Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

AP posted:

Wow, Dickwulf sounds totally broken, I actually feel sorry for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Nicholas posted:

when you get the refund, be sure to let us know who the payor was

PayPal refund was Cloud Imperium Games Coproration, waiting 5 potential days for the CC refund to see where it comes from.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Eonwe posted:

so lol, are there really some weird people within this cult mass reporting imgur photos to get them auto removed? ahahahahah

They really love jpegs so they're hitting us where they think it'd hurt the most

If they take Gary away through :argh:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Tank Boy Ken posted:

It's all fun :). If I take offense, I'll be more direct ;).

Ken, can you help break through to Karl? I'm worried about him, I think he's got a bad case of the Citizens.

How do you say "Wake up and stop being a crazy cultist" in German?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
Best part of CitizenCon:

:wtchris: There will be no more dates! Not that most of us nerds get any dates either way...
:pray: YEAH! :homebrew:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Berious posted:

They really love jpegs so they're hitting us where they think it'd hurt the most

If they take Gary away through :argh:

This is really a war between the mighty GIF and the insidious JPEG.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

internet works not liek that doods

Look, if there's one group of people who know about jpegs and stuff not materialising it's the Citizens

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
ahaha loving :lol: so they actually did deactivate my account but since i never logged out of the brown sea i can still post just fine, i just can't access my account settings

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

3 posted:

ahaha loving :lol: so they actually did deactivate my account but since i never logged out of the brown sea i can still post just fine, i just can't access my account settings

Goatse, you know what must be done

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

oops found it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

internet works not liek that doods

there are lots of websites that autoremove content if there are multiple reports or a DMCA filing

for example they mass reported derek smart on twitch and got his account suspended

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beef Hardcheese posted:

For sale
Aurora Marque
Never flown

:golfclap:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
wheress my god damned gizmodo connection article derek

where is it

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dusty Lens posted:

Five compartments are flooded. Some people are getting life jackets. Everyone else is talking about how amazing New York is going to be.

The dinner menu looks amazing.

The folks who already swam to shore are starting to wonder about the people throwing their luggage into the furnace.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

It's could be either CIG sending legal threats to IMGUR, or cultists mass reporting. Or both.

I'm so glad Reddit has it all archived.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Oct 26, 2015

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Best part of CitizenCon:

:wtchris: There will be no more dates! Not that most of us nerds get any dates either way...
:pray: YEAH! :homebrew:

This was the weirdest thing watching the video of it. Chris Roberts gets on stage and says he will no longer give dates on when things will finish because everyone gives him poo poo about it when he inevitably misses them and then the audience cheered? Like why? Hurray! this game is never coming out! It really drives home the not a cult thing.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The forum does have an attach function, so it would probably be a good idea to store some of these gems that way.

I literally have never seen anyone use it tho'.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Vire posted:

This was the weirdest thing watching the video of it. Chris Roberts gets on stage and says he will no longer give dates on when things will finish because everyone gives him poo poo about it when he inevitably misses them and then the audience cheered? Like why? Hurray! this game is never coming out! It really drives home the not a cult thing.

I wish it worked like this in construction.

Look, gently caress, I'm not gonna give a date on when this building is completed because y'all are bitching too much.
*applause*

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

AP posted:

Ken, can you help break through to Karl? I'm worried about him, I think he's got a bad case of the Citizens.

I think he has a rather bad case of Pubbilitits Inferiatis. Combined with Lowerium Brainicum.

One would be "Den Kopf aus dem Sand ziehen" which isn't dealing with the cultist side of the statement. Though it does address the issue of not wanting to see the cracks in the hull.
http://www.dict.cc/englisch-deutsch/ostrichism.html or https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/ostrichism

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The folks who already swam to shore are starting to wonder about the people throwing their luggage into the furnace.

if the captain hadn't kicked you off the boat for criticizing his sailing would you be on the shore or throwing your luggage into the furnace right now

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
It's kinda amazing in all these gifs that are getting posted the game somehow runs worst and buggier than stock crysis. How does that happen? I don't know a lot about coding do they have to rip out working systems to make it a space ship game?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Eonwe posted:

there are lots of websites that autoremove content if there are multiple reports or a DMCA filing

for example they mass reported derek smart on twitch and got his account suspended

well, yeah, but it's a pretty sure way to ensure that the pics stay online forever

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vire posted:

It's kinda amazing in all these gifs that are getting posted the game somehow runs works and buggier than stock crysis. How does that happen? I don't know a lot about coding do they have to rip out working systems to make it a space ship game?

so here is how it works

you have an FPS with working crosshairs
you hire people to do thing
you have an FPS with non-working crosshairs

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

well, yeah, but it's a pretty sure way to ensure that the pics stay online forever

yea

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Go fix your front page posts guys, GIFs will reign supreme once more:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SneakyFrog posted:

DEREK OP STILL SUCKS, do you need us poor plebeians to make it all whizbang sexy for you or can you get your social media person on it?

this is important PR

It looks like either CIG staff or White Knights are flagging them for removal. In fact, they no longer even appear in my imgur account. So much for memes.

