Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

Double posted, but to make this actually useful, RuPaul production vets the audition tapes now for good Snatch Game, right? So why do people still suck? For that matter, why do they let them stuff trunks with poo poo they won't be able to wear? Like Sharon Needles' Confederate Flag dress or Trixie's Anne Frank Snatch Game outfit.

Pan Dulce fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Pan Dulce posted:

He was on DragU because someone's contract couldn't go through completely. He wouldn't say whose, but I'm thinking Phi Phi after the whole "sunglasses in Texas stolen and given a warrant" was still up in the air. So it could happen again; we can all hope. But I have no clue. I didn't watch DragU. Is it any good?
I tried to watch it and it didn't do it for me, even though the queens themselves are funny. I dunno. Not my cup of tea but I can see why others would like it. I just kind of figured that after his exit from season 4 they'd be kind of like "Yeah we're not gonna deal with that again."

I hope I'm wrong. If we got a season that was Willam, Katya and Alaska I would just die of happiness.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Pan Dulce posted:

He was on DragU because someone's contract couldn't go through completely. He wouldn't say whose, but I'm thinking Phi Phi after the whole "sunglasses in Texas stolen and given a warrant" was still up in the air. So it could happen again; we can all hope. But I have no clue. I didn't watch DragU. Is it any good?

Yeah it was Phi Phi. You will not be seeing Willam in any WoW productions in the near future, I'm afraid. He has a beef with (at least) one of the producers and now that his non-disclosure contract expired he is writing a book full of tea (coming out Oct 2016). If it's any comfort they started shooting season 3 of the Beatdown last week.

Pan Dulce posted:

Double posted, but to make this actually useful, RuPaul production vets the audition tapes now for good Snatch Game, right? So why do people still suck? For that matter, why do they let them stuff trunks with poo poo they won't be able to wear? Like Sharon Needles' Confederate Flag dress or Trixie's Anne Frank Snatch Game outfit.

This is actually an issue of copyright more often than not, like a queen will have a character ready but they can't get the rights for it so the production vetos it and they have to pull something else out of their rear end. This is one of the reasons BenDela was Maggie Smith instead of the specific character she portrayed.

Supposedly Max makes one hell of a Miranda Sings impression but I don't know who that is so I can't judge :P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhRzTWSPyNo

ETA: Drag U was camp to the max. The show itself was ok at best but there were some great moments between the queens.

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Oct 11, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I love those two :allears: I'd watch some weird Raven/Jujubee living-together-as-roommates sitcom

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I booked Alyssa Edwards for a charity bingo gig tonight. She was wonderful. Tons of energy and warmth, handled the crowd well, told a lot of jokes and did a meet and greet afterwards. She even donated all her tips to the charity.

Can't say enough good things about her.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Trixie's American Horror story aftershow review thing is giving me so much life, I might watch the whole season even if it goes bad just for this poo poo :swoon:
#TeamDonovan

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Stifled a giggle during Crimson Peak tonight when a character uttered the phrase "London, Paris... Milan."

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Just an FYI, apparently all the info from All Stars 2 leaked tonight, including the top 3 and a chronological timeline of 'big moments'. I don't know how accurate it might be since I'm avoiding it like the plague, but it apparently seems legit. That said, if you tend to peruse the RPDR subreddit or other associated media, you may want to take a big ol' break for a while to dodge potential spoilers.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

When is All-Stars? I just want a cast leak :(

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

Cocks Cable posted:

When is All-Stars? I just want a cast leak :(

IMO you better search for that tonight, 'cause that's been more or less nailed down for a month or so and if you try searching for it tomorrow it'll probably be buried under fresh spoiler snow. It's a good cast for many reasons; a bad cast for one big reason. Godspeed, goon.

edit: again, I've been deliberately avoiding spoilers but if I remember correctly they wrapped up filming in late August (rumors were that some of the goils dancing for Miley Cyrus at the MTV music awards had to have special exemption to leave the set or something) and it was projected to come out in January...ish. My info is likely poo poo because I FUCKIN HATE SPOILERS drat IT and you can't read word one about this without having the cast lists crammed up your nose.

Carlton Banks Teller fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Oct 25, 2015

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
If anyone DOES look up the cast list, would they be so kind as to put it in a pastebin link or something so I can avoid any other spoilers about the thing? I looked on Reddit but there's no official list, just guessing.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

curiousTerminal posted:

If anyone DOES look up the cast list, would they be so kind as to put it in a pastebin link or something so I can avoid any other spoilers about the thing? I looked on Reddit but there's no official list, just guessing.

