Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Dapper Dan posted:

It really is. Also, make sure you use different forum names if you are a Star Citizen backer (lol, loving why) and post dissent otherwise they will ban you for a billion million years like Scientology contracts.

This thread is full of suppressive people imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

pftc posted:

I've been talking with BoredDellTechnician.

He's another whale/trader presumably on real friendly terms with CIG.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

local physhits grid

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Can someone else contact the moderators of r/StarCitizen, and show them this?

They'd be more likely to listen to someone like Beer or something.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

TubeStank posted:

guys i thought up a funny pun on the name "star citizen"

are you ready for this?

star shitizen

lol

lol derek shart

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Star Citizen is the best game never made :allears:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Dapper Dan posted:

It really is. Also, make sure you use different forum names if you are a Star Citizen backer (lol, loving why) and post dissent otherwise they will ban you for a billion million years like Scientology contracts.

So you're saying, hypothetically, one could just register forum accounts with the names of Star Citizen backers, post post post and the backers would get banned?

Fascinating.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Eonwe posted:

oh boy are you going down a rabbit hole and are you going to regret it

I regret noth

EVERYBODY ELSE posted:

:suicide:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

pftc posted:

Dolvak is no longer a moderator at r/DerekSmart.

I assume he wanted me to pass the message along.

lol and there's still a stickied thread about welcoming dolvak, their new mod

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

Star Citizen is a cornucopia of poo poo and it's harvest time baby

I never thought this non-game would be as good as any game

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This thread is full of suppressive people imo.

I know. I myself have gotten two people (one indirectly) to remove their money from this poo poo.

chaosbreather posted:

So you're saying, hypothetically, one could just register forum accounts with the names of Star Citizen backers, post post post and the backers would get banned?

Fascinating.

It is quite the possibility, yes. They are actively reading and archiving these threads.

Lokee
Oct 2, 2013

The brown sea is dark and full of terrors, but the paywall burns them all away.

IT STARES INTO YOUR VERY SOUL.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
we need all star citizen threads

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Eonwe posted:

how did gary oldman, other terrible face guy, or pubes not get mentioned at all in page 1 what the gently caress

Uh, excuse me? I posted an Oldman Face in my post with the recipes :colbert:

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
I'm not sure this thread can top the pure insanity of the old one.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Lokee posted:

IT STARES INTO YOUR VERY SOUL.

if there was only a way to combine this with gotse....

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Derek Smart

Derek Smart

DEREK SMART

What happened that gave Derek Smart the keys to the kingdom?

Wulf Knight
Oct 26, 2015
Dr Derek Smart, you are in so much trouble, you just don't know it. Sending your goons to stalk and harass me was your final mistake!

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Wulf Knight posted:

Dr Derek Smart, you are in so much trouble, you just don't know it. Sending your goons to stalk and harass me was your final mistake!

uh ohhhh

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015
I was watching Fart Shitizen off and on from 2012 to 2014, holding off on building a gaming rig for it and never bought any ships. I got married and bought a couple watches to go with my $20 wedding ring with the money I would have spent on a decent gaming pc. My interest was reignited by all the drama that was bubbling up since the summer. I've been lurking for a while on the old thread, after seeing an @dsmart tweet with a link to it, and today's drama finally pushed me over the edge. The old thread and its baby are the most entertaining threads I've ever read on a forum. Here is my goddamn :10bux:

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
star citizen is just an elaborate troll to crowdfund SA back into relevance

croberts and DS are hired crisis actors

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Wulf Knight posted:

Ooooh. Scary.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Wulf Knight posted:

hi

just a "tip" for you--you spelled "wolf" wrong

hope that helps!

Fooma
Oct 15, 2010

nom nom nom

Wulf Knight posted:

Hi Seraph, question. Why aren't people using bitcoins on the grey trade market? It seems like having a world wide ledger of who owns which ship will help avoid trade scams.

I'll take my answer off the air.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

DOMDOM posted:

star citizen is just an elaborate troll to crowdfund SA back into relevance

croberts and DS are hired crisis actors

That is literally the only thing that would be greater than the current circumstances.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

chaosbreather posted:

What if someone found a way to package and sell pure, unadulterated cognitive dissonance, free of any other product, delivered instantly over the internet, at a convenient sliding scale of prices?

Guess what?

Someone did.

Welcome to Star Citizen.

This is the best, most concise description of Star Citizen I've ever read. You are certainly an eloquent gentleman.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

I was watching Fart Shitizen off and on from 2012 to 2014, holding off on building a gaming rig for it and never bought any ships. I got married and bought a couple watches to go with my $20 wedding ring with the money I would have spent on a decent gaming pc. My interest was reignited by all the drama that was bubbling up since the summer. I've been lurking for a while on the old thread, after seeing an @dsmart tweet with a link to it, and today's drama finally pushed me over the edge. The old thread and its baby are the most entertaining threads I've ever read on a forum. Here is my goddamn :10bux:

Hello, friend. The Star Citizen dream is still alive, have faith. We can make it to the stars, all we need is the power of friendship!

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

pftc posted:

Dolvak is no longer a moderator at r/DerekSmart.

I assume he wanted me to pass the message along.

It's amazing how quick this "amazing community" is willing to abandon one another. Hmm wonder how this level of ship jumping will play out in their coveted multi crew...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Welcome!

G0RF fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jul 20, 2016

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

So I pledged 30$ in 2012 for a cool looking spaceship game what the gently caress happened

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Actually most of us are just here for the recipes.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Skyl3lazer posted:

So I pledged 30$ in 2012 for a cool looking spaceship game what the gently caress happened

Dreams. Dreams happened.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Oct 26, 2015

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Kegslayer posted:

Actually most of us are just here for the recipes.

Honey Balsamic Chicken Tenders

Serves: 4
Ingredients

* 2 medium (1.5 lbs) chicken breasts $2.99
* ¼ cup balsamic vinegar $0.80
* 1 clove garlic $0.08
* 2 Tbsp olive oil (divided) $0.24
* to taste salt & pepper $0.05
* 1 Tbsp butter $0.10
* 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar $0.40
* 3 Tbsp honey $0.33

Instructions

1. Slice the chicken breasts on a diagonal into six strips each. Place the strips in a quart sized zip top bag along with ¼ cup of balsamic vinegar, one clove of garlic (minced), 1 Tbsp of olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix the ingredients in the bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. When you’re ready to cook, heat the second tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, cook the strips until browned on both sides (about 2-3 minutes each side). You may have to do two batches. Place the cooked chicken on a clean plate.
3. Turn the heat down on the skillet to medium-low and add the butter and last 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar to the skillet. Use a spoon to stir the mixture and dissolve the sticky bits off of the bottom of the skillet. Once the mixture has dissolved together, add the honey, increase the heat, and allow the sauce to simmer until thickened (about five minutes).
4. Once the sauce has thickened, season to taste with salt and pepper (I just used a pinch of each). Add the chicken back to the skillet and toss to coat in the warm balsamic sauce. Serve immediately.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Skyl3lazer posted:

There really isn't time to explain.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
lmbo at anyone who bought the game before seeing concrete gameplay other than demo features

do what you need to do Derek Smart, good luck friend. Perhaps you'll be the black hole this godforsaken mess needs and the era of kickstarters will come to a head, when it never kickstarted to begin with.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

A Neurotic Jew posted:

There really isn't time to explain.

Idk according to ebay idiots will pay like 200 bucks for my account because its #622?

Btw as a side note they invited the first 1,000 accounts to a special "League of Extraordinary Citizens" guild or whatever on the RSI.com website

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Skyl3lazer posted:

Idk according to ebay idiots will pay like 200 bucks for my account because its #622?

Btw as a side note they invited the first 1,000 accounts to a special "League of Extraordinary Citizens" guild or whatever on the RSI.com website

oh, do that instead. The point is you probably want to cash out sooner rather than later.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Poor babies. Don't get you way, and suddenly it's because support is incompetent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
*takes a seat*

• Locked thread