Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

david carmichael posted:

come down to my dojo and fight my children

This is literally what he suggested.

A Responsible Dad posted:

Gracie Challenge from Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Fort Collins to Infinite Martial Arts Academy. We challenge anyone 135 and under to a 20 min sub only match at Gracie Fort Collins. Male or Female any rank. It would seem as martial artists we would treat each other with respect however Adam Martinez of Infinite Martial Arts is extremely threatened by our Academy and has been making an attempt to cyber bully our school calling into question our skill and teaching ability. This is not Adams first offense at spreading untruths about our academy. So here is what we propose. You can have as many matches as you want with one of our 17 year old instructors who is currently a two stripe blue belt. We will video and post all matches.This will put to rest the question of our skill and may very well bring into question your skill. As to our teaching ability we will post a video of a class for every class you put up and we will let the public vote on teaching ability and knowledge.

Keg fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Oct 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011

Keg posted:

This is literally what he suggested.

look at the keyboard warrior tough guy here lmao

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I'm confident a 17 year old girl with a blue belt could beat me up.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Why are blue belts running an academy anyway? The lowest-ranked instructor I've ever had was a purple. I can't imagine letting blue belts run a class unless it was like grappling for toddlers or something.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Why are blue belts running an academy anyway?

I don't think many people see a huge problem with a blue belt teaching a white belt class, especially with the Gracie Academy limited curriculum. I guess they teach the advanced classes as well, but I'd imagine they're just parroting what they see on Gracie Academy's instructional videos from their online courses.

I guess they took the school over from the previous head instructor after he went to prison for molesting kids.

Keg fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 26, 2015

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Yeah, you don't learn that until brown belt

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Keg posted:

I don't think many people see a huge problem with a blue belt teaching a white belt class, especially with the Gracie Academy limited curriculum. I guess they teach the advanced classes as well, but I'd imagine they're just parroting what they see on Gracie Academy's instructional videos from their online courses.

I guess they took the school over from the previous head instructor after he went to prison for molesting kids.

Interesting. The way my coaches taught it to us, a promotion to blue is more a recognition that you've put in hard work and are better than a typical white belt, but that they wouldn't consider you to have the depth of understanding to convey technique to others correctly until at least purple. Maybe they're just more strict than others though. My understanding was basically "blue==you put in more work than a casual gymgoer, we don't want you beating up lily whitebelts in competitions anymore" and "purple==you are very dedicated to jiu-jitsu and have started to attain a deep understanding of how this poo poo works".

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
anyone have a link to the video of the fake black belts rolling?

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Having a 17 year old blue belt run an adult BJJ class is stupid for a lot of reasons, but their confidence in posting that challenge really makes me wonder what theyre actually up to, how on earth could they be that confident to propose something like that online and offer to video tape it. Whats their "long con" there because they would for sure get crushed by whatever rear end in a top hat guy shows up

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

wrong thread

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Feb 3, 2016

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Gadamer posted:

...which?

This is the most recent one I've seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQxh07br2lM

I think he meant the teenaged girls who are presently being discussed.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

manyak posted:

Having a 17 year old blue belt run an adult BJJ class is stupid for a lot of reasons, but their confidence in posting that challenge really makes me wonder what theyre actually up to, how on earth could they be that confident to propose something like that online and offer to video tape it. Whats their "long con" there because they would for sure get crushed by whatever rear end in a top hat guy shows up

I think their dad is just a particular combination of bad at the internet and clueless about BJJ.

Here are the 2 instructor kids rolling:
https://www.facebook.com/graciefortcollins/videos/vb.776638919068952/856461744420002/?type=2&theater

That's a fun rash guard :)

Keg fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Oct 26, 2015

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
How are Rener & Ryron sleazy?

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ICHIBAHN posted:

I'd believe Rener to be sleazy, but I hope Ryron isn't. Ryron seems like a cool guy, and he has my respect taking the Josh Barnett Metamoris match on short notice.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

ICHIBAHN posted:

Online belts, marketing their gyms as the only 'pure' Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, giving affiliations to gyms that are run by literal children, attributing basically magic powers to their grandfather, this 45 minute long informercial they put on youtube when asked how one of their blue belts would do against other blue belts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sgb1Attfm-0

Keg fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Oct 26, 2015

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Keg posted:

I think their dad is just a particular combination of bad at the internet and clueless about BJJ.

Here are the 2 instructor kids rolling:
https://www.facebook.com/graciefortcollins/videos/vb.776638919068952/856461744420002/?type=2&theater

They seem chill. I guess their dad is just a weird dumbass

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Och I know all about Gracie University. I have my issues with it but I wouldn't regard it as sleazy. I mean I'm probably not on their side of the argument but I don't have that big an issue with their practices, to the extent that I'd regard them as sleazy & they seem like very cool guys. Having said that, given I'm a Gracie Barra guy, I reckon they should be thrown into an industrial thresher & never mentioned again.

