Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I think we all can agree that Star Citizen will forever be remembered as the game that brought us :lesnick:, :gary: and :wtchris:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I think we all can agree that Star Citizen will forever be remembered as the game that brought us :lesnick:, :gary: and :wtchris:

we can fit a few more in there before this is over.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Dongattack posted:

oh my loving god, hello childhood, goodbye spare time

Disclaimer i havent played renegade x yet because i too found out about it today.
but a game that does vehicle deliver like this cant be a bad one
http://i.imgur.com/5Hoahia.webm

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Dark Off posted:

Disclaimer i havent played renegade x yet because i too found out about it today.
but a game that does vehicle deliver like this cant be a bad one
http://i.imgur.com/5Hoahia.webm

In the original the helicopters just landed from the sky. Welp.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Jst0rm posted:

we can fit a few more in there before this is over.

I've already used these images more than the jpgs I bought in the "concept' phase of SC

Edit: Post needed more Gary :gary: :gary: :gary:

DarkRefreshment fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Oct 27, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

2DCAT posted:

I tried to get one bigger, but the dimensions are 90x25px vOv sorry!

Not a problem, thanks anyway for contributing to this big gay forum. Your gif purchase is well appreciated.

:gary:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
"I am still confident that this game will be very good"

- An idiot.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I hope Alec Meer stays far away from Star Citizen, he shouldn't be using facts this way as it's going to give potential new backers 2nd thoughts.

That's not good as CIG won't get more money.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
You may take our JPEGs, but you'll never take our :gary:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

2DCAT posted:

I tried to get one bigger, but the dimensions are 90x25px vOv sorry!
resize it to :captainpop: size and ask nicely in QCS

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jst0rm posted:

will it still delete if its not inline?

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Some of these are actually being deleted, but the rest of this thread looks safe. Very spooky situation at the moment, please pray for goon jpeg safety.

Two of that lot have been deleted already. If it was the bot wouldn't all be down by now? If it was a person why delete anything at all? Or just two? I don't know what to make of it.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Obvious whale bait

Edit: I'll take 3 if they come with LTI

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.
So I see Dolvak is still posting and it seems r/DerekSmart is back as well, in full force. These people just don't learn.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

Two of that lot have been deleted already. If it was the bot wouldn't all be down by now? If it was a person why delete anything at all? Or just two? I don't know what to make of it.

Somebody (I forget who, sorry) suggested it might have something to do with votes on The IMGur, vOv

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Christ Roberts, RSI is so good at crowdfunding GIFs SA is making money now off GIFs!

:gary: :10bux::20bux:

Except these GIFs are part of a working system that fulfills it's role in it's entirety.

...SA has a better and more successful business model than RSI. Thank Roberts for Lowtax.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

MeLKoR posted:

Imgur's deletion program probably has a few low-level rules before it complies. For instance, if an image has lots of upvotes or views or favorites, or if it is linked in a reddit thread that's currently in the "hot" category on reddit, imgur probably ignores the takedown request. That's why the imgur front-page images in this thread haven't been removed.

tl;dr: the bot IS hitting everything, but Imgur's bot is refusing to delete some of the images. As with everything related to reddit, it's a popularity contest.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Oct 27, 2015

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Klyith posted:

resize it to :captainpop: size and ask nicely in QCS

The fate of :gary: now rests with Lowtax

Das Gray
Jun 26, 2015

Wishes life was in Everquest classic graphics.
Lipstick Apathy
I find it interesting that a "social media director" for ZAM called Derek a "stupid gently caress". haha :gary: Fake Edit: Got this from a quick browsing of ole' DSmart's twitter replies.

Das Gray fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 27, 2015

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
god I got beat so bad

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
This is the best episode of battlebots I've ever watched

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Goons falling on goon swords trying to bring the reddit hype train down is the funniest thing I have read all week.

How many more innocent .jpegs must die? HOW MANY MORE?

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

MeLKoR posted:

Plausible theories:
a) imgur's deletion system has some sort of algorithm that compares reports to views and probably upvotes, so N delete votes won't kill every image.

b) It's not a 100% automated system.

c) It actually stopped a while ago once the news got to the top of r/starcitizen, and the last few deletions are still propagating through imgur's cache system. That would explain why some old stuff is still getting hit but new images on the last 10 pages seem safe.

