Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
That is also season 7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
it was also the only episode written and directed by gillian Anderson so i can't dislike it. You can see what she was trying to do but it was executed horribly

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

watching The Flash

kinda glad that i was able to say "cue: the love interest" only to be vindicated seconds later

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
The Flash is p good. The love interest gets better.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i like the bits where he runs sadly into the camera, bobbing from side to side like the dude's gun in Doom

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
I never realised doom man holds his gin in his left hand

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
his gun too look

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

I got a new (to me) car last weekend and already managed to scrape up my wheel arch on a brick wall that jumped outta nowhere :toot:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bozza posted:

The Flash is p good. The love interest gets better.

its pretty bad tbh but the women :eyepop:

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

bozza there was a marching band from ohio at the nfl game and they were very good and made lots of shapes and stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz5ZaOPCclI

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Party Boat posted:

bozza there was a marching band from ohio at the nfl game and they were very good and made lots of shapes and stuff

Yes but are they ranked in the top 10 in Europe????

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

i watched this show crazy ex girlfriend and i really enjoyed it

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Party Boat posted:

They're v good at the style that they do but it's not even close to top drum corps in terms of sound or visual depth.

For example, one of my favourite ever pieces: https://youtu.be/Zcv7qSQj8i8 listen to the depth of sound that's going on, particularly brass to drums. The hit at a minute in is loving amazing, and then they play the hard stuff while running at 1:40.

This isn't finals clean as it's from a regional but if you watch the first few minutes of this, it's more my sort of style in terms of visual demand (except with 15-20 horns instead of 75...): https://youtu.be/aQZY2fjGuls plus the bass drum runs from 1:45 onwards are 2sick4u.

E: for reference, this is what the best corps in Europe currently looks/sounds like: https://youtu.be/krT5KfMCx6w sound quality is a bit shite, you lose a lot of the bottom end cos it's so drat loud.

Bozza fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Oct 26, 2015

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

oh dear

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Every time someone in here talks about something I can actually contribute to, it ends up being way too many pages back for me to really respond to.

I was gonna explain exactly what processes meat is b/c it came up on my dumb exams for my Chef course thingy. I can't be bothered now though and it's irrelevant. :colbert:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Solefald posted:

Every time someone in here talks about something I can actually contribute to, it ends up being way too many pages back for me to really respond to.

I was gonna explain exactly what processes meat is b/c it came up on my dumb exams for my Chef course thingy. I can't be bothered now though and it's irrelevant. :colbert:

Whether or not pedrickos sausage is cancerous is never irrelevant

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

i had to listen to radio one earlier, and theyre news coverage of the processed meat/cancer thing included a soundbite of a guy in a cafe who said along the lines of "nah its a load of rubbish, i've eaten loads of meat and i dont have cancer"

is this what radio 1 has become lol is this how kids get the news now

- ratjac, aged 28

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Quote-Unquote posted:

Whether or not pedrickos sausage is cancerous is never irrelevant

I can tell you as fact that Pedrickos sausage is riddled, absolutely riddled.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I can believe Ratjac isnt in the superior over 30s crew.

Pedricko of course was born in the 30s.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Solefald posted:

lol who cares how long ago something was posted

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

I had a couple of pints in spoons and played board games.

Just got round to watching "too many cooks"
Only a year late but it was p. awesome

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Goodnight

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Party Boat posted:

they were very good

Bozza posted:

They're v good at the style that they do but it's not even close to top drum corps in terms of sound or visual depth.

For example, one of my favourite ever pieces: https://youtu.be/Zcv7qSQj8i8 listen to the depth of sound that's going on, particularly brass to drums. The hit at a minute in is loving amazing, and then they play the hard stuff while running at 1:40.

This isn't finals clean as it's from a regional but if you watch the first few minutes of this, it's more my sort of style in terms of visual demand (except with 15-20 horns instead of 75...): https://youtu.be/aQZY2fjGuls plus the bass drum runs from 1:45 onwards are 2sick4u.

E: for reference, this is what the best corps in Europe currently looks/sounds like: https://youtu.be/krT5KfMCx6w sound quality is a bit shite, you lose a lot of the bottom end cos it's so drat loud.

CancerCakes
Jan 10, 2006

Any goons who visit manchester should probably check out Albert's Schloss, good beer (Tank Pilsner weisbeer etc) and good food (pork knuckle) and nice people

And they gave us some free booze because they had some teething problems with their POS system

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Jose posted:

vitamins should change his av
:agreed:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Bozza posted:

this is the sort of crazy poo poo we tried but could never quite pull off in my high school band

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

drum corps is v wanky which is why it's better

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
if youre over 30 you might as well be 80 imho

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

XMNN posted:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

XMNN posted:

soz taff

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the converse is not true

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

:mrgw:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I've decided to eat my week's safe ration of red meat in the form of cold roast beef.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

corn in the fridge posted:

I never realised doom man holds his gun in his left hand

he has to he's controlling the mouse with his right hand

Oscar Romeo Romeo
Apr 16, 2010

corn in the fridge posted:

I never realised doom man holds his gin in his left hand

Thanks for not editing this, its given me a wonderful image in my head.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
the solution of course is to buy better meat from a butcher and not a supermarket that hasent been marinaded in cancer chemicals to make it look less shite than it really is. Another solution is monthly boxes (Google meat boxes) where you go in with friends and buy a cow between you and they divvy it up through the year so you don't have to do what my grandparents did which is actually go out and buy a cow and shoot it in the head then send it to great uncle tot to be carved up.

Grandma anecdote: when my mother was 8 she was given a newborn lamb to look after as it's mother had died. After a few weeks of bottle feeding it was ready to go frolic in the fields but used to hang out by the farm gate and follow my mother around like a little dog. Then one sorrowful Sunday morning my grandad asked grandma what they were having for dinner, grandma said "lamb" marched outside, grabbed my mother's pet and slit it's throat in front of her and then served it up for lunch. My mother then got a beating for crying and refusing to eat the lovely meal grandma had made for her. And this is why my mother won't eat lamb. Also why she hates her mother.

In summery: North Yorkshire farmers don't give a single gently caress about your "feelings" whatever they may be, is it that moment when your dog wins at trials?

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Oct 27, 2015

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

learnincurve posted:

the solution of course is to buy better meat from a butcher and not a supermarket that hasent been marinaded in cancer chemicals to make it look less shite than it really is. Another solution is monthly boxes (Google meat boxes) where you go in with friends and buy a cow between you and they divvy it up through the year so you don't have to do what my grandparents did which is actually go out and buy a cow and shoot it in the head then send it to great uncle tot to be carved up.

Grandma anecdote: when my mother was 8 she was given a newborn lamb to look after as it's mother had died. After a few weeks of bottle feeding it was ready to go frolic in the fields but used to hang out by the farm gate and follow my mother around like a little dog. Then one sorrowful Sunday morning my grandad asked grandma what they were having for dinner, grandma said "lamb" marched outside, grabbed my mother's pet and slit it's throat in front of her and then served it up for lunch. My mother then got a beating for crying and refusing to eat the lovely meal grandma had made for her. And this is why my mother won't eat lamb. Also why she hates her mother.

:(

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yeah people who whine about how they are "raised by narcissists" because mummy won't buy them a new iPhone or because they are forced to get off wow and join the family for dinner, want to try growing up on a farm in the 1950s, they would either harden the gently caress up or curl up and die.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

I can believe Ratjac isnt in the superior over 30s crew.

Pedricko of course was born in the 30s.

I was born in December 1989