Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Schlesische posted:

This comment is amazingly stupid. It's like a hot take but you lit the garbage bin on fire to make it.
New Zealanders are exactly like Australians in the way they only pay attention to sports they do well in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

Mr Chips posted:

New Zealanders are exactly like Australians in the way they only pay attention to sports they do well in.

Rubbish, new zealanders have always cared deeply about the LPGA

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
So much this. 'Yachting? Sounds like a dumb sport for rich poofs oh what's that we won the America's Cup well let me tell you about keels and hulls and spinnakers and why we're the best'

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
one difference is that Australians only give a poo poo about the Wallabies when they're winning. As soon as they start losing, viewers will switch to something else. What do New Zealanders switch to if the ABs start getting beaten regularly?

For some perspective on how minor Union is in Australia, the ARU is apparently going to get $35 million a year for the Super 15 broadcast rights. AFL will be getting $418 million a year over the same period.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
I give a poo poo about the wallabies even if they're losing and so should everyone else in Australia :(

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

I follow Australian Rugby, I just struggle to enjoy watching the Wallabies lose because apparently the NSW front row has never seen a scrum before.

Also, gently caress the Waratahs.

TRISHY
Apr 12, 2005

ColtMcAsskick posted:

I give a poo poo about the wallabies even if they're losing and so should everyone else in Australia :(

Me too buddy... Me too...

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I feel no shame being an all black's fan since I'm an even bigger black caps and warriors fan.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I support the Wallabies even when they pick Quade.

I don't understand why they pick Quade, because he is bad.

Don't hate wallabies supporters for Quade, pity us.

"GO WALLABIES!except Quade"

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
I am instantly more interested when Quade plays: you know that something weird is bound to happen , whether it's a dumb yellow, dumb pass, or something akin to magic.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Has he ever gone to a semi-public event in a racist costume?

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

goatface posted:

Has he ever gone to a semi-public event in a racist costume?

The real question is which other rugby players besides Williams, Jackson or Tialata has ever gone to a semi-pubclic event in a racist costume?

It's a shame Priestland deleted all the photos of him cosplaying as Waluigi from the internet, or he could have won The Something Awful 2015 Rugby World Cosplay Cup by default :{

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I feel no shame being an all black's fan since I'm an even bigger black caps and warriors fan.

Yeah.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010

hooman posted:

I support the Wallabies even when they pick Quade.

I don't understand why they pick Quade, because he is bad.

Don't hate wallabies supporters for Quade, pity us.

"GO WALLABIES!except Quade"

You know that episode of Futurama where Leela joins a baseball team and they have a clown on the team for when they're doing badly? I'm fairly sure Quade cooper is the literal equivalent of that clown and is only there for pure entertainment value to everyone who doesn't have a stake in the wallabies winning. I mean, he plays and comedy just happens. It's a mystery beyond him literally being there to keep viewers watching

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Tyma posted:

The real question is which other rugby players besides Williams, Jackson or Tialata has ever gone to a semi-pubclic event in a racist costume?

It's a shame Priestland deleted all the photos of him cosplaying as Waluigi from the internet, or he could have won The Something Awful 2015 Rugby World Cosplay Cup by default :{

I'm pretty sure one of the other members of the Ethiopan Olympic team relay team (:ughh: :ughh: :ughh:) or whatever the gently caress it was Paddy Jackson dressed up as was Mike Allen who now plays for Edinburgh.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 23, 2015

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Woden posted:

What other sport than Rugby/League is NZ better than Australia, or heck only slightly behind? Netball?
NZ is bad at cricket and tennis which are the other two sports you mentioned, bad at hockey, bad at soccer, bad at basketball which are all sports Aus either does ok in or is one of the top teams.

You're not that much better at cricket at the moment and that is basically your national game. The Breakers have been dominant in your basketball league too. As far as football goes we're both terrible but somehow you managed to pull the shadiest poo poo ever and be allowed to compete in Asia despite not even being a part of that continent.

