Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Actually, this whole thread has been lying to you outsiders all along, this is what Finns really look like:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The arabs only complain because they know their swedish hosts are a bunch of eager to please pussies.

Molentik
Apr 30, 2013

Yo Finland, with all those bogs, do you even have bog mummies like all the cool bog having countries do?

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Molentik posted:

Yo Finland, with all those bogs, do you even have bog mummies like all the cool bog having countries do?

I guess our bogs are the wrong kind? Not acidic enough or something to preserve bodies, I guess. That, or the peat harvesting industry has been real quiet about any archeological finds that would get in the way of good ol' old-school rape of natural resources.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

etalian posted:

The arabs only complain because they know their swedish hosts are a bunch of eager to please pussies.

now now I think this is ripe for an odd couple sitcom. A passive low contact Swede has to bunk with his cuh razy touchy feely, excitable new Arab friend.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Frostwerks posted:

first picture kinda looks cool whats that from

Finland

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

DeepQantas posted:

Bog-Finns according to goons:

Bog-Finns in reality:

per looks for finns

hel looks for lipstick on a finn

goatse.cx haver
Oct 17, 2010

precious metals

Naxuz posted:

Actually, this whole thread has been lying to you outsiders all along, this is what Finns really look like:

obviously on speed, seems legit

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Friendly reminder that the loving VIKINGS of all people were uneasy around finns.

Traditionally finns took a live pig with them in the sauna, as a kind of biologic chronometer while they were drinnking themselves stupid with hallucinogenic reindeer piss.
When the pig fell over, it was time to get out.

This is too awesome not to be true.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Molentik posted:

probably but we don't disrespect them by pulling them out of their comfy bogs and placing them in glass boxes in museums, like those cruel danes

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Reminder that even the fuckers over at Åland chose Finland over Sweden lol

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Friendly reminder that the loving VIKINGS of all people were uneasy around finns.

Traditionally finns took a live pig with them in the sauna, as a kind of biologic chronometer while they were drinnking themselves stupid with hallucinogenic reindeer piss.

as a bonus you now have a luau goin

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Yolomon Wayne posted:

as you probably can tell, Finland was a pretty rad place back in the day

and seriously, don't invade us because it won't end well for you

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Triple A posted:

might wind up paying taxes

a fate worse than death

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Skeesix posted:

Ha ha, Christiania's not going anywhere. It's a huge tourist attraction.

Weird, I was completely convinced that it was shut down, and I remember hearing about it from different sources. However, neat! Have some people who I want to visit it with. If anybodies ever in copenhagen and wants some nice hippie weed, remember this!

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Frostwerks posted:

first picture kinda looks cool whats that from
I just googled Iku Turso. Mythical monster.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Iku-Turso, Äijön poika. Appeared in Donald Duck.

Incidentally, I feel like the english translation doesn't really do justice to the orginal poem.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i want to go to finland and drift a turbo volvo on endless gravel roads while nicely buzzed on aquavit culminating in my instant death when i wrap the car around a tree at 120 kph in the middle of nowhere

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Oct 27, 2015

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Triple A posted:

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Wars Finland has won ever in the history of all time:

Cake Smashing Boob fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Oct 27, 2015

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Although I guess you have a point in that a successful invasion of Finland ultimately nets you, at best, dominion over a few inbred Finns and/or some lovely Finnish bogs.

A poor prize if ever there was one.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

I am ready to move to Finland, but I must know: do you have V-8 juice there?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Fighting a war in Finland is much like interacting with Finns in peaceful situations.

They wont be better at it than you are, but it will still be thoroughly unpleasant for all involved.

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Yolomon Wayne posted:

The Vikings traveled and traded extensively in the middle East... They knew what mongols were capable of

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

all you need to know about finland at war is that 75ish years ago they lost a war against the shoddiest, most incompetent army ever fashioned from a country that couldn't even help its people modernize without getting tens of millions killed

to this day finns still brag about that loss with a twinkle in their eye

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So that's what happened at Fourth of Juluau.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Irradiation posted:

Charlotte Jacobsson, a press spokesperson for Sweden's Migration Board (Migrationsverket) confirmed to The Local that a number of the asylum seekers had felt uncomfortable being surrounded by so much forest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sa33wlTPrQ

They have seen what things roam the nordic forests:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8eA9w

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

how do finnish even carry on their race if they are gloomy, occasionally suicidal and anti-social most of the time?

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

etalian posted:

how do finnish even carry on their race if they are gloomy, occasionally suicidal and anti-social most of the time?

alcoholism

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me"

- old swedish proverb

All are welcome in the land of the free, Sweden

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
even you finns, as long as you know your place

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

They won't welcome finns but give random arabs the red carpet treatment

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
The only time swedish has to deal with finns is on the booze cruise across the sea to buy tax-free alcohol and tobacco. But you are so drunk on that boat and so are they (no kidding) so it's alright.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

von Braun posted:

The only time swedish has to deal with finns is on the booze cruise across the sea to buy tax-free alcohol and tobacco. But you are so drunk on that boat and so are they (no kidding) so it's alright.

On a related note:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLZC569Z2g0

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

etalian posted:

tldr

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Awesome.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Finally fair presentation.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

hard counter posted:

all you need to know about finland at war is that 75ish years ago they lost a war against the shoddiest, most incompetent army ever fashioned from a country that couldn't even help its people modernize without getting tens of millions killed

to this day finns still brag about that loss with a twinkle in their eye

what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...
Hey, we beat the germans in WW2.

Also Olaf the Holy. Possibly.

• Locked thread