Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Mercury_Storm posted:

:lol::lol::lol:

loving unbelievable. If they wanted to be "left alone" maybe they should consider deleting their stupid sub forum explicitly dedicated to their target by name.

So he's already backpedaling ? "Durrrh, DS is a bad person", *catches attention*, "Leave me alone, leave me alone".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
It's really lovely how the people who post regularly in that subreddit will gladly walk this guy right off the cliff. "don't worry about it!" "Derek's all hot air!" "Just ignore him!". They have no stakes in what happens to this guy and can only see things in terms of the game they've invested in. Meanwhile, he is right to find this disconcerting, and if he has any sense at all he will quickly sacrifice his internet cool points to avoid having his whole life destabilized.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

I think that phone text is either someone other than my friend or someone is duping you Derek.

edit: I would not be shocked that Wulf has sent his pictures to other people. Heck, I talked to a high profile person who asked Dickwulf for pics and was provided one. What was going through their head I am not sure, but I can say unwanted or wanted, more people have received "the Wulfpackage" in their inbox.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 25, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Skoll posted:

What is reddit gold?

https://www.reddit.com/gold/about

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Oh, it's basically Microsoft points for reddit.

Dumb.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I want a system on SA where we can earn Smarty points.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hammerstein posted:

i want to be able to buy a gif of dancing pants for my account that are called smarty pants

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Hammerstein posted:

Can they please be like arcade tickets that I can turn in for actual candy? 1000SP for one pack of Smarties or three Frooties?

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
Stay with me guys. I'm not a knee-jerk kinda guy and I generally have faith that we'll get what was proposed, however a nasty thought just popped into my head.

We've been hearing about Planetside and have had a sneak look at one location which is (in their words) just about functional, with ONE shop that is just about functional. I believe there was also mention of a second location starting off.
Well, when we consider the level of graphical fidelity, the uniqueness of each landing location, all the interactive things that will need to be in a FINISHED landing location, you have to ask yourself how long this will take for just one location.
Even when they have their pipeline sorted out, it's going to take a while.
Now I would suggest that even when they are practised at building locations, it would be a phenomenal achievement to produce even a single landing location in a single week.
Now I know they won't work on one at a time until they are finished, but still let's consider that they are super-men and each landing location takes one week of development from start to finish.
There are slated to be 100 star systems at kick off, with probably an average of 3 landing locations in each system. The math on that isn't difficult and it says that it will take the best part of a year to make even 1 location.

I hate that I've had this thought, but seeing as how bespoke these places are slated to be, and seeing as how long a ship takes to produce, I just can't see how this is going to be anywhere near launch in 2 years, even 4 years.

Please talk me down. Tell me how I'm wrong. Please!

(11/2014)

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

I think that phone text is either someone other than my friend or someone is duping you Derek.

edit: I would not be shocked that Wulf has sent his pictures to other people. Heck, I talked to a high profile person who asked Dickwulf for pics and was provided one. What was going through their head I am not sure, but I can say unwanted or wanted, more people have received "the Wulfpackage" in their inbox.

Its pretty evident that the text comes from a CIG former/current employee that talks to DS.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

DOMDOM posted:

i think the single best thing this thread has delivered are the photoshops back on p. 714

if you missed them, please go look

Solomonic posted:

If you told me one of those was a photoshop made by the thread to mock these people I would have no clue as to which one it was because they're all equally likely candidates

This whole time I thought those pics yall were quoting were intentionally lovely shops by a goon to gently caress with SC.

Wow....

Those are real....

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Eonwe posted:

remember when the goldmine SA thread got linked here where the permabanned goon scraped all the gunk off his disgusting keyboard, showed off his dick, then mixed the gunk with his cum and ate it?

yea

Oh god, the cumbox was bad enough.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Skoll posted:

What is reddit gold?

Circlejerking with money

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Dante80 posted:

Its pretty evident that the text comes from a CIG former/current employee that talks to DS.

If that person is referring to my friend then we have a pretty severe game of internet-telephone going on.

If it is someone else then it wouldn't surprise me at all and hahaha what a sack of poo poo.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

So he's already backpedaling ? "Durrrh, DS is a bad person", *catches attention*, "Leave me alone, leave me alone".

At leads he knows he should be mad about star citizen. He just is not directing it at the people responsible for being in the state it is in

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Raskolnikov posted:

If that person is referring to my friend then we have a pretty severe game of internet-telephone going on.

If it is someone else then it wouldn't surprise me at all and hahaha what a sack of poo poo.

Imma doxx the fukkkkk outta Dick Wulf. This is his dumb face:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Lu Yan posted:

Imma doxx the fukkkkk outta Dick Wulf. This is his dumb face:

too skinny tbh

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lu Yan posted:

Stay with me guys. I'm not a knee-jerk kinda guy and I generally have faith that we'll get what was proposed, however a nasty thought just popped into my head.

