Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

While there were times that Ecco seemed scummy, most of the time I felt that she was just frustrated at getting attacked from all sides. KB, Diqnol, merk and Asiina were all early pushers on Ecco. I was on her for a bit but moved away and also CPig/wins voted for her as well.

Is it really possible that all 6 of the people who voted for Ecco on D1 are town? I know I'm town and we know that CPig/wins and Diqnol both flipped town. So really that leaves 3 people to ponder. merk wouldn't even consider looknig at anyone else and I don't really buy his contriteness about lynching a town Ecco. Asiina is a uncounterclaimed cop, who investigated diqnol on N1 and KB on N2 which seems a bit convenient right now. I am actually a bit suspicious of all three of them right now. Although I will admit that I am rather torn about Asiina because while I find some of her stuff suspect (including the whole busb made a mistake thing), I also know she doesn't particularly enjoy being scum so she disengages slightly and that doesn't seem to be the case here regardless of her D1 issues.

Honestly, the person I have the most issue with is merk. I really just hate the tunneling on Ecco and his flat out refusal to look at other people during that time. His only defense was along the lines of 'I've found scum, so why should I look for more?'. Because tunneling is often seen as bad town play, I could see a scum merk tunneling on Ecco and just trying to ride out any backlash with the defense of 'So I was wrong, but wrong doesn't mean scum.'

And ultimately, let's not forget about his own scum tell:

I think we all need to take a long hard look at merk today because I'm not so sure he is town right now.

I'd like everybody to be careful with their vote, however.

Merk, what's your hot take?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 3

Verr (1): Asiina

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, Beetphyxious, bowmore, CCKeane, King Burgundy, Little Mac, merk, Rarity, TMMadman, Tommunist, Verr

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 26th, 2015 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 21 hours.

Day 3 is Double Plurality!

Ok, we started with 18 counting our king. 4 scum?

12 left
Town:
CCKeane
Asiina (If really a town cop)
TMMadman (Suspected town based on role/flavor/tie to Asiina)
KB (Copped)

If I'm not missing anyone else that should be in that top list based on game events so far, then scum are here:
Anonymous Narcotics
Beetphyxious
bowmore
Little Mac
merk
Rarity
Tommunist
Verr

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

And we'll go down to 10 after today's vote. And if we lose 1 in battle and 1 to NK, that is 8. So. This seems like an important day to hit scum.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay 100yrs is absolutely the cop we have the same role.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

I'd like everybody to be careful with their vote, however.

Merk, what's your hot take?

Oh I completely agree, that's why I didn't put a vote along with that post.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Rarity was someone who really pinged me yesterday in the context of defending someone who seemed scum, but i'm a lot less sure on my read now that ecco flipped town.

gonna do some more reading.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Oh I completely agree, that's why I didn't put a vote along with that post.

Just being explict.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'm also contemplating sending scum into battle this time.

So don't just stop at one, y'all, gimme all yer scum picks.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
If you send scum into battle I can't investigate them but I guess it lets me clear more people as town.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

Okay 100yrs is absolutely the cop we have the same role.

If you are the equivalent of 100yrs who was connected to Hector (Puntification), then who would you be connected to?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Character name?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Mine is Briseis. Madman is Achilles (which I think he confirmed yesterday when I said it).

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Yes, I am Achilles.

If Asiina has copped KB as town, is it out of line to ask his character name at this point?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Reread a few folks, starting with the lowest posters/easiest to get through:

Opop/AN -- There is nothing there yet to get any kind of read off of. Hopefully AN steps up now with some good posts.
Nabster/Tommunist - Again, nothing super useful or relevant here. :(
Little Mac - Has put himself down with real opinions. Doesn't seem afraid of saying things when he's around. I'm leaning slightly town on him, but it's still a bit hard to tell with lurkers.
Bowmore - There is nothing worthwhile in his post history. Who knows.
Beetphyxious - Has some real opinions and they seem genuine to me. I'm leaning town here. But sure would be nice if they posted more.

While I was reading Beet, his posts reminded me we had no night kill on N1. So I went back and looked at the battle line for N1:

Achaeans
Back: TheNabster, Capitalist Pig, Verr
Front: Giuseppe, Merk, Little Mac

Is it possible our four scum are Nabster/Tommunist, Verr, Merk and Little Mac? And they couldn't night kill back at camp since they were in combat? I mean, we won that fight, but maybe they couldn't really sabotage since it would risk killing all of them? This is a bit tin foil, but just a thought.

I want to reread Verr, Merk and Rarity still, but probably won't happen tonight.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Yes, I am Achilles.

If Asiina has copped KB as town, is it out of line to ask his character name at this point?

I'm not seeing the harm in it. I'm Thoas.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

merk posted:

I've buffed Verr in both of the last fights.

Did you buff or would your buff influence anyone else?

Asiina posted:

If you send scum into battle I can't investigate them but I guess it lets me clear more people as town.

How convenient! Both ecco and I were your primary targets and have been untargetable by that coincidence. So who have you been investigating?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Verr posted:

How convenient! Both ecco and I were your primary targets and have been untargetable by that coincidence. So who have you been investigating?

Are you skipping posts/pages? She answered that within a page before the post you are quoting.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

i'm hoping she'll come out and be explicit with each of her moves each day. It'll be important I promise!

this is gonna be an interesting day.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

Did you buff or would your buff influence anyone else?

