Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

this is my cat

she gets in cabinets sometimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?

Five compartments are flooded. Some people are getting life jackets. Everyone else is talking about how amazing New York is going to be.

The dinner menu looks amazing.

Dessert Rose
May 17, 2004

awoken in control of a lucid deep dream...
Hey has anyone said star shitizen yet?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I really don't care. If there is any evidence then he should go to the police or his lawyer and stop posting stupid blogs about how he will destroy everything and then just do nothing at all. Until now, there is no legal action besides this stupid non signed letters of his backyard attorneys.
5 days to November and still nothing happened. No one sued, no one will sue.

Hey Karl, are you and your brother in law Matilda2013 on reddit too? I mean loving small world but if the pool of legitimate arse end crazy cultists is only half a dozen or so, how many could be from Germany right?

It would explain the rather strange focus Matilda2013 has on me considering I don't post there.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

Eonwe posted:

this is my cat

she gets in cabinets sometimes

please give back my favorite kitty i will pay his ransom in jpegs

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Anyone interested in an Aurora? Never been used. Been sitting in a virtual hanger.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Dusty Lens posted:

Five compartments are flooded. Some people are getting life jackets. Everyone else is talking about how amazing New York is going to be.

The dinner menu looks amazing.

Some people have criticised the dinner menu for being mostly jpegs of meals that they have yet to work out what the ingredients are yet.

These people have been forcibly silenced.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

I just want you to know that it would make my day if you took a screenshot of AP's post here and posted it in a thread so we can in turn take another screen shot of it and so fourth.

This would be good.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Mr. Derek Smart, can you sue my childhood bully for me, please?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Bootcha posted:

Can someone also link the SFD victory banner/sig they always use?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Here is my kitty recently rescued from a pound and just on the mend from an upper respiratory infection.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Paladinus posted:

"Childhood bully"

Derek would probably need a town, date of birth, and school they went to.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?

I don't think I've ever summarized before so here goes:

A month or two ago Derek Smart showed up with a bunch of allegations about mismanagement and poo poo going down at the highest levels of CIG. The project was already on shaky ground around here due to missing every single projected date and essentially running in continual fund raising mode for 3 years, picking up 90 million with nothing to show for it. Over the course of the next month, basically everything that DS alleged that could be proven, was proven, mostly relating to firings and internal behavior. CIG's responses grew increasingly weird and erratic. They went from ignoring him to banning/refunding him to summarily firing "Traitors" to threatening a journalist who covered some of this with legal action. Not making this up. His campaign did get them to begrudgingly open up the refund gates though, and everyone in this thread who still had any money in the game promptly got it out. This all culminated in a ludicrous "Citizen Con" event where they basically got up on stage and revealed that they had gently caress-all to show for the last year's worth of development- then Chris Roberts spit on a cake, cut it up and served it to people while the attendees sang happy birthday. Still not making this up.

Along the way there have been several sideshows involving people posting recipes, an insane bitcoin-rich pedophile who keeps buying accounts and avatars to "Troll" with, another spacerich guy who likes to send ship packages and pictures of his penis to women, the increasingly reality-detached star citizen subreddit, and DS himself taking all comers in a no holds barred twitter slap fight.

Oh also a numbers account tweeted a link to Derek Smart that lead him to discover a number of highly-placed people at Foundry 42 were formerly part of the Gizmondo catastrophe and may or may not be involved with the Swedish mafia. Still not making it up.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

here is some pho i had, it was 'dirty' pho which means they seared the meat instead of putting it in raw

p good

so this place is like a vietnamese-american fusion restaurant i guess you could say

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Here is my kitty recently rescued from a pound and just on the mend from an upper respiratory infection.

Did Wulf send a dick picture to your cat too?

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

Sarsapariller posted:

Wow. Well, good on you for letting them announce it first. In the context of a big development company, how normal is this? I mean I work in a development office with about 30 full time people and we see maybe two turn over in a year, but I imagine it would increase at a greater than linear rate as the office got bigger.

http://www.compensationforce.com/2015/03/2014-turnover-rates-by-industry.html

roughly 15 % for the whole industry on a yearly basis.

http://www.thehrdirector.com/business-news/hr_in_business/staff-turnover-and-attrition-fall-salaries-up-in-games-industry/

Computer game industry.

