Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SneakyFrog posted:

didnt work. they are too busy nitpicking the D's games

as opposed to their fantasy game.

dont dox me yo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ravane posted:

Isn't it 25 posts per page?

More like 40 posts/page (about 28000 replies over 700+ pages)

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Ah. Like what NEVER HAPPENED WITH THE HIGHLANDER MOVIE.

Nah. That's not really a fair comparison. It's just an extra long episode of the TV series that, while it has better production quality, suffers from being… well… extra long rather than the tight narrative you need for a 45min episode. Unlike the stuff that happened after THE ONLY HIGHLANDER MOVIE, it actually has internal cohesion and follows consistently and coherently from the preceding chapters. Hell, some of the actors even put in a performance.

Now, Wing Commander, on the other hand, is a lot like whatever happened after Highlander: it can only be recognised as related due to repetition of basic themes and references to established names, but none of them actually offer any real resemblance to the original characters, locations, or general ideas. Similarly, the plot follows no known laws of logic or narrative structure, and I don't know what you'd call what the actors were doing… “appearing on film” might be the most generous description. The only reason that other not-really-a-sequel is better-known for being the most thorough slaughter of a preceding chapter is because, mercifully, no-one actually watched Wing Commander — the only reason people paid to (ostensibly) see it was because it came with the Episode I trailer.

So yeah… the trailer for what turned out ot be one of the most disappointing seprequels ever was deemed better value for money than sticking around to actually watch the WC movie.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Oct 24, 2015

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Wulfling posted:

The whole reason they moved out there was Sandi wants to try and use the game to jump start her movie career. That and Chris wants to be close in case he somehow manages to sleaze his way back into directing/producing. The part of LA they are in, is in fact the most expensive part of LA period. So they're literally pissing away money on their desperate attempts to get back into the movie business.

well played Crobizzle

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Bofast posted:

More like 40 posts/page (about 28000 replies over 700+ pages)

Yeah, fixed my original statement.

Ravane posted:

e. nvm it's 40 posts per page, meaning 1200 posts per day. 1200/24 = 50 posts per hour, and 5/6ths of post per minute.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

WhyteRyce posted:

American cider sucks and either tastes like a weak lager with apple juice in it or watered down apple juice. English cider is tasty and I would drink it more when I'm over there if I didn't love English or Scotch ales

Can confirm; magners, bulmers, and strongbow black are all good. Every American cider I've had is far too sweet. I'd rather drink Applejack than American cider.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

2DCAT posted:

Can confirm; magners, bulmers, and strongbow black are all good. Every American cider I've had is far too sweet. I'd rather drink Applejack than American cider.

I hope you find some good hereford scrumpy sometime.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
OOH IM BEING QUOTED

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

staberind posted:

I suppose you need some sort of vaccination prior to that, yeah?

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

OOH IM BEING QUOTED

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

You really need to call it "10 for the Smartman"

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

AP posted:

There was a rumour around the time that Wingman's Hangar ended, can't remember the source, it probably originated somewhere stupid like 4chan. Something about moving stuff to LA because Sandi wanted to "Hollywood it up" I didn't give it much credit at the time. But now they seriously mention new backdrops for season 2 of Around the Verse, as if anyone else in the world gives a poo poo, so who knows?

i care; i didn't take season 1 seriously, but if they added a sweet backdrop in season 2.... then by god, i'll buy a jpeg of a jpeg.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

Gravy Boat 2k

Agrajag posted:

there is absolutely nothing attractive about her

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
so much fun out of this thread. Magical.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

staberind posted:

"magners, bulmers, and strongbow black "

Jesus loving wept, no, these things are not hereford scrumpy, or even remotely like it.

I rock up in Texas and ask for a 'proper' chilli, made with minced beef & beans...that is what you are doing here.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

BluestreakBTHR posted:

I suppose you need some sort of vaccination prior to that, yeah?
Nah, all the bacteria in the meat dropped into the vat end up get killed off by the alcohol content.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
In 2020 when this game comes out you're all going to look really stupid.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
what a terrible stream. way too many people who have no clue how to have a discussion

they mentioned some poor dude from Aerith radio, a 24 hour radio station... his voice and parlance were cringeworthy.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

"If maybe you could fashion us with an idea of how much of a fuckwit you are, that would be fine."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Amara-CIG[S] 5 pontos an hour ago
Local physics grids are only mostly-implemented in 1.3. Some ships are still getting final polish and others don't have full animations. It wasn't intended to have been turned on in the initial PTU at all. But, once we've finished polishing it'll be re-enabled and ready for testing and fun.
They're just giving them a final wax job. Soon.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
heh

wax

pubes

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

but it's not a secret though
https://archive.is/wm9cy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Madcosby posted:

what a terrible stream. way too many people who have no clue how to have a discussion

they mentioned some poor dude from Aerith radio, a 24 hour radio station... his voice and parlance were cringeworthy.

gently caress that guys parlance :argh:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Shala posted:

So nbd but here's a SA hosted gang tag:

Been away from the thread for a few days. I must have this

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

pftc posted:

but it's not a secret though
https://archive.is/wm9cy

you know what is improper quadruple+ dipping into the money you raised for developing a game

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Raged posted:

Been away from the thread for a few days. I must have this

Yeah all you suckers gonna feel dumb when I change the img link to scisthebestgameever.jpg

Or maybe goatse. Stick with the classics.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Agrajag posted:

you know what is improper quadruple+ dipping into the money you raised for developing a game

I got another thing.

Remember that Sandi interview from earlier? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbF8cWOLwEI

https://archive.is/BhJbF

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Look here, my beloved 'Murica is the only one with the proper reserves of XXXL t-shirts on hand to handle backer demand.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Madcosby posted:

he was a drunk Scotsman

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kakarot posted:

he was a drunk Scotsman

cant hate on that.. sounded young too.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
:patriot::patriot::patriot:

That's because China uses slave and forced child labour to make every god drat thing.
Of course it's going to be cheaper.

Also, probably, maybe, the American companies Sandi spoke with hung up on her after she said "Don't you know who I am?".
Allegedly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
shut the fook up an finshhh yer game

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Incombibulator posted:

:patriot::patriot::patriot:

That's because China uses slave and forced child labour to make every god drat thing.
Of course it's going to be cheaper.

Also, probably, maybe, the American companies Sandi spoke with hung up on her after she said "Don't you know who I am?".
Allegedly.

SURPRISE ITS poo poo

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

I hope they didnt use backer money for that huge block of seats... That would be scandalous! lolz
Who am I kidding, of course they did. Allegedly.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I saw a grown man cry today about SC and I am not even lying

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Incombibulator posted:

I hope they didnt use backer money for that huge block of seats... That would be scandalous! lolz
Who am I kidding, of course they did. Allegedly.

That's just for :lesnick:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

pftc posted:

That's just for :lesnick:s lunch

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I saw a grown man cry today about SC and I am not even lying

:frogon:

Ravane