Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I dropped a vote because the game is literally solved. I can understand quid and TNL hesitating, but I can't understand 100yrs. The odds are very slim that TNL or quid is scum. The last scum is amongst the 3 other players. Since I know I am town, and I am confident quid and TNL are town, it doesn't matter who i vote because if I'm wrong who cares just get the other one tomorrow. If 100yrs is town, they should be sure the scum is between f_v and I and if they're wrong today they make a case on the other one tomorrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fiery is not scum or deserves to win if she is. That opinion is out the window.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Then that means you think I'm the scum. That's the only logic that follows if you're town

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

SirSamVimes posted:

The earth where The Ninth Layer fell trembles slightly, and reforms into the shape of his body. Dirt becomes flesh, and within a minute he draws the first breath of his new life.

The Ninth Layer has returned.

Also shouldn't we talk about this? How and why is TNL alive again?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He had the ability to reincarnate himself

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Also shouldn't we talk about this? How and why is TNL alive again?

Also just realized we actually never knew his flip, which is super unhelpful.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Again, the odds that scum could reincarnate themselves are very low

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

Again, the odds that scum could reincarnate themselves are very low

Yeah. That's true. I've got so many tabs up for my re-reading here that I keep getting new snippets of information all out of order. I just realized that TNL was NKilled. I don't think we've had any vigs outside of MCS (who was dayvig) so it must've been scum killing scum. Unless Section 31's bleeder is something?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Having read the two anyway I would've probably voted Tommunist but TNL is on the level.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

Oh I read back bonezo was undead not a gnome.

Still, undead can't be druids and now you are claiming troll. It's inconsistent claiming.

Quidnose is still scum , either that or he's just really stupid and wrong. (pledge broken :cry:)

I'm starting to lean towards pmush being a good guy and meds being bad.

In my defense of CPig he veered towards Pmush later in his play. I also don't think he'd be so transparent about supporting a scum partner.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I am actually continually flabbergasted that people aren't bringing me up constantly as a lurker. It makes no sense, UNLESS I was scum, because then the scum team could actively ignore the fact that I am lurking to pick up on other people.

But, problem is:

1. I'm not scum
2. If I WAS scum, that would be bad scum play.

So the only thing I can think of here is a scum team saying "let's call out a bunch of lurkers except for quid, who has a good reputation as a good player, so that people are suspicious of him eventually and then see that he's been ignored by a bunch of people a lot, so we have a backup miscuddle with the lurkers."

Wow this is a horrible post Quidnose. What happened?

Also you had some early D1 spats with Cpig, what were your feelings by the end of his tenure?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Wow this is a horrible post Quidnose. What happened?

Also you had some early D1 spats with Cpig, what were your feelings by the end of his tenure?

Self-centered hubris? Who was calling me out, was I right?

I didn't like CPig's responses to my pressure on him but now you're here so I'm kinda "eh" about it.

Honestly with everyone left, the only person I am confident is Town is TNL, and he could still be cult (if I'm believing there is a cult aspect we haven't seen yet which my PM is talking about, which I'm not certain there is).

Kashuno has been scummy and rushed to a vote today, don't like that.
f_v's content is really sparse although early on she was posting a lot and looking like she was contributing, she did that weird callout rapid fire on everyone question thing on D2, then she's been kinda in and out since then, don't like that.
CPig did almost nothing all game but make snide remarks, dont like that.

It's a coin flip for me at this point.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

That's just Cpig's thing. I'm still going through your history and threads that are linked to it. Such as Kash's big list. I did notice he nailed SA as scum on that list.
FV reads much better through post history. You make a good point about empty content generation but I read it as frustration towards the lack of activity and that theory holds up if you think that she's just decided to play less.

I haven't gotten to that point yet but why is it you think there's a cult? And if there were isn't it odd that there isn't more resurrections?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What's this? Also you seemed to have thought that TNL is 3P maybe his resurrection just has to do with that only? Like a survivor of sorts? Still not sure why you think/thought he's 3P.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Kashuno, what is your role again?

