Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

spacetoaster posted:

They're also discussing taking legal action to stop DS. And a bunch of them are: "I'm all for free speech, but...not when I disagree with it."

Oh please. Don't tools would rather spend money on lovely JPEG ships for a vaporware game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Oh please. Don't tools would rather spend money on lovely JPEG ships for a vaporware game.

i didnt know line of defense sold jpegs.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

D_Smart posted:

Hey now I'm with you on most things but this has gone too far. Those jpegs are drat pretty. They'll never be released into a game but they're still pretty.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jimb posted:

Shifting gears... what the gently caress did he do?

Mansplained gender to a trans woman while shouting over everyone else to get his point across. I ain't got time for that.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Romes128 posted:

Well it's got to sell something.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Romes128 posted:

He drew the line at USD$59.99, ok?

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Jegan Ace posted:

He drew the line at USD$59.99, ok?

Thrifty compared to Star Citizen :)

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Raskolnikov posted:

Mansplained gender to a trans woman while shouting over everyone else to get his point across. I ain't got time for that.

Dorkpriest and seraph should have a weekly podcast.

Lord_NeckBeard
Oct 26, 2015

Jegan Ace posted:

Derek Smart, will you start a Kickstarter campaign for a documentary on how you will bring down a 90 million dollar JPEG marketing company?

Yes, Grand Nagus D_Smart. Please do this. Get into contact with the miami documentary company Rakontur, most famous for Cocaine Cowboys.

Hey nice new friends, could someone do a photoshop of this image with "Cocaine CRoberts" as the title? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Cocainecowboys_promo_cover.jpg[

Leave the cocaine and add a nice picture of the villainous jpeg trafficker.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

jaegerx posted:

Hey now I'm with you on most things but this has gone too far. Those jpegs are drat pretty. They'll never be released into a game but they're still pretty.

I concede that point. However, lovely was about them buying JPEGs, not about the quality of said JPEGs :)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Or the mad prices attatched to them, only a fool would support such greed.

Lord_NeckBeard posted:

Yes, Grand Nagus D_Smart. Please do this. Get into contact with the miami documentary company Rakontur, most famous for Cocaine Cowboys.

Hey nice new friends, could someone do a photoshop of this image with "Cocaine CRoberts" as the title? https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/0c/Cocainecowboys_promo_cover.jpg[

Leave the cocaine and add a nice picture of the villainous jpeg trafficker.

How much did you spend on Jpgs?

Shemp the Stooge
Feb 23, 2001
On that topic, do you think when this all goes under a real developer could buy up all their art assets on the cheap and use them in an actual game? I bet when you include all the rejected designs there is enough to make something with.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
i'm reading the reviews for LOD and you can almost taste the reddit tears.

they're so mad at derek smart its amazing.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

jaegerx posted:

Dorkpriest and seraph should have a weekly podcast.

:agreed:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

joebob posted:

On that topic, do you think when this all goes under a real developer could buy up all their art assets on the cheap and use them in an actual game? I bet when you include all the rejected designs there is enough to make something with.

Give it to Bioware. Star Citizen is a game that will be enhanced with choice wheels.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Mr Smart, I know your priority is probably developing the framework, networking and balancing, but why don't you hire a couple of decent graphics artists to make your game look like it's not from 20 years ago? Assuming your engine can use shaders it wouldn't even be that huge of a technical issue, just a content one.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

The Saddest Robot posted:

Mr Smart, I know your priority is probably developing the framework, networking and balancing, but why don't you hire a couple of decent graphics artists to make your game look like it's not from 20 years ago? Assuming your engine can use shaders it wouldn't even be that huge of a technical issue, just a content one.

Because he can just wait and buy the star citizen assets for pennies on the dollar in a year. Duh.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Guys, with all this shitposting we haven't had time to discuss the actual SC news!

quote:

2.0 is definitely not coming this week, according to Disco Lando

submitted 3 hours ago by AnalogDanImperial News Network

quote:

therealdiscolando 73 points 5 hours ago

2.0 is not dropping this week.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx2NSZOGNqE

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
Star Citizen: The Image You Are Requesting Does Not Exist Or Is No Longer Available

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

trucutru posted:

Guys, with all this shitposting we haven't had time to discuss the actual SC news!

lol

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

joebob posted:

It would be pretty cool if Derek Smart bought the assets after all this was over and then was the one to actually release Star Citizen.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Full Metal Boxers posted:

Star Citizen: The Image You Are Requesting Does Not Exist Or Is No Longer Available

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

trucutru posted:

:lol:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

woa

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

they need to polish their turds to a high sheen

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
the problem is, all their assets are pretty poo poo and useless without an engine to support them, I dont think there is an engine that actually exists with all their
"features", and good luck smushing something together.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Raskolnikov posted:

Not quite hypocrite. I was simply making a joke which was not received well and then when I was in the middle of explaining with a preparation to apologize I was being talked over. When I realized I was dealing with child like maturity. I excused myself since it was time for me to go work out.

