Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Uncircumcised/circumcised lips/tongue/speech (don't remember which) also relates back to Moses who was thought to be a terrible public speaker, or maybe he had the 'sperg or he just couldn't not blaspheme all the time or something. That's why his brother Aaron did all of his talking for him, Moses didn't have circumcised (sanctified/holy/probably had to be there to grok the full cultural meaning) speech.

E:or a stutter or a lisp or....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
According to a source close to the Duggars, the 22-year-old reality star sought for a baby shower centered on “family style,” hence the presence of Seewald and the other males in the family at the celebration.

“Ever since Jill had her baby shower for Israel, Ben has been talking about this idea of a ‘guy-friendly shower,’” the insider told Us Weekly about the event, which was carried out in a barn of a Duggar family friend. “So he was definitely excited about this!”

The fun-filled celebration included games, such as a milk-drinking competition for the men and a diaper-changing contest for the women.

“They had a contest for the ladies in which they had to close their eyes and race to change a diaper on a baby doll,” the source claimed, mentioning how the Duggars won the challenge. “The final competition was one that Ben came up with. He and three of his friends had a contest to see who could make the best baby food!”

Instead of typical baby shower gifts, the Seewald couple asked their guests to bring a prayer of blessing, which they intend to bring together in a keepsake.

Jessa and Ben first announced the pregnancy in April, and are expecting to welcome their first baby together on Nov. 1, although the couple is yet to announce the little one’s gender.

Such secret gender and the scarcity of baby shower photos are rumored to be part of Jessa’s upcoming TV special on TLC with her sister, Jill Duggar-Dillard.

:cripes:

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Religion tangent #9,763,285

Circumcision was an extremely important ritual and symbol. Sure, plenty of people might have mangled the genitals of women or male slaves, but who would do that to their sons, or just to convert religions? It was a super-hardcore way of saying you were all-in and property of Jehovah, no take-backs. Good luck finding a spy willing to mangle his dick just to get some intel. Once you were in the Fam, you were always in the Fam. Basically the oldest of old school prison gang tats.

Having a circumcised heart in the New Testament, in part, means you're on board for this team Christ deal no matter the personal cost. It also means that it is holy and subservient to God's will. It's his property, you're just watching it for a while. There's at least one parable about that last bit.

TL;DR Modern Christians are pussies and need to harden the gently caress up.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Hooded Reptile posted:

The fun-filled celebration included games, such as a milk-drinking competition for the men and a diaper-changing contest for the women.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

Choosing the word "circumcised" is probably yet another example of what a poo poo job King James's translators did when they created the version American fundies sperg over.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Baby diaper changing rodeo, sounds like a good time.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015
Is this thread, or the one in TV forums gonna be the play by play of law and order SVU game day thread?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

slomomofo posted:

Choosing the word "circumcised" is probably yet another example of what a poo poo job King James's translators did when they created the version American fundies sperg over.

Probably not actually. It's a metaphor that makes a lot of sense in a Jewish context but virtually none in a Christian context. The passage about Moses' uncircumcised tongue for example is a literal translation from the Hebrew.

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

Hooded Reptile posted:

Instead of typical baby shower gifts, the Seewald couple asked their guests to bring a prayer of blessing, which they intend to bring together in a keepsake.

Do they also give their kids prayers at Christmas time instead of presents?

Hooded Reptile posted:

Is this thread, or the one in TV forums gonna be the play by play of law and order SVU game day thread?

There's another thread? :monocle: What's the content like compared to this one?

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Buttcoin purse posted:

Do they also give their kids prayers at Christmas time instead of presents?

There's another thread? :monocle: What's the content like compared to this one?

law and order tv iv thing is pretty decent

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

Lions fire OC Joe Lombardi, promote Jim Bob Cooter

ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- The Detroit Lions fired offensive coordinator Joe Lombardi and offensive line coaches Jeremiah Washburn and Terry Heffernan hours before the team was scheduled to leave for London.

"It's not a good day," Lions coach Jim Caldwell said. "It's a tough day."

