Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

"I'm not afraid of you and my army friend who used to post from my account isn't either."
"I will tear you apart, please don't sue me"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

jaegerx posted:

GET HIM DEREK

Calling people names, telling them you don't like them etc, are all protected speech. Communicating threats, sustained communications designed to harass and bully, are a crime. It's actually a criminal offense; aside from the civil liabilities.

Well, Trevor Noblitt (aka Dolvak) has already stepped in it. I was going to keep it a surprise for him and Wulf Knight (aka Accelewraith) but now that they know, they should be sweating for a few days waiting for that day when a service processor shows up.

Here are the bullshit reasons him and his friends used to have my /r/thedereksmart/ Reddit account shadowbanned. It is yet another example of the hypocrisy and double-standards. Especially when you can clearly see that /r/DerekSmart is nothing but a platform brigading and attacking me.

I've said this once, and I'm saying it again:

quote:

I don't know who you are, and I don't care what you want.
If you stop the cyberbullying & harassment, that will be the end of it.
But if you don't, I have attorneys and researchers who possess a particular set of skills.
Skills which are designed to hold you accountable for what you do and which are designed to completely drain your bank account & liability insurance - if any.
So, if you don't stop, I will find you. And I will serve you.

And if you're part of the Star Citizen White Knight community who have been engaged in a pattern of ILLEGAL conduct designed to harass, bully and threaten people, there is a 100% chance that I WILL follow through with criminal and legal action because nothing will give me more pleasure than to stick all of you in the legal system in my quest for accountability. And ANY such legal action, WILL include Chris Roberts who has seemingly been cultivating this toxic community as per his own defamatory speech directed specifically at me.

The good thing about all this is that NONE of them can cry foul, say they weren't warned or that they were just "kidding" around.

quote:

Defendants may think that they can defend themselves by arguing that their threats were hollow and that they did not intend to carry them out. It is generally not a defense that the defendant did not actually intend to follow through with a threat.

And many years from now, when people, companies etc do a background check on them for anything ranging from employment, college, loans, insurance etc and all this crap pops up, they will realize that one can't go through life being an rear end-hat and not expect there to be consequences.

Rather than staying focused on the vaporware scam that is Star Citizen, they instead declared war on me because I'm the one who seemingly called everyone to action.

Fine. So now we're at war.

[IMG][/IMG]

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Hahahaha @ the Dolvak doxx. I'm normally staunchly against doxxing, but gently caress that guy. He's a major piece of poo poo and deserves it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

redwalrus posted:

Build that spaceship.

This gif is triggering the poo poo out of me, make it stop

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

There's another discussion thread here. He's pretty confident so far.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Who the gently caress shares reddit accounts with friends?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Oh gosh I love internet lawyers. They think they're going to jail Derek because he posted their names.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Kimsemus posted:

You've expressed an almost kind of sympathy for Ben often in the past Beer. Actually, for many RSI staffers. Has your experiences in the past few months embittered you at all?

If so, what was the "final straw" for you, as it were? The forum ban?

If I'm not mistaken, he named that moment pretty clearly a bit back - when James Pugh was fired by Sandi was when he realized they really don't care at all about their community.

It's funny, because personally I remember always giving CIG's community team the benefit of the doubt in the past too, but when a year ago Ras and her friend got harassed and then further banned from a RL event, for speaking up about how lovely DickWulf getting away with it is well...it's pretty interesting how one's opinion changes, once you see good people that you consider on a friendly basis, being abused by what you realize are nothing more than manchild cultists and harassers.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Decrepus posted:

I think that many people who harshly judge goons do not understand is that Games is a single subfoum on the Something Awful website and one that only a few people go to after they register for the coupon subforum.

The what? What the gently caress is this poo poo!

Henry Winklers balls
Aug 2, 2006
Slightly Agravic
poo poo just got real?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

kordansk posted:

The what? What the gently caress is this poo poo!

Coupons and deals

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

chaosbreather posted:

I have prepared the barrel. I await Dr. Smart to bend him over it within the next hours.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
LOL - this guy was pretending to be prior military too?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

chaosbreather posted:

Hey whoever is using the Matilda2013 gimmick account there, don't give the game away completely by offering $250 to help the legal defence. I know it's hard to believe but some things may actually be too stupid for them to believe and that's really pushing it. Edit it to $50 quick.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Wow, I registered for Games and I get coupons. It's win win!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

chaosbreather posted:

Yeah. And they really do believe that I'm going to waste time sending them a "mean" C&D. Just watch.

