Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Pretty sure this wasn't posted yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9iH4Gp11W4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Take the turnover rate: In my daily work life I deal with companies having employee turnover rates ranging from 3% to 30%. And it highly depends on the business field if such a rate should ring any alarmbells or not.

An example would be any sort of media related company, a turnover of 30% a year would be considered as normal, whereas a traditional managed family business dealing with machine parts shouldn't have more than 5%.

Yeah, and if it was just in the junior ranks, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow. It is, however, a bad sign when you do see a high turnover of senior management on a project like this that isn't even finished yet. Just saying "Yeah well companies have turnover, it happens" doesn't really apply here, these aren't just random code monkeys or artists that are leaving.

Of course, Star Cultists will just brush it off with "They just didn't truly believe in Star Citizen/it happens/they didn't really fit the team/etc." but for a lot of companies, it's a major point of concern when you can't retain your senior managers and have to constantly rehire new people to fill those roles.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Grondoth posted:

WHAT WERE THESE GIFS

The first 20 pages are full of imgur removed images.

REFUND.gif is gone too!

Are reddit shitizens spam-reporting all the images in this thread or something? loving :lol::lol::lol:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Klyith posted:

The first 20 pages are full of removed gifs.

REFUND.gif is gone too!

Are reddit shitizens spam-reporting all the images in this thread or something? loving :lol::lol::lol:

of course they are, you can't make this poo poo up

"I'll show those goons, I'll spend money on their website, archive it and report all the pictures!"

just lmao

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I want to know who you are Chairman.

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 27, 2015

Mukip
Jan 27, 2011

by Reene
He is the chairman of the elite Anime Appraisal Unit of The Organization.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

RescueFreak posted:

I put in for my refund a month ago today and so far I have received a message confirming what I was asking for and one two weeks ago saying that they were flooded with tickets. Nothing since then.

Unless you're one of those 20,000 USD pledgers that were risking their marriages for JPEGs, losing a couple of bills for the greatest shitshow of drama and incompetence ever is worth the ticket price.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jegan Ace posted:

Unless you're one of those 20,000 USD pledgers that were risking their marriages for JPEGs, losing a couple of bills for the greatest shitshow of drama and incompetence ever is worth the ticket price.

yea but i get to enjoy it for free soooooooooooooo

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

grimcreaper posted:

I want to know who you are Chairman.
jfc clear your notifications.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
As it turns out Seraph's complete psychological break was a premonition for what all true believers eventually become.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Ghostlight posted:

jfc clear your notifications.

Its all from a single thread over the last 20 minutes or so. so i chose to read this thread instead.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Jegan Ace posted:

it shouldnt take that long. I know ppl who have gotten their refund in little over a weeks time from the initial ticket and now have already spent their money on other games.

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah, and if it was just in the junior ranks, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow. It is, however, a bad sign when you do see a high turnover of senior management on a project like this that isn't even finished yet. Just saying "Yeah well companies have turnover, it happens" doesn't really apply here, these aren't just random code monkeys or artists that are leaving.

Of course, Star Cultists will just brush it off with "They just didn't truly believe in Star Citizen/it happens/they didn't really fit the team/etc." but for a lot of companies, it's a major point of concern when you can't retain your senior managers and have to constantly rehire new people to fill those roles.
That's true but then CIG also pays below industry standards and doesn't match 401k contributions and whatnot. So you have to be a bit of a believer to really want to stick with it while LRH questions your every move and demands redesigns of work based on previously approved concepts, etc.

Of course they probably could have paid people fairly and given decent benefits if they hadn't blown 10-20 million on poorly mo-capping Gary Oldman or decided to set up in Santa Monica or buy $20,000 coffee machines :shrug:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
At least Hitler built autobahns, all D_Smart does is spread suffering.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Serious answer:
It's not a question of believe, It is just a game after all. I don't plan to buy any more ships anyway, the package I got is more than enough. I won't sell it either ( can you sell gifted ships? Or get a refund?) in the end I had more fun not playing SC than the 70?$ the package is worth.

Besides for me believing any of those allegations it would need actual facts and evidence.
Until now nothing special happened besides that CIG has the worst community management and PR I ever saw.

Take the turnover rate: In my daily work life I deal with companies having employee turnover rates ranging from 3% to 30%. And it highly depends on the business field if such a rate should ring any alarmbells or not.

