Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

mormonpartyboat posted:

You need a premium account to see this message

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

peter gabriel posted:

GUILTY!

You may leave the room, objection! - OVERRULED you may now address the bride

I DO! Derek please come down and accept your diploma.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

joats posted:

I DO! Derek please come down and accept your diploma.

oBJECTION YOUR MAJESTY!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

what happened with that reddit mod? did he say he was sorry?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jegan Ace posted:

I would like for CIG to spend the remaining 90 million USD (or 4 bucks) on legal fees to fight a long, drawn-out legal battle with people from the internet.

id much rather see cr cut and run with most of the money with no game released and cultists start with the mass suicides.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol gently caress this gay website i cant even see my own links without premium

Premium kinda sucks. You have to buy Platinum to even be able to unlock premium. I don't even care about the Premium wares forum so I don't have it.

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro

IrvingWashington posted:

All I see when I look at flatface is a ray

The aquarium will never be the same. This is permanent now. Rays will be this from now on and there's nothing I can do about it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

You'd think transparent explosion gifs would be lying around all over the place.

Nope.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jul 20, 2016

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Maldoror posted:

List of top 20 reddit.com/r/starcitizen/ poster's names, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses:

• You need a premium account to see this message

Please remove this because this is the type of poo poo that gets threads closed, tia.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Decrepus posted:

Please remove this because this is the type of poo poo that gets threads closed, tia.

the other threads are still open.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Google Butt posted:

what happened with that reddit mod? did he say he was sorry?

He was thrown under the bus by a terrified r/dereksmart admin and demodded lmao.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

mormonpartyboat posted:

Welp, that's a wrap

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Lord Psychodin posted:

Fine. I'm a jackass. Continue to enjoy everything.

same

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Maldoror posted:

Jesus, don't post this one (edited out bits, I am not stupid enough to direct quoting this)

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

The reason the turnover is such a big deal is how many people with director and producer in their title. I'm not in gaming, but it was my understanding that those people stay on the project until development ends.

Well, from personal experience working in a company with a domineering, overbearing owner, you cycle through a bunch of people with lead or director in their name. Also nothing gets done efficiently. (Also not commenting on gaming though)

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

lol gently caress this gay website i cant even see my own links without premium

lol poors if you can't read that then you deffo made a bad decision picking SC.

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.
Pho recipe. easy and cheap you just need to have a hella large cooking pot.

Makes 8 satisfying (American-sized) bowls

For the broth:
2 medium yellow onions (about 1 pound total)
4-inch piece ginger (about 4 ounces)
5-6 pounds beef soup bones (marrow and knuckle bones)
5 star anise (40 star points total)
6 whole cloves
3-inch cinnamon stick
2 teaspoons cardamom powder
2 teaspoons fennel seeds
1 pound piece of beef chuck, rump, brisket or cross rib roast, cut into 2-by-4-inch pieces (weight after trimming)
1  1/2 tablespoons salt
4 tablespoons fish sauce
1 ounce (1-inch chunk) yellow rock sugar (duong phen; see Note)

For the bowls:
1  1/2-2 pounds small (1/8-inch wide) dried or fresh banh pho noodles ("rice sticks'' or Thaichantaboon)
1/2 pound raw eye of round, sirloin, London broil or tri-tip steak, thinly sliced across the grain (1/16 inch thick; freeze for 15 minutes to make it easier to slice)
1 medium yellow onion, sliced paper-thin, left to soak for 30 minutes in a bowl of cold water
3 or 4 scallions, green part only, cut into thin rings
1/3 cup chopped cilantro (ngo)
Ground black pepper

Prepare the pho broth:

Char onion and ginger. Or skip if your lazy i can't tell the difference but vietnamese people insist it is critical. Use an open flame on grill or gas stove. Place onions and ginger on cooking grate and let skin burn. (If using stove, turn on exhaust fan and open a window.) After about 15 minutes, they will soften and become sweetly fragrant. Use tongs to occasionally rotate them and to grab and discard any flyaway onion skin. You do not have to blacken entire surface, just enough to slightly cook onion and ginger.

