Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
let's start a war
let's start a nuclear war
on the court floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Derek make a PDF you'll impress us all and also open a new market for Star Citizen backers who will be impressed with a new file format and its capabilities

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

Derek if I call you a bad word can you threaten to sue me so I can post it on reddit to get a bunch of cultists to give me money for lawyers which I then won't need because you'll drop the charges and then I'll be rich and I can buy a nice house and food and maybe other games that actually exist?

Ok, thanks.
If you agree then please read the below spoiler, if not please disregard this post.

I hate you and think your games are bad.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
https://twitter.com/TheRoadbeer/status/658299434892070912

quote:

The Grim Roadbeer
‏@TheRoadbeer
I suggest anyone that isn't blocked by Derek Smart, find the tweet and report it to @twitter @Support
@MagellanicCorp @INNdolvak

joats fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Oct 25, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

You're a little bit scary Derek, but I like you.

Listen, you all who have followed me for decades, know that I'm very easy going, can take a joke etc. Yes, I can get crazy at times, but I simply do NOT allow people to defame let alone put me under siege - and think they can get away with it.

Back in the day, I didn't the resources I've had access to in the past decade or so. And that is what changed everything.

And now that I'm semi-retired, these rear end-clowns don't realize that not only do I have sufficient disposal income to get accountability, but also that I have nothing but time on my hands. And I'm notorious for being very patient. As prior legal action has proven, eventually, these people tend to get confident, then screw up.

What's amazing to me is that they really think that I'm going after a $100m company, but they are off-limits. Seriously.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice
For all Dereks bluster, I'm full of :suspense: to see what actually comes out of all this. Wulf Knight needs to get burned for what he did. Dolvak is just a loving idiot that needs to be taught respect and manners. :black101:

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Remember in real life when you'd run into someone you didn't like you think, "what an rear end in a top hat" and maybe it ruins your day? It is much better when a videogame is all that is going on in your life and it shatters your world that someone doesnt like it. This is why D_Smart is what we need right now more than doritos or air.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

CrazyLoon posted:

Just FYI, back when I talked with her (and recently too) from what I gather, she and her husband just wanted to forget this whole mess and move the gently caress on from these manchildren. But, if they're both okay with going down this route, then by all means...let the festivities commence and the DickWulves of this world get rekt.

Yes, that's correct. But the fact is that Wulf's actions are directly related to RSI/CIG since he did them on their systems. So, according to my attorneys, we don't even need them, since they're not the ones filing suit. They just get to give depositions - if we ask them to as part of the action. They can't refuse.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

Yes, that's correct. But the fact is that Wulf's actions are directly related to RSI/CIG since he did them on their systems. So, according to my attorneys, we don't even need them, since they're not the ones filing suit. They just get to give depositions - if we ask them to as part of the action. They can't refuse.

I wonder how many of the shills you're going after are going to dig through your SA post history and go "SEE, SEE, HE IS JUST AS BAD AS WE ARE" or some similar poo poo. You'd be amazed at the number of SA screencaps from this thread I see on websites I would never otherwise guess.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Agrajag posted:

250 doesn't even buy an hour's worth of lawyerin' time

Oh, but they want to put together a meelion bucks as legal defense. Which is great to me because short of them filing bankruptcy (as one person I was involved in legal with, did) by the time the dust settles, the liability money has to come from somewhere, if not from liability insurance (which I'm quite certain none of them have - unless they own a home and which covers some of it).

All I want to do is set an example that this poo poo they're doing is not OK. Aside from that, they get to find out precisely how the law regards and handles doxing, since they want to re-define it on a whim to suit their agenda.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Video games are serious loving business.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

chaosbreather posted:

Derek just posted dolvaks real name on Twitter and is talking some smack. I'm glad he got him.

Who is dolvak

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

neonbregna posted:

Who is dolvak

BettysBigTits

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

neonbregna posted:

Who is dolvak

I dunno some guy

I like your AV

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

Who is dolvak

A reddit mod / literal real life retard. The kind that it was acceptable to pick on in the school yard in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
Just when I thought the drama was petering out for a while Derek delivers the goods.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH-LVScKH98

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

I have no idea what he means that I was pretending to be in the military, but uhhh my brother was in the military and he used to use my account.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Sedisp posted:

I have no idea what he means that I was pretending to be in the military, but uhhh my brother was in the military and he used to use my account.