100 years too.

I missed this. Cpig wasn't lying when he said he was a goblin hero. I'm just Vanilla horde.

Quid voted a mis-execution on imgay and was definitely against TMM but neither of those things seem fabricated. You seem to be extremely yourself this game if that makes any sense.

What actions have you taken in regards to your recruitment again?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Should've posted this earlier. It got lost between my many open tabs.

Quidnose posted:

I'm going to claim for the sake of information and only because I can do poo poo every other night, and thus being roleblocked last night my role is basically useless at this point.

I am a Priest, and my role is UNCONFIRMED MASON RECRUITER. Once every even night I can recruit people to an unconfirmed masonry.

The caveat is that I am searching for CULT MEMBERS, and if I try to recruit anyone from the cult, they die instead of becoming part of my unconfirmed masonry.

I don't know if legion is this cult, but my role PM suggests that perhaps there was only one cultist to begin with and people are being recruited as we go along.

So I'm not sure what to make of these cop claims. I am basically a brutal cult cop, currently, but my role PM does not mention legion AT ALL, which makes me a little weirded out by Betrayer's very specific Legion searching PM.

Discuss.

This is interesting.

So Legion is Burning Legion. You know who reincarnates like TNL? Phoenix's. Who're made pretty much of fire. But really, that whole reincarnation bit just screams 3P or really rather cult. Have you been roleblocked again?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

For what it's worth, I could see pmush and TMM scum together. Pmush feels like they're floundering right now especially with pmush coming out and saying "yeah they both look scummy right guys? Vote kash" to keep some sus on TMM in case he flips scum, but also pushing pressure off him onto me by making people choose a side in the argument. When I'm at a computer I'll try to build s better case

Kash did this a couple of times. It's weird to think of scum partners before a flip comes, it's just empty speculation and sets up more executions than you should especially when you have no real prior information.

Kash you went from Town Fiery to scum pretty fast. How why?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Do you mean now? If so, I'll be honest and didn't think a out my vote at all. I know it's you or fv and it's impossible to lose so long as TNL and quid back that play, so I didn't bother reading back

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

SA is still a relatively new player; I could see him trying to make a light defense of cpig without making it a big deal.

This seems so at odds with your constant hammering on SA.

Your casing of SA is both your strongest defense since you rode him so hard and flipped scum, but it's also your weakest point. You could've been willfully bussing him. And frankly there are some details that make that a viable option. SA never really makes much effort to address your attacks but also your attacks carry very little weight. You would often say you'd want him dead, and would vote him here and there but ultimately your vote landed elsewhere. If you had wanted him dead you'd of fought for more people to vote alongside you.

The biggest hole in that whole logic is that SA left after N1 and then was modkilled so there isn't all that much to work with but considering the way you treated him I think it could definitely be a bus.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm interested in your continued investigation 100yrs; if you have already concluded that f_v is not scum, why even bother rereading things when the obvious choice is staring you in the face? Why are you stalling?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I've read everything by the living players and then some of the ones that have been dead when I've needed context. I agree that Quid and TNL are town, the latter is at the least 3P of some sort, but he doesn't strike me as a threat.

Afterwards between Fiery and Kash. Fiery has that D2 content generation that feels fake and she drops her vote very quickly here today. I'd probably have to go through it again to pinpoint something.

Kash overall reads better, more like Quidnose in some way, but the fact that he could've been bussing SA cannot be ignored.

Ultimately, I'd probably vote Kash over Fiery on the grounds of the potential bus.

This is probably it for me tonight, but I'll give Fiery another re-read soon. She was the first I read and so now I have much better context having read the others.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Kashuno posted:

I'm interested in your continued investigation 100yrs; if you have already concluded that f_v is not scum, why even bother rereading things when the obvious choice is staring you in the face? Why are you stalling?