Wulf Knight has been posting poo poo like this (1*, 2** - no, that's not doxing at all. nope) on Twitter and Reddit for weeks now.

And we have all of it. Even me being a public figure, all they've done is made proving malicious intent that much easier. Even though cyberbullying and harassment have no such requirements.

By the time I'm done with these clowns, they're all going to be asking RSI/CIG for refunds to fund their legal defense.

* now they actually believe that my wife (who has two locations in FL) and I share offices (I have one in FL, one in AZ and one in UK) because they linked our home (we have three) addresses. No that's not doxing. At all.

** yet another part of their disinformation. This came from Ortwin's bullshit letter to me. And myself and my attorney commented on it in The Long Con blog (search for IRS. It's in the "RIGHT. SO NOW WHAT?" section.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 25, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. And they really do believe that I'm going to waste time sending them a "mean" C&D. Just watch.

It's almost Devil's Night. Pay some kid to leave flaming bags of dog poo poo on their doorsteps.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Imperial News Network is involved now http://imperialnews.network/author/dolvak/

I wonder if we ever get to see the books if CIG is paying them off in some way, probably with free ships for all the positive coverage. They seem to be pretty tight with CIG.

We know Wulf got a scythe or two from CIG and it's easy enough to sell those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot_hIVJXECc

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Skoll posted:

Pay some kid to leave flaming bags of dog poo poo on their doorsteps.
Does anyone know SC backers in their area? Trick or treat them in Derek Smart costume.

Jim Barris
Aug 13, 2009
What sort of threats did he make against you, Derek? I've been following the thread off and on after work but that's never been clear to me. Or is this some kind of slander thing?

EDIT: Disregard this you literally made it clear while I was typing that ha ha

Jim Barris fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 25, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Imperial News Network is involved now http://imperialnews.network/author/dolvak/

I wonder if we ever get to see the books if CIG is paying them off in some way, probably with free ships for all the positive coverage. They seem to be pretty tight with CIG.

We know Wulf got a scythe or two from CIG and it's easy enough to sell those.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot_hIVJXECc

Yes - that's how we're tying them to RSI/CIG actually. Which precisely one of the avenues of obtaining sub-poenas from RSI/CIG to if any such evidence exists.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

Wulf Knight has been posting poo poo like this (1*, 2** - no, that's not doxing at all. nope) on Twitter and Reddit for weeks now.

And we have all of it. Even me being a public figure, all they've done is made proving malicious intent that much easier. Even though cyberbullying and harassment have no such requirements.

By the time I'm done with these clowns, they're all going to be asking RSI/CIG for refunds to fund their legal defense.

* now they actually believe that my wife (who has two locations) and I share offices (I have one) because they linked our home (we have three) addresses. No that's not doxing. At all.

** yet another part of their disinformation. This came from Ortwin's bullshit letter to me. And myself and my attorney commented on it in The Long Con blog (search for IRS. It's in the "RIGHT. SO NOW WHAT?" section.

Correct me if I'm wrong Dr. Smart, but since you're a noted public figure, isn't the burden of proof to substantiate defamation of character on your end pretty high? I'm not an expert in that field of law but since you reside squarely in the public realm won't many courts just be like "Well, you're a public figure, expect some blowback?" or something to that effect?

I don't know your entire legal history but have your suits that lie within this realm met with some success in the past?

(Perhaps your end goal is to make people who conduct this sort of defamation activity be given pause, or to just stop it for fear of legal recourse, I'm not sure).

I suppose a follow up question would be: In a perfect endgame scenario in this suit, what is it you hope to accomplish? And could Croberts really be held responsible as an "accomplice" as it were?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong Dr. Smart, but since you're a noted public figure, isn't the burden of proof to substantiate defamation of character on your end pretty high? I'm not an expert in that field of law but since you reside squarely in the public realm won't many courts just be like "Well, you're a public figure, expect some blowback?" or something to that effect?

I don't know your entire legal history but have your suits that lie within this realm met with some success in the past?

Your question is answered in the post you excerpted :)

Defamation against a public figure has a high standard. When malicious intent is established, that standard gets lowered. There are lots of resources online, but the EFF has a really good one.

Cyberbullying and Cyberharassing are totally different from defamation.

