Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Young Freud posted:

I found this exchange there interesting...

The SCers know that CIG is cutting corners when it comes to their employees.

They only pay Ben in medallions. Beef and Wing Commander medallions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

D_Smart posted:

According to my sources, apparently they have now leased a smaller location which is only going to have less than five or so people. Why? So as not to prove me wrong. Seriously.

Derek C. Hoagland.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
:golfclap:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well that certainly puts things in perspective.

Yeah, should have posted pedo stuff. You'd have had 3 more months to post (minus a 7 day probation). And perhaps had received a friendly visit from some goverment agency as a bonus !

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

I sent chatlogs where Wulf himself sent me the picture of his inbox with his own dickpix to my friend to prove to me that "it wasn't that bad, she is overreacting." Oh and he also told me about how he is 100% straight but sometimes he just needs a little dick. Sadly I deleted everything dickwulf in an attempt to not be a goon but I can't deny my nature in the end. :)

There are other ways to express your nature, rather than wasting time by keeping files on losers like Wulf tho...

...but...maybe that's a part of goon nature. To incessantly milk the laughs out of even inconsequential losers like him... :(

Not to say he doesn't deserve it, but still...

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sarsapariller posted:

Executive Producer Eric Peterson

Executive Producer Alex Mayberry

Associate Producer Travis Day

Concierge Customer support Chelsea Day

Community Manager James Pugh

Associate Marketing Producer Alyssa Delhotal

Production Coordinator Lisa Ohanian

DevOps Engineer Jeffrey Parker

Lead Character Artist David Jennison

Senior Gameplay Programmer Tom Davis

Senior 3D Artist Paul Forgy

Lead Technical Designer Dan Tracy

*The entire F42 character design team*

Last we checked, 147 people had come and gone. Right now, aside from Dan leaving, I am sitting on 7 high profile names which I can't make public until they do (e.g. LinkedIn). Most have already found work already and just waiting out the holiday season.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

CrazyLoon posted:

There are other ways to express your nature, rather than wasting time by keeping files on losers like Wulf tho...

...but...maybe that's a part of goon nature. To incessantly milk the laughs out of even inconsequential losers like him... :(

Not to say he doesn't deserve it, but still...
Frankly I want him to never do this again to another person in his life. That is my goal. Right now he is trying to play it off like this is all a photoshop. It isn't though.

edit: also CIG is complicit in this allowing him a slap on the wrist. Beer posts a parody thread and get banned for 10+ years for an OFF SITE post. Meanwhile CIG defends Wulf because the dickpics happened OFF SITE so they have no say in the matter.

Convenient doesn't begin to explain it. CIG is pretty rotten, or at least the community team that looked at this issue back in Sept 2014 and Oct 2014.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Oct 26, 2015

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

D_Smart posted:

Back at the hive, a thread about this was closed in under 10 posts. Apparently not even $93m+ can buy you a decent spellchecker.

This needs to be preserved

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

D_Smart posted:

Last we checked, 147 people had come and gone. Right now, aside from Dan leaving, I am sitting on 7 high profile names which I can't make public until they do (e.g. LinkedIn). Most have already found work already and just waiting out the holiday season.

Wow. Well, good on you for letting them announce it first. In the context of a big development company, how normal is this? I mean I work in a development office with about 30 full time people and we see maybe two turn over in a year, but I imagine it would increase at a greater than linear rate as the office got bigger.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Raskolnikov posted:

Frankly I want him to never do this again to another person in his life. That is my goal. Right now he is trying to play it off like this is all a photoshop. It isn't though.

Given that he's gone through poo poo like electro-shock therapy, and that it apparently didn't work and he's still a depressed sad sack that spreads his misery, that all this and more has been submitted to CIG and yet they continue to encourage him...