If you guys have other host links where they won't do this poo poo, lmk.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?

gently caress it, for the enjoyment this thread has given me, i owe it one. i give you, the new viewer a quality, albeit semi dramatized TL:DR

Once upon a time there was a kickstarter for a happy little game

The game was a happy spaceship game that started off wanting to be the BEST spaceship game it could!

People liked the happy spaceship game so they gave it lots and lots of money

OH BOY! the little spaceship game thought, and promised to be the best game ever!

BUT LITTLE SPACESHIP GAME some people said, I cant enjoy this game without *insert loving anything possible your evil drunken pedophile twin would want*

The little spaceship, for some dumb loving reason said OK!

so the little spaceship game grew

and grew

and grew

Little by little, and bit by bit the little spaceship game got bigger.

one day the little spaceship game looked in the mirror and realized holy poo poo! I'm not a little spaceship game anymore!

IM A FAT LIFE SIMULATOR IN SPACE 5000 MEGA EDITION

by then it was too late.

The little spaceship game bought a sweet rear end hat with "money" on it

and started allocating resources for the game

I SHALL HIRE MY FAILED ACTRESS WIFE AS AN EXECUTIVE! the little spaceship game thought excitedly

I SHALL GET STARS, AND MOCAP, AND INDUSTRIAL LIGHT AND MAGIC TO DO THE VFX!

and the little spaceship game got so happy, it was hookers and blow time!

after the drug fuelled orgy, chri--er the little spaceship game was tired

He went to bed with one company, why does he this morning have loving 7?

He wanted coffee.

Not just coffee, coffee that matched his drugged up fuckfest the previous evening

40k BAM, SEXOCOFFEERAMA

then the little space game had a thought, a perfect thought, a thought that was both evil and brilliant.

WHAT IF I JUST KEEP SELLING BIGGER AND BETTER FAKE THINGS BEFORE I EVEN ESTABLISH ANYTHING RESEMBLING A WORKING PRODUCT?

an evil, and brilliant and perfect idea.

and for a while, it was.

people gave the little spaceship game hundreds, then thousands, then tens of thousands of dollars!

all happy in his new adoring cult of personality, the little space game kept adding tons of oversight to his project, redoing tons of what sensible and rational people would call, done.

then all of a sudden... delays came.. the game wasnt going to be out on schedule!

OH NO the little spacegame thought

I AM hosed, AND MY WIFE WHO IS THOUGHT OF AS AN OPPORTUNIST MIGHT LEAVE ME FOR A NON FAT GUY-ER SPACESHIP

Then he had a brilliant idea.

two magical words...

two weeks

BRILLIANT the little spacegame thought

I CAN MAKE TWO WEEKS LAST FOREVER!

welll..... the little spacegame couldnt.

it was hosed.

It was then, when all hope seemed lost, that another pivotal moment happened.

the crotch incident.

a member of a little spaceship games staff, had taken offence at sand-er a little spaceship games wife's policy of no crotchal mane at the office.

she felt that her hooh-ha was unprotected from the elements

Sand-er a little spaceships wife killed her with a $8000 figurine of a little spaceship game riding a rocket ship.

questions were not asked deeply about the incident as the cops all agreed, crotch hair was p gross.

then a little spaceships wife was accused of being racist, she calmly responded to the issue and didnt surround herself with black dudes for any other reason than freaky sex.

then something that hosed a little spaceship game's life happened completely

he picked a fight with a powerful information superhighway warlord named Battlecruiser 3000

Battlecruiser 3000 is a world renowned dance master.

He invented dancing.

and a little spaceship game couldnt dance.

Battlecruiser 3000 started poo poo talking on his blog, a move he knew no one could resist, after all who could possibly respond to criticism on the internet with any intelligence at all?

