Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

He is free in my heart because of this dead game and in future games Kimsemus and I will not be as harsh to the people who did not treat him kindly

Forgive and forget

:)

"Life is very short and there is no time for fussing or fighting, my friend" :)

Except if you're Dolvak or DickWulf, because gently caress those two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

lol B-actress?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
When people got Kimsemsus'd though it was pretty funny

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Star Citizen is dead, Goonrathi is dead and even if it wasn't Kimsemus would prob join Starfleet Dental

Even after being Kimsemsus'd himself Beer didn't let him back in

Eonwe posted:

He is free in my heart because of this dead game and in future games Kimsemus and I will not be as harsh to the people who did not treat him kindly

Forgive and forget

:)

Closest thing to an answer I'll ever get, I suppose.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Imaginary Friend posted:

So.. let me get this straight;

Angry disillusioned racist space nerds following a pube-hating b-actress who's secretly married to a washed out space game developer from the 90's that sells dreams in jpeg-format with Gary Oldman's face on them while laundering money through horse racing with the Swedish mafia and a guy named Fat Steve start an internet war with another Space Game developer that proceeds by threatening to sue everybody while leaking letters made by people who work at a company that dislikes everybody with a Something Awful account, pubes and a mind of their own.. also food recipes and funny gifs of broken space physics.

Internet.

You forgot about the "we want to simulate rape" stuff.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Derek. Honest question.

When you walk into your lawyer's offices and say "I've been on the internet recently", do their mouths extend past their face in a shark like grin, or do they shake their head and ask you whose father they need to talk to.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Imaginary Friend posted:

Angry disillusioned racist space nerds following a pube-hating b-actress who's secretly married to a washed out space game developer from the 90's that sells dreams in jpeg-format with Gary Oldman's face on them while laundering money through horse racing with the Swedish mafia and a guy named Fat Steve start an internet war with another Space Game developer that proceeds by threatening to sue everybody while leaking letters made by people who work at a company that dislikes everybody with a Something Awful account, pubes and a mind of their own.. also food recipes and funny gifs of broken space physics.

Internet.

This is pretty good, yea.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

pftc posted:

The answer is that some goons got angry and got Kimsemus and thatguy kicked out of Goonrathi and Eve goons because they PvPed in an open PvP area because a small corp of the officers decided they didn't want them to in a completely unrelated video game

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Imaginary Friend posted:

Internet.

You forgot the haiku's.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

pftc posted:

TL;DR some goon called Kimsemus and a few others got banned from some goon gaming communities in ArchAge, which extends to other games (like Star Citizen).

They say some poo poo about pedos at leadership level and they were just wanting to have fun pirating, others say they goonfucked, EVE Online nerd dabigredboat suspected of being behind it all,...

Basically two groups of goons going at a "He said/she said" over and over, with one side incessantly shitposting for justice in space court everywhere, while the other not really caring to respond since Kimsemus and his pals have been...Kimsemus'd.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Imaginary Friend posted:

Internet.

haha she wishes she was a B actress

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

You forgot about the "we want to simulate rape" stuff.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

harkonnen animal!!!

edit: I was unironically furious that this thread made it to page 2 on the Brown Sea.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Hahahaha. Holy poo poo.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

harkonnen animal!!!

:bahgawd: "LET ME, my lord!"

:colbert: "The Emperor's blade."

Need to rewatch Dune, methinks, and see if it's just as bad in a good way as I remember.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Oh it is.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Kimsemus and thatguy are good

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
It's weird because my senior thesis was also called "The Inevitable Consequence of Piracy: Rape"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"Something, something, anonymous sources can never be trusted" - Star Citizen backer about Escapist article.

http://kotaku.com/the-messy-true-story-behind-the-making-of-destiny-1737556731

Rodney-CK
Jun 19, 2004
Hello new thread.

I'm not too thrilled about going after random internet people who say dumb things, so I hope everything will be resolved peacefully and litigation free.

However, CIG itself seems more exciting.

I'm curious if anybody ever thought it possible that CIG played the grey market. They own the jpgs, they could basically create lots of parachute accounts to auction off grey market stuff for tons of profit.

I'm not sure if that's exactly something to make any kind of legal fight about, but they can control that market and no doubt could bring in enough to buy some cars from. Also now that everything can be bought, all those money trails will vanish pretty fast I guess.

Not an expert. No legal team. Just thinking out loud.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I approve of the Dune avatar. Not the rape.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
You know what was missing from all the space murder simulators I've played before? Rape.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It's weird because my senior thesis was also called "The Inevitable Consequence of Piracy: Rape"

And your professor called you then, and you had this conversation, I'm guessing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk0bKyxn-jk

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Press 'F' to rape.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Press 'F' to rape.

will there be a separate bind for yiff?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Press 'F' to rape.

Shift-F for anal.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I will sue this guy for defamation, we pirates are professionals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

will there be a separate bind for yiff?

Press 'CTRL + F' to yiff.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Anybody remember this drama?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I think that Bootcha's reaction to the Gizmondo find should be on page one somehwere.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

EminusSleepus posted:

I will sue this guy for defamation, we pirates are professionals

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q

Indeed we are! Or at the very least, know to be more stylish and such.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ7SVMVrick

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
Can I get a bootcha update pls

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

spacetoaster posted:

Anybody remember this drama?

No. I have no idea what you are talking about and I totally did not waste far too much time writing down all the horrible poo poo I've witnessed in 2 years time that I've known the RSI community, for easier reference in the future.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

yea okay

i mean it snot like a very ambitious or absurd request, SC will deliver. I can wait 2 more years for this content to add onto the overall immersion

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
Deep in the shady sadness of a male
Far less extant than Elite: Dangerous,
Far from Rebel Galaxy, Eve Online,
Sat gray-hair'd Croberts, quiet as a stone,
Still as the dynamics of all his 'verse;
Pube on pube lay scattered about his desk
Blaz'nd Cloud Imperium. No solace,
Not so much life as on a big sale's day
Robs no more space bucks from the brown'd sea,
But whence the dead forum posts, there did they rest.
Ten bux went voiceless by, still deadened more
By reason of his fallen chairmanity
Throwing some shade: the Sandy 'mid her blacks
Press'd her MONEY hat closer to the cam.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Imaginary Friend posted:

Internet.

Become a card carrying member today!

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Ugh, I want to rant about that, but I don't want to do it on the actual SC forums, because that would mean joining the SC forums.

"rape for the sake of realism" is just so loving incoherent that it makes me want to puke. Funnily enough, when you have a fictional narrative, especially sci-fi or fantasy, rape is not an inevitable consequence of anything. Including it as a fun way to dominate your enemies in a game is beyond an insult to actual rape survivors.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Rodney-CK posted:

I'm curious if anybody ever thought it possible that CIG played the grey market. They own the jpgs, they could basically create lots of parachute accounts to auction off grey market stuff for tons of profit.

Yes but this would require a level of competency on their part so no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Only registered members can see post attachments!

• Locked thread