Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Karl_Ramseier posted:

*looks at the last 250 pages of the last SC thread*
*looks at the OP of the new SC thread*

well, I don't know if this whole cult thing is just projection of some sort.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I had a vision today. Star Citizen is real. I've seen it and it's beautiful. And you can see that beauty yourself, if you choose to believe in Star Citizen. Believe in Star Citizen!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Gwaihir posted:

Diablo rifts/dungeons are a random combination of pre-designed pieces so that they fit together in different ways.

And yea, hyperbole aside, so long as there's something else to actually be the focus of the game it's probably OK, but invariably the stuff that actually hypes of procedurally generated XYZ is using that in place of actual content, and not as a background/suplement to it.

I can agree with that, make sure its fun before procedurally generating everything

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The cosmic beauty. It burns my eyes and it melts my brain. I am one with space now. Star Citizen. Star Citizen. All praise Star Citizen. My body shall perish, but my soul shall live on in the 'verse.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol at the pic in the other thread

THE WULGE

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

How much are you in the hole to Croberts for?

0, my packages are gifted. I am 120€ in Elite, but I doubt that counts?

This is your twatter right? You linked it earlier.

Which time were you lying, the time here when you said you hadn't spent anything, or the time on twitter when you said you had concierge ($1000 spent)?

Or are you an early backer who sold lots of LTI ships to suckers on the grey market, made all your money back and hence consider yourself in for $0 but actually still have a few hundred/thousand in ships/packages?

You see if you were really in for nothing you wouldn't care enough to register here and throw snippy comments in from the sidelines. If you want to defend CIG, go right ahead, nobody is stopping you, but grow a pair of balls and stop trying to fool people you don't care.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Paladinus posted:

The cosmic beauty. It burns my eyes and it melts my brain. I am one with space now. Star Citizen. Star Citizen. All praise Star Citizen. My body shall perish, but my soul shall live on in the 'verse.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

*looks at the last 250 pages of the last SC thread*
*looks at the OP of the new SC thread*

well, I don't know if this whole cult thing is just projection of some sort.

You make some good points there, admiral. Please regale us with your internet psychoanalysis expertise.

fake edit: in case someone else wants a crack at this bad boy:

I know it's not perfect, but it could save somebody a bit of time

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Has anyone said Schaden Citizen yet?

Also, is Disco Landers an actual real name?...

Furism
Feb 21, 2006

Live long and headbang
I started the launcher and saw there's a new version out. Also saw that you can buy some special guns with UEC spacebux or REC points. Do I want to buy these guns for my Hornet or are they poo poo? And what's the difference with UEC and REC?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Preemptively 5ing this thread.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Wafflz posted:

Preemptively 5ing this thread.

bold.

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug
You get REC points awarded for services performed to Croberts' hoop.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Furism posted:

I started the launcher and saw there's a new version out. Also saw that you can buy some special guns with UEC spacebux or REC points. Do I want to buy these guns for my Hornet or are they poo poo? And what's the difference with UEC and REC?

uec is the currency you buy with real money right now. REC is what you get from playing the game.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
REC is only used for the renting of jpgs in the pre alpha tech demo

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said
procedural generation is a useful tool but so many people treat it as an end-to-end solution and slap a couple of passes of perlin noise on something then gently caress off down the pub, and that's why it's such a scorned buzzword. stop trying to make algorithms do your entire drat job for you

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

AP posted:

This is your twatter right? You linked it earlier.

[timg]derp[/timg]

Which time were you lying, the time here when you said you hadn't spent anything, or the time on twitter when you said you had concierge ($1000 spent)?

Or are you an early backer who sold lots of LTI ships to suckers on the grey market, made all your money back and hence consider yourself in for $0 but actually still have a few hundred/thousand in ships/packages?

You see if you were really in for nothing you wouldn't care enough to register here and throw snippy comments in from the sidelines. If you want to defend CIG, go right ahead, nobody is stopping you, but grow a pair of balls and stop trying to fool people you don't care.

Now is this doxxing? :downs:

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Oct 26, 2015

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Eonwe posted:

lol at the pic in the other thread

THE WULGE
DS should make an internet warlording wargame 'Derek Smart's Battle of the Wulge'.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

Wulgeus

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

pftc posted:

I've been talking with BoredDellTechnician.

