Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

A friend of mine is an indie dev dude, just chipping away at making a space type game. I gave him the low down on SC and he's laughing all the way through, when I told him (and showed him) that people were buying 'limited edition' jpegs for $hundreds he is roaring laughing, finally when I tell him people are 'melting down' these jpegs to then be able to afford more limited edition jpegs he totally lost it and was crying laughing right in front of me, it was awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
HOLY poo poo.

That... that stream... it was bad.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BluestreakBTHR posted:

HOLY poo poo.

That... that stream... it was bad.

releash the fucken game shhhut up ansh releash game gently caress game releashh shhhhqadron shforteh two gently caress ye

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, it all played out over here and recapped here.

Well congrats, you may have yourself a win over a some guy with a GED that pulls security at Wall-Mart at night. I guess that's how you have to finance your living expanses these days? Cant be from LOD or your previous "hits" and certainly cant be from all the poo poo you throw around while under the protection of your internet connection. Word-warrior. loving word-ninja even.

Paps said you are running on thin ice btw.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
releash the shingle player gamYER ME BESHT FUCKEN PAL YE KNOW THA?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

releash the fucken game shhhut up ansh releash game gently caress game releashh shhhhqadron shforteh two gently caress ye
tis ahll yuv got ta FOOKIN DUUUU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

each red seat fold of skin is to be filled with one large bag of popcorn

:lesnick: loves the hunt

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BlackJesus posted:

Well congrats, you may have yourself a win over a some guy with a GED that pulls security at Wall-Mart at night. I guess that's how you have to finance your living expanses these days? Cant be from LOD or your previous "hits" and certainly cant be from all the poo poo you throw around while under the protection of your internet connection. Word-warrior. loving word-ninja even.

Paps said you are running on thin ice btw.

u wot?

BlackJesus
Oct 22, 2015

my paps / dad? GOD :)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Omi-Polari posted:

tis ahll yuv got ta FOOKIN DUUUU

jush releash the fuZZZ ZZZ ZZZ zzz YE gently caress YE shingle player zzz zzz

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

m8?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

:argh:

Y'know what? It doesn't loving matter anymore.
My final refund (the VD items and remaining cash balance from melted skins) is being processed as of today.
I'm OUT. DONESKI. GONE.

You hear that, SANDI? FIN.

Wow. I'm a little angrier than usual. Must be the Scotch.

BluestreakBTHR fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 24, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

BESHT FUCKIN PALS YE i love ye

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

besht m8

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom
Edit: See Above

Today I learned that cats can talk. They sound scottish and sound drunk. I also learned today that cats can't shut the gently caress up.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

peter gabriel posted:

I saw a grown man cry today about SC and I am not even lying

why was he crying?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
In this panel discussion, we have Derek Smart, Max Headroom and a drunk Scotsman.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Agrajag posted:

why was he crying?

A friend of mine is an indie dev dude, just chipping away at making a space type game. I gave him the low down on SC and he's laughing all the way through, when I told him (and showed him) that people were buying 'limited edition' jpegs for $hundreds he is roaring laughing, finally when I tell him people are 'melting down' these jpegs to then be able to afford more limited edition jpegs he totally lost it and was crying laughing right in front of me, it was awesome

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
this is the worst loving stream.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Fooma posted:

Edit: See Above

Today I learned that cats can talk. They sound scottish and sound drunk. I also learned today that cats can't shut the gently caress up.

Sorry, I get excited sometimes and post too much

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

this is the worst loving stream.

My stream should be slightly better. Tomorrow at Noon eastern.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Frankly I find the allegations of pubism the most disturbing. I bet there won't even be an option to customize your character's body hair in the game.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Mukip posted:

As a story, the racism allegations are already a dud that came and went.

Unfortunately while the press doesn't follow this thread, it bears repeating/quoting:

Bootcha posted:

I've asked around my own contacts, trying to find out what's going on from my own end, and the allegations of unprofessional conduct and treatment of employees have been collated and verified, pointing to the top of the CIG food chain.

These are from sources both inside and outside CIG.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sandi will probably be in attendance, image modified for accuracy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
o7

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

BluestreakBTHR posted:

My stream should be slightly better. Tomorrow at Noon eastern.

Im assuming Beyond the horizon radio is you and not Butt Testicle Homo Rangers?

yeah I'll poo poo it up nicely

I'm Mr bahn

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Mukip posted:

You'll notice that no other media outlet from what I've read has really gone into that aspect of the Escapist allegations because they are so skeevy to begin with, given their "verified but not really" sources. As a story, the racism allegations are already a dud that came and went.

how much money do you have in ship jpegs

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

SneakyFrog posted:

I'm Mr bahn

My condolences

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

pftc posted:

I got another thing.

