Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Ronda would probably beat the 5-10 male bantamweights but Mighty Mouse is a bad example because he would probably beat the 2-10 male bantamweights and possibly #1 as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Phyzzle posted:

A man weighing 10% less than a woman should have roughly the same amount of muscle mass. The man's punching ability, much like his bench press, would remain better. Still, I wonder about a grapping match between Rousey and, say, a 115 pound guy.

Please go into more depth on what weights exactly men and women should be able to fairly fight at :downs:

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

fatherdog posted:

Ronda would probably beat the 5-10 male bantamweights but Mighty Mouse is a bad example because he would probably beat the 2-10 male bantamweights and possibly #1 as well.

Are you talking about in an mma fight because I don't think ronda would win a fight against Thomas almeida or eddie wineland

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Ronda is good at fighting if thats what you guys were wondering.. she's better than anyone else with her style of genitals, and better than a lot of people with the other, penis style, but not all of them especially the people way bigger than her

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Dangersim posted:

Are you talking about in an mma fight because I don't think ronda would win a fight against Thomas almeida or eddie wineland

Yes, I am, and that is because you are stupid.

Also,

manyak posted:

Ronda is good at fighting if thats what you guys were wondering.. she's better than anyone else with her style of genitals, and better than a lot of people with the other, penis style, but not all of them especially the people way bigger than her

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

There is no chance in hell ronda beats a top ten male bantamweight, like literally none at all. Thas the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard you say.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if lucia rijker taught me anything it's that the best male 135er ronda would be able to beat does not have a wikipedia page

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i hope they never, ever perform the mma equivalent of the lucia rijker experiment and i hope people like fatherdog remain hypothetically right forever because i think ronda / wmma is a really good thing

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
speaking of the 135 top 10, why is mayday still #5? dude has been injured for two years now

actually why am i even asking about rankings? they're stupid, wrong and pointless so who cares? just like hypothetical discussion of intergender fights

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

MysteryNad posted:

speaking of the 135 top 10, why is mayday still #5? dude has been injured for two years now

actually why am i even asking about rankings? they're stupid, wrong and pointless so who cares? just like hypothetical discussion of intergender fights

i assure you i wish the lucia rijker intergender fight was hypothetical

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2QgDWSfQik
She was one of the best female kickboxers and Somchai Jaidee was a kickboxer of no note. She gets wrecked.

vvv That doesn't contradict what I said.

Tezcatlipoca fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Oct 26, 2015

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

no she was the most feared and dangerous female boxer / kickboxer on the entire planet by consensus

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Arguing Ronda would beat Wineland seems pretty crazy to me

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Marching Powder posted:

i hope they never, ever perform the mma equivalent of the lucia rijker experiment and i hope people like fatherdog remain hypothetically right forever because i think ronda / wmma is a really good thing

Yeah I really have no desire to see Ronda get knocked out by Yves Jabouin

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Can we just settle this argument by having Ronda beat the poo poo out of Bryan Caraway on Fox?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I normally avoid Ronda vs. A Guy discussion because it is a terrible quagmire of unprovable poo poo regardless of what stance you take, but I find it baffling that people are arguing Ronda Rousey could not beat Eddie Wineland when Bryan Caraway did so effortlessly. What's even more confusing to me is the fact that many of the people making the aforementioned statement have also gone on record saying Caraway being ranked is proof of how terrible men's Bantamweight is.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Bluedeanie posted:

What's even more confusing to me is the fact that many of the people making the aforementioned statement have also gone on record saying Caraway being ranked is proof of how terrible men's Bantamweight is.

Still confused?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
HEllo a general point, if a martial art has a creation myth and it goes something like this:

And with that, a mighty cheer went up from the heroes of MARTIAL ART. They had banished the awful wrestling/being physically big forever...

Because it was haunted

please don't uncritically believe it and that the martial art resultantly confers super powers to the user

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
[sweeping leaves from the grave of jigoro kano] thank god teddy riner is here to stand up for the little guys

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Hey friends. As some of you fou a TRUE FACEDBOOKURU FRIENDS my already know - I came very close to becoming an ex-person about two or three weekends ago. Recovery is hell and I only just got out of the ICU Which I thing stands for, "you gonna crap your pants a lot and people will treat you with the compassion an of an uppity moth.

I've read nothing about MMA science these whole "lose organs/gain staples" thing seemed to become a real plans

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

[sweeping leaves from the grave of jigoro kano] thank god teddy riner is here to stand up for the little guys

lol

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i think perhaps there is a large difference between eddie wineland as he is imagined and eddie wineland as he exists

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
lets talk about fallon fox next.

also certain gracies' insistence that bjj is a better rape defense than screaming and cardio.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Captain Log posted:

Hey friends. As some of you fou a TRUE FACEDBOOKURU FRIENDS my already know - I came very close to becoming an ex-person about two or three weekends ago. Recovery is hell and I only just got out of the ICU Which I thing stands for, "you gonna crap your pants a lot and people will treat you with the compassion an of an uppity moth.

