Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SneakyFrog posted:

thats a fancy rear end spaceship right there.. what is that a reverse fuzzikation supaspeed drive? poo poo.. baller over there.

Yes, but he crashed it and is now driving this thing around

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Grinning Goblin posted:

Yes, but he crashed it and is now driving this thing around

Eh its ok, a few scrubs over at my place are rocking the MK I and II box-lander too.

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy
This is my roommate's cat. She just lays around, so I thought she'd be a useful cupholder.

I was right.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
They know who I am! :ohdear:

(Also who I am on SA. :dance: )

And they know my videos. :neckbeard:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

The calls are coming from inside the house!!

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bootcha posted:

:neckbeard:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

lol

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Multicrewcat functionality incoming

Meet Commander Skog

He's a Norwegian Forest Cat who likes boxes, tummy scrumbles and fish.
He dislikes selling jpegs for cash.

Here's his sister, Chief Weapons Office Meera

She's a fan of drawers, exceptionally loud purring and fish.
She's a big opponent of Scope Creep.

A hearty welcome to Second Officer Damuzi

He's a Turkish Angora who adores people and is a big help when playing Elite Dangerous. He's not especially keen on fish.
If there's one thing he hates, it's bad Project Management.

Last, but not least meet his son, Mehmet - Chief Engineer.

Mehmet is a big fan of chirping and squeaking, looking like a mess and leaving fur everywhere. Also not keen on fish.
He's pretty easy going but he has a real hatred for excessive cut scenes in games.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

Bootcha posted:

lol so are they vaguely threatening investors now?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bootcha posted:

Which one is their favorite?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

biglads posted:

Multicrewcat functionality incoming

Meet Commander Skog

He's a Norwegian Forest Cat who likes boxes, tummy scrumbles and fish.
He dislikes selling jpegs for cash.

Here's his sister, Chief Weapons Office Meera

She's a fan of drawers, exceptionally loud purring and fish.
She's a big opponent of Scope Creep.

A hearty welcome to Second Officer Damuzi

He's a Turkish Angora who adores people and is a big help when playing Elite Dangerous. He's not especially keen on fish.
If there's one thing he hates, it's bad Project Management.

Last, but not least meet his son, Mehmet - Chief Engineer.

Mehmet is a big fan of chirping and squeaking, looking like a mess and leaving fur everywhere. Also not keen on fish.
He's pretty easy going but he has a real hatred for excessive cut scenes in games.

you have one furry furry krew.

how many kittens worth of hair do you have to brush off of that horde of kats?

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Bootcha posted:

I've got mail!

Bootcha posted:

So your lawyer is reading these as well and laughing right

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

SneakyFrog posted:

you have one furry furry krew.

how many kittens worth of hair do you have to brush off of that horde of kats?

Lots and lots.
And then some more.

Furminator rules.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

if that's an ortwin letter i'd love to see an anonymised version for the legal bullshit

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

Please link the videos. I'd like to judge you.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

CIG BANNED FROM RSI FORUMS FOR DOXXING

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Bootcha posted:

Took them long enough.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Took them long enough.

I figured they always knew. I mean, he posted photos of himself (and his truck) bringing movie props to put in their offices in the SC thread here.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

spacetoaster posted:

I figured they always knew. I mean, he posted photos of himself (and his truck) bringing movie props to put in their offices in the SC thread here.

I figured they never had reason to care TBH. But with all the recent hubub, and Sandi taking it upon herself to watch the goons, well yea...not too hard to put 2 and 2 together, is it?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

Which one is their favorite?

Obviously the one with cult following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtTdI9P8l-c

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just love the fact that CIG have put effort towards linking their customers/backers/VCs to their SA accounts. No other company I know of would actually care about that poo poo.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
hi new thread thank you

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

I grew up in this here thread and dad gummit I'm gonna die here too

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Unfunny Poster posted:

I just love the fact that CIG have put effort towards linking their customers/backers/VCs to their SA accounts. No other company I know of would actually care about that poo poo.

:pgi: the company behind Mechwarrior Online did the same (just to their players).

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I appreciate Star Catizen, but two threads confuse me. Can we have just one, please?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Tank Boy Ken posted:

:pgi: the company behind Mechwarrior Online did the same (just to their players).

Doesn't count; Star Citizen has no players.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Unfunny Poster posted:

Clearly the signs of a healthy and stable company and not one teetering on the brink of ruin.

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
Man have been trying to cash out like crazy for the last two weeks on the gray market and also with a refund.

No luck on either front with CIG saying they gave an unusual number of tickets. Shouldn't be surprising considering the scam they are running.

Thank god for this poor schmuck who bought me out on the gray market this morning.

Internet space ships have a greater rate of return than the stock market.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So long suckers!

(seriously, close this thread)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So Bootcha, is RSI going to give you your money back or not? And what excuse are they giving if they aren't?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

SirPhoebos posted:

So Bootcha, is RSI going to give you your money back or not? And what excuse are they giving if they aren't?

He's a goon, all the excuse they need

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

spacetoaster posted:

(seriously, close this thread)

:agreed:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

:agreed:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Do they know which cat is bootcha's?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

AnonSpore posted:

He's a goon, all the excuse they need

In other words, theft.

I don't know of any jurisdiction where you're allowed to keep a disgruntled investor's money because "HE'S A MEANY!!!", but I could be mistaken.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

SirPhoebos posted:

In other words, theft.

I don't know of any jurisdiction where you're allowed to keep a disgruntled investor's money because "HE'S A MEANY!!!", but I could be mistaken.

What jurisdiction requires a company to refund an investor at all? An investor owns something, a stake in the company. Subject to the terms under which they purchased the equity, which can be substantial for private companies, they can resell that like any other asset. You can't buy shares in a company and then later on just demand a refund, or nobody would ever issue shares. ("Company not going well, I'll just refund instead of sharing in the loss with other owners.")

Bootcha bought a piece of the RSI outcome, and while he may (depending on his stake and the terms) have rights to more disclosure, he's not going to be able to take a mulligan unless there's a civil suit to that effect.

(I've never made an investment that gave me unfettered access to the financial or operational details of the company, but you might have had different experiences -- please share them!)

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Subjunctive posted:

What jurisdiction requires a company to refund an investor at all? An investor owns something, a stake in the company. Subject to the terms under which they purchased the equity, which can be substantial for private companies, they can resell that like any other asset. You can't buy shares in a company and then later on just demand a refund, or nobody would ever issue shares. ("Company not going well, I'll just refund instead of sharing in the loss with other owners.")

Bootcha bought a piece of the RSI outcome, and while he may (depending on his stake and the terms) have rights to more disclosure, he's not going to be able to take a mulligan unless there's a civil suit to that effect.

(I've never made an investment that gave me unfettered access to the financial or operational details of the company, but you might have had different experiences -- please share them!)

I'm just posting out of my rear end.

But I'd be shocked if Bootcha has literally no legal recourse if RSI is going to stick its thumb up at him.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I went away into the real world for the weekend to make £££. Is the game out yet, and should I spend my new riches on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Xaerael posted:

I went away into the real world for the weekend to make £££. Is the game out yet, and should I spend my new riches on it?

I don't want to pretend I'm an expert on all things star citizen but from what I gather the answer is definitely yes.

• Locked thread