Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

DreadLlama posted:

On chargebacks:

It is most efficient to state generic reasons for requesting a refund. However the part of my brain which is neither calculating or efficient, is offended.

I could state,

"Hey I don't follow your game too closely. I pledged/donated back in the LTI stage because I figured 2X(Freelancer 2 MSRB) seemed alright. But now I have learned that you are singling out a group of internet people of whom I am fond and treating them unfairly. This is why I would like a refund."

and if the 'internet minority' consisted of sexual deviants or racial minorities that would make it A Big Deal but because we're just a bunch of shitposters it's alright.

At this point I feel that if there ever is a Persistent Universe, it will not be run in an impartial manner. I predict something between pre-CSM EVE (ca. 2006) and "roommate's CS server".

I'd say at this point don't even request a refund anymore and just initiate a chargeback wuth your bank cause they're delaying refunds and it gets their merchant services involved.

All you have to do is tell your credit card company or bank they never provided a product or service which you ordered. Burden of proof falls on cig to show that they did, which they obviously can't and they'll automatically lose the chargeback case.

You get your money back, and they'll eventually get flagged by their own banks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Omi-Polari posted:

:vince:

This is like an Aphex Twin video.

Someone needs to put Gary's face over Aphex Twin's face(s) in the Come to Daddy Video...

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
A goon I play games that actually exist with summarized the SC drama and said that part of it was the wife of the owner has a problem with pubic hair? Someone clarify this, please. It sounds too funny to be true.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

EvilJoven posted:

A goon I play games that actually exist with summarized the SC drama and said that part of it was the wife of the owner has a problem with pubic hair? Someone clarify this, please. It sounds too funny to be true.

she allegedly didn't hire a woman because she "looked like she had a hairy oval office", no real source to back it up beyond "something an ex-employeee said so grain of salt but still funny

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

EvilJoven posted:

One of the Escapist sources said sandi commented on a potential hire saying she looked like she had a hairy cooter

Apparently there's a video of sandi acting like a douche but they won't release it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

:gary:

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
how can anyone not look at this and think the game will be poo poo? literally a loving dark blob with some red accents and the helmet i dont even know

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

DarkRefreshment posted:

This link from the RPS article...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/tnx5w5EwJw23lPYhHdlHs5g/htmlview

There are 100 ships listed. 27 are in a full flyable state. So only about a fourth are actually usable right now. Yet more ships keep going on sale, ever increasing the backlog. This is what happens when there is no oversight. An "evil" publisher type role would step in at this point and smack everyone around. Hell, get 75% done (starting oldest first) before you add to the pile. I think it's indicative of the whole situation over there with the mismanagement.

Not to mention a lot of those are variants of the same ship. So even that 27 number is inflated, because you can't tell me it is that hard to make a version of an existing model.

the best part is that some true believer, i think octopode, was saying that they were working on some streamlining tech so they could pump out ships super fast

this was around the time that arena commander launched over a year ago

laffo :gary:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
this poo poo is a crowdfunded duke nukem forever that won't even come out

EDIT

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the best part is that some true believer, i think octopode, was saying that they were working on some streamlining tech so they could pump out ships super fast

this was around the time that arena commander launched over a year ago

laffo :gary:

i like how many ships are just "concepts" that people paid for

i can think up a million ships right now i'll take money for them

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Agrajag posted:

how can anyone not look at this and think the game will be poo poo? literally a loving dark blob with some red accents and the helmet i dont even know

Design aesthetics straight out of 1999. Is there anything they don't just steal ineptly?

TubeStank posted:

this poo poo is a crowdfunded duke nukem forever that won't even come out
I need a bigger :gary: for this.

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Oct 28, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjfycO1Sy2A

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

TheCoach posted:

Mentioning DSmart is like mentioning the devil on the internet right now.
He tweeted that he liked Infinity Battlescape and immediately on I:B forums there were people freaking out about SC fans going mental about this.

EDIT: Also Mr. DEREK for all your words you still haven't backed it, are you not a man of your SMART word?