If The Wuldge shows up later with "inside info" that it was all Derek Smart's doing, we'll know it was (c).

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Children’s tales back on Goondor speak of a goon who would make a jpeg so strong, that neither imgur, nor tinypic, nor imageshack could ever take it down. It is this chosen goon that is said to bring Something Awful back into relevance. Is that goon among us today??

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

mormonpartyboat posted:

Justin Tyme posted:

A forum war in the year 2015, what a time to be alive

complete with wardialers and ascii art and the goatman

*edit* Attachments are dum:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shala fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Oct 27, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

2DCAT posted:

Children’s tales back on Goondor speak of a goon who would make a jpeg so strong, that neither imgur, nor tinypic, nor imageshack could ever take it down. It is this chosen goon that is said to bring Something Awful back into relevance. Is that goon among us today??

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

2DCAT posted:

Can that goon differentiate between his rear end and a hole in the ground? Tune in next week to find out! (7PM EST/5 PM CT)

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

DarkRefreshment posted:

This link from the RPS article...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tnx5w5EwJw23lPYhHdlHs5g/htmlview

There are 100 ships listed. 27 are in a full flyable state. So only about a fourth are actually usable right now. Yet more ships keep going on sale, ever increasing the backlog. This is what happens when there is no oversight. An "evil" publisher type role would step in at this point and smack everyone around. Hell, get 75% done (starting oldest first) before you add to the pile. I think it's indicative of the whole situation over there with the mismanagement.

Not to mention a lot of those are variants of the same ship. So even that 27 number is inflated, because you can't tell me it is that hard to make a version of an existing model.

Yup. This is where some are getting the Ponzi scheme theory from because they are selling JPEG ships in order to fund the 3D construction of previously sold JPEG ships.

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015

They streamlined the memes.

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

so uh lod tactics is actually pretty decent. i suck at it but its while-pooping fun

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
I still don't understand the current sperg theory that we are trying to destroy the game and don't want it to come out. Of course we want it to come out. If loving with these nitwits is this fun on the internet imagine how much fun it will be in an actual game.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

I still don't understand the current sperg theory that we are trying to destroy the game and don't want it to come out. Of course we want it to come out. If loving with these nitwits is this fun on the internet imagine how much fun it will be in an actual game.

Dude, it'd just be a hugbox anyway.

TheCoach
Mar 11, 2014
Mentioning DSmart is like mentioning the devil on the internet right now.
He tweeted that he liked Infinity Battlescape and immediately on I:B forums there were people freaking out about SC fans going mental about this.

EDIT: Also Mr. DEREK for all your words you still haven't backed it, are you not a man of your SMART word?

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Deep in the evening of this day, October 27, the Year of our Roberts 2015, quietly, gently, CashEnsign's jimmies rustle...

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

The utterly massive game with shittons of content will be instanced anyways. So it'll be just the furries playing among themselves and so on.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

DSmart. He is only getting stronger.
His power...is growing.

He is the one. He can take down Croberts and end this.
Have my spirit power, DSmart.

Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
I want the game to come out. I just believe that it can come out with the 90 million budget they have and a practical checklist of features.
Instead they are baiting more whales with jpgs and doing gently caress all with their budge except going "oops better get some more money, this time we WONT slack off"

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Pogue Ma Hoon posted:

The same guys angry that we're losing interest in the game are the very same who were really upset that goons were planning on playing the game. Mental illness is the front running explanation for most of these things.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Klyith posted:

Plausible theories:
a) imgur's deletion system has some sort of algorithm that compares reports to views and probably upvotes, so N delete votes won't kill every image.

b) It's not a 100% automated system.

c) It actually stopped a while ago once the news got to the top of r/starcitizen, and the last few deletions are still propagating through imgur's cache system. That would explain why some old stuff is still getting hit but new images on the last 10 pages seem safe.

If The Wuldge shows up later with "inside info" that it was all Derek Smart's doing, we'll know it was (c).

the best part is when people go "HOW DO YOU KNOW IT WAS A REDDITOR???!?!?!" because they can't bear to imagine that at least some of the people in the brown sea are actual human garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Been busy with work all day, did that RPS guy ever write the article? And if so, did the cultists react comically to it?

• Locked thread