Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qf69x/psa_help_imgur_to_understand_that_rstarcitizen/

Guys this might be the new go to thread for laughs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:goon:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So I'm guessing r/starcitizen took friendly fire from that random redditor's imgur autoreporting bot then?

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Vire posted:

This image is from jan 2015

so it slid another whole year in less than a year haha.

Philmography 5 points 44 minutes ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again: anyone who expected SC to come out before 2016 was clearly delusional about the realities of game development, both in terms of production times for such a huge project and regarding the necessity for studios to low-ball their delivery estimates in order to keep consumers and investors interested. I backed the game 2 years ago and will be very happy to wait another year, or even two, if it means we'll get the game that we're all hoping for.

edit : https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qf3g1/who_else_has_seen_this_sc_isnt_the_only_ones_with/

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So I'm guessing r/starcitizen took friendly fire from that random redditor's imgur autoreporting bot then?

Because half the stuff we post here comes directly from them because it's so hilariously stupid.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Fantastic.

Have fun and take care of yourselves out there, reddit.

;)

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Hooded Reptile posted:

Philmography 5 points 44 minutes ago

I've said it before and I'll say it again: anyone who expected SC to come out before 2016 was clearly delusional about the realities of game development, both in terms of production times for such a huge project and regarding the necessity for studios to low-ball their delivery estimates in order to keep consumers and investors interested. I backed the game 2 years ago and will be very happy to wait another year, or even two, if it means we'll get the game that we're all hoping for.

edit : https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3qf3g1/who_else_has_seen_this_sc_isnt_the_only_ones_with/

Clearly the people are delusional for trusting CIG.

Oh wait.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Who said it was reddit or star citizens burning all the jpgs

:tinfoil:

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Pretty much someone used it on all the images in this thread not realising most of it was their own images. We know it was them who did it because they took down cooking images in this thread that had nothing to do with star citizen as well.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

In a few yearsmonths posting images of SC will be considered blasphemy by the cult. Star Citizen will be a dream only allowed to exist purely in the minds of the followers. Any picture or render will be seen as just a filthy flawed interpretation of the divine idea of Croberts. Any WIP pictures will be erased to destroy any hint of the lack of progress.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Vire posted:

This image is from jan 2015

so it slid another whole year in less than a year haha.

I believe their plan is to continue to slide backwards, until they hit negative development and eventually overflow to a completed game.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Reddit / SC accidentally reporting their own images and getting them taken down is the best thing so far :lol:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Vire posted:

Pretty much someone used it on all the images in this thread not realising most of it was their own images. We know it was them who did it because they took down cooking images in this thread that had nothing to do with star citizen as well.

:bravo: Reddit.

you are true citizen heroes.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Nuclearmonkee posted:

I believe their plan is to continue to slide backwards, until they hit negative development and eventually overflow to a completed game.

I hope it ends up as dune buggies in space with missile launches, I'd play star citizen if it was just this.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Hooded Reptile posted:

I hope it ends up as dune buggies in space with missile launches, I'd play star citizen if it was just this.

so... the expansion to elite dangerous then?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Vire posted:

At best they could buy him out probably

IIRC there were like half a dozen VCs, and out of those, 2 or 3 got bought out very early on, probably because they were asking real questions.

Also,

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hey reddit, archive this:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Truga posted:

IIRC there were like half a dozen VCs, and out of those, 2 or 3 got bought out very early on, probably because they were asking real questions.

Also,

thank you for your service.

Saved.

one day when this is all over. all the pictures will be unleashed... again.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Warum hatte ich instinktiv mit einem Bayern gerechnet? Mach Dir mal keenen Kopp, ohne Drama wär das alles doch nur halb so lustig.

Pfft Kopp? Meine 35 Euronen sind gut angelegt und mein passives Erlebnis als Zuschauer war bisher unterhaltsamer als Kino.
Und mal ehrlich, auf Bairisch kann man so schön fluchen, ohne es bierernst zu meinen ;-)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Vire posted:

The recipe posts being an integral part of determining the culprit is absolutely hilarious to me.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
won't somebody think of the pork chops????

