Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
poo poo posting in a new thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Doesn't work too well, that strip was an Elite Dangerous reference (for dropping too close to a star when jumping to a binary system without paying attention)

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Furious Mittens posted:

"Investment" is the chosen terminology of the True Believers, at least until you point out that it's lovely investment scheme. Then it's on to "support" and hand waving down extraordinary amounts of money as "don't care, I can afford to lose that!". Then they will swear up and down that they never thought of it as an investment.

It's not my twitter account, nor did I spend at least $5000, it was my brother in law.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Fried Watermelon posted:

Which member of CIG gets the worst public backlash when the game is canceled?

To everyone outside the cult, Chris Roberts no doubt - the whole loving company mythos is based upon his stardom, of how he came back from retirement to bless us all with the greatest space sim that was, is and ever will be! So when he eventually is forced to put out a letter that says: "I'm putting poo poo on hold, but you see! I'll totally get it done in another decade or so and we totally didn't just go bankrupt, cause only we know our TRUE financials!" yea...everyone on the outside will also place the blame on him, because of the cult of personality he himself has built up until this point.

Of course, to the cultists that will never be the case lol. They'll probably wreck their real lives until they're so far in debt they'll spend their old years in permanent pain, but it's always those snakes in the grass within that are ruinin' errythin' in The Verse! Or those filthy games journalists on the outside! Or goons!

And never themselves or their venerable Christ Roberts.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Oct 26, 2015

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

:chanpop:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Good loving lord dude, I didn't need that much nightmare fuel :stare:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Karl_Ramseier posted:

More blogs and more hot air. As always, mighty internet warlord. And if you take it kindly or not, you are a loving liar. We are all waiting for you to do something since July and we will still be waiting in January.

Sorry about your brain rot, man.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

:thumbsup:

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Dante80 posted:

Doesn't work too well, that strip was an Elite Dangerous reference (for dropping too close to a star when jumping to a binary system without paying attention)

what if the ship in middle was this thread waiting for 2 stars to implode

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Dark Off posted:

what if the ship in middle was this thread waiting for 2 stars to implode

yes, it now works.

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

nobody cares and nobody read any of this

:captainpop:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Regarding my investment:
0$. My packages are still gifted from my brother in law, but he is a concierge backer and I have access to his account. Likewise his twitter account. And vice versa. I wouldn't have a problem to "admit" anything. I paid 120E for ED, 50 for Battletech, Divinity 50€, Aquanox 50€. So one could say I love kickstarter projects.
I would have pledged a constellation package, but I got a nice birthday present, so no need to invest any money, end of story.

Regarding CIG and SC:
At the end of the day they will do whatever they think is appropriate and they only react if the pledge counter slows down. If I think the allegations are true ( I don't) doesn't make a difference.
We are all just producing noise, except the OP, he also produces also a lot of hot air. The escapist had at least the guts to stay behind their article. Mr. Smart just sends some fancy letters. Get the lawsuit going already mighty internet warlord.

Wait, disregard my previous post. My brother and I share this account and he's a bit of a knob.

May I interest you in Bitcoins, my dear friend? It's an internet currency of the future that will make you a millionaire.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

If CIG doesn't start selling more jpgs they're going to run out of money!

I think it costs them $150k/day (8 hours x 261 FTE x ~$72/hr) in staff

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

Here's what you need to know about Chris Roberts. He made a very successful franchise of video games (Wing Commander) which ended in 1996, Roberts always wanted to make movies and prodcued and wrote the horrific 'Wing Commander' movie which was directed by Roberts himself. It was such trash its not even a fun bad movie (well, except maybe the scene where someone gets pushed off a spaceship by a space bulldozer and the Robert's 'Thumbs up!'. That's about it). It was also nepotism in that he founded a studio called Digital Anvil, which did the effects for it. They released one game (Starlancer) in 2000 which was pretty good.

Here is where modern Roberts begins. He announced Freelancer in 1999 and said it would be available by 2000. Due to feature creep, general mismanagement (the project overshot development projections by a year and a half) it was thought of to be vaporware (Sound familiar?). Microsoft bought Digital Anvil and Roberts was basically kicked off the project and remained a consultant. It was extremely different than what was pitched, but it was good and actually got released. He then left the gaming industry for movies. He broke a contract with Kevin Costner, the subsequent lawsuit bankrupted his production company which had to be sold off. He then returned to gaming in 2011, after not having been in the industry for over a decade.

In other creative industries, this typically isn't a problem. Terrence Malick left film for twenty years before coming back to do 'The Thin Red Line', which was nominated for seven academy awards. This is because you can shoot films old school and still be good. With gaming, tech changes at a lightning pace. For example, cards when Freelancer came out were clocked at 375MHz for core and memory (Radeon 9900). To overcome this, obviously you hire people with decades of industry experience. He did this, but never listened to them. He basically has not evolved from his 'Freelancer' mindset, except this time there is no Microsoft to bail him out. The question is, would anyone want to bail him out if possible? What are the legal responsibilities for someone who takes over the project? Do they have to honor every promise CRoberts put in? Do they have to even honor the MMO portion if they just want to make Squadron 42 and wash their hands of everything else? I suspect there's a lot of legal wrangling involved.

There is no way anyone is going to bail him out. Not this time. The industry has changed, the liability is too high - and all this noise isn't going to help.

Publishers won't touch this and only an investor who wants to burn money, would touch this going forward.