Let cool. Under warm water, remove charred onion skin; trim and discard blackened parts of root or stem ends. If ginger skin is puckered and blistered, smash ginger with flat side of knife to loosen flesh from skin. Otherwise, use sharp paring knife to remove skin, running ginger under warm water to wash off blackened bits. Set aside.

Parboil bones. Place bones in stockpot (minimum 12-quart capacity) and cover with cold water. Over high heat, bring to boil. Boil vigorously 2 to 3 minutes to allow impurities to be released. Dump bones and water into sink and rinse bones with warm water. Quickly scrub stockpot to remove any residue. Return bones to pot.

Simmer broth. Add 6 quarts water to pot, bring to boil over high heat, then lower flame to gently simmer. Use ladle to skim any scum that rises to surface. Add remaining broth ingredients and cook, uncovered, for 1 1/2 hours. Boneless meat should be slightly chewy but not tough. When it is cooked to your liking, remove it and place in bowl of cold water for 10 minutes; this prevents the meat from drying up and turning dark as it cools. Drain the meat; cool, then refrigerate. Simmer broth 4eva or 3 hours at least.

Strain the pho broth through fine strainer. If desired, remove any bits of gelatinous tendon from bones to add to your pho bowl. Store tendon with cooked beef. Discard solids.

Use ladle to skim fat from top of the pho broth if you're a loving pussy. Taste and adjust flavor with additional salt, fish sauce and yellow rock sugar. The pho broth should taste slightly too strong because the noodles and other ingredients are not salted. (If you've gone too far, add water to dilute.) You can usually get another load out of the bones if you recharge the other ingredients and simmer again.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Cheatum the Evil Midget posted:

How well does this store? Can the recipe be reduced to only make four servings easily?

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.

IrvingWashington posted:

All I see when I look at flatface is a ray

grats I went audible on the second one

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Makes 8 satisfying (American-sized) bowls

I love you please send dick pics tia

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000

Matlock Birthmark posted:

How well does this store? Can the recipe be reduced to only make four servings easily?

The broth freezes really well, a full size pho bowl is about 600ml worth. Halving the amounts should get you about 4 big bowls worth.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

OK, I'm not sure how we ended up down this road. But let's get some clarity here.

1) I have first hand accounting of the RSI forum incident between Dick Wulf and the female in question

2) I have the entire forum thread

3) I have confirmation of the above via a text message which I have since posted

4) I was contacted by the husband of the lady in question, and we have had communications which lead me to believe that it is him

5) I do NOT know who the person in the mirror image is. I was informed that it was the pic sent to this lady in question

So, what am I missing?

Raskolnikov posted:

Number 5 is not true. Number 4 applies to my friend as well as your other group of people. I believe he contacted you saying to leave both of them out of everything. I will ask him later tonight on teamspeak exactly what he sent you.

We have two groups of married women harassed by Wulf Knight. So it looks like we're on the level if you omit 5). Cheers!

edit: Derek if you want to talk to them tonight on teamspeak stop by around 8pm PST and they can clear everything up for you for who they are etc. 63.210.145.186:9199 pw is lemon

Ah! I see now how we're getting wires crossed. So nobody was lying then. At least not this time around :)

Anyway, so who does the censored the dick pic in #5 come from then?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

The broth freezes really well, a full size pho bowl is about 600ml worth. Halving the amounts should get you about 4 big bowls worth.

nobody cares about your soup bro

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000

Raskolnikov posted:

I love you please send dick pics tia

I'm married with two kids so sure comin right up

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Ah! I see now how we're getting wires crossed. So nobody was lying then. At least not this time around :)

Nice av

:laffo:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/3qd34c/psa_the_something_awful_forums_custom_titles/

redditors :10bux: for avs

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

D_Smart posted:

That is what he sent to my friend off site. It didn't happen on the forums though like your group. On Teamspeak 3 if you want to pop on by. 63.210.145.186:9199 pass is lemon

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Has anyone conducted a health and wellness check on Octopode recently? :ohdear:

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
Derek what do you think of my soup

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Reddit. Seriously. Archive this it looks delicious.

