Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

kikkelivelho posted:

Finnish "nature"

Autumn's got me down, but this stuff really cheered me up. Our country is beautiful :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

etalian posted:

Jealous of getting benefits for no work?

jealous of the sweet release of death

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Baracula posted:

id let a million more russians die to never hear another word about how grim it is in Finland

nothing makes me happier than a swede making GBS threads his pants in anger

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Finnish weightlifter Anni Vuohijoki.

Must be the strong Mongolian genes.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Hogge Wild posted:

nothing makes me happier than a swede making GBS threads his pants in anger

I thought scat fetish was a german thing

oh well, the more you know

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If Finns really are stealth Mongolians then why did they never have a empire in the past?

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

etalian posted:

If Finns really are stealth Mongolians then why did they never have a empire in the past?

too drunk

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

etalian posted:

Too busy posting about how awesome Finland is under the guise of self-flagellation

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

hard counter posted:

you would think finns would be loling at sweden for recent events but whenever finland hears that a racially-motivated blade crime was commited finns collectively do this

Where's that gif from anyway?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

etalian posted:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Say Nothing posted:

Finnish weightlifter Anni Vuohijoki.

Must be the strong Mongolian genes.

thighs tailor made for holding tight to horseback while practicing archery.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Finns are retarded Mongolians with an English sense of self loathing and Scandinavian suicide rates

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Baracula posted:

Finns are retarded Mongolians with an English sense of self loathing and Scandinavian suicide rates

+ at least half neanderthals

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/modern-humans-more-neanderthal-than-once-thought-studies-suggest/

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Zzulu posted:

this kind of goes for all of scandinavia:

It doesn't snow that much in Denmark.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Someone should let white supremacists know that blacks are actually the purer stock

Lower skin cancer rates, too.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

We really need some new Finno Ugric memes so we don't have to constantly repeat the same ones.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

kikkelivelho posted:

We really need some new Finno Ugric memes so we don't have to constantly repeat the same ones.

:agreed:

Also swedish ones

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

denmark is the most boring country in the world

not about finland but I had to say it somewhere

ehhhhhhnnnnnn
Jun 3, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Son of Rodney posted:

denmark is the most boring country in the world

not about finland but I had to say it somewhere

ive seen pictures of the danish countryside and it's like england in that if you find a sunny day it's actually kinda pretty out. finland is finland even on a good day

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Frostwerks posted:

ive seen pictures of the danish countryside and it's like england in that if you find a sunny day it's actually kinda pretty out. finland is finland even on a good day

its a very pretty country and the people are very nice if youre not a foreigner (they're pretty racists in general) but it all looks the same and like I said is so completely boring. The only cool thing in denmark was hippy city christiania and that's gone now.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Danes used to be cool back when they were fighting wars with Sweden. Since then, they've lost a lot of their luster

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Why do we still cling on to daylight savings time, the cold and damp darkness now falls at 4 PM and all I have to pass the time is dreaming about the sweet release of death, it keeps me going through the five months of the worst weather, experienced in the rear end-end of the world

gonna go sit in a bog or something and get drunk

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Naxuz posted:

gonna go sit in a bog or something and get drunk

so jealous

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Timo Soini is the leader of second largest party, True Finns, who recently rose to power riding the hatred of all other old parties, xenophobia and apparently as workers' party after the left abandoned them in favour of identity politics.
Let's hear what he has to say to us today

Oldsmobile posted:

Timo Soini updated his blog today: http://timosoini.fi/2015/10/anarkorasismia-ja-murajan-mambojumbo/

I took the liberty of translating it in English:

Might have made a few minor mistakes but this is essentially what he wrote.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DST is great, now I barely have to endure any daylight at all. It's like being inside a bog, fantastic

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Submerge into the bog

Let the bog sink into you

become one with the bog

- old finnish proverb

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dammit, they got all the genes for freaky strength!

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Zzulu posted:

Danes used to be cool back when they were fighting wars with Sweden. Since then, they've lost a lot of their luster

so basically youre saying this show is accurate?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2M3ykUPbjc

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Free Market Mambo
Jul 26, 2010

by Lowtax
In the beginning, there was the swamp, the hoe – and Jussi. Lucky SOB.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

DeepQantas posted:

Where's that gif from anyway?

jeremiah johnson, good movie

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Puistokemisti posted:

Timo Soini is the leader of second largest party, True Finns, who recently rose to power riding the hatred of all other old parties, xenophobia and apparently as workers' party after the left abandoned them in favour of identity politics.
Let's hear what he has to say to us today

So, uh... he saying that the KKK is bad and that the KKK would not like him and that people trying to associate them to the KKK are interested only in disrupting the democratic process through defamation?

loving race traitor.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Son of Rodney posted:

its a very pretty country and the people are very nice if youre not a foreigner (they're pretty racists in general) but it all looks the same and like I said is so completely boring. The only cool thing in denmark was hippy city christiania and that's gone now.

Ha ha, Christiania's not going anywhere. It's a huge tourist attraction.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

kikkelivelho posted:

Finnish "nature"

whats wrong with this it looks neat!

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Uncle Wemus posted:

whats wrong with this it looks neat!

That is 'good' shots of Finnish nature, so I suppose the joke is what the 'bad' would look like.

Finnish nature isn't actually bad though, it's just really dull most of the time.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

bogs are p. neat and i recommend checking them out in other, civilized, countries.

ideally ones that also have non-bog nature for variety.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

That is 'good' shots of Finnish nature, so I suppose the joke is what the 'bad' would look like.

Finnish nature isn't actually bad though, it's just really dull most of the time.

have you like, actually been to a forest?

i like the nature here a lot. those boring bogs are like, picked out for their boringness and they're not a good representation of the nature here.

Dyna Soar fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Oct 26, 2015

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Dyna Soar posted:

have you like, actually been to a forest

I am surrounded by it. It's pretty dull.

When I say that it's dull most of the time, I mean that you have to work to appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I am surrounded by it. It's pretty dull.

When I say that it's dull most of the time, I mean that you have to work to appreciate it.

you must be the type who thinks nature is dull wherever you are

if there's one thing finland beats most places it's nature.

• Locked thread