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vire posted:

loving lmao

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

thatguy posted:

The recipe posts being an integral part of determining the culprit is absolutely hilarious to me.

Deranged M
Nov 14, 2012

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Goons rush in where Angels fear to tread :devil:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi star citizen redditors reading this thread

whatever redditors were reporting the images with a bot, that was a pretty sick self own

please keep doing those because we honestly really enjoy it when you self own that badly

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Vire posted:

lmbo

This is like some bugs bunny bullfight nonsense.

It looks like they stopped when they realized what was going on, though.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
The hell is going on? Derek hasn't had a tweet in 17 hours. My F5 finger is getting tired. I have a full bag of popcorn over here going to waste

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I love that they will play it off like 'yeah whatevs we don't care' but inside they will be pretty embarrassed and annoyed

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Vire posted:

This is the greatest thing.

I don't know a lot about reddit, but can they go back and retroactively fix a "top" reddit post that's now pointing at a removed image? 'Cause if not and this has rendered their "top" page useless for the foreseeable future while we're able to just go in and fix our posts here.... holy poo poo that backfire is so loving funny I don't even know what to say.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

peter gabriel posted:

I love that they will play it off like 'yeah whatevs we don't care' but inside they will be pretty embarrassed and annoyed

To be fair it was probably one idiot and most of them think it's pretty scummy too. I mean in that thread they already sent request to imgur to get em back so it's pretty clear they do care.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Chalks posted:

This is the greatest thing.

I don't know a lot about reddit, but can they go back and retroactively fix a "top" reddit post that's now pointing at a removed image? 'Cause if not and this has rendered their "top" page useless for the foreseeable future while we're able to just go in and fix our posts here.... holy poo poo that backfire is so loving funny I don't even know what to say.

im pretty sure you can't change the link in a reddit post, so no, they hosed their own top page

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

thank you for your service.

Saved.

one day when this is all over. all the pictures will be unleashed... again.

Don't worry, I keep my shops on my own host, they can't take me down :smug:

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Eonwe posted:

hi star citizen redditors reading this thread

whatever redditors were reporting the images with a bot, that was a pretty sick self own

please keep doing those because we honestly really enjoy it when you self own that badly

Lol, pages and pages of deleted top for all time in /r today.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Everything aside, Reddit is an awful website from a technlogical standpoint. Who commented on who, and when, and what?

This makes shitposting hard. It also uses some bullshit special snowflake markup language and not BBCode like normal people.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Vire posted:

To be fair it was probably one idiot and most of them think it's pretty scummy too. I mean in that thread they already sent request to imgur to get em back so it's pretty clear they do care.

Well.. since we enacted operation poopypants, all the pics are located in our submarine lair servers, backed up on solid state 50 jiggabyte drives.

I suppose if they ask nicely we can put em back.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DarkRefreshment posted:

The hell is going on? Derek hasn't had a tweet in 17 hours. My F5 finger is getting tired. I have a full bag of popcorn over here going to waste

Just set a notification in Twitter to have the Twitter app on your phone notify you when he tweets.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Why would someone report this image?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

I said come in! posted:

Just set a notification in Twitter to have the Twitter app on your phone notify you when he tweets.

you poor bastard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

quote:

this is likely retaliatory, ds/whatever sockpuppet started dmca'ing pics and archives that screencapped anything ds said or did especially things that he deleted, sounds like he got a stern warning from someone or something, and wanted to get rid of evidence, then someone did it back to him/SA forums and now its just retaliatory, also if imgur actually does take a loook at any of it, (which i doubt) whoevers been issuing the false dmcas are in for a real pimpslapping if imgur feels like it

The story is changing. Now it was D Smart who did it first and Reddit was just retaliating.

• Locked thread