:siren: SPOILERS IN THIS LINK! :siren: here you go -- I doubt it in some areas due to over-representation from some seasons but this is the most likely list, apparently, based on social media absences, etc. Seems reasonable but I hope there are still surprises.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Go go Katyalaska

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

curiousTerminal posted:

The thing is apparently Alaska's boyfriend got mad at him for drinking again, and had a big blow up on instagram, trying to get Alaska in trouble for violating the NDA.

It all sort of jives with what Reddit had calculated including the rumor that someone walks off.

Spoilers, including ?top 3: http://imgur.com/a/GM0N3

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

angerbeet posted:

The thing is apparently Alaska's boyfriend got mad at him for drinking again, and had a big blow up on instagram, trying to get Alaska in trouble for violating the NDA.

It all sort of jives with what Reddit had calculated including the rumor that someone walks off.

Spoilers, including ?top 3: http://imgur.com/a/GM0N3

Spoilers, yes, but not really a surprise.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Well, gently caress. Not that I'm going to look for Spoilers but I hate that it's out there this far in advance.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

Well, gently caress. Not that I'm going to look for Spoilers but I hate that it's out there this far in advance.

Me too. :( Apparently all the queens are on social media lockdown over this?

Can't believe how unbelievably lovely it is to do this to someone (obviously), wouldn't wish this kind of vindictive behavior on anyone let alone someone whose livelihood depends on their reputation and connections.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Well, Willam is definitely not in it so who cares? :j:
I just hope no one gets in trouble for this leak. From what I gathered the contract requires that a ridiculous amount of money will be paid by whoever breaks the NDA clause.

finally a chance to use this gif!

I did notice that some of the girls on the list have been appearing a lot on wow presents shows lately...

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Can someone link the reddit thread, it post a link with all of the spoiler stuff. I can't seem to find it.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Watrick posted:

Can someone link the reddit thread, it post a link with all of the spoiler stuff. I can't seem to find it.

Things apparently went south in that thread fast and it got deleted.

This link goes to the AS2 thread and sorts comments by "new", which is where you can find the T.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This is the deleted thread which has some screenshots although the OP is gone

https://www.reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace/comments/3q3arz/drama_in_the_fandom/

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Thanks y'all.

I finished season 7. It was...underwhelming. It felt in many regards that it had to reference and live in every other season. It was like chicken noodle soup without any sort of seasoning - it was serviceable, but had no flavor. I dug Kayta and Ginger was cool until I saw the untucked episodes. Hopefully they make season 8 better.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

CHiRAL posted:

finally a chance to use this gif!

I'm so using that in next year's OP.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

I've not checked the spoiler-spoilers but I already feel bad for poor Kelly Mantle and her infamous bacon meat ruffle. She's in there alone against a cast of only 100% fierce killers. Hopefully she'll win a mini-challenge or something.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

We're getting a Holiday album!

http://www.people.com/article/rupauls-drag-race-holiday-album-christmas-queens

I can't wait for Katya's 12 Days of Xmas and Willam's Cosby song...

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Pinwiz11 posted:

We're getting a Holiday album!

http://www.people.com/article/rupauls-drag-race-holiday-album-christmas-queens

I can't wait for Katya's 12 Days of Xmas and Willam's Cosby song...

Oooh, a soundcloud sample!

Willam opens the song by burping

Yayyyyyy :toot:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Oooh, a soundcloud sample!

Willam opens the song by burping

Yayyyyyy :toot:

Christmas just got a little more magical :allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Capitol Hill is back with a vengeance! also Jinkx

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
Christmas season has officially started! Katya has released her 12 Days of Christmas.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I love you, Mom... :allears:

(stop everything you are doing and WATCH IT NOW)

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

And now, Alaska's song from Christmas Queens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny4wnDN4K1U

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
It's baaaack~

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I love you, Willam!

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

"...did I just somehow attempt to justify a rape joke? I think I did. BEATDOWN'S BACK!"

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I love beatdown but that entire episode was :gonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Mama Ru has a new Xmas album ("Slay Belles") and a special on Logo on the 13th:

http://worldofwonder.net/get-ready-to-gag-rupaul-is-about-to-slay-your-holiday-with-rupauls-drag-race-a-green-screen-christmas/

(Yay more Big Freedia!)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
:neckbeard:

I saw that this was up, promptly forgot about it, and then was reminded tonight when I read this and finally watched it.

I love Willam.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Maybe its just because I grew up in a time when all singers had hotpants and bobs, but I liked Kiely's music video and and would not have beat it down. I wouldn't even wheat it down.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Bianca paints Willam, creating what might possibly be the most natural, beautiful look yet. A strong start to PMB season 2! :golfclap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

CHiRAL posted:

Bianca paints Willam, creating what might possibly be the most natural, beautiful look yet. A strong start to PMB season 2! :golfclap:

loving proclick right here

• Locked thread