Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Verr posted:

day 2 battle: checked rarity
Amoeba
merk

Merk specifically said he didn't target me last night

##vote merk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Here:

merk posted:

I buffed my line this time I think. I can't pull up sent messages on a phone but I didn't want to buff the line with the guy who said he couldn't do anything.

Sorry about being wrong re: Ecco.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Merk specifically said he didn't target me last night

##vote merk

Yeah, but is it Merk lying or Verr lying?

That makes 3 inconsistencies in Verr's post.

To be clear, I thought they were both scum, so this is throwing me for a loop.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Like maybe they worked out a fake claim for him in the scum doc and Verr posted it wrong/messed it up? I dunno.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

King Burgundy posted:

This is super interesting.

So question for you. If you are telling the truth, why didn't you go after The Nabster/Tommunist as scum? Let me remind you what you put down for him in your list:

"Tommunist: D1 "brutal debuffs" asked to be backline"

So the brutal debuffs character targetted Merk and that raised no suspicion?

Dammit good point. Ok so either merk/Tom are scum or Verr is. ##unvote for now, I want to think this over.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'm inclined to believe Verr. Theres no reason he should have known who I targeted night one unless his role is real

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I want to hear from Tommunist.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I kind of believe Verr more than not I think.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did Amoeba say in the other thread what he did during battle?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Little Mac posted:

I'm inclined to believe Verr. Theres no reason he should have known who I targeted night one unless his role is real

Unless you're scum together.

Merk says he buffs the entire line and said he buffed the back line on N2. Verr says he can investigate people in battle to see who targets them and says merk visits Rarity on the front line during N2.

So yeah there's a huge issue here.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

What is your opinion on how the problems I pointed out come to pass then? If you want to wait for Verr to answer, I'm fine with that. I'm just confused how you could come to that conclusion given the problems I've pointed out.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

If you believe Verr more does that mean you now think merk is scum?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Things mean I am going to wait a bit and see what the response is.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Rarity posted:

Did Amoeba say in the other thread what he did during battle?

He didn't come back from the battle, so he's a safe lie for Verr to insert, if this is a lie.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Another inconsistency with Verr is that he isn't going after merk right now. Here is an exchange between Verr and merk.

Verr posted:

merk, you said you buffed me, but is there any way your ability might have affected others?

merk posted:

It impacted the whole row both times.

Verr posted:

neat thanks!

Why doesn't Verr drop a vote on merk at this point? If he's telling the truth about his role then he knows that merk is lying about only buffing the back row.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Well this is grand fun!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I just confirmed I buffed the back/ranged line. I could've been redirected or it could be a lie on the claim.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

merk posted:

I just confirmed I buffed the back/ranged line. I could've been redirected or it could be a lie on the claim.

Does anyone else think this is a weird post?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
What is weird about it?

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I just think it's kind of odd that you don't really address the claim. You don't make any effort to say that Verr is lying and you're sole defense is to shrug your shoulders and say, 'well maybe I was redirected.'

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So if Verr is lying, then Little Mac and Tomm have to be scum with him at the very least. (Little Mac is obvious, but in case it isn't clear, Tomm would be scum for the same reasons. He used Tomm because he knew Tomm would vouch for him as fellow scum)

If he's telling the truth, then he has to have missed multiple signs of scum in the only areas of the game he is paying attention to(or deliberately ignored which would make him still scum with that role) AND busb would have had to mess up his results/or imgay is lying in the other thread. And it would mean Tomm and Merk are possible scum.

I'm seeing the safest possible vote right now as Tomm since he seems to be scum in both scenarios.

##vote Tommunist

Hopefully with further posting from the others we can pin down who we want as the second cuddle candidate.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

TMMadman posted:

I just think it's kind of odd that you don't really address the claim. You don't make any effort to say that Verr is lying and you're sole defense is to shrug your shoulders and say, 'well maybe I was redirected.'

merk posted:

I was looking back at my PM to make sure I didn't mess up my claim.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

KB, i missed that Tommunist connection, i only added him to the list after he jumped in for nabster. got juked by the name swap.

as for merk, idk, he's fishy for me because GP(diqnol) specifically requested merk not be put into battle, and then he died in battle. if merk is an in-combat assassin, he would've hit GP no question right?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Verr posted:

as for merk, idk, he's fishy for me because GP(diqnol) specifically requested merk not be put into battle, and then he died in battle. if merk is an in-combat assassin, he would've hit GP no question right?

Can you clarify what your point is here/what you are saying?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'd lynch Verr/Tomm I guess. I kind of think this is a play to save bowmore. There's really no reason to have claimed.

##vote Verr

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##unvote

This also could have been a mod mistake that I just asked about. I originally targeted the front line with my action but changed it to the back line a few hours later once I remembered that someone claimed they couldn't do anything in the fight. I'm going to hold off until I get confirmation one way or another.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Can you clarify what your point is here/what you are saying?

if we're looking at merk as a baddie, then he definitely killed GP day 1. but who did he kill/attack day 2? was it an unlucky series wound stacks on GP? or can he go from full-health to dead instantly?

i uh, have no problem with the vote on bowmore.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Never mind, I never actually sent the PM targeting the front row. That was just my internal thought. :)

##vote Verr

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

so you didn't target rarity?

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

if this isn't a mod mixup, merks lying. ##vote merk

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I did not target Rarity.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

and you didn't target the front row in any way that would affect rarity?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Verr posted:

and you didn't target the front row in any way that would affect rarity?

I did not target the front row at all.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
The only way I would have targeted Rarity is if I cannot target my own row because my ability is a melee ability:

busb posted:

melee: can target anyone in an adjacent row

Thus, when I specified that I wanted to target my own row, I actually had to target Rarity's row and that's what busb did. I have a mod question out on this right now.

I definitely sent in a PM that said I wanted to buff the ranged/back line.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ugh guys don't ever break your wrists it sucks. I've spent the last 2 hours in bed crying like a weenie.

I like the logic in KB's post about Tom, as for merk/Verr I'm leaning merk but I haven't been able to look as deep as I'd like. Hopefully the painkillers will kick in soon and I'll get a chance.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

hopefully this is just communication issues and we can move on. other than merk lying about this row business i've got no real reason to suspect him. the GP thing could just be incidental.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Verr posted:

hopefully this is just communication issues and we can move on. other than merk lying about this row business i've got no real reason to suspect him. the GP thing could just be incidental.

This is really weird.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
TMM, will you go through and make a substantial case on someone? You have been sniping all game.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

TMMadman posted:

This is really weird.

no you're weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I have to go back to A+E, my cast is too tight. In case I'm not back befor deadline ##vote Tom

• Locked thread