Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
I still have a ton of hacker money, but now that the money train is over, I feel like I need to spend it carefully. Don't want to be broke when the Roosevelt comes back in 5 years.

Kelly posted:

On Reddit, there are people bragging about going on strafing runs outside of Benny's blowing up a dozen cars in a single session.

I prefer to call up merryweather and toss an airstrike flare right outside the garage door. The kills are anonymous, so nobody knows its me to retaliate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Xenaero posted:

Are there back doors on the moonbeam for police rampages or am I keeping my gang van

Back doors no, sliding side doors yes

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Just an FYI Rockstar's giving out new hats for today and the weekend. They're logo branded snapbacks if you want that style.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Side doors are cooler than back doors.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I was very sad to discover that the Wall of Sound in the back of the Moonbeam won't stop bullets.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
The Halloween update is going to feature a game mode where the city goes dark and car headlights go out too. You'll be able to hear breathing from nearby players.

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

circ dick soleil posted:

You'll be able to hear breathing from nearby players.

uhh we have voip now

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

mutata posted:

Side doors are cooler than back doors.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Was in a hacker lobby this evening. The whole planes from the sky bit along with teleporting and trees stuck to our heads. I tried to taunt whoever it was into dropping money, but no dice.

Levarris
Sep 19, 2011

"To win in battle, know your enemy. To win in life, know your weakness."
- Miyamoto Musashi

mutata posted:

Was in a hacker lobby this evening. The whole planes from the sky bit along with teleporting and trees stuck to our heads. I tried to taunt whoever it was into dropping money, but no dice.

I was in that same lobby.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Killed a dude, then my character mysteriously killed herself. I wasn't hit by a car or anything, and it specifically said I committed suicide. A few seconds later, the person I had killed left the game.

I think modders may have figured out a way to remote-suicide people (maybe explosion spam has been fixed by Rockstar)... but then their mods get them kicked and banned anyway so it's not really a big deal.

UserErr0r fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Oct 24, 2015

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i came out of a mission earlier and the pattern for one of the horror movie shirts was on my tanktop. weird

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I am getting crazy lag and having everyone in a mission or heist apparently all leave simultaneously before being dropped into my own session, constantly, way more than before. Is anyone else finding an uptick in this, or are there any settings I should check?

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
My game has been a stuttering, unplayable mess since the lowrider update. Ran fine before, but now even single player mode is unplayable. Any tips would be appreciated.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

GOD IS BED posted:

My game has been a stuttering, unplayable mess since the lowrider update. Ran fine before, but now even single player mode is unplayable. Any tips would be appreciated.

xbone/ps4/pc?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

It sounds like one of those crackpot theories about performance from launch, but seriously, turn the v sync off and then back on. I don't know why this fixes it but i went from sub-60fps on 1920x1080 with 2xMSAA, to a flat 60 at 2713x"whatever", also pushing the advanced distance settings and particle and post effects up and getting better performance. The downside is you gotta do it every time you start the game but it only takes like 20 seconds.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I have a solution: click the Uninstall button and go play a better game, but I'm being a jaded rear end in a top hat who wants to move on to another game so take my advice with a grain of salt. It's gonna take a major game-changer that's not something stupidly expensive that's something dumb and cosmetic as lowriders or yet another two million dollar super car. I think I'm done with GTA: Skinner Box. Probably jump back online to buy the dumb Halloween cars and be done with it.

EDIT: Sorry if I sounded mean and came off as trollish. I'm burnt out on this dumb game. Grinding for cash sucks when you've been so used to getting money showers from friendly hackers.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Oct 25, 2015

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Starhawk64 posted:

I have a solution: click the Uninstall button and go play a better game, but I'm being a jaded rear end in a top hat who wants to move on to another game so take my advice with a grain of salt. It's gonna take a major game-changer that's not something stupidly expensive that's something dumb and cosmetic as lowriders or yet another two million dollar super car. I think I'm done with GTA: Skinner Box. Probably jump back online to buy the dumb Halloween cars and be done with it.

EDIT: Sorry if I sounded mean and came off as trollish. I'm burnt out on this dumb game. Grinding for cash sucks when you've been so used to getting money showers from friendly hackers.

If you're gonna quit anyway, you should get some hacks set up and then make it rain on us so we can carry on.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
It costs about 1.2 million per fully-modded low rider, right? How convenient, there's a 1.25 million shark card... for $20. Just a coincidence, right?

I don't like this DLC model, Rockstar :( I'd rather pay $5-10 for optional content updates, like in Saints Row 3 and 4, and have 100% access to the vehicles+mods.

edit: all permanent quitters are required to make it rain on us survivors.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

UserErr0r posted:

It costs about 1.2 million per fully-modded low rider, right?

Something like that. I have all 6 cars. I didn't buy upgraded hydraulics or cosmetic engine mods which saved me about $300k / car. I spent about $5.5 million.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What other lowrider should I get other than the van? I wanna get two and the van is def one of them

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Xenaero posted:

What other lowrider should I get other than the van? I wanna get two and the van is def one of them

Depends. What do you care more about, performance or appearance?

