Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I don't know why anyone would back star citizen maybe outside of that initial kickstarter money just to show viability. If he didn't get enough money from purely fan donations he would have gotten it from investors and publishers after proving the project had sufficient interest and actually would have to meet milestones to please them. Then you could pay for the game the same price every other video game is 60 bucks and get the same poo poo he is charging these dupes thousands of dollars.

Were these people so terrified that the game would cease to exist if they didn't spend their whole life savings on it (probably ensuring it actually never will exist now funny enough because now he can feature creep the game to death and have zero accountability.). Or do they think they are getting value from buying this ships with real cash because they think it will be pay to win?

Sorry if this has been answered a million times I don't want to read all 600+ pages of the old thread and more to catch up on this train wreck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Dolvak is no longer moderator of /r/starcitizen NVM missread that or he just got added again, but some of his quotes are in star citizen without the moderator symbol.

I don't understand how reddit displays moderators. :shrug:
Anyways still a moderator of r/starcitizen no longer a mod of /r/DerekSmart

quote:

NOT THAT I HAVE SEEN. I LEFT OF MY OWN WILL AND WAS NOT ASKED OR PROMPTED TO BY ANYONE. I CAN'T SEE ANYTHING IN BT'S POST HISTORY LIKE THAT SO I DON'T THINK SO. ANYWAYS THAT IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY.

quote:

I STEPPED DOWN AFTER BEING DOXED. NOT GOING TO SUBJECT MYSELF TO THE DRAMA. GOING TO ATTEMPT TO ACTIVELY AVOID IT. SHOULD BE BETTER FOR EVERYONE.

joats fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Oct 26, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

joke_explainer posted:

If you do have an Idris, I would wait for the model to be released to wander around in before selling it, as I noticed the retaliator prices went crazy when that happened.

CIG will sell the Idris again if/when the Idris is released to the hangar.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

joats posted:

Dolvak is no longer moderator of /r/starcitizen

You know it's serious because it's in all caps. Is this the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand and hoping all the bad things go away because you can't see them anymore?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Vire posted:

You know it's serious because it's in all caps. Is this the equivalent of sticking your head in the sand and hoping all the bad things go away because you can't see them anymore?

To be fair, that quote is from the star citizen rant thread where everyone is required to type in all caps or be punished.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3q7egx/rantteam_bonding_thread_9th_edition/

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
That didn't last long?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

Can someone give me like a top 10 of the funniest poo poo that's been happening in the Star Citizen threads? Start with that post where that guy wants to put rape scenes in a spaceship game, that's got to be at least number 2 or 3

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

joats posted:

To be fair, that quote is from the star citizen rant thread where everyone is required to type in all caps or be punished.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3q7egx/rantteam_bonding_thread_9th_edition/

Its also the best thread they've had in months.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

LOL

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

TTerrible posted:

That didn't last long?

Yeah IDK, 4 hours ago it seems like he wasn't because his name wasn't "moderator" green with an (M) next to it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3q7egx/rantteam_bonding_thread_9th_edition/cwd0s80

I have no idea how reddit works. But names sometimes look like mods and sometimes don't?

But yeah I hosed up.

joats fucked around with this message at 09:48 on Oct 26, 2015

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

joats posted:

Yeah IDK, 4 hours ago it seems like he wasn't because his name wasn't "moderator" green with an (M) next to it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3q7egx/rantteam_bonding_thread_9th_edition/cwd0s80

Reading the rest of that comment thread, he was responding to a question about no longer moderating /r/dereksmart.

Mystery solved!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

AP fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Oct 26, 2015

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Holy poo poo is OP the real Derek Smart? LMAO this is glorious

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Page 9 and no star bunny.jpg

Rated 1

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

QuarkJets posted:

Can someone give me like a top 10 of the funniest poo poo that's been happening in the Star Citizen threads? Start with that post where that guy wants to put rape scenes in a spaceship game, that's got to be at least number 2 or 3

REI Meltdown

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!
I bought Line of defence yesterday and hell, that's a mess. I reported it to steam as scam and reported Steam/valve to the german " Verbraucherzentrale" for not pulling it out of EA.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I bought Line of defence yesterday and hell, that's a mess. I reported it to steam as scam and reported Steam/valve to the german " Verbraucherzentrale" for not pulling it out of EA.

Oh No!

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Holy poo poo I see a Seraph84 post in there. His meltdowns/pedobear/lolli rants were probably the highlight of the previous previous previous SC thread.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
Also unironic bitcoin discussion.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

kordansk posted:

Holy poo poo I see a Seraph84 post in there. His meltdowns/pedobear/lolli rants were probably the highlight of the previous previous previous SC thread.

He went on a big rant about "breeders" with his latest alt and wished there weren't any children.:ironicat:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

lol watch out Derek the nazis are coming

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
I missed what happened with the last seraph alt

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJelEXaPhJ8

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Kakarot posted:

I missed what happened with the last seraph alt

Banned, like the previous 4 or was it 5?

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
I'm so unbelievably behind all of the recent happenings regarding drama and official forum sperging. Just reading about someone spending over $40,000 USD on fake ships made me want to gag. It makes me feel slightly better about only having pledged for a Hornet, but admittedly not by much.

However, by gleaming what I could just by skimming - it's apparent to me that some poo poo related to Derek Smart happened. Also, it seems that Beer was banned from the official CIG forums. Which I can only assume - was a blessing for Beer, because I don't know how people can post on the official forums and not want to drive nails into their faces as a more contemplative, and productive exercise.

Scarily enough, I do remember a time when the game was basically just something like four different ships and one single player campaign. What the gently caress happened?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

What the gently caress happened?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

No practice needed.

chaosbreather posted:

lol watch out Derek the nazis are coming

They are already here !

American Nazi party

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Would you suggest that it should be put into released games?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

:lurkmore:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
First post

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Vire posted:

Derek, I'm waiting for the tears.

Please make it happen.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

Looks like he's going for the old advanced puppetmaster technique, been stringing Smart along and now if at any point in the future Smart fails he can jump in and say it was him that caused it.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
New thread needs more Gizmondo:

also:

Bootcha posted:

:eyepop:

Simon/Nicolas Elms

I WONDERED WHO THE gently caress THAT WAS

loving gently caress gently caress

WHAT THE poo poo gently caress IS loving GOING ON loving HERE

HOLY gently caress BALLS

loving gently caress gently caress

gently caress

:psyboom: :psypop:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

This thread needs the money hat guy.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

No practice needed.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Would you suggest that it should be put into released games?

Sadly it's not a game yet.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Karl_Ramseier posted:

How much are you in the hole to Croberts for?

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

No practice needed.

Aramoro posted:

Looks like he's going for the old advanced puppetmaster technique, been stringing Smart along and now if at any point in the future Smart fails he can jump in and say it was him that caused it.

Won't happen. Our Internet warlord sues him to oblivion. Sometime in November or December or soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Karl_Ramseier posted:

So it's still in development?

• Locked thread