Also, did you not read that both she/busb made a mistake and she shouldn't have been able to target diqnol on N1? So if she had wanted to cop you on N1, then she could have done so.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

yes, but frankly i forgot. look, is it too much to ask for an explicit recap of the major moves? i'm not 100% asiina is scum or anything but poo poo's gonna get dramatic here. double elim means a lot of desperation.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Does the "sun warming" us flavor mean our offerings worked? I ask because I poured offerings into last night and still have more to go and it would be cool if we got more of an advantage of what's seeming to be a crucial time.

KB is saying all that needs to be said. I would absolutely vote Verr, as I've been saying for a few days now. Merk obviously looks suspicious in light of the Ecco vote, though I'll be honest: if he was scum and just pushing Ecco because, I personally fell for it. I still think he's been playing town even if results say otherwise.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

##vote KB because I keep forgetting his avatar is animated and then it makes me feel like I'm going insane when it moves.

I'm just going back to this not for the vote, but because I just now started to see KBs avatar moving. I've never noticed it before, even after I looked at his avatar directly after reading this post the first time.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think we can assume Asiina is town. We can also assume at least three scum, probably. If Verr were town wouldn't scum just dogpile on Asiina's vote and lynch him right now?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

Does the "sun warming" us flavor mean our offerings worked? I ask because I poured offerings into last night and still have more to go and it would be cool if we got more of an advantage of what's seeming to be a crucial time.

KB is saying all that needs to be said. I would absolutely vote Verr, as I've been saying for a few days now. Merk obviously looks suspicious in light of the Ecco vote, though I'll be honest: if he was scum and just pushing Ecco because, I personally fell for it. I still think he's been playing town even if results say otherwise.

Yes, we got a boon. Good work.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Little Mac posted:

I think we can assume Asiina is town. We can also assume at least three scum, probably. If Verr were town wouldn't scum just dogpile on Asiina's vote and lynch him right now?

No.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wait, what would happen in double plurality if Verr gets lynched and no one else has votes on them?!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

So LM, you get more offerings the more votes that happen I guess?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

CCKeane posted:

So LM, you get more offerings the more votes that happen I guess?

Nope. I'm just a buff dude with lots of muscles. I offer my sinewy abs to the Gods and they rub 'em and fawn.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Reread a few folks, starting with the lowest posters/easiest to get through:

Opop/AN -- There is nothing there yet to get any kind of read off of. Hopefully AN steps up now with some good posts.
Nabster/Tommunist - Again, nothing super useful or relevant here. :(
Little Mac - Has put himself down with real opinions. Doesn't seem afraid of saying things when he's around. I'm leaning slightly town on him, but it's still a bit hard to tell with lurkers.
Bowmore - There is nothing worthwhile in his post history. Who knows.
Beetphyxious - Has some real opinions and they seem genuine to me. I'm leaning town here. But sure would be nice if they posted more.

While I was reading Beet, his posts reminded me we had no night kill on N1. So I went back and looked at the battle line for N1:

Achaeans
Back: TheNabster, Capitalist Pig, Verr
Front: Giuseppe, Merk, Little Mac

Is it possible our four scum are Nabster/Tommunist, Verr, Merk and Little Mac? And they couldn't night kill back at camp since they were in combat? I mean, we won that fight, but maybe they couldn't really sabotage since it would risk killing all of them? This is a bit tin foil, but just a thought.

I want to reread Verr, Merk and Rarity still, but probably won't happen tonight.

Hmmm...I want to argue against all the scum being in the N1 raiding party, but then I start thinking about the fact that we had a claimed cop on N1 not in the raiding party and she didn't get killed. I know it's a bit WIFOMy, but I was thinking that with the possibility of a doctor out there scum might take a shot at someone other than the cop who could be protected on N1.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

P. sure Beet's scum, yeah.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

This is weird, even with 4 scum, they'd still be 2 votes short of turboing Verr.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I think Asiina being alive at all is really suspect tbh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

Hmmm...I want to argue against all the scum being in the N1 raiding party, but then I start thinking about the fact that we had a claimed cop on N1 not in the raiding party and she didn't get killed. I know it's a bit WIFOMy, but I was thinking that with the possibility of a doctor out there scum might take a shot at someone other than the cop who could be protected on N1.

The more I think about the theory, the more I like it. But I want to finish my rereads of Verr and Merk at least before I go whole hog on it.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TMMadman posted:

This is weird, even with 4 scum, they'd still be 2 votes short of turboing Verr.

I got vote count mixed up with the game I'm running, where the day is currently 4 to lynch. Whoops!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

P. sure Beet's scum, yeah.

Interesting. What makes you say that?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was injured on N1 (but not last night) so I think there must have been one scum at camp N1.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Asiina posted:

I was injured on N1 (but not last night) so I think there must have been one scum at camp N1.

This is true, plus the fact that I ended up feeling ill and I wasn't in the N1 battle either.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Asiina posted:

Ah, forgot about that. So they don't have a straight out kill then? Just an ability like mine to injure?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

King Burgundy posted:

Ah, forgot about that. So they don't have a straight out kill then? Just an ability like mine to injure?

I wonder if maybe they have something like 2 people who can cause a wound each night and together they can kill a person. I was kind of wondering if maybe they put a wound on diqnol during n1 and that's why he ended up dead during battle.

• Locked thread