uhh what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ligur posted:

Mitä kansainväliseen lakiin tulee (jota eräs postaaja käyttää keppinään jatkuvasti) meillä ei olisi koko siirtolaiskriisiä jos sitä noudatettaisiin. Most Finns oppose the current migration wave as well. In that I'm not a minority of a minority at all. As for being "misunderstood", in other forums (no, I don't post on homma), or sub-forums other posters never fail to understand what I'm saying. This phenomenon only exists in D&D and only affects a certain portion of registered users. The posters who regularly väärinymmärtävät, and I think on purpose, are always made from the same mold.

They vote leftish, which is a shame since I would like to vote left too, consider themselves liberal thereby wrecking the whole notion, swear by identity politics, and view the world through a narrow lense where everything is reduced to racism, explained away with cultural relativism, or accused of fascism or nazism (or if American a weird sort of white guilt) whenever they see opposing views on anything. Some seem to believe the moon nazis are real, and consider people who scoff at such as their agents. Crazy poo poo. All of that makes me the epitome of evil, I am sure (and I don't mind), and everyone from the group described above can find a reason: I don't believe nazis are a real threat or worry over anymore, I think you can oppose mass immigration without being a fascist, I think you can say the asylum seeking process is broken and abused without being racist, I think "the West" isn't the only reason other parts of the world are not doing that good, I don't think Finns have any responsibility dealing with problems elsewhere like African overpopulation, and sure as hell don't think all cultures are equal.

What this tells us is most people are rational and can understand each other in converstation and on their motives on the internet, but the liberal-left D&D poster can't.

My best guess is that it all boils down to the inability to step in the shoes of another person: "if someone does not agree with what I think, this must be so because the other person is malicious, evil, or posting on bad faith". That opposing views would exists for other, even well meaning reasons, is inconceivable to the European left-wing-liberal pro-feminist anti-racist anti-fascist drone. They are the most conformist bunch of them all, a type of modern puritan fighting the original sin (which is, most of the time, a hitler in their mind).

To top it all these same folks are very eager to judge natives as sinners, quickly seeing obvious links with the breiviks, school stabbers and "extreme right-wingers" but suddenly lose their faculties when non-Europeans or non-European actions are involved.

If someone shouts Allahu Akbar while shooting up a cartoon office in Denmark it has nothing to do with Islam, really, and especially nothing with immigration, but if a "right-winger" makes a violent action it is suddenly the collective fault of every halla-aho ever. Child wives, FGM, religious fundamentalism is all "tolerated" because heh well the third worlders are just like that so it's cool. If an asylum seeker stabs random people to death it's nothing to worry about and perhaps even an understandable reaction we have to tolerate. The most worrysome aspect is if it might create some sort of prejudices in the native working or middle-class. A native does the same? Not at all so, then it proves the all powerful evil of the right-wing racist and everyone who ever said "maybe we should think about this immigration thing..." is almost as guilty! It's like they are fighting against what enables their own core values.

And the political Left has no power as they say?

Sure, we have plenty of governments that are center-right all over. But apart from taxing the rich, just about everyone shares the same views and values the liberal left does. In Finland, you can take a Green voter, a kepu, a demari and a kokkari to the same coffee table and apart from how much to tax certain assets and how much money you have to shove to bönde, their views on cultural values as it comes to conservatism, liberalism and tradition and so on will be more or less the same. You can't tell a difference. Tolerance with everything as long as its foreign, political correctness, pro-immigration, pro asylum-seeking (actually the last two are the same thing), pro-EU, no borders, demonizing the European past, LGBT rights and the lot. Some of which is good, but some of which isn't.

That's the crisis of current politics and what causes 30% of the former TF voters to vote empty right now. Soini's assesment that they returned to SDP or LA as duunaris and his vasen koukku rhetoric was bullshit, only a a few percent did so as the polls show yesterday. They didn't return to the traditional left, you fool. SDP or LA don't fight for the workers, they fight for the same zeitgeist everyone else does and the voters know it. And some thought maybe TF would be different but are now back to voting empty.

And this was my rant for the morning, thanks. Sorry for not posting a regular one or two liner.

Pro tip: read this imagining ligur is a black muslim woman for kicks

• Locked thread