Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
The Star Citizen Alpha 1.3 patch is now available, and although the hangars do seem to have a few bugs...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2bhMOqFNoQY

...once you get to the flight portion of the game, everything looks pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdKqBGGgLgc

:wtchris:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

You can see the physics are fully implemented based on the observed mass of that ship.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

my god MMOs are a dumpster fire

look at that list

Seriously, just look at it

Bitcoin Stymie
Oct 23, 2015

by Lowtax

peter gabriel posted:

Sorry, I get excited sometimes and post too much
Same but my posts are always good and funny and smart and

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:vince:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
Seriously tho that theater layout is dumb as poo poo. You gotta show the dick or rear end to like 10 people if you gotta get out to pee. Lol.

Imagine Ben sitting in the middle and having fat crawl all over you, then back again after he dropped a deuce without washing his hands. Or let's be real, didn't wipe properly either cause of the trex arms.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
You know, that entire Star Citizen-affair reminds me of Tulips for some reason. Tulips from the Netherlands.

Kind of amazing how stupidity runs in circles and comes back that way.

The reaction of my cat to this entire thing:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

Libluini posted:

You know, that entire Star Citizen-affair reminds me of Tulips for some reason. Tulips from the Netherlands.

Hey, at least there were real tulips involved in that, not pictures of tulips.

Seeing that Starfleet Dental video reminds of a bit from a lecture on North Korea's Juche ideology: "Juche exists to be praised, not practiced" which neatly describes Star Citizen.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

CeeJee posted:

Hey, at least there were real tulips involved in that, not pictures of tulips.

Seeing that Starfleet Dental video reminds of a bit from a lecture on North Korea's Juche ideology: "Juche exists to be praised, not practiced" which neatly describes Star Citizen.

Star Citizen exists to be backed, not played.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

Kind of amazing how stupidity runs in circles and comes back that way.

The reaction of my cat to this entire thing:

May I pet your cat?
I promise I won't sell it for beans of a specific magical nature or anything... :v:

Kronok
Sep 19, 2002
The local physics grid is cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVd5OxZZv0

It's something that's I initially thought "how would they even do that?" and they seemed to have pulled it off.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Plankalkuel posted:

Star Citizen exists to be backed, not played.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Kronok posted:

The local physics grid is cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTVd5OxZZv0

It's something that's I initially thought "how would they even do that?" and they seemed to have pulled it off.

use a good engine like UE4 and its a few clicks of a button

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Romes128 posted:

Seriously tho that theater layout is dumb as poo poo. You gotta show the dick or rear end to like 10 people if you gotta get out to pee. Lol.

Imagine Ben sitting in the middle and having fat crawl all over you, then back again after he dropped a deuce without washing his hands. Or let's be real, didn't wipe properly either cause of the trex arms.

I imagine Ben is the kind of person who'd voluntarily get a colostomy and a catheter to make life easier for himself.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I've been making Scientology jokes for well over two years.

ether
May 20, 2001

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

use a good engine like UE4 and its a few clicks of a button

Sadly, no, my attempt at SAGDCX needed just that, and it took quite a few engine changes to enable arbitrary localized gravity if you want to keep the default inertia/physics handling. I did get that working within a week or 2, as opposed to CIGs multiyear epic journey.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Incombibulator posted:

May I pet your cat?
I promise I won't sell it for beans of a specific magical nature or anything... :v:

Last time you brought the wrong cat back

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

Last time you brought the wrong cat back

At least he won't get my cat, she's too skittish with strangers. The lazy lady can move astonishingly fast if some new guy turns up at the window. :v:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Libluini posted:

At least he won't get my cat, she's too skittish with strangers. The lazy lady can move astonishingly fast if some new guy turns up at the window. :v:

yeah cats are standoffish. You wouldnt even notice my cats, because the dogs would be too busy attempting to sit on your lap.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Dear CIG staffer assigned to reading this thread,

Since your recent event to talk about your game failed to contain any gameplay or discussion of that gameplay I want to help.