Sure, they could probably get loans based on revenue. But guess what, the moment they do that - and it shows up in the financials; now there's a problem of explaining why that was needed and where did the crowd-funded money go. Trust me, this is why they're not likely to show these financials outside of court action.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

CrazyLoon posted:

My friend legit got pics from Wulf_Knight, which I've also personally witnessed go down, former CIG employees say he did it, whoever DS is talking to says he has another person on the horn, another person I talked to in the past claimed it,...

...so all of these people (who never before heard of each others' cases, as evidenced by DS above mixing his case up with that of my friend) are liars and, surely, Mr. Wulge is absolutely on the level here! :psyduck:

DON'T STOP....BELIEEEEEEVIN'!!!!

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.
5 days to November and still nothing happened. No one sued, no one will sue.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.

:frogout:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

D_Smart posted:

Sorry, but I'm NOT going to make their communications to me public in order to prove you wrong. Either you're making this up, or someone is lying to you. As I type this, I have an ENTIRE wall of text in TweetDeck DM of my communications.

I don't take too kindly to being called a liar.

And as I said before, we don't even need their willing testimony. That's what subpoenas are for. Not to mention the RSI forum records and testimonies from the RSI/CIG staff who were party to all of it.

I am pursuing it because people like Wulf Knight, Trevor Noblitt et al are the primary reason why the Star Citizen community is so toxic. And there is nothing on Earth that is going to prevent what I've sent in motion from happening and/or playing out. So everyone needs to just sit back, relax and wait for what comes next.

No offense but you have a history of being a liar. Chances are you are lying about this like you have been with everything else.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

BeefThief posted:

If CIG doesn't start selling more jpgs they're going to run out of money!

I think it costs them $150k/day (8 hours x 261 FTE x ~$72/hr) in staff

But they are still making 30 thousand a day, even without a product. People are literately just stopping by and giving money to them.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Karl_Ramseier posted:

What space career are you going to take up in the verse?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Shut up and stop posting you're 100 times less entertaining than Seraph84, noted bitcoin millionaire and lover of underage children.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Captain Pop-Eyes

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Skoll posted:

poo poo posting in a new thread.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

It had to be a MAX didn't it? Also imgur pulled my images. So up they go again. I would like to encourage goons to save a local copy this time. :)

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 26, 2015

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You really should go and have a nice hot bath, meditate about your actions and then come back and apologise for being such a retarded rear end.
You are doing it so very wrong.

Also, :lurkmore:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Raskolnikov posted:

It had to be a MAX didn't it?

lol

this thread owns, everything owns

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

D_Smart posted:

There is no way anyone is going to bail him out. Not this time. The industry has changed, the liability is too high - and all this noise isn't going to help.

Publishers won't touch this and only an investor who wants to burn money, would touch this going forward.

Sure, they could probably get loans based on revenue. But guess what, the moment they do that - and it shows up in the financials; now there's a problem of explaining why that was needed and where did the crowd-funded money go. Trust me, this is why they're not likely to show these financials outside of court action.

Yeah, that is kind of what I figured. It is too much of goddamn mess and they probably don't want their financial info exposed.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

It had to be a MAX didn't it? Also imgur pulled my images. So up they go again. I would like to encourage goons to save a lot copy this time. :)

MAX Wulge!

MAX DIK!

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
Karl you need to hit the slide and ride the melt itt.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You are not being funny, this is a funny thread.

Think of the funny...

:frogleave:

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
So, I did a thing:

Dead Game Blues posted:

The 'verse is on fire, and there's no captain at the helm
And the stars are all blurred with a thousand cultist suicides
And a Derek Smart howls

CIG is corrupt
And we're on so many drugs
With the starcon on and the refunds ignored

We're trapped in the belly of this horrible game
And the game is bleeding to death

The brown sea has been washed away
And the goons are all leering
And the funding is dead at the bottom of the graph

It went like this:

The jpegs tumbled in on themselves
Whales clutching concept art
Picked through the pixels
And tore up their concierge cards

The 'verse was beautiful on fire
All broken dreams stretching upwards
Everything awash in lies that were false promises

I said to Sandi, "Kiss me, you're beautiful -
We milked these nerds for everything, it is truly the last days."

You ripped out my pubes
And we scammed everyone
Like a ponzi scheme
Or a Gizmondo

We woke up one morning in a non-extradition country
For sure it's the valley of wealth

I open up my wallet
And it's full of tears

It is crap but the crap Star Citizen deserves.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Gentlemen,

I need pngs of cat heads in hats.

Military hats.

Silly hats.

Cowboy hats.

Any hats.

I need your cats with hats.

Everyone.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bootcha posted:

Gentlemen,

Military hats.

Silly hats.

Cowboy hats.

Any hats.

Everyone.

YOU HAVE MY AXE

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

I hope this gets included in the OP, Derek. I don't think there's a more lucid or even-handed summary of semi-recent developments with Star Citizen. It really goes to great pains to avoiding biasing viewers for-or-against the project and its management...

Done!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Bootcha posted:

Gentlemen,

Military hats.

Silly hats.

Cowboy hats.

Any hats.

Everyone.

m'bootcha

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Karl_Ramseier posted:

If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all.

why?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Bootcha posted:

Gentlemen,

Military hats.

Silly hats.

Cowboy hats.

Any hats.

Everyone.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

• Locked thread