We've been hearing about Planetside and have had a sneak look at one location which is (in their words) just about functional, with ONE shop that is just about functional. I believe there was also mention of a second location starting off.
Well, when we consider the level of graphical fidelity, the uniqueness of each landing location, all the interactive things that will need to be in a FINISHED landing location, you have to ask yourself how long this will take for just one location.
Even when they have their pipeline sorted out, it's going to take a while.
Now I would suggest that even when they are practised at building locations, it would be a phenomenal achievement to produce even a single landing location in a single week.
Now I know they won't work on one at a time until they are finished, but still let's consider that they are super-men and each landing location takes one week of development from start to finish.
There are slated to be 100 star systems at kick off, with probably an average of 3 landing locations in each system. The math on that isn't difficult and it says that it will take the best part of a year to make even 1 location.

I hate that I've had this thought, but seeing as how bespoke these places are slated to be, and seeing as how long a ship takes to produce, I just can't see how this is going to be anywhere near launch in 2 years, even 4 years.

Please talk me down. Tell me how I'm wrong. Please!

(11/2014)

It is as if an enchanter casted clarity on him.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
posting for posterity

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

A Neurotic Jew posted:

posting for posterity

How's Derek Smart's imminent ban from Twitter going, DickWulf?

Didn't we pass the 24-to-48-hour mark 72 hours ago?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D85duFrcw7o

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

posting for posterity

Is the help desk jockey going to pretend he is a legal expert too?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Young Freud posted:

It's coming soon.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

skaboomizzy posted:

It's coming soon.

(watch this space)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Young Freud posted:

Two weeks.

Koil
Jun 24, 2005

two weeks

Eonwe posted:

do we want to google doc crowd source an OP?

lol

I have a dream of the "flight of the burkey" fanfic as op. With Ben as remedial.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sedisp posted:

Is the help desk jockey going to pretend he is a legal expert too?

You see, he is an expert on everything because he went into debt $20,000+ dollars for Scam Citizen.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

You gotta know that people like DickWulf, you know- those guys who are ranked top in the world in games like CS:GO and LoL, or in SC's case, the Top Spender- see themselves as big time internet celebrities. They think that they have a legion of superfans (DickWulf even admitted to this during a livestream as to why he wears that stupid fedora) that are just aping to get on his dick. I would not be surprised if he sexually harassed others on the forum under this delusion.

It's like being a star quarterback on a college football team, except instead of stuff like athletic ability and being a total hunk, for some reason he thinks simply spending enough money makes him cool enough to be a superstar worthy of groupies.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Koil posted:

I have a dream of the "flight of the burkey" fanfic as op. With Ben as remedial.

Koil posted:

Koil posted:

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006
Did you guys hear? Al Capone is calling Ponzi's investment strategy a scam! Can you believe it? That guy is a crook! Guess we know Ponzi is for real now~~! Brb mortgaging my house and selling my organs

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Elwood's photo has been taken down.

http://techraptor.net/content/author/kelwood

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

look, that man threatened my dream. a dream i have invested over 12,000 USD into. he's questioning the credibility of people I look up to as visionaries.

where is the sub-reddit for best ways to commit suicide

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Wulf

"I just want my friends to be able to finish their journey to do nothing more than entertain people with a video game.
I couldn't care less about Smart as a person, or what happens to him. I just want him to go away, or even stay if he decides to rejoin the human race.
You know his biggest claim against CIG? The whole crux of his attack? The "accountability" thing? It stems from his utter and complete lack of business knowledge/sense.
Business 101:
You don't publically disclose your reserves. Ever.
It completely kneecaps you in any negotiation on salary, raises, supplier costs, etc...
It is the single most important component of conserving the largest amount of funds."
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3p5lhl/the_smell_of_desperation/cw3gvys
https://archive.is/HyyMt
--------------------------
"Soo... Derek's Flat Broke…"
https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3i93i9/soo_dereks_flat_broke/
https://archive.is/BbwPV

"It's all a moot point. The dude is flat broke. It's a matter of public record.
Anyone can call the Broward County Florida court clerk's office at +1 (954) 831-4000 and find out that DeREKT has tens of thousands of dollars in Federal tax liens against him.
He can't fund jack.
He should be thanking CIG for the refund so he can upgrade from McDonald's for a week.
As has always been the case, he's full of poo poo and not much else."
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3i7a70/lawyers_everyone_get_in_here/cueas95
https://archive.is/HruT5

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

It's not really that hard to say I'm sorry and just stop posting, you know?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

no matter what those people say all you gotta say in response is $xx,000

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Jon Do posted:

look, that man threatened my dream. a dream i have invested over 12,000 USD into. he's questioning the credibility of people I look up to as visionaries.

where is the sub-reddit for best ways to commit suicide

Ya know Dolvak outright threatened Derek Smart right?

"I agree. I used to be in the mind that he should be ignored. Now I want to band together and destroy him. I want everyone to know about the poo poo he has pulled. I want him to never be able to work in the industry again."
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3lnpti/this_community_is_amazing/cv821lf
https://archive.is/grhgY

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Amazing how all DickWulf can do is parrot Lesnick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Google Butt posted:

It's not really that hard to say I'm sorry and just stop posting, you know?

They have to save face in their defamation subreddit.

• Locked thread