Remember that Sandi interview from earlier? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbF8cWOLwEI

https://archive.is/BhJbF

Sandi and the CIG team talk out of three sides of their mouths on this. In one episode they say they're not even trying to make money on the merch because it's just for the fans and if they break even it's great. In another, they say China is the only way to do it profitably.

I'm more inclined to believe a third scenario-- "We don't care about the quality of backer customer experience -- but if we're going to bother with this, we're using the absolute cheapest option available so we can pocket more cash."

(And who knows- maybe they own a stake in that sweatshop that loses their stuff frequently.)

I assume Sandi knows better -- because other gaming companies like Bethesda make a princely sum on merch while shipping inside the US. Sure, they might manufacture the sweet figurines in Asia or Mexico, but they consolidate them at a domestic shipper and get that crap to us FAST.

The fact that CIG can't do this right - despite Sandi's supposed education - tells you that either they are incredibly ignorant about something entirely obvious, or they have unstated motives for using a subpar solution, despite the obvious fact that it sucks for most CiG backers AND cig support employees- most people except for Sandi and her friends in China.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Scottish guy is threatening to punch people in the face on the stream

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sappo569 posted:

Sandi will probably be in attendance, image modified for accuracy

:eyepop:

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Unfortunately while the press doesn't follow this thread, it bears repeating/quoting:

Maybe the Press knows the public forum isn't the best format.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

Sorry, I get excited sometimes and post too much
You never post too much, Peter-- only too little.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

G0RF posted:

Sandi and the CIG team talk out of three sides of their mouths on this. In one episode they say they're not even trying to make money on the merch because it's just for the fans and if they break even it's great. In another, they say China is the only way to do it profitably.

I'm more inclined to believe a third scenario-- "We don't care about the quality of backer customer experience -- but if we're going to bother with this, we're using the absolute cheapest option available so we can pocket more cash."

(And who knows- maybe they own a stake in that sweatshop that loses their stuff frequently.)

I assume Sandi knows better -- because other gaming companies like Bethesda make a princely sum on merch while shipping inside the US. Sure, they might manufacture the sweet figurines in Asia or Mexico, but they consolidate them at a domestic shipper and get that crap to us FAST.

The fact that CIG can't do this right - despite Sandi's supposed education - tells you that either they are incredibly ignorant about something entirely obvious, or they have unstated motives for using a subpar solution, despite the obvious fact that it sucks for most CiG backers AND cig support employees- most people except for Sandi and her friends in China.

Ordered a 4xL polo shirt when it was available in 2013 and to this date still have not received said purchased Item.

Roberts Space Industries - Store - Order Shipped

Your order is now shipping via 4PX.

Your package should be about 4-6 weeks away depending on the speed of your local post service.

Sincerely,
Roberts Space Industries

Sent Reply to concierge stating I have not received my polo on Jan 7th 2014
2 weeks later still no response..
https://archive.is/98Lqx#selection-1687.1-1715.34

Only registered members can see post attachments!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

G0RF posted:

You never post too much, Peter-- only too little.

Thank you, Star Citizen is just so exciting!

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

Bootcha posted:

That's interesting. Are you saying that you've verified those allegations yourself?

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

how much money do you have in ship jpegs

Yeah, it's sad that you are getting passive aggressive because I'm not taking uncorroborated allegations at face value.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Agrajag posted:

are there any other game devs that have their main offices in LA? from what i hear LA is rather expensive.

I don't know about "main" but there's an EA studio there and I'm pretty sure at least some others that I don't know offhand (E3 is in LA and there are locals).

LA isn't the most expensive place in the world either, at least some parts. Cheaper than SF and NYC anyways. Santa Monica OTOH is not just "LA", it's ritzy LA.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pftc posted:

Ordered a 4xL polo shirt when it was available in 2013 and to this date still have not received said purchased Item.

Roberts Space Industries - Store - Order Shipped

Your order is now shipping via 4PX.

Your package should be about 4-6 weeks away depending on the speed of your local post service.

Sincerely,
Roberts Space Industries

Sent Reply to concierge stating I have not received my polo on Jan 7th 2014
2 weeks later still no response..
https://archive.is/98Lqx#selection-1687.1-1715.34

why would lesnick post on an alt account instead of asking croberts directly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Bootcha,

I almost made a comment to that effect (private CIG investor is satisfied allegations are true) in a Reddit thread, but then I figured it'd be better just to wait. Sounds like it's a poorly kept secret and sooner or later we're going to get more proof. You know more than we do-- and are obviously displeased. Hope you get your money out soon and get to wash your hands of them (and that you make more videos.)

• Locked thread