I guess I hate Australian teams as they'll do anything to win even if it means being complete and utter cunts.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I only dislike Australia because they are enough like Americans that they make me feel bad about being American.

Whereas New Zealand are the Canada of the South: slightly different accent, nicer people, better skiing, and they are the best in the world at their national sport whereas their rivals are almost as good but it's only like the 4th most popular sport there.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007

Ewar Woowar posted:

The Breakers have been dominant in your basketball league too.
Are you using this as the basis for a claim that NZ is only slightly worse than Au in basketball? FIBA rankings don't really support that position.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Please don't start talking about basketball.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
don't worry, there will be 500+ posts about rugby in the next 24 hours

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Mr Chips posted:

Are you using this as the basis for a claim that NZ is only slightly worse than Au in basketball? FIBA rankings don't really support that position.

Nah, Australia is much better than us at basketball.

We're really good at rowing though :downs:

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
loving rowing. At my school the rowing team got showered with money for ludicrously expensive equipment, and never won anything.

Meanwhile, the rugby program got nothing (the coaches paid for balls out of their own pockets, we trained in a local park and a local club lent us their pitch gratis) and we won the Schoolboys trophy or were in the GF every single year over a 8 year period.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Apollodorus posted:

I only dislike Australia because they are enough like Americans that they make me feel bad about being American.

Australians are nothing like Americans. Americans are loving morons who think a public health system is evil and guns for everyone are good.

(if you're going to make stupid generalisations....)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Man, gonna miss the RWC. Good/funny rugby neatly every day was amazing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

tarbrush posted:

Man, gonna miss the RWC. Good/funny rugby neatly every day was amazing

Four years till the next one, hope it is as good as the last two were.

ColtMcAsskick
Nov 7, 2010
Why not the World Cup, but all the time?

Think about it people

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The rugby championship is already every year.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Mister Chief posted:

:iceburn:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Unimpressed posted:

Australians are nothing like Americans. Americans are loving morons who think a public health system is evil and guns for everyone are good.

(if you're going to make stupid generalisations....)

You're right, the Aussies left more of the native population alive.

Hence, American guilt for me...

But, I mean, here's my rundown:

1. former British colony where they dumped a lot of undesirables

2. love barbecue

3. lots of them play or watch a weird sport they call "football" that no one else in the world cares about

4. um...Bali is like Australia's Cancun

5. I dunno I think that's all I got. But the barbecue and football comparison is solid, clearly

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Mister Chief posted:

nice

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Australia has Alf Stewart, America does not.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

You're right, the Aussies left more of the native population alive.

Hence, American guilt for me...

But, I mean, here's my rundown:

1. former British colony where they dumped a lot of undesirables

2. love barbecue

3. lots of them play or watch a weird sport they call "football" that no one else in the world cares about

4. um...Bali is like Australia's Cancun

5. I dunno I think that's all I got. But the barbecue and football comparison is solid, clearly

6. Have an impressively racist "national tone"

7. Have similar levels of morbid obesity

Against that:
1. Police Officers and Guns
2. Guns in general
3. Healthcare
4. Education
5. "unemployment benefits"
6. Occasionally actually good at Rugby
7. Have beaten New Zealand in the last 50 years

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014
Shits about to get real

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I'm heading home from doing the shopping. Could someone please reach out to World Rugby to delay kickoff by about 15 mins thanks.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
Amateur hour, I've already done my horrendous Lidl run and even a Sainsbury's beer run

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rugby is pretty cool imo

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
That's a good opinion to have.

Just realised I've pretty much forgotten half my national anthem

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
I'm pumped for this.

"The WUUUULD aas woohhn~"

Hope the ABs win despite usually preferring the underdog.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Chas McGill posted:

I'm pumped for this.

"The WUUUULD aas woohhn~"

Hope the ABs win despite usually preferring the underdog.

Not really fussed who wins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
And this match has started