Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

why would lesnick post on an alt account instead of asking croberts directly?

He doesn't want people to know where he buys his napkins is my guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mukip posted:

That's interesting. Are you saying that you've verified those allegations yourself?

Yeah, it's sad that you are getting passive aggressive because I'm not taking uncorroborated allegations at face value.

same

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

o7

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Mukip posted:

Yeah, it's sad that you are getting passive aggressive because I'm not taking uncorroborated allegations at face value.

whooooo cares this is laugh at CIG thread, not the definitively prove corporate mismanagement with corroborated on the record video testimony thread

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bootcha posted:

Unfortunately while the press doesn't follow this thread, it bears repeating/quoting:

It really does make me wish so hard for someone recording on their phone and leaking, like, a snippet of Sandi cursing and screaming (preferably with :lesnick: ineffectually trying to brown nose to her and calm her down in the background, just so that the whales have an even harder time of screaming that it's all faked/staged).

Something like that gets out even once and I assume Sandi will quit for real, and not just do a fake attention whore on stage about it.

EDIT: And ofc, the obligatory remix made of this recording afterwards in this vein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 24, 2015

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

peter gabriel posted:

He doesn't want people to know where he buys his napkins is my guess

the shirt is the napkin

e: which is thej oke lol

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

the shirt is the napkin

Yup that's why I said that thing I said :D

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

<------- Derek's Dumby

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Someone in CIG will not like the month of November!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

<------- Derek's Dumby

I love you :)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

It really does make me wish so hard for someone recording on their phone and leaking, like, a snippet of Sandi cursing and screaming (preferably with :lesnick: ineffectually trying to brown nose to her and calm her down in the background, just so that the whales have an even harder time of screaming that it's all faked/staged).

Something like that gets out even once and I assume Sandi will quit for real, and not just do a fake attention whore on stage about it.

EDIT: And ofc, the obligatory remix made of this recording afterwards in this vein: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTihsJQHt48

Apparently there is a video out, and is was sent to the writer who did the piece for The Escapist.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

pftc posted:

A previous Star Citizen thread was 905 pages, and it started June 2014 and ended August 2015
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=905

This Star Citizen thread is 703(+) pages and started September 29th
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337

It's a big thread.

You missed the first one.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=736

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Wulfling posted:

The whole reason they moved out there was Sandi wants to try and use the game to jump start her movie career.

The part of LA they are in, is in fact the most expensive part of LA period. So they're literally pissing away money on their desperate attempts to get back into the movie business.

Yes. This is precisely what my sources have told me as well.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

OhDearGodNo posted:

Apparently there is a video out, and is was sent to the writer who did the piece for The Escapist.

:allears:

But yea...until it winds up on the internet...who the hell knows how true that is, or how much they just threw that in during their podcast as "things we couldn't use, but TOTALLY do have" for extra clickbait attention. :shrug:

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

:allears:

But yea...until it winds up on the internet...who the hell knows how true that is, or how much they just threw that in during their podcast as "things we couldn't use, but TOTALLY do have" for extra clickbait attention. :shrug:

It wasn't in the podcast, it was described first in when they wrote about vetting the sources:

quote:

Video evidence was sent by a source, but was not used because we felt it was ambiguous and could not be properly verified. If and when we get verifiable documentation to support the allegations, that will be published.

It wasn't really pushed- just a snippet buried near the end of the article.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/14727-The-Escapist-Explains-Its-Star-Citizen-Sources-Vetting-and-Respo

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

OhDearGodNo posted:

It wasn't in the podcast, it was described first in when they wrote about vetting the sources:

It wasn't really pushed- just a snippet buried near the end of the article.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/14727-The-Escapist-Explains-Its-Star-Citizen-Sources-Vetting-and-Respo

Yeah, well that's some bullshit. It's disingenious how they push this "verified but not really" angle. They aren't confident in their sources but they went to publication anyway. Until we hear something solid about it the shoddy behavior of the Escapist casts doubt on everything.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

D_Smart posted:

Yes. This is precisely what my sources have told me as well.

derek that stream was dreadful.

I mean why did you even do that?

all they are going to do is bring up why LOD isnt finished..and ignore 92 million dollars in crowdfunding.. hell unless you really are getting off on a bunch of goons smacking down whiteknights.

which is still fine i guess.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

I'm headin' down the Spacelanta highway
Lookin' for the love getaway
Headed for the love getaway
I got me a ship, it's as big as a whale
And we're headin' on down to the Love Shack
I got me a Endeavor, it seats about 20
So hurry up and bring your jpeg money

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Ravane posted:

It's been 24 days since this thread started. At 703 pages, it's on average 30 pages per day. So 750 1200 posts per day. That's about all the math I'm doing.

pftc posted:

A previous Star Citizen thread was 905 pages, and it started June 2014 and ended August 2015
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=905

This Star Citizen thread is 703(+) pages and started September 29th
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337

It's a big thread.