An example would be any sort of media related company, a turnover of 30% a year would be considered as normal, whereas a traditional managed family business dealing with machine parts shouldn't have more than 5%.

Since I went to bed this thread grew 20 pages. I'm not gonna read all of it, that's for sure...

lol noone cares.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
[8 hours have passed since Ricky denied his familial ties to Smart, just before the last thread collapsed]

RICKY SMART
I never told you the truth about myself.

DEREK SMART
You told me enough! You told me you were my nephew! Then, you said you lied!

RICKY SMART
Because, I am your son.

[Shocked, Derek looks at Ricky in utter disbelief.]

DEREK SMART
No. No. That's not true! That's impossible!

RICKY SMART
Search your tin foil. You know it to be true.

DEREK SMART
NO! NO. No... I'LL LITIGATE YOU!

RICKY SMART
Father. You can destroy the Chairman. He has foreseen this. It is your destiny. Let me join you, and together we can rule the 'verse as father and son. Let me come with you. It is the only way.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Can we start a Star Citizen Eve Online Corp just so we can awox eachother?

Pls.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

CashEnsign posted:

Pls.

Alternatively, just awox each other in EvE Online. It will be far cheaper, and you can do it right now.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

CashEnsign posted:

Pls.

You've gone too far.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

heres a helpful map of their star system (the star system is called ISIS)

ISIS POSSE are citizens too

Wait, Star Citizen backers are funding ISIS??

Real Nito
Apr 3, 2010
I'm not even sure what we are shitposting about, but all I know is I need to be apart of it.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Real Nito posted:

I'm not even sure what we are shitposting about, but all I know is I need to be apart of it.

Just shitpost about space games in general. Star Scamitizen, Eve: The Spreadsheets, etc etc. No matter what you shitpost about, your STILL making more content than Croberts.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Real Nito posted:

unironically same, and I've been part of this whole Star Shitizen thing for 2 and a half years now.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Chin posted:

Of course they probably could have paid people fairly and given decent benefits if they hadn't blown 10-20 million on poorly mo-capping Gary Oldman or decided to set up in Santa Monica or buy $20,000 coffee machines :shrug:

It'd be pretty hard to stick around if you're getting paid well below others in a similar role (and likely well below what you believe you're worth) when you're seeing that kind of poo poo going on. The only people who'd stay through that are the diehard Stockholm sufferers or people like Ben, who is going nowhere fast post-CIG/SC.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Saw a comment on Reddit thread about an upcoming Star Citizen meetup:

Which made me curious:

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Real Nito posted:

Just a bunch of goons who don't believe in the vision of legendary game developer Chris Roberts and what he can do with $93 million and unlimited development time.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Omi-Polari posted:

Which made me curious:

:lol:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Darkpriest667 posted:

I bet your PDAS appraisals are poo poo. Mine are stellar. I love my job, I love my district, and I am revered in my school by students and staff alike. I give a poo poo about kids and their future. I'm sorry you have a stick up your rear end. I hope you get that treated.

Why so serious?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Hey things are getting a little heated, why don't we all relax a little bit and play some star citizen

:smith:

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Omi-Polari posted:

Which made me curious:

These are the people that will snap and try to murder Croberts, mark my words.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

Which made me curious:

We'll he is tithing and hoping lord CR will bless him with more showers of spaceship jpegs.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Grinning Goblin posted:

Wait, Star Citizen backers are funding ISIS??

yes and i for one am disgusted at this turn of events

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Hey Reddit,

Archive this:

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

no_recall posted:

Hey Reddit,

Archive this:

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

reddits bad

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

My kitten is feeling better! Look at her judging her human:

Also reddit archive this <3

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

Sedisp posted:

Does it still count as a start up with 93 million dollars?

you tell me, start with wiki.
Spoiler: it has nothing to do with the invested money

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

CrazyTolradi posted:

It'd be pretty hard to stick around if you're getting paid well below others in a similar role (and likely well below what you believe you're worth) when you're seeing that kind of poo poo going on. The only people who'd stay through that are the diehard Stockholm sufferers or people like Ben, who is going nowhere fast post-CIG/SC.

Aren't they in SF? How can you even survive with a below standard wage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

SquirrelGrip posted:

yes and i for one am disgusted at this turn of events

im doing some bounties around goonspace

i'll try to head over there to see if there's any citizens i can say hi to.

i dont expect many people are on the xbone though.

• Locked thread