Actually I have a reminder. I just forgot tbh. Keith (I've known him for a few years now; going all the way back to the early engine versions) let me know when it first went live on KS.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

On a related note, I picked some hops I found growing near home - no idea whatsoever of what kind it is - and have frozen it in the hope of using it for brewing some time. How likely is it that I wasted my time and/or future beer?

You'll never know until you try. Head over to the homebrewing thread and ask for suggestions. You typically need a bunch of whole hops to make an impact so I'm not sure how much you have.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm not seeing a steering wheel welded onto the anime nazi stormtrooper's face so it's not a direct 1:1.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Agrajag posted:

I'd like to point out that it seems physically impossible to like bend over or kneel down in that stupid as gently caress looking armor.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

Agrajag posted:

Needs a bigger belt buckle:

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

Raskolnikov posted:

Design aesthetics straight out of 1999. Is there anything they don't just steal ineptly?

I need a bigger :gary: for this.

Don't dare to mention Jin-Roh in context to Star Shatizen you heathen !!

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Like yo dude where is your wrist

How are you this fat

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Archive this, reddit:

my eyes! It burns!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Romes128 posted:

I'd like to point out that it seems physically impossible to like bend over or kneel down in that stupid as gently caress looking armor.

my favourite is the string stuff tying together pins in some kind of cat's cradle on the breastplate.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Oct 28, 2015

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

The mask is there to prevent this manblob from packing the girl between two slices of bread and swallow her whole.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hammerstein posted:

Don't dare to mention Jin-Roh in context to Star Shatizen you heathen !!
I couldn't help myself :v:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hammerstein posted:

The mask is there to prevent this manblob from packing the girl between two slices of bread and swallow her whole.

What's funny is his arms don't look long enough to put on or take off a helmet

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Agrajag posted:

why is the nose so low

is that bump actually for oldman lips

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Agrajag posted:

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

quote:

In looking over the models of the FPS Marines and Pirates, it should be clear that some are better than others. The difference in quality? Concept. The Heavy Marine and Heavy Pirate had completed concepts that did not change through the building of the model. They are a balanced and polished piece of art as intended by the concept artist. The others? Their concepts changed repeatedly during the model building. They crawled to the finish line as Frankenstein assets, cobbled together by different artists.

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

quote:

One production phenomenon that has become familiar to anyone working under Roberts is ‘Unapproval.’ That is, when something that was previously approved becomes unacceptable later on in production for reasons known to Roberts only. It is usually based on whim or a nebulous quality bar that has shifted.
When you get approval only to have it revoked later on, repeatedly, approval becomes meaningless. It is no longer a metric of progression. It does not energize or motivate you. It is met with apathy or cynicism.
Redoing the same asset over and over again kills the spirit, and I suspect this was largely the reason the UK character team collapsed.

Fun fact; this is what they had for the FPS a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

What the gently caress happened?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Romes128 posted:

What's funny is his arms don't look long enough to put on or take off a helmet

i think we have proven he can not lift his t-rex arms past shoulder height

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

they should hire artists familiar with human anatomy.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Aaaaaand we're creepy again.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
oh cool a less comprehensible version of the exoskeleton from STALKER

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aaaaaand we're creepy again.

yeah i uh

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
If this were a truly open development process they would just have live streams set up of every company workstation.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dreams. Dreams happened :gary:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

Dereks a blood cause he hates the crips

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Is it me or does the helmet look like Penrose stairs? Like, the inside of it looks like it's larger than the outside

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Agrajag posted:

Stop being so mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frc7BPmGd2U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Agrajag posted:

my favourite is the string stuff tying together pins in some kind of cat's cradle on the breastplate.

Mine is the convenient carry-handles on the shoulderpads.

Is your stormtrooper too difficult to transport to assault breaches and lan parties? Get a grip! with the new Port-A-Heavy armor handlesTM! Now you can bring your shock troops wherever you go. Just grab hold with your grabby hands!

• Locked thread