:chanpop:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mukip I know you're just trying to find sanity in an insane world, but

Klyith posted:

whooooo cares this is laugh at CIG thread, not the definitively prove corporate mismanagement with corroborated on the record video testimony thread

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
There is another early Star Citizen thread out there, it was also gassed. Can't find it.

Man, read that first thread. Look at how loving excited we all were. Look at us goading eachother into buying more.

We believed. How loving stupid are we?

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 24, 2015

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like just because Dsmart can get people to corroborate that he's never beaten up a soda vending machine and because there's no proof CR's fueling a drug habit doesn't mean "Chris Roberts is the second coke machine Derek Smart has ever beaten up" wasn't a good joke.

There used to be a time where threads on SA were as enthusiastic about SC as the RSI forums still are.

We made fun of them, too.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mukip posted:

Yeah, well that's some bullshit. It's disingenious how they push this "verified but not really" angle. They aren't confident in their sources but they went to publication anyway. Until we hear something solid about it the shoddy behavior of the Escapist casts doubt on everything.
Bootcha is a private investor in CIG- with closer connections to the company and a longer history with the company founders. He formerly expressed uncertainty about the allegations (hundreds of pages and maybe a thread ago). The fact that he researched and now expresses concerns about the allegations of toxic misbehavior in upper management means that there really might be fire, and it really may be time for Space Court.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chocobo posted:

There is another early Star Citizen thread out there, it was also gassed. Can't find it.

Man, read that first thread. Look at how loving excited we all were. Look at us goading eachother into buying more.

i stayed away from that thread, because i was just a poor original kickstarter who didnt want to spend thousands to impress.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Mukip posted:

How much you in for? Sub thousand? Over?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

G0RF posted:

Bootcha is a private investor in CIG- with closer connections to the company and a longer history with the company founders. He formerly expressed uncertainty about the allegations (hundreds of pages and maybe a thread ago). The fact that he researched and now expresses concerns about the allegations of toxic misbehavior in upper management means that there really might be fire, and it really may be time for Space Court.

it is mostly in this thread.. i still hope he gets the hell out intact or mostly.

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene

G0RF posted:

If Bootcha can bring on the drama bombs then more power to him. But that doesn't make the Escapist look any better.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Mukip posted:

so this is about ethics in games journalism?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Agrajag posted:

so this is about ethics in games journalism?

:rolleyes:

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

There used to be a time where threads on SA were as enthusiastic about SC as the RSI forums still are.

We made fun of them, too.

Yeah, I remember reading a tiny bit of the older threads back in the day and thinking "wow it'll be awesome when this comes out!!"

There's an article on The Mittani with a point/counterpoint debate and it's interesting how goon opinion on the game has changed, and how the doubt was already there.

It's a real crime (besides the actual scamming) that Chris Roberts made bank on a generation of hopeful people who just wanted a modern day MMO Freelancer and poo poo it down the drain

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
I am the cultist shill gamergater.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Like are you literally only interested in the Escapist allegations?

Because we've moved on past that to make fun of other things now.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Mukip posted:

If Bootcha can bring on the drama bombs then more power to him. But that doesn't make the Escapist look any better.
Boom.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Mukip posted:

I am the cultist shill gamergater.

how can we help?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Yeah, I remember reading a tiny bit of the older threads back in the day and thinking "wow it'll be awesome when this comes out!!"

There's an article on The Mittani with a point/counterpoint debate and it's interesting how goon opinion on the game has changed, and how the doubt was already there.

It's a real crime (besides the actual scamming) that Chris Roberts made bank on a generation of hopeful people who just wanted a modern day MMO Freelancer and poo poo it down the drain

everyone who gave crobizzle money is a grown rear end adult. i feel no sympathy for anyone who is still buying jpgs. just a quick once over of crobizzle's business model should set off alarms for anyone with a bit of common sense. to be so emotionally attached to a glorified sales pitch is stupid as all gently caress.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Like are you literally only interested in the Escapist allegations?

Because we've moved on past that to make fun of other things now.

mofo is like 400 pages behind on the news

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Chocobo posted:

Yeah, I got insulted a bunch for only spending 30bux. Hahahaha.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Ravane posted:

last laugh ricky. last laugh.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ravane posted:

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

I feel so bad for the token african americans Sandi is dragging into this. They are trotting those two out at every opportunity and as far as I know neither is really involved with the game at any level- one's like a video producer and the other is a property manager for their office. I wonder if they know why this woman is suddenly insisting that they get in front of the camera every week? It's disgusting. It is literally the second most racist reaction you could have after being accused of racism. "No I'm not racist! Black person, you are now my accessory and shield against these claims!"

Yeah. It doesnt disprove that she didnt hire a person based on being black either. Maybe the role the person applied for was one that required Sandi to look at them longer than a propaganda video shoot and actually work with them

Next she will show us her token pubes...

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Oct 24, 2015

• Locked thread