Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You didn't took this whole hive mind thing serious? Yeah you did! Lol, yes sure we will chip some money in. I should get a reddit account now.

But seriously, if Mr. Dipshit internet overlord really tries to sue some poor reddit guys I would love to give some money to these guys. And if the money is on an account outside of the USA he can also forget about getting one dime of it, even if he wins. At least that I know for sure.

:chanpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
This image is from jan 2015

so it slid another whole year in less than a year haha.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
such hostility jeez.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You didn't took this whole hive mind thing serious? Yeah you did! Lol, yes sure we will chip some money in. I should get a reddit account now.

But seriously, if Mr. Dipshit internet overlord really tries to sue some poor reddit guys I would love to give some money to these guys. And if the money is on an account outside of the USA he can also forget about getting one dime of it, even if he wins. At least that I know for sure.

Keep on fightin' the good fight fella

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Yeah. "No horse future entries found."

Vire posted:

See, it doesn't say they will launch the game. The will launch the commercial for it.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

the GBS thread is a drat thing of beauty

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Who is we you keep referring to? Not a cult.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Vire posted:

Who is we you keep referring to? Not a cult.

its the imperial we ............. :smuggo: natch.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

janssendalt posted:

can CIG get its own The Hole now?

who would they put inside first?

This thread and the last are always lovely. You see people, and they evolve. A little character arc. People who see their wrongdoings turn around and become...a better human being. If only slightly. But that is more than you can expect.

:unsmith:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

I believe this was a 200 million dollars over several games or years or something. If 200 million was spent on the steaming pile of excrement that is destiny that was a pretty good money laundering scheme.

It was 500 million, including marketing, for 10 years worth of Destiny releases - games, expansions, etc. I don't know how much was spent on the first game but it made a ridiculous amount of money on day 1 let alone everything else they have put out.

Amazing what happens when you release an actual functioning game.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Michaellaneous posted:

This thread and the last are always lovely. You see people, and they evolve. A little character arc. People who see their wrongdoings turn around and become...a better human being. If only slightly. But that is more than you can expect.

:unsmith:
I like janssendalt, I have high hopes.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

AP posted:

I like janssendalt, I have high hopes.

Yeah he is a cool guy.

Reminds me of that guitar playing dude that was full of himself. His name was rose or something. After like 50 pages he agreed to meet goons irl and they all had a good time and he came out as better human being.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mcjomar posted:

Yeah, and it still says that on the archives kickstarter page too.
And we've now got the "sometime in 2016" thing for the S42 as well (assuming they survive that long).

What happens around the time of their "anniversary sale" (for the game that doesn't exist yet) is going to be interesting as all hell.

S24 is episodic content too. That is only for episode 1.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

MeLKoR posted:

That's not even the worst, these people are at the stage of retrieving false memories. When the hell did CIG ever mention 2017 during the kickstarter?

Remember when they said that the game practically was one year into the development already when the kickstarter started? The Ministry Of Truth has decided that what they actually said was that it would be out three years later than promised. Probably.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Vire posted:

hey at least they got the baby pu out this year

checkmate goons

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
I figured it out. They're buying as many custom avs as possible to drain Derek's legal funds. The plan is solid and will stop the impending doom we can't win :negative:

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Anybody who says this game is coming out clearly hasn't worked for a company that entered a failure cascade.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Vire posted:

So they are at least a year behind schedule, rome wasnt built in a day you know

BTW a year in full scale game development can be anywhere between 20m to 30m dollars. So those are expenses they werent accounting for in their roadmap

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cao Ni Ma posted:

So they are at least a year behind schedule, rome wasnt built in a day you know

BTW a year in full scale game development can be anywhere between 20m to 30m dollars. So those are expenses they werent accounting for in their roadmap

RSI is actually near 2 years behind, 3 - 4 years when Squadron 42 comes out, but the delayed timer will still be ticking because S42 will not be completed fully by then and the other promised gameplay modes wont be done yet either. There's no excuse for why Squadron 42 isn't finished and feature complete by right now. It should be a full game buyable on Steam right now and it's not and that is beyond unacceptable.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I said come in! posted:

RSI is actually near 2 years behind, 3 - 4 years when Squadron 42 comes out, but the delayed timer will still be ticking because S42 will not be completed fully by then and the other promised gameplay modes wont be done yet either.

so 2035 is optimistic

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

I said come in! posted:

RSI is actually near 2 years behind, 3 - 4 years when Squadron 42 comes out, but the delayed timer will still be ticking because S42 will not be completed fully by then and the other promised gameplay modes wont be done yet either. There's no excuse for why Squadron 42 isn't finished and feature complete by right now. It should be a full game buyable on Steam right now and it's not and that is beyond unacceptable.

Squadron 42 is now called Squadron 21. Although it features half the amount of content Star Citizen fans are overjoyed that the same amount of time, money and effort is going into a smaller game to increase the fidelity beyond all that was previously imagined. As well as drink vending minigames you can now serve lukewarm ham and cheese croissants and polite portions of chocolates to your fellow citizens as they spend hours sat motionless in the back of your space bus on the way to the next grand adventure (each episode comprised of 45 mins video, 10 mins gameplay, 5 mins Gary Oldman speeches). Rejoice.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

I said come in! posted:

Didn't elite basically do this in the same time frame?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

alphabettitouretti posted:

Squadron 42 is now called Squadron 21. Although it features half the amount of content Star Citizen fans are overjoyed that the same amount of time, money and effort is going into a smaller game to increase the fidelity beyond all that was previously imagined. As well as drink vending minigames you can now serve lukewarm ham and cheese croissants and polite portions of chocolates to your fellow citizens as they spend hours sat motionless in the back of your space bus on the way to the next grand adventure (each episode comprised of 45 mins video, 10 mins gameplay, 5 mins Gary Oldman speeches). Rejoice.

:golfclap:

some grade AA quality here.

PhallicPhalanges
Jun 9, 2015

Her navel is all time musky... Bt look at her face... Her face makes my ROD wakes

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Same

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tortolia posted:

It was 500 million, including marketing, for 10 years worth of Destiny releases - games, expansions, etc. I don't know how much was spent on the first game but it made a ridiculous amount of money on day 1 let alone everything else they have put out.

Amazing what happens when you release an actual functioning game.

Yeah they had a lot of good will from halo to burn up delivering a boring multiplayer grind fest with shallow gameplay and a small universe. If you like doing the same poo poo over and over then destiny is the perfect autism simulator for you. I haven't bothered playing it since shortly after the first expansion so maybe it has gotten better I don't know. Just kill yourself if you actually put any value in video game journalist reviews.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Whichever of you goons did these, you need to do more.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

spacetoaster posted:

Whichever of you goons did these, you need to do more.

:golfclap:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Karl_Ramseier posted:

You and Octopode should get together and not play spaceship games.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SneakyFrog posted:

the GBS thread is a drat thing of beauty

This is art

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Not mine. Whoever did it, do more. pls

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Did Bootcha get his money back yet?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madcosby posted:

There is no money

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Madcosby posted:

he made art.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Madcosby posted:

Pretty sure you can't just ask for a refund of a VC investment when things go south haha. At best they could buy him out probably and the fact that they aren't should be a huge warning siren to even the most die hard believer because I doubt they would want to profit share with him after what he has posted in the thread if they think their game is going to make millions.

Vire fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm glad reddit is willing to foot the bill to keep this dumb forum alive and relevant.

This thread's the best.

• Locked thread