The Lions promoted 31-year-old quarterbacks coach Jim Bob Cooter to offensive coordinator. Cooter will call plays, and he anticipates there will be some scheme changes.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13979338/detroit-lions-fire-offensive-coordinator-joe-lombardi-two-ol-coaches

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
JIM BOB

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Duggars have been in this glorious holy choir.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDnuR0htaJo

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

COOTER

loving cooter man

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Alan Smithee posted:

COOTER

loving cooter man

In 2009, Jim Bob Cooter climbed through a woman's apartment window, stripped to his underwear, and got into bed with her.

He also has driven naked through a Wendy's drive-thru window.

Jim Bob.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

MD2020 posted:

In 2009, Jim Bob Cooter climbed through a woman's apartment window, stripped to his underwear, and got into bed with her.

He also has driven naked through a Wendy's drive-thru window.

Jim Bob.

lololol I thought you were making this poo poo up

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

21st Cherry boy posted:

Is that harlot wearing pants? :aaa:

Her wearing men's clothing is what convinced him to give her the Ol' College Try.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
why the gently caress would a parent ever name their child jim bob. Like what the gently caress kind of horrible person do you have to be to saddle a person with that kind of burden for the rest of their life

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Schnedwob posted:

why the gently caress would a parent ever name their child jim bob. Like what the gently caress kind of horrible person do you have to be to saddle a person with that kind of burden for the rest of their life

When arranging marriages between siblings it is best to give them slack jawed names like Jim bob and Sue Ann

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
That milk-drinking contest can't be the usual deal right? Because that's kind of metal
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_chugging

At least compared to "who can make best babby food"

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Oct 27, 2015

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I just discovered this emoticon they have on the Free Jinger boards

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Seeing as it's a baby shower I presume it was breast milk.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Hooded Reptile posted:

and a diaper-changing contest for the women.

I can't stop laughing at this. I just imagine them loading the babies up on peas and corn puree with whole olives and then once all the babies have poo poo, someone pops a party popper and the women run across the room to the designated changing zone while men hoot and cheer (holding glasses of milk) and then the smell of ten lovely diapers in a living room hits them and the men start puking up the milk and babies are getting talcum powder in their eyes because of speed changing and everyone's groaning or crying and the stink of baby poo poo is heavy on the nose and tongue.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

Hooded Reptile posted:

Jessa and Ben first announced the pregnancy in April, and are expecting to welcome their first baby together on Nov. 1, although the couple is yet to announce the little one’s gender.

Such secret gender and the scarcity of baby shower photos are rumored to be part of Jessa’s upcoming TV special on TLC with her sister, Jill Duggar-Dillard.

:cripes:

FUN! FUN! Josh is really missing out.

And I bet the new Duggar kid is a boy and will be named Josh.

After all, the old Josh is "dead".

The Bible
May 8, 2010

"Old Josh"? There was no Old Josh. Silly Robot, who are you even talking about?

Buttcoin purse
Apr 24, 2014

tacodaemon posted:

I just discovered this emoticon they have on the Free Jinger boards

Nobody else seems to think this is as amazing as we do.

Okay I have an idea..

<- JIM BOB

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
http://gawker.com/here-are-the-photos-josh-duggar-used-for-his-ashley-mad-1738733009

So apparently Josh's profile pictures are still on Ashley Madison and gawker found them

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Haier posted:

I can't stop laughing at this. I just imagine them loading the babies up on peas and corn puree with whole olives and then once all the babies have poo poo, someone pops a party popper and the women run across the room to the designated changing zone while men hoot and cheer (holding glasses of milk) and then the smell of ten lovely diapers in a living room hits them and the men start puking up the milk and babies are getting talcum powder in their eyes because of speed changing and everyone's groaning or crying and the stink of baby poo poo is heavy on the nose and tongue.

man you paint a wonderful picture

a wonderful scary ugly disgusting amazing eye-opening picture

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Jumpingmanjim posted:

http://gawker.com/here-are-the-photos-josh-duggar-used-for-his-ashley-mad-1738733009

So apparently Josh's profile pictures are still on Ashley Madison and gawker found them

Lol now that I know what to look for, that second picture is 1000% the spawn of Jim Bob

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
James Robert?

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

That is a serial killer name.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I like how with serial killers/assassins they use the full first/middle/last name, just so nobody gets confused and thinks you were calling some other guy a murdering fuckhead.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes
Never trust a man with two first names

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Blizzy_Cow posted:

Never trust a man with two first names

What if their last name is also a first name? Jim Bob Stevens

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011