I've read nothing about MMA science these whole "lose organs/gain staples" thing seemed to become a real plans

I'm true Facebook friends with some mma posters but not you. What happened? Something to do with your leaky brain?

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
rhonda rousy is good at throwing people down therefore she can beat up everyone

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

fatherdog posted:

Ronda would probably beat the 5-10 male bantamweights

you're better than this

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Elemennop posted:

This is basically a meaningless statement and applies to all grappling. Imagine what a style of grappling that doesn't use the opponents weight against them would look like. Just deadlifting your opponents?
I would watch this sport. Each contestant benches their opponent. If successful, both contestants have six months to gain weight. Repeat until someone can't lift someone else or a heart attack happens.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Thanks to everyone who answered my question (especially if you did it without being mean or snarky about it)

Interestingly enough, a video has surfaced of Miesha "Cupcake" Tate tapping out multiple male opponents in a row in a grappling demo. Doesn't look like they have as much experience as her, but they clearly have a muscle and size advantage and the whole video clearly disproves that whole "women can't fight men because they are weak" myth.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Muttonchips posted:

Thanks to everyone who answered my question (especially if you did it without being mean or snarky about it)

Interestingly enough, a video has surfaced of Miesha "Cupcake" Tate tapping out multiple male opponents in a row in a grappling demo. Doesn't look like they have as much experience as her, but they clearly have a muscle and size advantage and the whole video clearly disproves that whole "women can't fight men because they are weak" myth.

I watched that vid. They are a bunch of internet comedians, and it doesn't look like they have any real size advantage on her.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Muttonchips posted:

Aha, now you've trapped us with your YouTube video of what was surely a rigorous experiment. You have bested me sir, and I bow humbly to your superior posting.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah I mean if the guys aren't untrained and the women is she's most likely going to tap them.

As an example I started bjj with a chick who went on to win a bunch of competitions and got good really fast. She was definitely way more skilled then me, but if I used my strength and weight I could slowly wear her down and get the tap eventually.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Aha, now you've trapped us with your YouTube video of what was surely a rigorous experiment. You have bested me sir, and I bow humbly to your superior posting.
It wasn't an experiment under a lab setting or anything, it was just a simple demonstration of her grappling a bunch of dudes who were bigger than her. I don't really know that much about combat sports other than having taken some Tae Kwon Do classes when I was young (which shouldn't count really) so no bowing will be necessary.

Dangersim posted:

As an example I started bjj with a chick who went on to win a bunch of competitions and got good really fast. She was definitely way more skilled then me, but if I used my strength and weight I could slowly wear her down and get the tap eventually.
This is really interesting to me. Just thinking about how much skill could compensate for size. If I recall, there was a UFC event called David vs Goliath or something similiar. I was also thinking about how Royce Gracie was able to overcome the size difference really easily initially.

Makes me think if Royce Gracie tried the same thing now he would get defeated fairly easily.

Muttonchips fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 27, 2015

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Muttonchips posted:

Makes me think if Royce Gracie tried the same thing now he would get defeated fairly easily.

He would get murdered pursuing those techniques against today's calibre of fighters

MysteryNad
Dec 5, 2003

Here in my guard
I feel safest of all
I can lock up my guard
It's the only way to fight
In guard
Royce Gracie got murdered by a guy smaller than him almost a decade ago in an attempt to prove he was still relevant. I don't even want to think about what Robbie would do to him today. Even Quinn Mulhern or Danny Downes would probably humiliate him at this point.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

origami posted:

He would get murdered pursuing those techniques against today's calibre of fighters

Would Ronda be able to stop Royce? I mean Royce in his current state, not in his prime.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Muttonchips posted:

Would Ronda be able to stop Royce? I mean Royce in his current state, not in his prime.

royce would have 50lbs on her and has a lifetime of grappling experience. please stop these absurd hypotheticals. there's only one video that cleanly demonstrates what a woman can do to a man in a fight, and it's on this page.

Bad Mr Frosty
Apr 25, 2012
What about Holly Holm vs Mike Tyson, who would win in a basketball match?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Ronda Rousey plays as Oddjob and gets Cougar Magnum. Floyd Mayweather is Jaws and gets RCP90. Level is Temple. Who wins?

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Marching Powder posted:

please stop these absurd hypotheticals
My bad- I didn't mean to go off on a hypothetical tangent. I was just trying to gauge the difference between women and men in combat sports. Seems very unlikely we'll see a male on female match in the UFC so it's basically pointless to speculate.

It's just that with all the talk of Ronda vs Mayweather fight, I wanted an informed opinion of the odds of a female fighter defeating a male fighter. I heard a lot of people talking about how Ronda would completely destroy Mayweather in a MMA fight, but after reading this thread, it's clear those people have no idea what they're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Muttonchips posted:

It's just that with all the talk of Ronda vs Mayweather

stay the gently caress away from anyone talking about this because it's stupid on just about every conceivable level