...well, poo poo...maybe your only hope for that goal of yours truly is Derek Smart!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

psssh nothing personell kid

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

So...the big takeaway from these threads is that I should buy the biggest star citizen ship bundles as soon as I can because I will otherwise regret it later, right?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

psssh nothing personell kid
Croberts likes his "personell" like he likes his anti-personellEMP mines - cut open and transparent.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Grinning Goblin posted:

So...the big takeaway from these threads is that I should buy the biggest star citizen ship bundles as soon as I can because I will otherwise regret it later, right?

Indeedy. get on it pronto before the limited edition jpgs are gone.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Well that certainly puts things in perspective.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Jul 20, 2016

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Grinning Goblin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLANLzerfa0

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

SneakyFrog posted:

Indeedy. get on it pronto before the limited edition jpgs are gone.

you laugh but imgur is gonna delete them all

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

G0RF posted:

So am I correct in assuming pedo-art is a slap on the wrist offense, while speaking ill of chris or sandi with good cause is a terminable one?
Pedo poo poo A-OK, Dick Pics, fine, mess with the cash flow in a very very limited manner? WTF banned.

The White Dragon posted:

you laugh but imgur is gonna delete them all
:lol:

CrazyLoon posted:

...well, poo poo...maybe your only hope for that goal of yours truly is Derek Smart!

I hope he does have another case of harassment dismissed by CIG. Sucks to be her and her family but that right there is a precedent.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 26, 2015

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Can someone also link the SFD victory banner/sig they always use?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Bootcha posted:

Can someone also link the SFD victory banner/sig they always use?

I smell an effortpost... or effort something..

you better share spaceperson.

Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

A Neurotic Jew posted:

all according to keikaku

What a sad, pathetic little puppetmaster.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Brb leveraging all my underworld help desk contacts to take down an internet warlord.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

This guy seem like a terrible individual, a real bad poster and his extended family are likely bad too.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's me all along, I am:

Dik Wulf
Chris robots
Derek

And more.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Everything is fine Citizen.

Off to SPAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEE!

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

peter gabriel posted:

It's me all along, I am:

Dik Wulf
Chris robots
Derek

And more.

Derek is an account created by Chris robots to scare backers into giving him more money, it's the perfect crime!!!

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

peter gabriel posted:

It's me all along, I am:

Dik Wulf
Chris robots
Derek

And more.

Wow you had me convinced it was all different people. You should go into theater.

Fix the lame rear end OP.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

This guy seem like a terrible individual, a real bad poster and his extended family are likely bad too.

Hey reddit brown sea, archive this!

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Dude don't wanna tangle with a big fish.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

joats posted:

Wow you had me convinced it was all different people. You should go into theater.

Fix the lame rear end OP.

It was hard work but worth it to make you guys all think there were some issues with Star Citizen, sorry for fooling you all though!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I don't even know what's happening with this any more but I'm sure it's wonderful.

Goon bless.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

AP posted:

I know that some terrible brown sea poster is reading this right now so this post is for you, brave knight:

I just want you to know that it would make my day if you took a screenshot of AP's post here and posted it in a thread so we can in turn take another screen shot of it and so fourth.

Go on buddy I know you're probably super angry about people making fun of your theoretical space game but take a minute out to have a sense of humour and lets run this meta screenshot thing into the ground.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

One question remains: Is that the account of Karl Ramscheiss or his equally dumb brother friend distant friend?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Grand Prize Winner posted:

That's pretty much it. The hilarity comes from the fact that we *don't* know what's going on, except the project is at the very least deeply troubled, and if you believe Derek Smart, on the verge of imminent collapse. There are some people posting here who know more than what they're letting on.

The dick pics and Reddit/SA flamewar is an amusing side-drama. And it's a crowdfunded project so the implications are bigger than if it was some big corporation losing money.

You've got to hop on the :bandwagon: and ride.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I don't even know what's happening with this any more but I'm sure it's wonderful.

Goon bless.

what do you want to happen? For a small ship purchase they will add whatever it is you dream into the game. Well worth it friend.

• Locked thread