Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
I hope this gets included in the OP, Derek. I don't think there's a more lucid or even-handed summary of semi-recent developments with Star Citizen. It really goes to great pains to avoiding biasing viewers for-or-against the project and its management...

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Vire posted:

Were these people so terrified that the game would cease to exist if they didn't spend their whole life savings on it (probably ensuring it actually never will exist now funny enough because now he can feature creep the game to death and have zero accountability.). Or do they think they are getting value from buying this ships with real cash because they think it will be pay to win?

What you need to understand about the SC fan base is this: they are loving insane. They are happy chucking cash up Croberts nose because they honestly think it's going to be that revolutionary. Like a whole new experience that will trascend them to a new reality. Some of them believe it will be the last game they'll ever play because it will do everything.

And yes many of them probably do think they are getting one up on everyone else by buying a fleet of JPEGs. If you ask them they'll claim they're just pledging and the ships are a reward, but then they start theory crafting and building organisations based around specific play styles, despite there being a distinct and noticeable lack of detail about how any of it will function. The buying of JPEGs is particularly amusing. Either CIG crash and burn and there's a huge shitstorm and maybe some of them go on a neckbeard rampage, or it actually comes out and CIG has to somehow balance a game where they've pre-sold all the ships and promised features like drink vending minigames. There's no way for it turn out that won't be funny for anyone watching.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

0, my packages are gifted.
Okay. How many dick picks did you have to look at then?

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
Star Citizen: Shave Yourself

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Io_ posted:

Star Citizen: Shave Yourself

should be a lazer razor. :catbert:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

I'd like to thank Dickwulf for being as smug as possible about this, it will make the imminent culling that much more entertaining to read about.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

fleeker

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

tooterfish posted:

Okay. How many dick picks did you have to look at then?

You surely have strange hobbies.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
I wonder if Sandi is going to have PTSD for No Shave November...

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Karl_Ramseier posted:

dont kinkshame.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

SneakyFrog posted:

should be a lazer razor. :catbert:

What the balls is a lazer razor :stare:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Io_ posted:

its like star citizen

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Io_ posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/

note:

I work with lasers every day, this product simply cannot work the way they claim.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SneakyFrog posted:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving#/

note:

I work with lasers every day, this product simply cannot work the way they claim.

SneakyFrog posted:

its like star citizen

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

SneakyFrog posted:

its like star citizen

So in reality it's a broken chopstick with a sharpened penny ineffectively taped to it?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Io_ posted:

So in reality it's a broken chopstick with a sharpened penny ineffectively taped to it?

broken electric toothbrush with a laser pointer put through a STATE OF THE ART OPTICAL FIBER

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

very fleek

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

Honestly, nothing I read in that article was particularly world-shattering.

It's obvious to any oldschool backer that once poo poo blew up with the continuous stretch goals in the early years, that we'd be getting a project with a shitload of promises and nary a hope on them delivering on all of them. Most people actually just wanted something that wasn't EvE in the Kickstarter stages of what is now something I'd class as a bloated abomination of the original idea.

I think there's plausibility in the bitter testimonials of those faceless former employees, but I also know to take this poo poo with a large helping of salt. When emotions, finances and jobs are on the line, things get said in the corporate grapevine that are hard to prove or disprove. I just wish they'd cut off the money-line and just say they'll stop peddling JPEGs at the annual sucker fair to just work on a game that might be released in my lifetime.

Sure, but Chris Roberts responded with the most unprofessional official letter from a CEO I've ever read. He basically confirms that nothing is run competently there, and that croberts has an temper that makes him do irrational things. Its been posted a few times already itt. But here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Scroll past the bad c&d letter. It reads like he was on coke. Anyone who gives CIG the benefit of the doubt after scanning that letter is a loving idiot.

Lord_NeckBeard fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 26, 2015

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
The FPS module in progress.

Intense Gameplay!

Realistic Weapon Handling!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013

Why don't they just release it as "Goat Simulator in Space" and get over with it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

joats posted:

Intense Gameplay!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

:rip: :coffeepal: dammit.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/discolando/status/658368364251734016

quote:

If you're not at Ikea eating Swedish meatballs like I am right now, well... it's not a contest, but you're losing.

I think he's laughing at us, it's always us, laughing at the Swedish money laundering connections to F42/CIG and the hair stuff is another example.

It's nice that everyone can agree that Star Citizen is a big joke, mind you most of us don't actually have to work there.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I surely do.

But we're not talking about me.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Or maybe this is his last meal.

Think about, showing up at work unshaven, movember coming up.

He is asking to get sacked.

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I will be disappointed if the game doesn't have mgs/arma levels of posture and aiming.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Nellistos posted:

Why don't they just release it as "Goat Simulator in Space" and get over with it.

Honestly those pictures make SC look great. I can just imagine MY IMMERSION :gonk: Shitizens crying as you mow them down in your space buggy.

It's not enough to make me buy a jpeg but it's the first bit of gameplay we've seen that looks in any way fun.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

tooterfish posted:

I surely do.

But we're not talking about me.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I do not have any twitter accounts besides https://twitter.com/raess2009 . But hell YOU ARE CREEPY

Karl Ramseier was a running gag by a Saturday late night show back in the 90ties here in Germany.

Karl is deep in the cult, does anyone know any deprogramming methods?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

joats posted:

Intense Gameplay!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

Look at the state of this. Look at it. The True Believers will cry ALPHA but I've played plenty of games in alpha that weren't in this condition. This is what they've got after four years and $93m.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Look at the state of this. Look at it. The True Believers will cry ALPHA but I've played plenty of games in alpha that weren't in this condition. This is what they've got after four years and $93m.

Stop lying! It is clearly only 3 years, and also its a Pre-Alpha, so this is perfectly OK.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Psssht.. i dunno about you but MY rear end produces a hover field dragging my legs behind me in the breeze for as long as I can remember... You loving still bipedal? Psssht Get gud.

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 26, 2015

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eh, they're more likely to say "That isn't the FPS module" which is technically true. I mean it's still poo poo, just... different poo poo.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

joats posted:

Intense Gameplay!

Oh neat it's that one level from Quake 3 Arena. Can you show off the third tiny space platform island with the quad damage?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Beet Wagon posted:

Eh, they're more likely to say "That isn't the FPS module" which is technically true. I mean it's still poo poo, just... different poo poo.

Still part of the foundation for it.

This was the current state of the game back in August 1.1.6 patch.
Source - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ynFb8hRGkQ

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
7 days to lawsuit day everyone!

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Io_ posted:

A kickstarter scam

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

7 days to lawsuit day everyone!

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

AP posted:

Karl is deep in the cult, does anyone know any deprogramming methods?

I met a guy on Reddit the other day who is a professional in doing psychological profiles. I'll ask him for his expert advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

joats posted:

Intense Gameplay!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

Octodad in space!

• Locked thread