For an example of how to host a convention and give actual information about your game and changes coming to it, please refer to this clip from CCP's EVE Vegas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8K9b7CEWOE

Hope this helps.

The first person view in part two :chanpop:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Bitcoin Stymie posted:

Same but my posts are always good and funny and smart and

Is this your fastest rereg time? Was it less than 24 hours?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

joats posted:

Let me find a link, but the SC community did want prostitute AI and Developer body scans for NPC models in the game.

(Not together of course)

Oh god, they wanted to gently caress croberts :stonk:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wafflz posted:

:gonk:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Wafflz posted:

Why not? They've been hosed by him plenty.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

Why not? They've been hosed by him plenty.

:perfect:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

KiddieGrinder posted:

I imagine Ben is the kind of person who'd voluntarily get a colostomy and a catheter to make life easier for himself.

Life must suck though. How do you fly a plane?

- I'd like to book business class
- Right, one return ticket business class to...
- No, you don't get it. I need to book Business class

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

yeah cats are standoffish. You wouldnt even notice my cats, because the dogs would be too busy attempting to sit on your lap.

No, not really. If my cat knows someone, she doesn't leave him alone. Except for the time when she's asleep, of course. :v:

Besides, every time my cat snarls and attacks a neighbour's cat until it runs out of the garden, I already feel like I own a dog.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Libluini posted:

No, not really. If my cat knows someone, she doesn't leave him alone. Except for the time when she's asleep, of course. :v:

Besides, every time my cat snarls and attacks a neighbour's cat until it runs out of the garden, I already feel like I own a dog.

just easier to pick up :v:

and eat less good deal there.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

God drat. Someone thought releasing that was a good idea.

Informed Consent
Feb 24, 2014

I <3 Imp Zone
Back after ~1000 pages. I suppose I didn't miss much?

Are we moving over from this non-game to Derek Smarts non-game game now? :v:

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

FrozenVent posted:

God drat. Someone thought releasing that was a good idea.

wait you think that's official?

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

mike12345 posted:

wait you think that's official?

It's from Sandi's fb page

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

It's from Sandi's fb page

The White / Colored parts are photo shopped in. It simply reads "not our seats."

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

Malek posted:

The White / Colored parts are photo shopped in. It simply reads "not our seats."

Ha I thought it was the original posted earlier.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3pqgiy/the_something_awful_troll_of_ds_back_in_july/cwaumk5

quote:

Please don't play Star Citizen.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Malek posted:

That's a lie, I never had shop with that photo.

e:

quote:

tommytrain 5 pontos 3 dias ago
Took a look at SA for first time today, it's like looking into a barrel full of gremlins ... you got the goofy one, the frenetic one, the dumb one, the brilliant one, the truly evil one ... and last thing you want to do is knock over that barrel or get them wet ... the only Goon I know in real life is a bigger SC backer than I am ...

e2:

quote:

tommytrain 1 ponto 2 dias ago
Is there better formatting available? Spoiled by reddit cleanliness ...

quote:

RottenRedRod 1 ponto 2 dias ago
Nah, they use pretty dated forum software

e3:

quote:

Llatsin 2 pontos 1 dia ago
It works both ways Sareed, you goons can't argue that because you are too diverse and there's no one coordinating anything you ARE NOT getting together to take down CIG, and then also argue that you ARE getting together to troll Derek.
I'm only stating the fact that a lot of the DOODZ! posting on that thread are disciples of Derek. Not saying he's leading them, or controlling them, but they sure as poo poo are following the guy.
gently caress, they are onto us. :siren: CODE SHALLOT :siren: CODE SHALLOT :siren:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 24, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

that response :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

quote:

tommytrain 5 pontos 3 dias ago
Took a look at SA for first time today, it's like looking into a barrel full of gremlins ... you got the goofy one, the frenetic one, the dumb one, the brilliant one, the truly evil one ... and last thing you want to do is knock over that barrel or get them wet ... the only Goon I know in real life is a bigger SC backer than I am .

Dibs on being the gremlin with electric powers.

• Locked thread