Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tim Pawlenty posted:

cant believe this crippleteen nerd has the nerve to call derek smart an idiot. beat him up derek. we're all rooting for you, this is definitely a great use of your time and is cool + good.

This but unironically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

Holy poo poo my kids go to that school.

*kids are not featured above.

e: my oldest says he's just a quiet normal friendly dude. I think you really should let this go.

FIRST Robotics? gently caress yes that kid is awesome in my book.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Ghostlight posted:

That's me in the wheelchair

losing my anonymity.

L M A O

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tim Pawlenty posted:

cant believe this crippleteen nerd has the nerve to call derek smart an idiot. beat him up derek. we're all rooting for you, this is definitely a great use of your time and is cool + good.

I agree.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Omi-Polari posted:

Greatest thread in internet history.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

mormonpartyboat posted:

i dunno, man, according to the picture derek linked he's like a prize winning robot or something

um maybe the wheelchair is actually the prize winning robot

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
holy poo poo its pretty fitting that every time derek wants to gently caress with some rando redditor theres a legit handicap they have and people ask him to stop

im seeing a pattern here

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer
Well guys, we obviously know Derek Smart is not an idiot, so what's the big deal? His last name is Smart.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the best part is that some true believer, i think octopode, was saying that they were working on some streamlining tech so they could pump out ships super fast

this was around the time that arena commander launched over a year ago

laffo :gary:

That was pipeline re-work number 2, little did we all know that Chris would drive ever onwards, moving to reworks number 3, 4, and 5, and 6!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Hey, that cripple screencapped one of my posts. I've finally made it!

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

SquirrelGrip posted:

holy poo poo its pretty fitting that every time derek wants to gently caress with some rando redditor theres a legit handicap they have and people ask him to stop

im seeing a pattern here

we should stop reddit before they handicap all of our children

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gwaihir posted:

That was pipeline re-work number 2, little did we all know that Chris would drive ever onwards, moving to reworks number 3, 4, and 5, and 6!

baby pu alpha pipeline coming in q1 2016

then all the ships can flow into the game super fast!

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

FireWhizzle posted:

Well guys, we obviously know Derek Smart is not an idiot, so what's the big deal? His last name is Smart.

I read on reddit that his name used to be Derek Idiot but he had it changed to Smart to make himself appear more intellectual.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

mormonpartyboat posted:

That's not the only thing they do to kids

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

she allegedly didn't hire a woman because she "looked like she had a hairy oval office", no real source to back it up beyond "something an ex-employeee said so grain of salt but still funny

That's not nearly as funny as I thought it'd be.

Over all though this 100 million dollar internet spaceship drama bomb delivers.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

2DCAT posted:

I'm jealous that you're apparently so close to Mission BBQ :gary: :burger:

11min, 3.5mi :dance:

On a serious note Derek, I've talked to my kid. This guy's had to deal with a lot of poo poo. Stafford is half upper-end suburbs but the other half is pure redneck territory with Confederate flags and a dislike for anything that isn't fishin' or muddin'.

Let this one go and remove the info.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

and speaking of the handicapped, where has octopode been lately?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

OhDearGodNo posted:

11min, 3.5mi :dance:

On a serious note Derek, I've talked to my kid. This guy's had to deal with a lot of poo poo. Stafford is half upper-end suburbs but the other half is pure redneck territory with Confederate flags and a dislike for anything that isn't fishin' or muddin'.

Cool so it's ok for someone to be a dick online to others cause they have personal problems

Understood

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

OhDearGodNo posted:

Sorry dude but he said mean stuff on the internet so he's a big time hardcore cyber criminal and deserves to be severely pwned by D_Smart.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Aaaaaand we're creepy again.

Not sure why that's creepy. Clowns harassing and abusing people online don't get any special treatment. It works both ways. If they can troll my social media feeds, my forums posts etc and setup shop on Reddit to continue their attacks, abusive behavior, harassment etc, so can I.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Why is he so angry?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

The saddest "I'm a tough guy hear me roar" poo poo I have read in a long time.

Holy loving Christ what is wrong with you. The refunds were super, give yourself a pat on the back for helping set that wheel in motion, but what it has evolved into is insanity. After your lawyers help you piece together your blog (which should definitely not name drop a bunch of random kids), get in touch with someone to help piece together your life.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

"Love me!"

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, (that's him in the wheelchair)

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds, he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Derek, this is something you can keep to yourself.

joats fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Oct 28, 2015

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

pftc posted:

Why is he so angry?

God loving drat it

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

pftc posted:

Why is he so angry?

That doesn't look necessarily angry... more of a just asking about a spaceship in a game that will never exist

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

D_Smart posted:

Not sure why that's creepy. Clowns harassing and abusing people online don't get any special treatment. It works both ways. If they can troll my social media feeds, my forums posts etc and setup shop on Reddit to continue their attacks, abusive behavior, harassment etc, so can I.

You're a public figure, he's a random cripple you found on the internet who said some things you don't like. Hope that helps

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Because right now there's a good possibility that the kid is a minor.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

mormonpartyboat posted:

i for one have decided supporting a child seems alot less fun than flying spaceships with my friends so see you in the verse (ill be in the big ship you poors)

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Ragequit posted:

set that wheel in motion

Topical!

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

pftc posted:

God loving drat it

loving Chris Roberts is using this handicapped kids money for coke

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
If we asked Derek to stop outting spreddit posters everytime we found out that they have a handicap, he woulndt have anyone to call out.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

pftc posted:

hahaha :gary:

OhDearGodNo posted:

Because right now there's a good possibility that the kid is a minor.

so hes really popular in star citizen?

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Ghostlight posted:

That's me in the wheelchair

losing my anonymity.

:stonk:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

pftc posted:

How much money is this

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Amun Khonsu posted:

If we asked Derek to stop outting spreddit posters everytime we found out that they have a handicap, he woulndt have anyone to call out.

To be fair they're posting in a subreddit created specifically to hate on him so I say let him do his thing.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

pftc posted:

His father is going to be pissed when he sees the credit card bill

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Amun Khonsu posted:

yeah on second thought keep it up derek

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

D_Smart posted:

What do you expect to get out of this ?

"Applaud me goons. I'm Derek Smart a 50+ year old game developer and I just totally crushed a handicapped teen in a wheelchair, because he talked poo poo about me on the internet. And I don't care if he was brainwashed by the white knights into believing that the big bad poopy man DS wants to take away his dream game. Which he is looking forward to since he can't play outside like other kids. I gotta keep up my street cred homies....."

There's of course no way how this could horribly backfire. Don't you have bigger fish to catch, like a certain coke fiend and his ponzi scheme ? Instead of getting all angry about the poo poo a handicapped kid says on the Reddit, defending a game which does not exist ?

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Oct 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

pftc posted:

well thats one way to show whos the boss

• Locked thread