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Xenaero posted:

Two vans.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Xenaero posted:

The Faction. It's the fastest out of the lowriders, plus it's a returning car from GTAIV, and one of my personal favorite cars from that game.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Sadly the faction gets caught on every curb (while the bumpers on every other car clip through curbs).

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My Moonbeam curb stomps as well.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
fun fact: "curbs" is an anagram of "scrub" (what you are if you cant figure out how to sail over them in a lowrider)

Eyud
Aug 5, 2006

Just got in a session with like three hackers dropping money on everyone, I'm rich again!

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

UserErr0r posted:

I don't like this DLC model, Rockstar :( I'd rather pay $5-10 for optional content updates, like in Saints Row 3 and 4, and have 100% access to the vehicles+mods.

The Halloween stuff is probably going to be added to SP to gently caress around with. Also the blackout mode is what I'm most excited for, and that's going to be free.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Xenaero posted:

The buccaneer because it's the only one you can remove the roof and put a flame job on.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch
For those of you looking to make some GTA BUX there is a new money glitch afoot on Reddit:

Get a modded Primo, Buccaneer , or Voodoo (without the lowrider upgrade)upgrade it with all the performance mods, chrome wheels, bullet proof tire, horn loop-
- Join the Greenwich Meantime Race (bookmark it if you want)
- Change the class of vehicle to sedan for Primo or muscle for Buccaneer and voodoo.
- Start the race>Pull out your phone>press X to go into the Job List
- Drive into benny's garage (take all the time in the world, the garage should be glitched)
- Click X (or A) to exit the race
- It should spawn you in Benny's garage
- Drive the dupe into your garage to save it
- Repeat

Pretty sure after you save the car and sell, you can't bypass the 45 minute wait. And you probably want to start off in a closed session when you launch the race initially, since you will want to be sure to spawn into one when you quit the race.

A video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PgpUIY7MY

- Primo sells for 148k.
- Buccaneer sells for 149k.
- Voodoo sells for 142k.

Agent Burt Macklin fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 25, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Heh, always enjoyable to see the peasants scrounging for pennies and dimes. Come now, little ones! Take this little morsel and scurry home to your hovels!

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
John Wayne Tasty, thank you for joining me last night on Cargobob Adventures (TM). I really wanted to pick up that goddamn dirtbike.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Heh, always enjoyable to see the peasants scrounging for pennies and dimes. Come now, little ones! Take this little morsel and scurry home to your hovels!

:jerkbag:

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I don't take "this game sucks" rants seriously from people who have played a game for hundreds of hours and obviously enjoyed themselves. The main reason I quit is because literally every single person I met in the game was driving a stupid Armored Kuruma, and I loving haaaaate those stupid cars... does everyone still drive them? Would anyone like to be friends with me and play this game with the pledge of never using an Armored Kuruma unless forced to?

SolidSnakesBandana fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 25, 2015

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I don't take "this game sucks" rants seriously from people who have played a game for hundreds of hours and obviously enjoyed themselves.

It's the sunk cost fallacy.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I don't take "this game sucks" rants seriously from people who have played a game for hundreds of hours and obviously enjoyed themselves. The main reason I quit is because literally every single person I met in the game was driving a stupid Armored Kuruma, and I loving haaaaate those stupid cars... does everyone still drive them? Would anyone like to be friends with me and play this game with the pledge of never using an Armored Kuruma unless forced to?

People still drive Kurumas because Freemode is still a warzone and during missions NPCs are still cheating aimbots. I actually try not to drive mine if I'm dicking around in freemode however.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Oct 25, 2015

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Kelly posted:

For those of you looking to make some GTA BUX there is a new money glitch afoot on Reddit:

Get a modded Primo, Buccaneer , or Voodoo (without the lowrider upgrade)upgrade it with all the performance mods, chrome wheels, bullet proof tire, horn loop-
- Join the Greenwich Meantime Race (bookmark it if you want)
- Change the class of vehicle to sedan for Primo or muscle for Buccaneer and voodoo.
- Start the race>Pull out your phone>press X to go into the Job List
- Drive into benny's garage (take all the time in the world, the garage should be glitched)
- Click X (or A) to exit the race
- It should spawn you in Benny's garage
- Drive the dupe into your garage to save it
- Repeat

Pretty sure after you save the car and sell, you can't bypass the 45 minute wait. And you probably want to start off in a closed session when you launch the race initially, since you will want to be sure to spawn into one when you quit the race.

A video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_PgpUIY7MY

The race:

- Xbox 1: http://rsg.ms/8d2cd1e
- PS4: http://rsg.ms/e4808a5
- PC: http://rsg.ms/1002abf

- Primo sells for 148k.
- Buccaneer sells for 149k.
- Voodoo sells for 142k.

I been trying to do this for the past half hour on the PS4, it does not work.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

It's the sunk cost fallacy.

Look who's talking.

edit: Just tried the duplication glitch on PC, totally worked.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Oct 25, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

I never drive mine, and I only drive my Insurgent if I'm trying to ram peoples cars into weird shapes... If that helps.

Much more fun to drive some random 10k shitheap from a website, that is modded with 400k of mods or something.

• Locked thread