Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Nickiepoo posted:

LivewareFailure [score hidden] 13 minutes ago
He is a bully and what he does is pathetic. But we can always put up new JPEG and if he and his GamerGate and Goon followers want to waste their time..

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Serious answer:
It's not a question of believe, It is just a game after all. I don't plan to buy any more ships anyway, the package I got is more than enough. I won't sell it either ( can you sell gifted ships? Or get a refund?) in the end I had more fun not playing SC than the 70?$ the package is worth.

Besides for me believing any of those allegations it would need actual facts and evidence.
Until now nothing special happened besides that CIG has the worst community management and PR I ever saw.

This is a serious response.

If you're looking for evidence that things are hosed then it's right in front of you.

The two biggest issues that have happened just this month are Robert's meltdown and also the fact that people are getting refunds from a movie company instead of CIG.

The Escapist article doesn't add much to the story but Robert's verbal diarrhoea should be a story in and of itself. How many CEOs of multimillion dollar companies do you know would spend 8 hours crafting an angry email in response to a negative press article? If CIG was a listed company the stock price would have taken a huge hit since most investors expect a $92+M company to be run professionally.

Having the CEO write 15 pages of batshit crazy and then have their lawyer write an angry letter threatening to sue (all while in the public eye) is the opposite of professionalism and says all you need to know about how management is being run and gives a lot of underlying support to all the rumours floating around. Would you invest your money in a company if the owner was more interested responding to internet trolls and bad press instead of actually making a product and making money off that product? The fact that the Escapist are standing by their article shows that their lawyers have sat down, looked at all the information and sources they used and determined that everything is above board and they'd have an incredibly high chance of winning any potential law suit. They would have settled or issued a retraction if it wasn't the case since nobody wants to go to court.

The other big issue is that some of the refunds aren't coming from CIG. There was a post some pages back where the guy's refund got split between paypal and a credit card with CIG and another company providing the refund. This is a huge red flag that something is wrong with the financials. If CIG can't even afford to refund small amounts of money then that raises serious issues about problems with cash flow and going concern. Either the majority of backer's money has been transferred to a company completely unrelated to the game (and out of the reach of the backers) or CIG is so cash strapped that other companies have had to step in to make sure they don't breach their various ratios for their line of credit. Either way it should be a warning to anyone who still has money in the game.

In all seriousness, go get a refund and spend it on something more useful from other games to giving it to a medical charity and saving lives. All it takes is one email and if the game ever does pick it up, you can always easily buy back in. The whole funding model is based on selling more ships and now that they're still selling all the 'limited edition' ships that they said they wouldn't sell, it's not like you're going to miss out on any particular item.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

AP posted:

Ken, can you help break through to Karl? I'm worried about him, I think he's got a bad case of the Citizens.

How do you say "Wake up and stop being a crazy cultist" in German?

Wach auf und halt auf ein blöde Kultist zu sein.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Wait those idiots actually think we took down their images? They reported images in this thread that where not even Star Citizen images haha are they serious?

Nickiepoo posted:

LivewareFailure [score hidden] 13 minutes ago
He is a bully and what he does is pathetic. But we can always put up new JPEG and if he and his GamerGate and Goon followers want to waste their time..

lol

there is no :ironicat: big enough in the world for this.

Vire fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 27, 2015

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

That's google translated, the actual German would be "Wach auf und hör auf, ein blöder Kultist zu sein."

Thank you and may I just state for the record, I really like your Beer and Ham.

AP fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 27, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Warum hatte ich instinktiv mit einem Bayern gerechnet? Mach Dir mal keenen Kopp, ohne Drama wär das alles doch nur halb so lustig.

Wach auf und hör auf, ein blöder Kultist zu sein.

AP fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Oct 27, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Kegslayer posted:

This is a serious response.

He can't; his package was gifted.

Karl, sell your account and gtfo this sinking boat.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

AP posted:

That's google translated, the actual German would be "Wach auf und hör auf, ein blöder Kultist zu sein."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

[–]Beau-Miester 45 points 10 hours ago
Yeah. They've been stating since they became public of a 2017 release date, yet people are trying to rush them. I really believe in them on keeping their word and making an amazing game, and doing the 2017 release. I'd rather wait another year for an amazing game than have them rush it due to some people complaining that it's taking too long.

quote:

[–]GodOfDumbness 10 points 7 hours ago
I probably won't be mad if they push that date to 2020.... I am already having fun in the DF Module, Racing isn't my thing, and since FPS Module is coming.... its like 3 different games in one. Whats more, I get to play this for 30dollars! (Early backer)

This is just sad.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

AP posted:

You're welcome, but after posting my reply I found Hopper's much better German message: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748466&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=26#post451950117

(I have to make do with high school and vacation level German - I'm from the cheese and herring country west of them.)

