Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Bootcha posted:

Can someone find me a picture of that Slavik RSI brown sea mod's avatar's source?

NVM found it

Reddit, I would like this AV pls, to commemorate the shittiness of scam citizen.

tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Vire posted:

The best thing is none of us even has to do anything Chris Roberts is doing all the hard work of trolling his own most loyal fans to their faces when he says things like i'm not going to give you guys dates anymore.

I really want to be the fly on the wall for that one. Did they plan for their fans to be happy with that?

Because the thought process you have to follow to get to this conclussion is insane.

"We have basically nothing to show them, but thankfully we can actually and realistically expect them to be happy if we tell them that we won't do anything anymore."

Because they couldn't have just walked up there and hoped for the best. No, they realize that their fanbase is a full on cult at the moment. It's insane.

e: And they are actually using that to their advantage.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

TTerrible posted:

To be fair to them, we've been empty quoting Dr Smarts promise to "burn down their jpegs" ITT.

Michaellaneous posted:

But the jaypegs are actually burning in this very moment. Look at the first 10 pages.
This is Derek Smart's planet. The rest of us are just living on it.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Shart Citiception

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Klyith posted:

This is Derek Smart's planet. The rest of us are just living on it.

#notacult

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Michaellaneous posted:

I really want to be the fly on the wall for that one. Did they plan for their fans to be happy with that?

Because the thought process you have to follow to get to this conclussion is insane.

"We have basically nothing to show them, but thankfully we can actually and realistically expect them to be happy if we tell them that we won't do anything anymore."

Because they couldn't have just walked up there and hoped for the best. No, they realize that their fanbase is a full on cult at the moment. It's insane.

e: And they are actually using that to their advantage.

I'm pretty sure all they needed to do was put a few employees in the crowd and have them start clapping and the rest would just follow. What else could they do even if they where not happy about it boo their own hero in front of a crowd that would be extremely hostile to that kinda thing? Maybe I am giving them too much credit though.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
So whats going on Is reddit trying to troll SA citizen people or something? Lotta reddit talk in here.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I like the way reddit provides 24/7 idiot cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ch3zslRlbA
For your archival pleasure

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

TTerrible posted:

To be fair to them, we've been empty quoting Dr Smarts promise to "burn down their jpegs" ITT.

What did we expect? We started this goons. We are the monsters.

We went after their jpegs...so they came after ours :ohdear:

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

Al Borland posted:

So whats going on Is reddit trying to troll SA citizen people or something? Lotta reddit talk in here.

There's that and all the other shaved pussy bullshit. But the only thing that matters is that they showed to a 'con' without any progress in 12 months. And tried to make a virtue out of it.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Archive this Reddit:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Star Cititzen: Archive this, reddit!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Oh poo poo I heard you can get refunds, is that true? I backed some minimum amount back when the whole thing was first announced as basically being Privateer 3 since I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Al Borland posted:

Either some goons posted direct links to SA's thread on reddit, or from the brown sea or a bunch of j4g j4t's and :10bux: to the taxman.

Its all good, keeps SA running.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Omi-Polari posted:

Archive Delete this Reddit:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Wheeee posted:

Oh poo poo I heard you can get refunds, is that true? I backed some minimum amount back when the whole thing was first announced as basically being Privateer 3 since I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3744337

Get your refund now, friend.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah, and if it was just in the junior ranks, it wouldn't raise an eyebrow. It is, however, a bad sign when you do see a high turnover of senior management on a project like this that isn't even finished yet. Just saying "Yeah well companies have turnover, it happens" doesn't really apply here, these aren't just random code monkeys or artists that are leaving.

Of course, Star Cultists will just brush it off with "They just didn't truly believe in Star Citizen/it happens/they didn't really fit the team/etc." but for a lot of companies, it's a major point of concern when you can't retain your senior managers and have to constantly rehire new people to fill those roles.

One site claims the sky is falling and the other side claims eveything is Ok. Judging from my work epxerience: It highly depends if you can replace the work and the input a certain person provided. And to believe that turnover in "normal companies" only happens in jthe junior ranks, is naive at best. But anyway it would be better if staff wouldn't get fired or leave. The turnover rates in this buisness field is too high anwywas.

I just want to add that the mere position of someone doesn't tell you much about their impact on the project.
James was "only" a community manager but he sure did more for the community than Ben. But even if Ben and James would have been fired, the overall impact on the project would have been not measurable.

My take on this is: We can't change it anyway and so I'll take a seat and enjoy the entertainment.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Grand Prize Winner posted:

Is there a quick 'what the gently caress is going on' primer somewhere? Because seriously what the gently caress is going on?

Like, there was gonna be a spaceship game and now everyone's pissed off?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeVuMMf-jyQ

Hey reddit, archive this.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whoever is valiant and willing to trudge through all the poop, you should gather all the poo poo CIG has promised only to then delay/cancell it and make a montage.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

you'll never get your money back so here's a jpeg of some money in return for your hard work

:10bux:

e: but no really are you okay

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Oct 27, 2015

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
I wonder if Gary Oldman would feel bad if he found out that over 200 people are being paid under industry standard and not getting matching 401k so he could get paid millions of dollars to do this gig while im sure the top of the company are all buying new mansions for themselves.

Jegan Ace
May 6, 2014

Every non-lethal catapult launch is a triumph

:corrupt:

Travesty if this isn't added to the OP. :allears:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Holy poo poo that video perfection.

Vire posted:

I wonder if Gary Oldman would feel bad if he found out that over 200 people are being paid under industry standard and not getting matching 401k so he could get paid millions of dollars to do this gig while im sure the top of the company are all buying new mansions for themselves.

Like he has to know this is happening right? Like i'm not saying it's his fault that these people are being taken advantage of if it wasn't him i'm sure they would find some other celebrity to do it.

Vire fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Oct 27, 2015

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Karl_Ramseier posted:

My take on this is: We can't change it anyway and so I'll take a seat and enjoy the entertainment.
:agreed:
and this thread is the text equivalent of the world's largest tub of buttered popcorn and 64oz soda.

Vire posted:

he'd probably feel "those guys should get a union"

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

I think after today they need a new server just for archiving.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

:perfect:

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Pretty concise. :golfclap:

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

:mmmhmm:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's pure magic.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Vire posted:

:911:

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

Al Borland posted:

Lot of everything in here.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Nice one Bootch.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Voted 5.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

You might not be the investor they want, but you are the investor they deserve!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Don't forget to chip in some money first.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Awesome. Suck it Redditcultists!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

"You don't get rich developing video games. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."

- L. Ron Hubbard

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

That is about as clear and sensical of a recap as this insane entertainment deserves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nien
Apr 29, 2013

We're done here. I liked the hairy bush bit (not that I like that sort of thing (actually I do)).

• Locked thread