02-6611-0142-1
Sep 30, 2004

The girls aren't blue belts, they are 'online' blue belts through Gracie University, so they're probably more like middling white belts.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.

manyak posted:

Because they know that no one will take them up on their offer. If you send some adult black belt to kick their asses, what do you think will happen? Do you think you that black belt will be showered with accolades for beating some teenage girl blue belts? Or will he or she be treated like a neanderthal bully. It's obvious no one is going to seriously take them up on that challenge.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Yuns posted:

Because they know that no one will take them up on their offer. If you send some adult black belt to kick their asses, what do you think will happen? Do you think you that black belt will be showered with accolades for beating some teenage girl blue belts? Or will he or she be treated like a neanderthal bully. It's obvious no one is going to seriously take them up on that challenge.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nc2N2TiKI3o

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Yuns posted:

Father dog traveled to kimura the fat libertarian gun guy who runs bullshido iirc

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

david carmichael posted:

Father dog traveled to kimura the fat libertarian gun guy who runs bullshido iirc

what. link to full, hilarious story please

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Yuns posted:

I dont know man, from what ive experienced of the internet BJJ community I think there would be people willing to do it and that if someone did, a decent number of people would praise them for calling out McDojo Bullshit or whatever and keeping BJJ pure

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
If I lived anywhere near there id probably go just to see what's up and ask the guy why he is asking people from the internet to come beat up his kid daughters

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

what. link to full, hilarious story please

I don't think there is taht much of a story. There's a guy who used to post here named "phrost". He was dumb. He ran a website called bullshido which was based around making fun of people who thought they were martial arts tough guys. The type of person who would be like " come down to my dojo to settle this". They ran " throwdowns" which were open invitations for anyone to come down to their dojo to settle things. Not a lot of self awareness going on with that bunch, as you can guess.

One time fatherdog showed up and teabagged the guy while kimuraing him. The end, no moral.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Anyways the answer to everyone's assorted question is that everyone, everywhere are at all times prideful, petty, oblivious dickholes

To be clear in this situation (if it actually happened and i didnt completely make it up) I do not think fatherdog is a dick hole and in fact I think he was doing the Lord's work

david carmichael fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 27, 2015

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

david carmichael posted:

come down to my dojo and fight my children

Yoshizo Machida nods sagely

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
Post the vid Fatherdog.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

david carmichael posted:

I don't think there is taht much of a story. There's a guy who used to post here named "phrost". He was dumb. He ran a website called bullshido which was based around making fun of people who thought they were martial arts tough guys. The type of person who would be like " come down to my dojo to settle this". They ran " throwdowns" which were open invitations for anyone to come down to their dojo to settle things. Not a lot of self awareness going on with that bunch, as you can guess.

One time fatherdog showed up and teabagged the guy while kimuraing him. The end, no moral.

hang on, so he ran a website dedicated to making fun of internet tough guys and somehow persuaded a guy who was an advanced student in a real martial art to go to his place and gently caress him up?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

hang on, so he ran a website dedicated to making fun of internet tough guys and somehow persuaded a guy who was an advanced student in a real martial art to go to his place and gently caress him up?

There's a video of a muay Thai lady pummeling him mercilessly also. I don't think he had to persuade anyone to come beat him up beyond just existing

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
no they all used to do bjj/mma stuff and they would host events where they would train and spar with all kinds of rules while trying to get people from trad arts to come show up and spar them..

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
There are lots of videos of gangly nerds from bullshido beating up seniors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuIDycD0aeo

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
I'm not sure it was poo poo talk but just a get together? they trained and fd is good so... He tapped him.

I don't remember any drama. I don't think phrost ever made any claims to his ability either.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Keg posted:

lol cool

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
One reason to attend a throwdown is to hang out with your friends from the martial arts drama forum. Another reason is to punch an old man in the mouth.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Keg posted:

This is the martial arts equivalent of Internet Atheism.

Yuns
Aug 19, 2000

There is an idea of a Yuns, some kind of abstraction, but there is no real me, only an entity, something illusory, and though I can hide my cold gaze and you can shake my hand and feel flesh gripping yours and maybe you can even sense our lifestyles are probably comparable: I simply am not there.
If you search youtube for Bullshido Throwdown, you'll find some stuff.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Phrost and I have rolled before but at no point was there any animosity involved. Bullshido performs a useful service in ferreting out scams in the martial arts community but of course like any other martial arts website it attracts more than it's share of weirdos.

Because I was a bit of a dipshit when I was younger I have indeed travelled to beat up kung fu practitioners who claimed that grappling was useless in the face of their dim mak technique, but most of them abruptly found something better to do when I gave them a waiver to sign.

I don't believe I ever teabagged Phrost or anybody else, but at one point I did take someone's back and sing the entirety of "Never Gonna Give You Up" before choking them, because I couldn't resist the pun opportunity.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Keg posted:

One reason to attend a throwdown is to hang out with your friends from the martial arts drama forum. Another reason is to punch an old man in the mouth.

Works for Moat Fights

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Yuns posted:

Because they know that no one will take them up on their offer.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/thread/2495974/Im-at-Gracie-Ft-Collins-waiting-for-them-to-open/?pc=132

:laugh: