Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Can't be a citizens sister, she is too clothed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

:realisticphysics:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

:captainpop:
Is it really possible to get to 18% ABV without distilling? Mind=blown

There are Belgians in the mid-high 20s. Many of them don't even taste like it at all!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

3 posted:

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Octopode?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:cripes:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

lmao

So begins the quick slide into fanatical fundamentalism of the star citizen backers. Guys it didn't work with conservatives and it's def. not going to work with your space game

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

So has anyone been able to answer how they've managed to take a semi-functional engine (albeit one aimed at spectacle more than anything) and have it be so completely devoid of functionality? What have they done to the poor thing to even make those things happen?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

KakerMix posted:

lmao

So begins the quick slide into fanatical fundamentalism of the star citizen backers. Guys it didn't work with conservatives and it's def. not going to work with your space game

hoboy

this is looking good

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
On chargebacks:

It is most efficient to state generic reasons for requesting a refund. However the part of my brain which is neither calculating or efficient, is offended.

I could state,

"Hey I don't follow your game too closely. I pledged/donated back in the LTI stage because I figured 2X(Freelancer 2 MSRB) seemed alright. But now I have learned that you are singling out a group of internet people of whom I am fond and treating them unfairly. This is why I would like a refund."

and if the 'internet minority' consisted of sexual deviants or racial minorities that would make it A Big Deal but because we're just a bunch of shitposters it's alright.

At this point I feel that if there ever is a Persistent Universe, it will not be run in an impartial manner. I predict something between pre-CSM EVE (ca. 2006) and "roommate's CS server".

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

I'm Ben's hair.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yes. You can get over 20% with the right yeast. The longer you age the less bite the alcohol has, and instead the result is a very pleasant and buttery smooth taste.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

spacetoaster posted:

I'm Ben's hair.

:sterv:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

:boom:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Omi-Polari posted:

Derek Smart is like ... Muad'Dib if you think about it. He who controls the JPEGs controls the internet. When Derek was cast out of the space game community, he came to our sietch and proved his prowess as a goon. Nay, he proved himself a greater shitposter than all other goons, for which the prophecies foretold will lead us to salvation.

He is the Kwisatz Haderach of shitposting. He is the one who can shitpost where we cannot.

Careful, you're giving me an erection.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yes. You can get over 20% with the right yeast. The longer you age the less bite the alcohol has, and instead the result is a very pleasant and buttery smooth taste.

On a related note, I picked some hops I found growing near home - no idea whatsoever of what kind it is - and have frozen it in the hope of using it for brewing some time. How likely is it that I wasted my time and/or future beer?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

CartmanboyGolden Ticket 3 pontos 2 hours ago
Remember when gaming journalism was about INFORMATION not shoving in bribed opinion into everyone´s faces all the time?
gaming journalism is now as trustworthy as CNN, FOX and MSNBC. Mainstream bullshit.
Gaming media has been in the gutter for quite some time. Whores and lobbyists.
I've been a consumer of "gaming journalism" since the days of the ZX Spectrum and it was always "bribed opinion".

e:

quote:

[–]CartmanboyGolden Ticket -1 pontos 2 hours ago
no, all they can do is rambling and begging for clicks. Which I refuse to give them, unless my adblock is set to maximum stun.
Gaming online media sucks since at least 2009, and there are only very few exceptions.
Gamer Nexus, 100% excellent example - THAT is gaming journalism, not that mainstream crap. Gamer Nexus is so awesome in fact I give them money next month for being awesome. Never did that before, but I want, because quality.
That's probably because 2009 was when you started playing games.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Oct 28, 2015

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

I see you've never dug into the honorable hobby of prison wine.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
I'm starting to think star citzen might not be a good game. I better surround myself with media that only shares my opinion before my world view is shattered.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

MeLKoR posted:

I've been a consumer of "gaming journalism" since the days of the ZX Spectrum and it was always "bribed opinion".

Amiga Power is and always will be the best gaming journalism to have existed, they really just did not give a gently caress.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
https://np.reddit.com/r/ScamShitizen/

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

archive this, reddit

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

It's funny how Seraph's little subreddit marches on, while Derek is the bad guy here.

And by funny I mean a travesty.

Jimb
Feb 14, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks, now I want butter beer.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
:vince:

This is like an Aphex Twin video.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

art

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

:perfect:

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Omi-Polari posted:

adios turd nuggets

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

God drat.

Crossposting to GBS.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Omi-Polari posted:

for those that dont know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBS4Gi1y_nc

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Io_ posted:

Amiga Power is and always will be the best gaming journalism to have existed, they really just did not give a gently caress.
Immortalised by the petty revenges of Team 17, they were goons before our time.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

Aaaaand one of the pictures already got deleted. Bot is definitely still active.

That one was deleted some time ago:

IrvingWashington posted:

XCOM 2 doesn't look very good

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Archive this, reddit:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Can't take the sky from me!

Nixie will not be denied

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Oct 28, 2015

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Fooma posted:

Guys, please stop. if you keep encouraging refunds and questioning CIG, they won't have funds to make the game. Things would have been perfectly fine if you all had just stayed quiet, but now with bad publicity and less funds things are going to be even more delayed and they have to resort to more creative ways to get funding. This could have been successful! Everyone's free to spend their money how they want so just enjoy the dream that costs you nothing. you stirred up the crazies, that exist in every community, which have spoiled it for the silent majority. If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

Telling people to get their money out of a promising Kickstarter that has devolved into the most pathetic Ponzi scheme in history run by an incompetent egomaniac is a loving public service.

The community is a bunch of sad deluded nerds buying jpegs for something that doesn't exist and don't have the backbone and balls to say 'What the gently caress are you doing with my money'. They are sycophants who silence any questions. I am not shedding any tears for the spineless, cult like community

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

IrvingWashington posted:

That one was deleted some time ago:

'twas fine when I posted it, maybe you're thinking of the same picture but a different link? Anyway, it seems to have stopped now, I don't know wtf any more.

e: duh, it's the same link, but it was showing fine for me for a couple of minutes. :frogbon:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Oct 28, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

ahhhhhhhhhhhhahahahahaha

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

He achieved RPS so "they don't get clicks"

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/27/star-citizen-101-what-is-it-and-why-is-it-controversial/#more-324237

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

MeLKoR posted:

'twas fine when I posted it, maybe you're thinking of the same picture but a different link? Anyway, it seems to have stopped now, I don't know wtf any more.

e: duh, it's the same link, but it was showing fine for me for a couple of minutes. :frogbon:

I'd blame caching. It's always caching whenever a client tells me something hasn't updated yet, and they never, ever remember :negative:

If only there were a fun spacegame I could play to take my mind off of work

• Locked thread