Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Phi Phi Island was one of the worst tourist hellholes I went to in Thailand.

Ko Samui and Ko Samet on the other hand were amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

No Man's Sky announced for June '16. Where will Star Citizen be at by that point?

Did Chris Roberts move over to Hello Games?

NMS = Simultaneous launch with SC = 2020 = Soon™

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry
aww, they killed my flatfishfaces

YOU MONSTERS :arghfist::3:

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

tell me you have used that analogy for goons before...
or have you been hanging onto that extremely accurate analogy waiting for the time when it was most needed?

I haven't.

Was just staring into the distance at work wondering what had become of my life and dreams and that little bright eyed 10 year old boy when I thought of Leonardo DiCaprio like I tend to do.

Plus I kinda really like that movie.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

DarkRefreshment posted:

Did Chris Roberts move over to Hello Games?

NMS = Simultaneous launch with SC = 2020 = Soon™

At least they have the excuse of only having like 4 employees and aren't asking for donor money.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

ChairmanMauzer posted:

Not in my experience. I've been waiting a month.

So I started a chargeback process with my bank/Visa. I hope their dispute committee grants me mercy.

Yep I just got the generic 'currently experiencing an unusually high load of tickets' (read: "refund requests") message.

Confirmed I will get my refund 2 days before game launch in 2020

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

What bot is this now?

Some redditor wrote a bot that reported pics in the SC threads to get them autoremoved from imgur.

Some of the pics that were taken were actually reposted from r/starcitizen's top pages of all time. You can imagine the reaction.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

No Man's Sky announced for June '16. Where will Star Citizen be at by that point?

"Yeah but that game's been in development for longer and isn't as immersive as Star Citizen is. You clearly don't know anything about games development." :lesnick:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Shala posted:

I haven't.

Was just staring into the distance at work wondering what had become of my life and dreams and that little bright eyed 10 year old boy when I thought of Leonardo DiCaprio like I tend to do.

Plus I kinda really like that movie.

wowza

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Shala posted:

:kimchi: :kimchi:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

oh he was dreamy i forgotted.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Vire posted:

At least they have the excuse of only having like 4 employees and aren't asking for donor money.

True but who needs it with the ridiculous amount of money Sony made it rain on them for holding the game until Morpheus comes out

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

IrvingWashington posted:

aww, they killed my flatfishfaces

YOU MONSTERS :arghfist::3:

Best to avoid posting creative things on imgur and just copy more links from the main reddit.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

DarkRefreshment posted:

True but who needs it with the ridiculous amount of money Sony made it rain on them for holding the game until Morpheus comes out

Sounds like a sony problem not a consumer problem. Dunno why people would hold it against them it's not like it's their money. Sony is the one who is hyping it up way too much as well. It just seems like a neat little indie exploration game.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Chalks posted:

To be fair this image is cropped in such a way that it gives a rather misleading impression:

Can someone link the /scg/ section? 4chan is even worse than reddit.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Vire posted:

Sounds like a sony problem not a consumer problem. Dunno why people would hold it against them it's not like it's their money. Sony is the one who is hyping it up way too much as well. It just seems like a neat little indie exploration game.

Hey I'm all for a business making money (both Sony and Hello Games). Especially when it's not a crowd funded non-starter. But don't tickle my dick for over a year before it's released.

And thus the circle back to Star Citizen has been achieved.

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

oh my god. i have no words

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

When was the first appearance of the money hat guy?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Re: CIG banning folks from the RSI forums for posts here, BeerForTheBeerGod was a prominent member of the RSI community and was basically the laison of good faith between the goons and CIG for a while. He was abruptly permabanned at RSI (skipping over the normally more lenient ban levels) for posting something that they construed as baiting/trolling (it was just something critical/argumentative, you know, a contradictory thought on a discussion board) and it just so happened to be during this thread's full-on nuclear meltdown. It was determined that RSI does actively read (and catalog? Wtf) this thread, so put two and two together basically.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
The thing that gets me the most is the sheer hypocrisy in the whole thing. If EA or any other gaming company had done something like this (selling concept art with no release date for a game that kept getting pushed back and was still pre-alpha after four years in development) people would be asking for the CEO's head and threatening lawsuits. But no, CRoberts is somehow different! For....absolutely no discernible reason. Even though his last game had to be taken away from him and hasn't done anything in the industry in over a decade. The crowdfunded excuse doesn't fly, you are still a gaming company.

And they wonder why they get called cultists.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

Two or three days after Sandi was called a racist by an anonymous sources who presumably work at CIG. They talked to the Escapist who put up a scathing article.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I made it to the end of the thread. I just thought you would all want to know that.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

if you ever need to find something specific on 4chan just use one of the many archiving services (archiveteam has a list) to run a search, it's wayyy easier than trying to use 4chan directly

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

The only thing more insubstantial than SC is Leo's loving OSCAR

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

SelenicMartian posted:

IDK

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

Justin Tyme posted:

Re: CIG banning folks from the RSI forums for posts here, BeerForTheBeerGod was a prominent member of the RSI community and was basically the laison of good faith between the goons and CIG for a while. He was abruptly permabanned at RSI (skipping over the normally more lenient ban levels) for posting something that they construed as baiting/trolling (it was just something critical/argumentative, you know, a contradictory thought on a discussion board) and it just so happened to be during this thread's full-on nuclear meltdown. It was determined that RSI does actively read (and catalog? Wtf) this thread, so put two and two together basically.

Understood. What is step 1 in obtaining a refund?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

DreadLlama posted:

Understood. What is step 1 in obtaining a refund?

The old thread is still kicking around with a helptext.

Basically message support, ask for a refund, expain why.
Do NOT mention dsmart, the escapist, or any goons.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Jst0rm posted:

I made it to the end of the thread. I just thought you would all want to know that.

No you haven't. Not even close.

You have only just reached the beginning, for the Star Citizen thread will never, has never, and will never end.

You fleetingly chase an end you can never reach in vain hope of a conclusion.

But Star Citizen is endless.

Star Citizen is infinite.

STAR CITIZEN is eternal.

STAR CITIZEN IS

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Michaellaneous posted:

Do mention that you will do a chargeback if you have to.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Michaellaneous posted:

Pretty much. I just said I hit some hard times and need the money for family.

Which is true. I'm using the money to upgrade my daughter's roller derby skates.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Jst0rm posted:

And you still don't have a game, but you did get to see quite a lot of hairy pussy...s.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

RPS posted its thing.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/27/star-citizen-101-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-controversial/

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Jst0rm posted:

or did you???????????????

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jst0rm posted:

I'll get you gadget...

next time.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

quote:

roleplaying game from Chris Roberts

Suddenly it makes sense and they have so far missed the chance to make money on dice.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

MeLKoR posted:

http://boards.4chan.org/vg/thread/120366756/scg-star-citizen-general-return-to-hangar-edition

Once the thread reaches a certain number of posts it will get archived. You'll have to go back to the "catalog" for the /vg/ board (their list of threads, but with pictures because 4channers are all in kindergarten) and find the next "scg" thread.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

quote:

FYI, the median wage in the US per person is $26,695 per annum.

$51,000 or so. Nice work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Just found this stuff laying around the internet...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fEQMZNwZGc

• Locked thread