Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Tuning in!!!!!

e: he just mentioned the forum :allears:

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

I swear those Star Citizen White Knight cult members have clearly lost it.

The same crap they pulled last week and which got my Reddit account /u/thedereksmart shadowbanned, is what they're trying to pull again over this ilovecreamsoda bullshit.

So I wrote them a TwitLonger. Again.

They don't like you Derek, I don't see how logic is going to help. If you ignore them they might get more and more extreme and then you can make one of them cry again.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
lol he just said he didn't post his name on something awful. There goes the D Smart revisionist history again.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
lol CIG is asking if DS was the reason for a refund request now?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Kakarot posted:

lol CIG is asking if DS was the reason for a refund request now?

They were doing that a long while back. I don't think they are anymore but it wouldn't be shocking.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

Tuning in!!!!!

e: he just mentioned the forum :allears:

Who is the dude with an english accent who keeps interrupting poo poo and has nothing interesting to say?

E: Tell him to not talk.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Nemo2342 posted:

I thought we were pariahs in every game we play?

That's the whole point isn't it?

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Who runs the Open House stream? Like is it a group from some other forum or am I just listening to some friends chatting

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

We already know Sandi Gardiner hates black people.

But why does she hate Wingman? He's white.

Is there anyone who can explain the wingman hate to me?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

AP posted:

They don't like you Derek, I don't see how logic is going to help. If you ignore them they might get more and more extreme and then you can make one of them cry again.

Star Citizen: I don't see how logic is going to help

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Goons had won the victory over themselves. They loved Derek Smart.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
Where is this Sandi Hates Wingman poo poo coming from?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Who is the dude with an english accent who keeps interrupting poo poo and has nothing interesting to say?

E: Tell him to not talk.

They told him that in a nice way

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
lol they talking about Beer

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Hey speaking of... http://store.steampowered.com/app/360950/

They've managed to release an actual playable game, and in way less time than CIG have dicked around releasing jpegs

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Derek refused to acknowledge me as his nephew. :sadfan:

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Maldoror posted:

Goons had won the victory over themselves. They loved Derek Smart.
He just said he loved us.

O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished.

Madcosby posted:

Who runs the Open House stream? Like is it a group from some other forum or am I just listening to some friends chatting
Looks like a group of friends loosely affiliated with gamergate.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ravane posted:

Derek refused to acknowledge me as his nephew. :sadfan:

that son of a bitch.

REGICIDE!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Omi-Polari posted:

He just said he loved us.

O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished.

Looks like a group of friends loosely affiliated with gamergate.

wait this is a GG thing?

will i catch something?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

wait this is a GG thing?

will i catch something?
It's like the Syrian civil war but involving video games. A lot of shifting alliances, things like that. If you get involved you're gonna get dirty.

It's a pretty good stream, IMO. But British dude with the anarcho-capitalist avatar is ... uh. He tries to sound more insightful than he really is.

Oh never mind. Anarcho is some other guy.

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Oct 24, 2015

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

SneakyFrog posted:

wait this is a GG thing?

will i catch something?

You already have it, sorry :(

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Szcwczuk posted:

You already have it, sorry :(

gently caress first im a fartface, now i have sexism herpes

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Wulfling posted:

Where is this Sandi Hates Wingman poo poo coming from?

There was a rumour around the time that Wingman's Hangar ended, can't remember the source, it probably originated somewhere stupid like 4chan. Something about moving stuff to LA because Sandi wanted to "Hollywood it up" I didn't give it much credit at the time. But now they seriously mention new backdrops for season 2 of Around the Verse, as if anyone else in the world gives a poo poo, so who knows?

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I remember when somebody remarked that this thread was huge for only being a few weeks old. That was posted like five days and 300 pages ago. Id like to see a posts/pages per day chart for this thread.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I think there is more goons in this stream than anyone else

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I remember when somebody remarked that this thread was huge for only being a few weeks old. That was posted like five days and 300 pages ago. Id like to see a posts/pages per day chart for this thread.

It's been 24 days since this thread started. At 703 pages, it's on average 30 pages per day. So 750 1200 posts per day. That's about all the math I'm doing.

Ravane fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 24, 2015

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

A previous Star Citizen thread was 905 pages, and it started June 2014 and ended August 2015
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=905

This Star Citizen thread is 703(+) pages and started September 29th
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337

It's a big thread.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

AP posted:

There was a rumour around the time that Wingman's Hangar ended, can't remember the source, it probably originated somewhere stupid like 4chan. Something about moving stuff to LA because Sandi wanted to "Hollywood it up" I didn't give it much credit at the time. But now they seriously mention new backdrops for season 2 of Around the Verse, as if anyone else in the world gives a poo poo, so who knows?

Well her wanting to move everything to LA was real, but Wingman wasn't targeted by that. Him and Rob and Mike, were basically told, Move to LA or get out. So they all hosed off to make Descent Studios, and have shipped more game in 6 months, than CIG has in 3+ years.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Fooma posted:

Any idea on Star Citizen Halloween costumes this year?

If you can find a way to dress up like Sandi, I imagine that would make some people around you uncomfortable, judging by some of the employee reactions in videos and GIFs from earlier in this thread

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

Everything is proceeding according to plan...

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wulfling posted:

Well her wanting to move everything to LA was real, but Wingman wasn't targeted by that. Him and Rob and Mike, were basically told, Move to LA or get out. So they all hosed off to make Descent Studios, and have shipped more game in 6 months, than CIG has in 3+ years.

are there any other game devs that have their main offices in LA? from what i hear LA is rather expensive.

G0RF posted:

Everything is proceeding according to plan...

there is absolutely nothing attractive about her

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ravane posted:

It's been 24 days since this thread started. At 703 pages, it's on average 30 pages per day. So 750 posts per day. That's about all the math I'm doing.

probably for the best because 30 pages does not equal 750 posts :)

by my "expert" calculations we're averaging just over 4/5 of a post per minute

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Sandi ate at :lesnick: 's house

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

SneakyFrog posted:

I think there is more goons in this stream than anyone else

post the link to SC reddit, say CR is in it

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
Space Trader: Merchant Marine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ehQHgabks

The best Star Citizen alternative. And it's already out.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kakarot posted:

post the link to SC reddit, say CR is in it

god I'm gonna

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

Agrajag posted:

are there any other game devs that have their main offices in LA? from what i hear LA is rather expensive.

there is absolutely nothing attractive about her

The whole reason they moved out there was Sandi wants to try and use the game to jump start her movie career. That and Chris wants to be close in case he somehow manages to sleaze his way back into directing/producing. The part of LA they are in, is in fact the most expensive part of LA period. So they're literally pissing away money on their desperate attempts to get back into the movie business.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

LGD posted:

probably for the best because 30 pages does not equal 750 posts :)

by my "expert" calculations we're averaging just over 4/5 of a post per minute

Isn't it 25 posts per page?

e. nvm it's 40 posts per page, meaning 1200 posts per day. 1200/24 = 50 posts per hour, and 5/6ths of post per minute (.03 higher than your 4/5ths count)

Ravane fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Oct 24, 2015

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

SneakyFrog posted:

god I'm gonna

Do it!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011