Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

That's probably the only good thing I've seen coming out of Star citizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Knock it off Derek. You wanna sue someone who got dealt a lovely hand by life and is invested in SC ?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Holy poo poo my kids go to that school.

*kids are not featured above.

e: my oldest says he's just a quiet normal friendly dude. I think you really should let this go.

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 28, 2015

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

mormonpartyboat posted:

why is the nose so low

is that bump actually for oldman lips

it issssssss

D_Smart posted:

(that's him in the wheelchair)

definitely a phrase that needed to be posted

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
derek, real talk: i know you want to make a point of these guys, I get it, but namedropping them when they're not public figures feels creepy as hell

if you want to PM them "I know where you live" and post their frantic backtracking, we'll all laugh

if you want to just flat add them to their lawsuit and serve them, we'll probably still all laugh

the half-measure public name and "I'll call your dad" just feels like you're picking on kids though

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

This is hosed up.

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.

Romes128 posted:

That's probably the only good thing I've seen coming out of Star citizen

Anyone know if this is in engine? Looks too good compared to what we get in game.

Hooded Reptile
Aug 31, 2015

Agrajag posted:

how can anyone not look at this and think the game will be poo poo? literally a loving dark blob with some red accents and the helmet i dont even know

Hrmm yes I will wear this ballistic armor ALL OVER, but cover my dick with armor ? Nah.

Nut-shotting these guys is the only weakness.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
God dammit Derek...

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

D_Smart posted:

lol yeah keep pretending youre not an autistic creepy gently caress

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
derek, no :ohdear:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

Fun fact; this is what they had for the FPS a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

What the gently caress happened?

that loving headbobbing will survive through every fps iteration they do

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
hahahahahaha

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

Dear god. A mona lisa.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

that loving headbobbing will survive through every fps iteration they do

It's immersive dude.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
"You can't take the pie from me" :v:

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Come on, man. Keep your eyes on the prize.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

kingcom posted:

This is hosed up.

Is it hosed up because he's in a wheel chair or hosed up that he's telling the dude to stop being an internet rear end in a top hat?

:gary: ~just curious~ :allears:

FireWhizzle fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 28, 2015

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

WebDog posted:

"You can't take the pie from me" :v:

:gary:

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray
CIS is video gaming's Scientology.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

FireWhizzle posted:

Is it hosed up because he's in a wheel chair or hosed up that he's telling the dude to stop being an internet rear end in a top hat?

~just curious~

its hosed up because this whole thing is literally two mentally disabled people pissing on each others shoes in turn and then feeling smug about it. hope this helps your process of understanding.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Derek Vs Dalek

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

botany posted:

its hosed up because this whole thing is literally two mentally disabled people pissing on each others shoes in turn and then feeling smug about it. hope this helps your process of understanding.

Actually that's why I'm reading this thread.

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.

D_Smart posted:

Maybe give this guy a pass? He might just have a reason to be angry at the world

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Fish Fry Andy posted:

Actually that's why I'm reading this thread.

haha yeah me too to be honest

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Greatest thread in internet history.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

botany posted:

I believe the term is retarded.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Derek please leave people with horrible genetic disfigurements alone.

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

botany posted:

I would like to know more, I've never been very good at the understanding

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
Other games: mocap & hand-tune elaborate dances as made famous by pop stars, entertainers, and internet memes

Star Citizen: authentic awkward white guy dancing. Couldn't they at least have mocapped Money-Hat guy? He looks like he's got a couple moves.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

derek, real talk: i know you want to make a point of these guys, I get it, but namedropping them when they're not public figures feels creepy as hell
Also someone talking about you on the internet isn't harassment.

Just put down the sword and bask in your victory until a new worthy foe steps to you! Don't go after cripples who happen to post on a mocking subreddit with a bare couple hundred viewers. This is the same thing that happened at the end of The Smart Room. Leave well enough alone.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

OhDearGodNo posted:

Holy poo poo my kids go to that school.

*kids are not featured above.

I'm jealous that you're apparently so close to Mission BBQ :gary: :burger:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

BigMouthSingers posted:

Maybe give this guy a pass? He might just have a reason to be angry at the world

No. Don't.

I want to know how far derek is willing to go.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
"that's him in the wheelchair"

:lol: I am dying.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Jst0rm posted:

Derek please leave people with horrible genetic disfigurements alone.

I dont know. It appears that being an online troll is an equal opportunity profession. heh

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

peter gabriel posted:

Derek Vs Dalek

:gary:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

BigMouthSingers posted:

i dunno, man, according to the picture derek linked he's like a prize winning robot or something

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

That's me in the wheelchair

losing my anonymity.

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006
cant believe this crippleteen nerd has the nerve to call derek smart an idiot. beat him up derek. we're all rooting for you, this is definitely a great use of your time and is cool + good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

• Locked thread