Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!
[quote="ALL-PRO SEXMAN" post="451926473"]
How much are you in the hole to Croberts for?
[/qeuote]

0, my packages are gifted. I am 120€ in Elite, but I doubt that counts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

If this were mafia, that is moving the goalposts, and also a bunch of scumtells. He would be absolutely lovely at playing as scum.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

lol internet puppetmaster 'no I've been in control the whole time you fools! Gahahaha!'

I read his post then pictured his face and it's amazing how well the two things fit together.

kordansk posted:

If this were mafia, that is moving the goalposts, and also a bunch of scumtells. He would be absolutely lovely at playing as scum.

Sure, in normal mafia, but they're playing the Swedish variant.

Nickiepoo fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Oct 26, 2015

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

Tank Boy Ken posted:

So it's still in development?

No. Or let's say if LoD is in development, SC will be 100% released.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
lol

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

Thanks guy who asked what's going on in a 9 page thread.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Karl_Ramseier posted:

0, my packages are gifted. I am 120€ in Elite, but I doubt that counts?

I mean sure, it actually exists and you can play it, but why do you people love throwing money at space games

EDIT:

Imaginary Friend posted:

[quote="spacetoaster" post="451919820"]

Haha, holy poo poo.

Tim Schafer should start another kickstarter and make a point 'n click adventure out of this whole thing.

Christ, I'd kinda ignored this whole fiasco til now. Maybe I'd be better off not knowing what these people think.

How is Broken Age anyhow?

Real Cool Catfish fucked around with this message at 11:54 on Oct 26, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Well they decided to drop Alpha and Beta, so you could say it has been released.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Bleremiah posted:

I mean sure, it actually exists and you can play it, but why do you people love throwing money at space games

because it’s nice when they exist, and it’s like voting: you can’t not back one and then complain when it’s not funded

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
A new thread, and ten pages long already. The 'verse is beautiful today, citizens.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Bleremiah posted:

Looks and sounds good, but that's about it. Far less of the wit and sparkle from the earlier point and click games

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

plz sign you're post
also post an introduction thread in FYAD before posting here

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Bleremiah posted:

OK? If you're into adventure games then grab it in a sale otherwise I wouldn't bother.

The first half is reasonably satisfying. It has modern Tim Schafer writing (i.e. more introspection and "deep thoughts", less humor), moves at a decent pace with a decent story build-up and ends with a genuinely good cliff hanger. The puzzles are however busy work rather than challenge.

In the second half the writing takes a dive, the puzzles get obtuse in the worse adventure game kind of way and the story in the game abruptly ends with what is essentially a "lolz sorry! We ran out of money!" and then sort of stumbles to a limp and unsatisfying conclusion in the credits sequence.

Summary: Even with the huge delay and two parts it feels like the first 2 acts of a 3 act game, with the second act being rushed and not as well thought out. Then the credits sequence happens which feels like it should have followed a third act which never got made.

Io_ fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Oct 26, 2015

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Value in relation to games is a topic that is not discussed often. When it does come up it however can be interesting. For example, Tony Hawk 5 is marketed at $60. Many people however agree that the true value of the game is more around $5 or less due to the bugs, boring atmosphere, and broken gameplay. The game being marketed at $60 is thus viewed as "disgusting" and "a way to cash in on nostalgia".

Is the value of Star Citizen worth $50 per ship?

joats fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Oct 26, 2015

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

$5 seems high, there are very good games that can be purchased for that, including the olly olly games which are both superior skateboarding games.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

joats posted:

Is the value of Star Citizen worth $50 per ship?

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Jegan Ace posted:

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

That is a very level-headed and intelligent way to view the article. Of course, after that article we've since seen Chris Roberts' rambling response letter he claims he spent 8 hours writing that blamed Derek Smart and Gamergate for everything, CIG's attempts to threaten both the Escapist and Derek Smart with legal action with extremely sloppy letters, the terrible joke that was Citizencon where they revealed that had wasted time and money on stuff they were scrapping BUT LOOK MOCAP, and as I said earlier the HR/Marketing/Actor that is Sandi Gardner (Chris Roberts' wife) sending a backer who is a member of this forum their SA posts in an email asking "Is this you?"

We are way past the point of level-headed and intelligent observations of that article or of this game in general, because we're standing on a giant flaming poo-meteor called Star Citizen just waiting for it to crash and explode in one of the many ways it could.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

lol

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

TheLastRoboKy posted:

, and as I said earlier the HR/Marketing/Actor that is Sandi Gardner (Chris Roberts' wife) sending a backer who is a member of this forum their SA posts in an email asking "Is this you?"

I missed that could you give me more details?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
goddamn it knew I shouldnt have walked away and played "Real Life" after the smartsummoning.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
For anyone wondering wtf is the connection between Gizmondo and Star Citizen, I wrote up an article here:

http://pastebin.com/DDeWufw2

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
there is soo much magic here.

D smart you better make that OP a sexy gilded turd.

This shitshow needs proper trigger warnings and TL:DRs

or you could just make it the epic ballad of your rise to goon warlord.

poo poo the latter one sounds better

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

WTF are we looking at here?

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

The future pf PC gaming

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Amun Khonsu posted:

Don't play the innocent

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Amun Khonsu posted:

My Little Ponly Live Action

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Amun Khonsu posted:

the choice of a new generation.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
https://twitter.com/discolando/status/658372399746826240

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Fleek

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Those eyes really bother me.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
DiscoLando asking a valid question.

ether
May 20, 2001

I'm going with one of the urban dictionary explantions: Fleek , a fart that leaks a bit. Seems legit

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When he says "any of my hair", what's covered by 'any'?

Sedisp posted:

Those eyes really bother me.
The way they don't converge and neither is looking at the road as he's driving?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Ok, now I'm on board.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

I Greyhound posted:

I missed that could you give me more details?

Here, have it straight from the horse's mouth.

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Ok, here we go!

Yesterday, or whenever the gently caress it was, I made an attempt at my own brand of gallows humor, and my disdain for those that are CIG True Believers (tm).
I made a funny to the effect of "I'm not sure belts are made to withstand that kind of stress. I'm pretty sure they'll snap before the last bit of dust from the 'Brooks was here' message hits the ground."

Either Sandi, Lesnick or Lando trolled through the forums looking for something, and it sparked something within their hearts. For Ben's sake, it probably helped his. :lesnick:

Sandi proceeded to email me on my personal email that she got from my refund request, to ask if this was me who in fact posted the aforementioned funny.
She then sent a SECOND separate email, in which she states I expected some sort of "exclusive news contract" with them 2 years ago, and she denied me that.

I did not reply to either of her emails. Why bother?

To answer the first question. No.
I'm sure someone else has the idea to use my name, likeness, and append BTHR just to make me look bad. I can do that on my own just fine, thankyouverymuch.

To answer the second question. NOPE.
Why? I recognized early on that other people had similar ideas as I, and they had just as much right to talk to CIG for whatever "news" they deemed worthy.
A little competition never hurt anyone. I'd never be that shallow to say NUH UH! FIRST. I should get it!

-edit-
In closing, I'm terrible at writing 6000-word missives and shitposts. I keep it simple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I cannot say the parrrrrp part without laughing.

• Locked thread