I am going to make it this weekend.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:
Derek Smart, will you start a Kickstarter campaign for a documentary on how you will bring down a 90 million dollar JPEG marketing company?

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

that dude has an unattractive body and if the amount of censored material is any indicator, has a tiny d. legit advice from me mr. wulf: don't send any more pics of yourself to anyone, cuz u aint got no alibi.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

he just died to an ogre and Sigmund on D:4 :suicide:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

LOL

such god drat broken people ahahahaha

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

His wife's wellness is prolly more of a concern, if she really underwent surgery. Octo's same as usual most likely.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

ahhahaa the avatar. Someone is pissseeddd.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

He's busy studying innernet law so he can help the cig cause defend itself from our Lord of war derek smarte

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
CANNELLONI

Tomato Sauce:
4 Tablespoons olive oil
1 Cup finely chopped onions
4 Cups coarsely chopped (and not drained!) Italian plum tomatoes OR one 28 oz can
6 Tablespoons tomato paste or one 6 oz can
2 Tablespoons finely cut fresh or dried basil
2 Teaspoons sugar
1 Teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Using a 2 or 3 quart saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add onions and cook over moderate heat 7 or 8 minutes until soft but NOT brown. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, basil, sugar, salt, and a few grindings of pepper. Reduce heat to low and simmer partially covered for 1 hour. Stir occasionally. Cool and refrigerate until ready to use. Place tomato sauce on low heat to re-warm before making filling.

Filling:
2 Tablespoons olive oil
¼ Cup finely chopped onions
1 Teaspoon finely chopped garlic
¾ lb. fresh spinach, cooked, drained, squeezed and finely chopped OR a 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry, and chopped again
2 Tablespoons butter
1 lb. Ground round steak
2 Chicken livers
5 Tablespoons freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese
2 Tablespoons heavy cream
2 Eggs, slightly beaten
½ Teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper

Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onions and garlic. Cook over moderate heat for 7 or 8 minutes until soft but not browned. Stir in spinach and cook, stirring constantly, until excess moisture has boiled away and spinach sticks slightly to pan. Transfer to large mixing bowl. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in same skillet and lightly brown ground meat. Add to mixture in bowl. Melt 1 more tablespoon butter in skillet and cook livers until somewhat firm, lightly browned but still pink inside. Chop them coarsely, then add them to mixture in bowl along with 5 tablespoons cheese, 2 tablespoons cream, eggs and oregano. Mix ingredients together thoroughly. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Put aside while you cook noodles.

Noodles:
1 Box manicotti noodles

Cook manicotti noodles in large pot of boiling, salted water (about 4 at a time) until noodles are only beginning to soften. If you cook them too long stuffing them will suck. Rinse and drain. Pour a thin layer of the warm tomato sauce in 2 buttered 10x14 baking dishes. Stuff each noodle with filling and lay side by side over the sauce. Put to one side while you make cream sauce. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Cream Sauce:
4 Tablespoons butter
4 Tablespoons flour
1 Cup milk
1 Cup heavy cream
1 Teaspoon salt
1/8 Teaspoon white pepper

Melt butter in 3 quart saucepan. Remove pan from heat and stir in the flour. Pour the milk and cream in all at once, whisking constantly until flour is partially dissolved. Return pan to high heat and cook, stirring constantly with whisk. When sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, still stirring, for 2 or 3 minutes longer or sauce is thick enough to coat the wires of the whisk heavily. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.

All Together Now:
Pour cream sauce over the top of stuffed noodles. Spoon the remaining tomato sauce on top. Scatter in 4 tablespoons grated cheese and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Bake uncovered in middle of oven for 30 minutes until sauce is bubbling. Serve from baking dishes.

**AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT LEAVE THE LIVERS OUT**

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hey reddit on something awful having an av bought for you is definitely a mark of shame and not something a lot of people are proud of considering they got some idiot on the internet angry enough to spend money on them

please dont buy us avatars

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

I've seen him pop in elsewhere recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Eonwe posted:

hey reddit on something awful having an av bought for you is definitely a mark of shame and not something a lot of people are proud of considering they got some idiot on the internet angry enough to spend money on them

please dont buy us avatars

• Locked thread