Go figure yourself, I would be impressed if you can up with a rough estimate what would be normal for CIG's employment turnover. Keep in mind CIG was a start up and they pay less than average.
And don't forget we are at least 4 years in production according to our mighty internet warlord.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

here is some pho i had, it was 'dirty' pho which means they seared the meat instead of putting it in raw

p good

so this place is like a vietnamese-american fusion restaurant i guess you could say

thought you were still posting cats for a second.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

Paladinus reveals his childhood bully was Derek.

The warlord silently stares deep into the bathroom mirror as a single tear rolls down his cheek and signs the paperwork.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

One question remains: Is that the account of Karl Ramscheiss or his equally dumb brother friend distant friend?

I don't want to dox anyone as that would be bad, but did anyone really believe the brother-in-law thing?

Imagine spending over $5000 on a potential space game and being too embarrassed to admit it here, we're all friends we all make silly little mistakes like giving Chris Roberts a lot of money, "take your 12 little separate companies and spend it wisely Chris".

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
That pho looks loving amazing. Also can someone explain the whole shaved thing?

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Go figure yourself, I would be impressed if you can up with a rough estimate what would be normal for CIG's employment turnover. Keep in mind CIG was a start up and they pay less than average.
And don't forget we are at least 4 years in production according to our mighty internet warlord.

Does it still count as a start up with 93 million dollars?

Beef Hardcheese
Jan 21, 2003

HOW ABOUT I LASH YOUR SHIT

jabro posted:

Anyone interested in an Aurora? Never been used. Been sitting in a virtual hanger.

For sale
Aurora Marque
Never flown

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

AP posted:

Hey Karl, are you and your brother in law Matilda2013 on reddit too? I mean loving small world but if the pool of legitimate arse end crazy cultists is only half a dozen or so, how many could be from Germany right?

It would explain the rather strange focus Matilda2013 has on me considering I don't post there.

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Omi-Polari posted:

That's pretty much it. The hilarity comes from the fact that we *don't* know what's going on, except the project is at the very least deeply troubled, and if you believe Derek Smart, on the verge of imminent collapse. There are some people posting here who know more than what they're letting on.

Although, and here's the thing, some of us that have been part of all the hubub for 2 years or 3 now do bring up this poo poo, and everyone just forgets it later on and asks the same question again.

On that note, feel free to update the OP with my own spergpost that's a recap of most of the RSI forums/community drama of years 2013 and 2014 that I witnessed and summarized, tia Derek, here's the link:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=465#post451430132

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

You're Octopode's parachute account?

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Oct 26, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

http://www.thehrdirector.com/business-news/hr_in_business/staff-turnover-and-attrition-fall-salaries-up-in-games-industry/

Computer game industry.

Why do you keep writing "we" all the time? Do you need to hide your awful decisions by claiming they represent all of CIG/brown sea? Or do you share your account with someone?

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Why do you keep writing "we" all the time? Do you need to hide your awful decisions by claiming they represent all of CIG/brown sea? Or do you share your account with someone?

What if he's part of THE ORGANISATION? :tinfoil:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Does anyone know how many top level producers have graced CIG with their presence ?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Karl_Ramseier posted:

are you Poirot or something like that? Or a famous singer? Am I in the right ball park?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Computer game industry.

nobody cares

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

are you Poirot or something like that? Or a famous singer? Am I in the right ball park?

http://poitot.com/

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Eonwe posted:

p good

Have you had the Dorito-Viche? Was it good?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

wait are you really matilda2013? the guy that promised dolvak help, financially or otherwise?

like what does that mean, otherwise
:heysexy:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

nobody cares

I dunno, it was a fascinating post, a real doozy, a literal AYE CaRMUBA moment, a game changing post, a real ajh\fkh

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Hey "Karl" serious question. What would it take for you to stop believing in star citizen? Like, a refund-me-right-now-this-is-too-hosed-up level of lost belief?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

jabro posted:

Can I see a picture of it?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I knew it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HexDog posted:

i actually haven't, the dalat rolls are so good that its hard to not get them

like the picture says they fry up a pork egg roll then wrap it up in a spring roll

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

HexDog posted:

I was about to ask him to not post more food like that because us space poors can't afford it, but now I am also intrigued.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
What is a pork egg?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Computer game industry.

yeah sure turnover happens, especially in the lower echelons, but it doesn't look good when they are bleeding producers since they still haven't really produced anything

croberts is totally molyneuxing this up

• Locked thread