A large farva
Sep 5, 2006

Ramrod XTreme
Has anyone said Chard Saladizen?

1 bunch Swiss chard
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt to taste
crushed red pepper flakes, optional
1 lemon
3/4 cups grated Parmesan, Grana Padano or Pecorino

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

MeLKoR posted:

This is just sad.

Do they really think that 90 million dollars will cover dev cost for 2 more years? Keep buying those jpegs till 2020! Destiny had a 6 year dev cycle it costed them north of 200 million dollars.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

MeLKoR posted:

This is just sad.

You know guys, because i will never need another game again i think i would be comfortable if they push the release date to 2035, its gotta be perfect by then right?

right?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I'm almost caught up with the thread someone please post an image of Sandy crying speech.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

AP posted:

Wache auf und halthöre auf ein blöder Kultist zu sein.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

wtf there were 2 threads??!?

i'm 50 pages behind godfuckingdammit. is bootcha ok?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
That's not even the worst, these people are at the stage of retrieving false memories. When the hell did CIG ever mention 2017 during the kickstarter?

e:

Zmej posted:

is bootcha ok?
bootcha is fine

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

This is just sad.

This is Star Citizen.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

This isnt a video, its a work of art. :coolspot:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder

MeLKoR posted:

That's not even the worst, these people are at the stage of retrieving false memories. When the hell did CIG ever mention 2017 during the kickstarter?

Redditors know more about game development than developers, that's why.

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008

Zmej posted:

wtf there were 2 threads??!?

i'm 50 pages behind godfuckingdammit. is bootcha ok?

You decide:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Holy poo poo.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Truga posted:

Holy poo poo.

THE CAT HEADS ARE REAL

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

SneakyFrog posted:

You know guys, because i will never need another game again i think i would be comfortable if they push the release date to 2035, its gotta be perfect by then right?

right?

At the rate they are developing the guy who is comfortable with 2020 will get his wish anyway. No he won't because they will run dry of money long before that :shepface:. They are already closing a whole studio down to save money.

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you google "star citizen release date" it comes back with "2017".

I'm pretty sure I don't remember that in the kickstarter...

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

fuctifino posted:

Hey janssendalt

Did you buy a premium account?

Not yet

I will buy one in two weeks. With Capt. Undies help

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mcjomar posted:

If you google "star citizen release date" it comes back with "2017".

I'm pretty sure I don't remember that in the kickstarter...

The original release date was like 2014.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Vire posted:

Do they really think that 90 million dollars will cover dev cost for 2 more years? Keep buying those jpegs till 2020! Destiny had a 6 year dev cycle it costed them north of 200 million dollars.

I believe this was a 200 million dollars over several games or years or something. If 200 million was spent on the steaming pile of excrement that is destiny that was a pretty good money laundering scheme.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

Ghostlight posted:

The preferred term in the verse is "fabulous vestments" thank you, citizen.

hahahahahaha I'm a loving idiot

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

neonbregna posted:

I believe this was a 200 million dollars over several games or years or something. If 200 million was spent on the steaming pile of excrement that is destiny that was a pretty good money laundering scheme.

Except Destiny has been a very well received game and is one of the most played multiplayer titles still a year later.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

neonbregna posted:

That original figure was 500 million dollars. I didn't include the ludicrous marketing cost that they budgeted. It was estimated that the dev cost was around 200 million which makes sense if you know how big their dev team is and how many years they worked on it.

janssendalt
May 7, 2015

can CIG get its own The Hole now?

who would they put inside first?

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

The original release date was like 2014.

Yeah, and it still says that on the archives kickstarter page too.
And we've now got the "sometime in 2016" thing for the S42 as well (assuming they survive that long).

What happens around the time of their "anniversary sale" (for the game that doesn't exist yet) is going to be interesting as all hell.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

janssendalt posted:

can CIG get its own The Hole now?

who would they put inside first?

Now you're posting.

Karl_Ramseier
Aug 21, 2015

I don't have to work very hard at being an asshole. It comes naturally.

No practice needed.

Since Goons ruin everything, I'm pretending to be a Goon for Halloween!

AP posted:

Don't forget to chip in some money first.

You didn't took this whole hive mind thing serious? Yeah you did! Lol, yes sure we will chip some money in. I should get a reddit account now.

But seriously, if Mr. Dipshit internet overlord really tries to sue some poor reddit guys I would love to give some money to these guys. And if the money is on an account outside of the USA he can also forget about getting one dime of it, even if he wins. At least that I know for sure.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

mcjomar posted:

What happens around the time of their "anniversary sale" (for the game that doesn't exist yet) is going to be interesting as all hell.
That reminds me. How's the Star Citizen horse doing by the way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

That reminds me. How's the Star Citizen horse doing by the way?

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/profiles/horse/822470/star-citizen

Going nowhere fast?

• Locked thread