Just because Dick Wulf harassed you and your friend doesn't give you permission to be an rear end in a top hat. It's sad that it happened but it's not a license to be a shithead.

As for me not having tact and being an educator? I at least let people finish their sentences before talking over them with bullshit. This is SA not the loving Region ESC where I am dealing with professionals or my students.

I am a dork? Absolutely. I don't really have fucks to give about it. I don't spend my freetime at conventions for games that don't exist and I sure as hell don't spend 1000s of dollars on JPEGS. If you go back and check I've absolutely admitted to spending 182 which I don't need a refund for because I basically expected that money to be flushed down the toilet I made a bet and lost.. At this point I am here for the tears of redditors, dick wulf, and the brown sea at the expense of Derek Smart's retainer lawyers. So far money well spent CARRY ON GOONS :D

Beer and Eowne still the best two goons.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

Thats good news! They'll have more time to polish the finished product and get ready for the actual releashahahahahaha

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darkpriest667 posted:

Not quite hypocrite. I was simply making a joke which was not received well and then when I was in the middle of explaining with a preparation to apologize I was being talked over. When I realized I was dealing with child like maturity. I excused myself since it was time for me to go work out.

Just because Dick Wulf harassed you and your friend doesn't give you permission to be an rear end in a top hat. It's sad that it happened but it's not a license to be a shithead.

As for me not having tact and being an educator? I at least let people finish their sentences before talking over them with bullshit. This is SA not the loving Region ESC where I am dealing with professionals or my students.

I am a dork? Absolutely. I don't really have fucks to give about it. I don't spend my freetime at conventions for games that don't exist and I sure as hell don't spend 1000s of dollars on JPEGS. If you go back and check I've absolutely admitted to spending 182 which I don't need a refund for because I basically expected that money to be flushed down the toilet I made a bet and lost.. At this point I am here for the tears of redditors, dick wulf, and the brown sea at the expense of Derek Smart's retainer lawyers. So far money well spent CARRY ON GOONS :D

lol

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
It's okay remember Chris Roberts didn't promise any dates. It will be released when it is ready and when the world is ready for it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Darkpriest667 posted:

quoting for posterity

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Darkpriest667 posted:

Let's just get a few things straight ;-) (you'll get the pun in a moment)

First, I don't care what someone's gender identity or sexual orientation is. I really don't give a flying gently caress. What I give a flying gently caress about is being deceptive in order to gain notoriety or gain material possessions. If I was homosexual (and for the record I am not) and I was dating someone and I had bought him an iPad so we could keep in contact and then suddenly I found out that he wasn't really gay he was just dating me because I have money and I give gifts to my lovers I'd be pretty pissed.

This person in question asked for financial help to get equipment to do videos for the Star Citizen fan community. They sent a drat expensive camera and some other equipment at the person's request. Admittedly the percentage of single, desperate men is probably higher in the SC community than the average population, but that is no reason to take advantage of them. I can put on a dress too if lonely old men are giving out money, but I won't because I like to think I have integrity. EDIT -- I also think dresses are probably drafty and not comfortable for me since I get cold easily. -- End Edit

Also, I expected to be Goonrathi Fleet Commander and have a Javelin gifted to me by now. You folks are slacking.

dorkpriest, noted expert on gender

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Raskolnikov posted:

Mansplained
Please don't say this. Thanks.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Lol you suck

*edit* Hey for real though, do your students know that a buncha other fat nerds fake beat you up online for your fake lunch money and then kick you outta things?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Darkpriest667 posted:

hey try your joke on us. Maybe we will like it.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Saddest Robot posted:

It's okay remember Chris Roberts didn't promise any dates. It will be released when it is ready and when the world is ready for it.

My puckered sphincter is ready for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Perfect.

thatguy posted:

Please don't say this. Thanks.
Explain?

• Locked thread