Who posts on a shared account. The only time I ever let someone use my account for something that was paid access, they just used to read poo poo.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
reddit accounts take less than 10 seconds to make as well.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

kordansk posted:

Who posts on a shared account. The only time I ever let someone use my account for something that was paid access, they just used to read poo poo.

Thirteen year olds pretend to do this when their accounts get banned from hacking.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
What I don't get, is even if I was entirely in the right, I'd shut the gently caress up really quick the second I found out about an impending legal threat over a video game. It wouldn't be worth the time or hassle for me to deal with this kind of thing over a loving videogame.

I have no idea why spaceship fans are willing to risk everything in order to please CR (notacult)

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

thatguy posted:

Derek if I call you a bad word can you threaten to sue me so I can post it on reddit to get a bunch of cultists to give me money for lawyers which I then won't need because you'll drop the charges and then I'll be rich and I can buy a nice house and food and maybe other games that actually exist?

Ok, thanks.

I wanted to do this. But I live in Europe where courts would throw this out and laugh :(

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sedisp posted:

Pretty sure he's this guy IRL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5vvrDAuLpk

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Derek if you ever need someone to search out all the people who think you're bad on the internet and then tell them they're wrong I'm available. As I've said before I can write up a quick résumé for my shitposting career should you require one.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
im still not sure whether this constitutes misuse of the term "dox"

on one hand, looking up a bunch of publicly available info about someone is creepy as poo poo and deserves a shameful term

otoh, "doxxing" implies that someone did illegal poo poo like phish/break into your accounts

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

Derek if you ever need someone to search out all the people who think you're bad on the internet and then tell them they're wrong I'm available. As I've said before I can write up a quick résumé for my shitposting career should you require one.

I will be a reference if you need one buddy

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Jackson.... it's the sergent's name in Call of duty isn't it?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Did you ever see ants attack a black widow spider? They all try to latch on and drag it down. This is exactly what is happening here.

The black widow is a deadly spider and the fact that Derek Smart also just so happens to be black is just a coincidence and goes to show that they can afford computers too and maybe play star citizen.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

I will be a reference if you need one buddy
Thank you peter, I can always count on you.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

Thank you peter, I can always count on you.

We've shitposted with the best

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Wait is the most recent empty threat over a guy calling Derek a piece of human garbage? Or were there some other more nefarious posts I missed. If it goes to court Derek will have to prove he is in fact not a piece of garbage which seems like a large hurdle to convince a jury of peers.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Ragequit posted:

Wait is the most recent empty threat over a guy calling Derek a piece of human garbage? Or were there some other more nefarious posts I missed. If it goes to court Derek will have to prove he is in fact not a piece of garbage which seems like a large hurdle to a jury of peers.

He vowed to destroy Derek's career. I think that counts as a threat.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Oh wow, look how loving wrong I was.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

And I only let Keith Elwood (aka ilovecreamsoda) off the hook because of how he approached me, apologized etc.

DickWulf and Dolvak, pay attention. You still might have a way out of this if you bend over nice and wide.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Ragequit posted:

Wait is the most recent empty threat over a guy calling Derek a piece of human garbage? Or were there some other more nefarious posts I missed. If it goes to court Derek will have to prove he is in fact not a piece of garbage which seems like a large hurdle to convince a jury of peers.

Vowing to destroy his career and reputation in the industry.

Trevor is part of INN- however since this was posted outside INN channels he can't hide behind the LLC blanket.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Sedisp posted:

And Derek is suing for trade mark violation because ruining his career is HIS thing (please don't sue me)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I love icecream soda too.

I bet dschizzle let him off for his username.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

That's a bit more rude I guess. Did he lay out details or a plan? Because absolutely nothing will come of this if someone simply said "I will destroy your career." and nothing else.

• Locked thread