Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

What is a pork egg?

You see when one pork egg roll loves another pork egg roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

peter gabriel posted:

What is a pork egg?

well you see when one pork loves another pork very much

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib
Jesus Christ I leave for a weekend, and find I'm 1500 posts behind on even a new thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Shala posted:

:frogon:

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:slick:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Woah

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

evilmiera posted:

I was about to ask him to not post more food like that because us space poors can't afford it, but now I am also intrigued.

its a pretty reasonably priced restaurant IMO

haven't had the dorito viche tho

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer
A bit unrelated, but is this the thread where I can get one of those sweet spinning elephant avs?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

Hey, I thought it was funny. I mean I can't know for sure obviously, but I think there's a high probability that you are the German RSI crazy person, the German reddit crazy person and the current SA crazy person. Considering you all post the same poo poo, archive SA posts and appear to be crazy, you're from Germany right?

Problem I have is that if you are, then you've already lied about spending $0 on Star Citizen, so I won't believe a denial. So be a pal and confirm it because that's the only way I'll doubt it.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
^^^^
Not everyone from germany is a NAZI crazy! :colbert:

Paramemetic posted:

Jesus Christ I leave for a weekend, and find I'm 1500 posts behind on even a new thread.

You're not behind. You have wonderful content ahead of you. I'm sure you'll have less than 2 weeks of posts to deal with.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 26, 2015

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bundle of Keys posted:

A bit unrelated, but is this the thread where I can get one of those sweet spinning elephant avs?

yeah just wait for seraph to reregister, you'll know him because he isn't even more unfunny than the average goon and people will start making jokes about how he is a pedo

just piss that guy off and he'll buy you an avatar, possibly of an elephant

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Yes, we are one hive mind. Now you only need to link everything together. C'mon you can do it.

LEAVE BEER ALONE
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nn3g5/drama_megathread/cvs7ls2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Eonwe posted:

At first I really thought that you had shopped it. You have to try it now and review it for us.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hey "Karl" serious question. What would it take for you to stop believing in star citizen? Like, a refund-me-right-now-this-is-too-hosed-up level of lost belief?

Look there is no proof you can provide that a brainwashed person won't immediately denounce as incorrect, misinformed, or all-out lies, all while claiming to remain unbiased.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

HexDog posted:

At first I really thought that you had shopped it. You have to try it now and review it for us.

i will do this thing the next time I go and provide a trip report

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Where is this reasonably priced restaurant located? Cause that poo poo looks delish.

(I'm really just trying to doxx you bro, no worries.)

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
What the gently caress the refund gif is down :krakken:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

^^^^

I love you ken, you know I didn't mean that.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Karl_Ramseier posted:

http://www.compensationforce.com/2015/03/2014-turnover-rates-by-industry.html

roughly 15 % for the whole industry on a yearly basis.

http://www.thehrdirector.com/business-news/hr_in_business/staff-turnover-and-attrition-fall-salaries-up-in-games-industry/

Computer game industry.

Go figure yourself, I would be impressed if you can up with a rough estimate what would be normal for CIG's employment turnover. Keep in mind CIG was a start up and they pay less than average.
And don't forget we are at least 4 years in production according to our mighty internet warlord.

Turnover is extremely varied during production cycles in video games. You get very large fluctuation in staff numbers at the beginning and end of projects as people get mass hired and laid off as they are no longer required.

What you don't usually see is a gradual and constant bleeding of top level employees such as producers, executives and other senior staff throughout the project. These people are generally there from the start and may move on as the project nears the end.

Taking on new senior staff in the middle of a project is going to be a major burden no matter how you cut it.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AP posted:

Hey, I thought it was funny. I mean I can't know for sure obviously, but I think there's a high probability that you are the German RSI crazy person, the German reddit crazy person and the current SA crazy person. Considering you all post the same poo poo, archive SA posts and appear to be crazy, you're from Germany right?

Problem I have is that if you are, then you've already lied about spending $0 on Star Citizen, so I won't believe a denial. So be a pal and confirm it because that's the only way I'll doubt it.

You can tell he is German from his posting style, I am an expert at spotting Germans in many scenarios

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

A German with an obsession with a single charismatic individual that totes a party line of obedience?

Why I never.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Shala posted:

Where is this reasonably priced restaurant located? Cause that poo poo looks delish.

(I'm really just trying to doxx you bro, no worries.)

Its near downtown Dallas

its called Dalat

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

I'm glad this long national nightmare has come to an end but why in the hell did they feel the need to split my refund between PayPal and Stripe :psyduck:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Also they totally didn't deactivate my account :ssh:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The OP is broke again.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

3 posted:

I'm glad this long national nightmare has come to an end but why in the hell did they feel the need to split my refund between PayPal and Stripe :psyduck:

when you get the refund, be sure to let us know who the payor was

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

3 posted:

:toot:

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

The OP is broke again.

Lets hope his lawyers can craft a decent OP for the judge at least, poo poo.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Sedisp posted:

A German with an obsession with a single charismatic individual that totes a party line of obedience?
Why I never.
And especially if that person has a funny accent :godwinning:

AP posted:

I love you ken, you know I didn't mean that.

It's all fun :). If I take offense, I'll be more direct ;).

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

The OP is broke again.

i wonder if papa lowtax would host those particular images for us in this trying time

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

3 posted:

be sure to check which amongst CIG's many satellite companies end up giving you your refund(s).

e;fb.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

Over the course of the next month, basically everything that DS alleged that could be proven, was proven, mostly relating to firings and internal behavior. CIG's responses grew increasingly weird and erratic. They went from ignoring him to banning/refunding him to summarily firing "Traitors" to threatening a journalist who covered some of this with legal action. Not making this up. His campaign did get them to begrudgingly open up the refund gates though, and everyone in this thread who still had any money in the game promptly got it out. This all culminated in a ludicrous "Citizen Con" event where they basically got up on stage and revealed that they had gently caress-all to show for the last year's worth of development- then Chris Roberts spit on a cake, cut it up and served it to people while the attendees sang happy birthday. Still not making this up.
This was the most important thing. Me: never backed Star Citizen, was never interested. But CIG's overreaction to Derek Smart set off all the red alert sirens. You had to have been in the thread to witness it. Chris Roberts posted a stream-of-consciousness letter attacking Derek Smart and The Escapist, which is one of the goddamned craziest things I've seen a company CEO do. Then there was the aforementioned "Citizen Con" event and what you said.

Now Derek is promising Armageddon. Is he talking out of his rear end? Will he soon be proven right? Stay tuned in this thread to find out!

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
They took my GIFS!

No more floating butts and wobbly legs!

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
so lol, are there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Eonwe posted:

so lol, is there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

Wtf are they reporting? The refund gif?? What possible reason would they have to do that?

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Eonwe posted:

so lol, are there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

Page 1 is slowly succumbing.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

AP posted:

The Germans are nuts about sims and space games. Absolutely crazy for them. I'm surprised there's not more posters like him.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

internet works not liek that doods

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Tank Boy Ken posted:

^^^^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwpzvZMK2lk

• Locked thread