Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

needs more sexdoll in the background

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Io_ posted:

What the balls is a lazer razor :stare:

SneakyFrog posted:

its like star citizen

Gwaihir posted:

A kickstarter scam

A story in three quotes.

joats posted:

The FPS module in progress.

Intense Gameplay!

Realistic Weapon Handling!

Tacticol Positioning!

Buzzword!

All we need is Gary Oldman's head slowly getting larger and larger as the level fits into his mouth.

Honestly, aren't there intrepid goons who could probably crap out something like this on a weekend-long bender for a mere fraction of the cost (the cost being the alcohol needed to get them to the Ballmer Peak)?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

2DCAT posted:

I met a guy on Reddit the other day who is a professional in doing psychological profiles. I'll ask him for his expert advice.

I am a bored certified pet psychologist

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

LuiCypher posted:

A story in three quotes.

All we need is Gary Oldman's head slowly getting larger and larger as the level fits into his mouth.

Honestly, aren't there intrepid goons who could probably crap out something like this on a weekend-long bender for a mere fraction of the cost (the cost being the alcohol needed to get them to the Ballmer Peak)?

I dunno, that ragdoll shuffling och slithering looks like a bitch to animate

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Sure, but Chris Roberts responded with the most unprofessional official letter from a CEO I've ever read. He basically confirms that nothing is run competently there, and that croberts has an temper that makes him do irrational things. Its been posted a few times already itt. But here https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

Scroll past the bad c&d letter. It reads like he was on coke. Anyone who gives CIG the benefit of the doubt after scanning that letter is a loving idiot.

You know you can say "loving idiot" right? Only wageslave workpoors get the word filter.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

In other words, welcome to the forums.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Jebus J. this thread now too? Peter forgot they pissed and/or piss on each other's necks as well. No knock on him though otherwise the piss fest synopsis was perfect. S! Alright back to decoding the third sentence of each new line of the recipe.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

T.G. Xarbala posted:

In other words, welcome to the forums.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PFFoIOWyZc

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

MeLKoR posted:

You know you can say "loving idiot" right? Only wageslave workpoors get the word filter.

gently caress

tee hee :blush:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

joats posted:

gently caress

tee hee :blush:

poop

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Star Citizen Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Stop Buyin Ships Haha

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I got a question for Smart: Did you consider not saying anything, waiting for Nov. 1 to come, and just quietly filing a lawsuit to get the financial statements?

Don't get me wrong, the route you took has been incredible to watch, but if I had to be honest I don't see how you doing all this internet warlording helps your initial claim.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Imagine what "No Man's Sky" could do with 100 million.

joats fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 26, 2015

Diatom
Mar 27, 2009
Provide a release date?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

joats posted:

Imagine what "No Man Sky" could do with 100 million.

it might even get released!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Diatom posted:

Provide a release date?

Supposedly a release date is being announced tomorrow.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
No Man's Sky looks boring as gently caress

the worst words in the video game industry right now are "procedurally generated"

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Madcosby posted:

the worst words in the video game industry right now are "procedurally generated"

names can be pretty fantastic...

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Madcosby posted:

Much like your posting.

Diatom
Mar 27, 2009

Madcosby posted:

How many different background colors can be "procedurally generated" before we notice its the same planet over and over?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Diatom posted:

How many different background colors can be "procedurally generated" before we notice its the same planet over and over?

yeah, thats gonna be what makes or breaks that game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Iron Tusk posted:

7 days to lawsuit day everyone!

lol this isn't going to happen. Nothing major is going to happen with Star Citizen and the people against it, lets be honest here. The game will live or die entirely on its own. Probably die.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

I said come in! posted:

lol this isn't going to happen. Nothing major is going to happen with Star Citizen and the people against it, lets be honest here. The game will live or die entirely on its own. Probably die.

Probably true, but I have to say I'm pulling for Uncle Derek to surprise us here.

Diatom
Mar 27, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Think DS said as much...

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Madcosby posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Star Citizen Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Screen Like Nigga Stop Buyin Ships Haha
I wonder what Tyler would think of Star Citizen.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Madcosby posted:

The worse words right now are 'crowd funding' scrub

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
It would be cool if the financials were released and we found out that they splerged all the money on non game stuff. You know, that's the point of getting a bunch of money. However, the backers would defend it with excuses like "oh we knew the risks" and "not all the money I pledged had to go towards the product being advertised, Croberts gotta eat."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

KakerMix posted:

The worse words right now are 'crowd funding' scrub

that or "early access"

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
We live in a world where the "Idea Man" can get rich. 10 years ago, the idea man was laughed out of the industry.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
true. Crowdfunded, early access, and procedurally generated are indeed the worst things ever in the game industry. Funny thing is, all three of them aren't mutually exclusive and combined seem to be the majority.

Like Star Citizen, No Man's Sky is suffering from "we promise this is going to be awesome" vs actually showing us it will be awesome. At least no one has paid for No Man's Sky yet

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Overall there are a lot of lovely trends in video games right now. Just waiting for all of this crap to work itself out and let the dust settle. Gaming always goes through a few crappy trends at any given time. This is no different. Early access, Kickstarter, crowd funding, all of that poo poo is stupid as gently caress and a huge scam.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Madcosby posted:

true. Crowdfunded, early access, and procedurally generated are indeed the worst things ever in the game industry. Funny thing is, all three of them aren't mutually exclusive and combined seem to be the majority.

Like Star Citizen, No Man's Sky is suffering from "we promise this is going to be awesome" vs actually showing us it will be awesome. At least no one has paid for No Man's Sky yet

You're really stupid and should shut up.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

Madcosby posted:

The first game I can think of that really pushed that term as one of their big selling points was Hellgate: London. Funny that.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
What's the name of that other space game with the video of you as captain standing on the bridge and directing your fleet per hologram overlay rts-style ? And at the same time you had those huge bridge monitors showing how your commands are followed by the ships outside.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

Dapper Dan posted:

For anyone wondering wtf is the connection between Gizmondo and Star Citizen, I wrote up an article here:

http://pastebin.com/DDeWufw2

Rofl.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
How dare you!

She is on record stating that she has not had a vacation since Star Citizen began and here you are contradicting that!

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

You're really stupid and should shut up.

lol you are a sucker for advertising

how much did you spend on Star Citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

G0RF posted:

How dare you!

She is on record stating that she has not had a vacation since Star Citizen began and here you are contradicting that!
Purely business.

• Locked thread