My first opinions, and she was my very first one, are often wrong. I read her first because of the alphabet and had a lot less context and feel for the game frankly. Like I just said I need to do another read but I think stepping away from the game for a bit would do me good. My read of her is certainly the weakest and I'm calling her town due the general feel of her posts. I can more comfortably call Quid and TNL town due to evidence presented in the game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Also I don't see it as stalling. We haven't heard from everyone (TNL) and I think discussion is important. We have time and there's no need to make a rash decision.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

fiery_valkyrie (1): Kashuno, Quidnose, Quidnose
100YrsofAttitude (1): fiery_valkyrie

Not Voting (3): 100YrsofAttitude, Quidnose, The Ninth Layer

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 27th, 2015 at 2:10 a.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 5 hours.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That's just Cpig's thing. I'm still going through your history and threads that are linked to it. Such as Kash's big list. I did notice he nailed SA as scum on that list.
FV reads much better through post history. You make a good point about empty content generation but I read it as frustration towards the lack of activity and that theory holds up if you think that she's just decided to play less.

I haven't gotten to that point yet but why is it you think there's a cult? And if there were isn't it odd that there isn't more resurrections?

I was pretty excited for this game at the start but there were so many people not posting that I got frustrated (have you read the bit where Sam modkilled a whole bunch of players?) and lost my interest. Quid picked up the posting where I dropped off and has been interacting consistently with Kash otherwise I dont think there would have been much of game tbh.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Well if TNL resurrected as cult then we have to find the last scum and then deal with him?

I am still not convinced scum and cult are not the same thing because my role PM is so ambiguous but like I said, with janitored flips it's harder to tell.

All I know is that Kashuno is NOT a cult member, because I recruited him successfully and did not murder him.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Quidnose posted:

Well if TNL resurrected as cult then we have to find the last scum and then deal with him?

I am still not convinced scum and cult are not the same thing because my role PM is so ambiguous but like I said, with janitored flips it's harder to tell.

All I know is that Kashuno is NOT a cult member, because I recruited him successfully and did not murder him.

Anyone else you were able to recruit even if they are now dead?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Anyone else you were able to recruit even if they are now dead?

Nope. Roleblocked my first even night, and I can only recruit every other night.

I'm not even really sure why I'm still alive tbh

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Sorry for the lack of posting, been trying to sort out a stressful work-related situation. I'll read things over and get a probably brief post out before the end of the day, but will probably vote f_v the way it's looking.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Remember how I said I had to re-read Fiery given the rest of the game. I have and she's not as town as I once thought. The rapid fire questions and other stuff seem fake like it's been said. I see that now. While Kash could've been doing a bus the simpler answer is that he wasn't.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Fiery's also had a lot of lurker votes after D1 which combined with the endless questioning and less opinions doesn't seem very town.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
Why does it seem fake?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Because you were giving less reads and personal opinions and just trying to get people to say things. While a good attitude about the game and participation it became an easy out. Your D1 was more town when you had absolutely nothing to go on, and lurkers or not you still had more on D2 and yet your output dropped.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

This game had so many people not posting that Sam had to mod kill 4 (5?) players. Yeah my output dropped but that's because I stopped giving a gently caress. And given the volume of posting from everyone I think that's fair to say about every player in this game.

Just lynch me and hit the scum tomorrow. This game is interminable.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, I think Kash is right. I think Magnus was the cult guy.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm comfortable voting f_v today. If we're wrong there, then we'll just have to figure out Kashuno vs. 100years and I am fairly certain 100years is town.

TNL might be a cult member though so we might still lose.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Oh note; fv put a vote down before TNL was rezzd. Seems like a scum push to me

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

##vote f_v

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Quidnose posted:

I'm comfortable voting f_v today. If we're wrong there, then we'll just have to figure out Kashuno vs. 100years and I am fairly certain 100years is town.

TNL might be a cult member though so we might still lose.

If anyone is a member of a cult here it's probably you, let's be real here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Oh note; fv put a vote down before TNL was rezzd. Seems like a scum push to me

How would I know if he was being rezzed or not?

• Locked thread