Dolvak is no longer a moderator at r/DerekSmart.

I assume he wanted me to pass the message along.

The way all these citizens keep getting owned by DSmart is really just the best thing. It has to be simply maddening for them.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

SelenicMartian posted:

DS should make an internet warlording wargame 'Derek Smart's Battle of the Wulge'.

I would buy this. Just replace galaxies with websites and planets with usernames. How much of the internet can you conquer! Datamine, and Doxx for resources. Craft those resources into legal threats!

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Wafflz posted:

The way all these citizens keep getting owned by DSmart is really just the best thing. It has to be simply maddening for them.

But, you see, it's all part of Dick Wulf's masterplan to discredit DSmart.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

joats posted:

I would buy this. Just replace galaxies with websites and planets with usernames. How much of the internet can you conquer! Datamine, and Doxx for resources. Craft those resources into legal threats!

..... goon game jam this immediately.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer
OP needs getarefund.gif tiled until it breaks the tables. (don't break the tables).

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Now is this doxxing? :downs:

I removed his name, he linked his twitter earlier.

There's a guy on the RSI forums with almost the same twitter handle who appears to want to contribute towards suing Derek Smart.

At least Karl posting here is out far less money than that guy as he seems to be a "Space Marshall" which I seem to remember costs you a $5000 donation (you get some ships as a free thank you).

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

spacetoaster posted:

Wonder how these guys are doing.

40. loving. k.

:suicide:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I said come in! posted:

lol this isn't going to happen. Nothing major is going to happen with Star Citizen and the people against it, lets be honest here. The game will live or die entirely on its own. Probably die.

It is good and healthy to keep your expectations in check, except when it comes to Star Citizen's demise. It will be fireworks and magic and it will happen all at once, with a gigantic crater left in its wake.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

I removed his name, he linked his twitter earlier.

There's a guy on the RSI forums with almost the same twitter handle who appears to want to contribute towards suing Derek Smart.

At least Karl posting here is out far less money than that guy as he seems to be a "Space Marshall" which I seem to remember costs you a $5000 donation (you get some ships as a free thank you).

an open and shut case of tortoise interference

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

an open and shut case of tortoise interference

tortoises are a protected species here. EPA violations for molesting em.

of course Ive never been into tortoises that way but thats what the law says.. dont molest the turtle-likes.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Now I ain't no game developin' type guy but "Lead technical Designer" sounds pretty important.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Now I ain't no game developin' type guy but "Lead technical Designer" sounds pretty important.

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

SneakyFrog posted:

tortoises are a protected species here. EPA violations for molesting em.

of course Ive never been into tortoises that way but thats what the law says.. dont molest the turtle-likes.

Moral of the story here has to be don't interfere with a tortoise

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Gwaihir posted:

Any time you see the words "Procedurally generated" you can just mentally sub in "Boring and really loving generic" and be completely right 99.99% of the time.

(I'm not actually certain of a procedurally generated system that results in cool and interesting stuff but I'm sure at least one must be out there somewhere).

I wanted to argue with this but I literally couldn't think of a single one. Closest is stuff like FTL but that's really just 'open the door and see which designed encounter you get'.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Yeah, he was a major part of helping them with the cryengine and was on The Last Great Starship (just like Firefly cancelled after one series)

Derek Smart broke the news too which is going to annoy them.

Without this guy how are they going to continue to expertly manipulate Cryengine into doing the impossible like having crosshairs and running well?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

It is good and healthy to keep your expectations in check, except when it comes to Star Citizen's demise. It will be fireworks and magic and it will happen all at once, with a gigantic crater left in its wake.

In all seriousness, if the rumors are true then Star Citizen has been sinking for most of 2015. So it's actually been a slow decline into finally getting that press release that Star Citizen has been canceled.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

alphabettitouretti posted:

I heard that he said he wasn't gonna shave his pubes for no shave november and Sandi was all like "Waaaaaaaaaa?"

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Star Citizen is very much alive and well and healthy thank you very much

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

peter gabriel posted:

The Americans' tanks are burning at the gates of Baghdad and Allah is roasting their bellies in hell

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

peter gabriel posted:

this is all a sneaky plan to eliminate all of you weak in faith, unbelievers in the true word from the promised land that is.....

star citizen.

IMAGINE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Well, I think now is the best time to invest.

• Locked thread