Battlecruiser 3000 was smart.

sure enough the little spaceship game responded with *insert the sound of making GBS threads in the morning after eating a combo of mexican street food and indian food washed down with jaeger*

Battlecruiser 3000 was like gently caress THIS BITCH, IM OUT WITH MY MONEY, AND IM GONNA KEEP TALKING poo poo TOO

the little spaceship game became even sadder, when a "respected games internet press journalism" site posted an article that they are going to fail.

once again the little spaceship game responded with *insert the sound of making GBS threads in the morning after eating a combo of mexican street food and indian food washed down with jaeger*

then, the little spaceship game thought

IT CANT BE ME! IM AWESOME! ITS ALL THAT BATTLECRUISER 3000S FAULT AND THOSE "ETHICAL GAMES JOURNALIST" PEOPLE

WE SHOULD SILENCE THEM!

and so the little space ship game did.

he had anyone who spread seeds of doubt, discomfort, or discontent silenced permanently on the official forums, and then had their parents and pets killed.

at last, delighted with himself he shouted I WILL WIN!

then from the door, the unpleasant silhouette of his nemesis Battlecruiser 3000 beckoned.

"come get some"

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 26, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

D_Smart posted:

It looks like either CIG staff or White Knights are flagging them for removal. In fact, they no longer even appear in my imgur account. So much for memes.

I posted a TL:DR for you derek.

fix your img tags scrub

TehRedWheelbarrow fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 26, 2015

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
In case anyone is wondering / may not know.
The bits of the game you can play are poo poo, and I mean that. I'm not just shitposting here. The flight model is off, everything runs like absolute poo poo. The parts you walk around in are clunky and dull as gently caress.
Everything feels about 10 - 15 years old, like Anarchy Online or something.
The flight combat is terrible, no feedback, no feeling of power or ooomph behind your shots fired, the ship is floaty and horrible to fly. The race you can do is amazing because it should be good (in a Diddy Kong Racing kind of way, go from checkpoint to checkpoint) but is dull, frustrating and ultimately absolute poo poo.
There is nothing redeeming about the game you can actually use apart from it looks OK in parts when you are still.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

If you guys have other host links where they won't do this poo poo, lmk.

tinypic.com seems to give zero fucks

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

This could be better but I don't have time to make it so right now. But since Derek is in charge of the thread, seemed appropriate.

If I post it from my account, they will have it removed. They've had three of these removed already.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

so here is how it works

you have an FPS with working crosshairs
you hire people to do thing
you have an FPS with non-working crosshairs

That's called progress? Right?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

D_Smart posted:

If I post it from my account, they will have it removed. They've had three of these removed already.

Use tinypic and become a winner

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tank Boy Ken posted:

That's called progress? Right?

It is progress condensed in it's purest form. The epitome of video game development.
Star Citizen.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Vire posted:

It's kinda amazing in all these gifs that are getting posted the game somehow runs worst and buggier than stock crysis. How does that happen? I don't know a lot about coding do they have to rip out working systems to make it a space ship game?
You buy an icecream van to convert into a taco truck. It comes with a freezer to keep things cool, but you also need to heat things up so you install a microwave.

Chris Roberts decides he needs hotdogs, so now you also need a steamer. Then he decides your tacos need to be fresh so you also need a deep fryer, and you need a stove to do the mince as you can no longer do pre-prep at the beginning of the day.

Now it's very difficult to move around in your icecream taco hotdog truck and you forgot to install a fridge so all your ingredients have to be defrosted and taste like poo poo.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Pass amoi obacht Ramseier du damischer Hund. Des is ois a rechter Scheißdreck. Denk für an Fünfer mid und hör ned auf des Gwäsch von dera Sektn. Schaug dass dei Geld wieda z'ruck hoist und nachat war's des. Basta.

Forgot to add:
Servus, Reddit. Leckts mi am Arsch und archivierts des.

[Insert Bavarian middle finger Ascii here]

Hopper fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Oct 26, 2015

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

Use tinypic and become a winner

these guys are ok too

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

D_Smart posted:

There's some serious loving delusional behaviour going on here with people reporting these images. I can't wrap my head around what on earth they're trying to do.... I imagine them plastering tinfoil over their windows while blabbering about how if only they can remove all the parody GIFs from the internet then their spaceship game will become real.

Some genuine mental illness going on somewhere here.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Ghostlight posted:

You buy an icecream van to convert into a taco truck. It comes with a freezer to keep things cool, but you also need to heat things up so you install a microwave.

Chris Roberts decides he needs hotdogs, so now you also need a steamer. Then he decides your tacos need to be fresh so you also need a deep fryer, and you need a stove to do the mince as you can no longer do pre-prep at the beginning of the day.

Now it's very difficult to move around in your icecream taco hotdog truck and you forgot to install a fridge so all your ingredients have to be defrosted and taste like poo poo.

This actually makes a lot of sense now :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

I like this metaphor but what the gently caress kind of taco truck are you going to that they'd use a microwave for anything?!?! please seek out better taco options tia

• Locked thread