I pay very expensive attorneys to figure this out.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Oct 25, 2015

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

Your question is answered in the post you excerpted :)

Right, I suppose what I'm saying is: Given that it's more difficult to substantiate harassment/defamation of character given your celebrity status, are you concerned in a court siding with you in this matter?

Just your personal opinion, of course.

//edit I see, I didn't know cyberbullying and harassment were treated differently, given the medium. Interesting.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

Right, I suppose what I'm saying is: Given that it's more difficult to substantiate harassment/defamation of character given your celebrity status, are you concerned in a court siding with you in this matter?

Just your personal opinion, of course.

//edit I see, I didn't know cyberbullying and harassment were treated differently, given the medium. Interesting.

They are. I also edited my post to include a link to defamation of a public figure. My original post also included a link to a legal site that explains cyberstalking and cyberbullying. And what Trevor Nobitts, Wulf Knight et al have been doing, all over defamation, Cyberbullying and Cyberharassing. All we're doing is singling out the most prominent rear end-clowns and using them to set an example. Also ties them directly to RSI/CIG.

To be clear. There won't be ANY pointless time-wasting C&D letters to anyone. And I only let Keith Elwood (aka ilovecreamsoda) off the hook because of how he approached me, apologized etc. If I ever catch him doing this poo poo under an alias, we're going to be at it again.

These people simply don't understand just how badly their actions are hurting the very game and community they are a part of.

And in the case of Wulf Knight, we're going to subpoena RSI/CIG for those forum communications of him communicating inappropriately and sending dick pics to a female (we have her already and she and her husband will get justice) RSI/CIG forum member and which was seemingly covered up with no action taken because Wulf Knight happened to be a major backer of the project. And since him and his wife live in a community property State, by default she gets named in the suit as well and then she will become aware of what he's done and doing.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Oct 25, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

How many private limited companies are involved in all this crazy stuff?

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

And in the case of Wulf Knight, we're going to subpoena RSI/CIG for those forum communications of him communicating inappropriately and sending dick pics to a female (we have her already and she and her husband will get justice) RSI/CIG forum member and which was seemingly covered up with no action taken because Wulf Knight happened to be a major backer of the project. And since him and his wife live in a community property State, by default she gets named in the suit as well and then she will become aware of what he's done and doing.

If you don't write a blog keeping us updated, I'm going to be very bummed.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

How many private limited companies are involved in all this crazy stuff?

INN is his private site. It's just a fan site and in no way associated with RSI/CIG other than as a fan site. I'm going to kill it.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
You're a little bit scary Derek, but I like you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

I'm going to kill it.

lol

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

D_Smart posted:

Just FYI, back when I talked with her (and recently too) from what I gather, she and her husband just wanted to forget this whole mess and move the gently caress on from these manchildren. But, if they're both okay with going down this route, then by all means...let the festivities commence and the DickWulves of this world get rekt.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Dante80 posted:

is that a green bowl of vaseline next to the cat?

Also, awesome cat!

Thanks!

And yes, that's vaseline. Good for preventing skin cracking in Winter. Not good at not falling to the ground when a cat pushes it, so the bowl went back to the bathroom a couple days later.

Also that Dolvak-stuff is incredible again. "I'ma director" Heh.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

chaosbreather posted:

250 doesn't even buy an hour's worth of lawyerin' time

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

INN is his private site. It's just a fan site and in no way associated with RSI/CIG other than as a fan site. I'm going to kill it.

:getin:

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

D_Smart posted:

I'm going to kill it.

We all have our hobbies.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
[every popcorn.gif]

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

If you don't write a blog keeping us updated, I'm going to be very bummed.

That should be the least of your worries because I'm going to document all of it. Including all legal filings. Again, this is about Star Citizen White Knights behaving inappropriately. So yeah, it's all getting out there.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Hey reddit, you still archiving?

There is something immensely satisfying seeing internet shitheads scramble and being held accountable for their actions. It is cathartic.

kordansk fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Oct 25, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

kordansk posted:

Hey reddit, you still archiving?

Probably gonna gloss over the previous of mine with a: "Okaaaaay, stupid made up poo poo about Wulf that couldn't possibly be true, even though they sure type like it is,...."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Derek if I call you a bad word can you threaten to sue me so I can post it on reddit to get a bunch of cultists to give me money for lawyers which I then won't need because you'll drop the charges and then I'll be rich and I can buy a nice house and food and maybe other games that actually exist?

Ok, thanks.

• Locked thread