Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy
Page 69, guys.

I'm 12.

(And I'm late on page 69)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Psycold posted:

I’m excited for the game but I’m 32 now and it’s easier to keep my expectations realistic than it was in my 20’s. Most of the “controversy” around Star Citizen that I’ve seen has been people who don’t even play PC games and instead of waiting to form an opinion based on experience, they just blurt out the first negative thing they can think of…same thing is happening with V.R. Anyone who has tried it knows it’s amazing and the only people who are negative about it are the same people who haven’t tried it. If you’ve tried modern V.R. and you are still negative about it then you are probably a huge bummer to be around.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tim Pawlenty posted:

cant believe this crippleteen nerd has the nerve to call derek smart an idiot. beat him up derek. we're all rooting for you, this is definitely a great use of your time and is cool + good.

No, that's not why. I don't give a poo poo about that. People call me names all the time; it doesn't faze me. If you took the time to use Topsy and search his Twitter feed for mentions of me, along with his posts on Reddit, you'll see why.

And I don't care if he's in a wheelchair or not as that has no bearing on anything. He's perfectly OK doing poo poo online from that chair (if that's him) and so he should know that online anti-social behavior does have consequences and they can be held accountable.

This sort of nonsense is precisely why online abuse is so rampant because people - hiding behind the confines of anonymity - are so quick vilify others like me who do not have the benefit of anonymity. Just today, alone, this happened whereby abusers threatening violence, caused a major event to cancel panels.

And while I was at the SPJ Airplay panel discussion back in August, some rear end-clown called in a bomb threat and had us out in the sweltering heat for over six hours.

Tell you what. New deal. I'll just continue sticking them in my blog as I write it, and not post it here.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

D_Smart posted:

Not sure why that's creepy.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Derek you should call that cripple's principle to report cyberbullying so he gets suspended and kicked out of his robot club.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

D_Smart posted:

Tell you what. New deal. I'll just continue sticking them in my blog as I write it, and not post it here.

probably for the best

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

D_Smart posted:

And I don't care if he's in a wheelchair or not as that has no bearing on anything. He's perfectly OK doing poo poo online from that chair (if that's him)

If you look at his youtube account which bumps his twitch account it's a dude in a wheelchair so yeah it's probably him. I also think that he's 19 so you should have no remorse for trying to destroy his life over dumb internet poo poo, good luck! :)

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

D_Smart posted:

He's perfectly OK doing poo poo online from that chair

And that's what bothers me.

What the gently caress is this poo poo he sends to you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Going after a dude in a wheelchair is a no win proposition.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

How much money is this

Around $450 IIRC. If you bought the ship and all the retarded scope creeping addon profession pods (such as (no poo poo) space farming and telescopery), it was $900.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

No, that's not why. I don't give a poo poo about that. People call me names all the time; it doesn't faze me. If you took the time to use Topsy and search his Twitter feed for mentions of me, along with his posts on Reddit, you'll see why.

And I don't care if he's in a wheelchair or not as that has no bearing on anything. He's perfectly OK doing poo poo online from that chair (if that's him) and so he should know that online anti-social behavior does have consequences and they can be held accountable.

This sort of nonsense is precisely why online abuse is so rampant because people - hiding behind the confines of anonymity - are so quick vilify others like me who do not have the benefit of anonymity. Just today, alone, this happened whereby abusers threatening violence, caused a major event to cancel panels.

And while I was at the SPJ Airplay panel discussion back in August, some rear end-clown called in a bomb threat and had us out in the sweltering heat for over six hours.

no keep posting

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Wafflz posted:

Bullshit, they just want to be treated like everyone else.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Cartmanboy posted:

I don´t even care if it´s a good or bad article, I don´t give gaming media clicks - period.

Nexus Gamer, yes that´s the stuff I like. INN news. This Reddit. Gio, BoredGamer, Batgirl, Tactical Advance, etc. etc. etc. etc.

No bribed shill gaming press will stop this game if it´s even half as good as planned. Think about all the fun we´ll have linking up their bullshit for the lulz in 2017,18,19 etc.

they´re shoveling their own credibility grave together with Dip poo poo. At the end they´ll all be as laughable as DS, I´ll label them the Smartpress forever. Can you imagine how embarrassing that will be? This is going to be epic, friends
If anything, the gaming press has been grotesquely lenient on Star Citizen.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

OhDearGodNo posted:

Because right now there's a good possibility that the kid is a minor.

No, he's not. I know better. Plus he's on Reddit.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

of course this moron likes VR too. i bet he cant wait to command a ship using the kinect and a hololens or some stupid poo poo

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

A Neurotic Jew posted:

How much money is this

500 ish I think.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

D_Smart posted:

I think you take shitposting too seriously. Honestly, you should probably leave the kid alone. Especially because away from the shitposting, he actually seems like a good dude.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

of course this moron likes VR too. i bet he cant wait to command a ship using the kinect and a hololens or some stupid poo poo

but.. I want to command a ship with a kinect and a hololens...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

pftc posted:

loving Chris Roberts is using this handicapped kids money for coke

spite jpegs are the make up sex of the verse

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Mirificus posted:

If anything, the gaming press has been grotesquely lenient on Star Citizen.

the best part is where he says he likes the news sites created just for sc because everyone else is a shill

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Not really.

I mean if it's a jumping competition, Derek's got that poo poo in the bag.

Real talk tho:

2DCAT posted:

I think you take shitposting too seriously. Honestly, you should probably leave the kid alone. Especially because away from the shitposting, he actually seems like a good dude.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

pftc posted:

how much of star citizen is funded by SSI you think?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Romes128 posted:

Dereks a blood cause he hates the crips

:lol:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

11min, 3.5mi :dance:

On a serious note Derek, I've talked to my kid. This guy's had to deal with a lot of poo poo. Stafford is half upper-end suburbs but the other half is pure redneck territory with Confederate flags and a dislike for anything that isn't fishin' or muddin'.

Let this one go and remove the info.

Holy poo poo you're like an hour away from me. The amount of sperg contained around DC is insane.

D_Smart posted:

Not sure why that's creepy. Clowns harassing and abusing people online don't get any special treatment. It works both ways. If they can troll my social media feeds, my forums posts etc and setup shop on Reddit to continue their attacks, abusive behavior, harassment etc, so can I.

You know how pathetic Sandi looked when she "found" that letter proving she went to college? This is the same thing, only with the added bonus that you literally threatened to call someone's parents. It's creepy because you made it personal.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Shala posted:

Not really.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Derek challenge the wheelchair kid to a virtual reality boxing match.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Hammerstein posted:

Knock it off Derek. You wanna sue someone who got dealt a lovely hand by life and is invested in SC ?

Yeah this dude has enough on his plate already. Send him a PM if you want him to stop but give him a break, ultimately he's of no consequence man. Keep your eyes on the ball, don't get distracted by underlings.

e: \/\/\/\/\/ he can be a shithead no doubt, but is it worth going after someone that is already hosed up more than a lawsuit can ever gently caress?

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

the idea that a teenage cripple can't be a shithead is ableist and agist as gently caress imo

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shala posted:

Not really.

:drat:

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I fully expect Derek to show up at the next expo where they display their robo stuff and kick over his wheelchair, while screaming: "This is what happens when you gently caress a stranger in the rear end !!!!".

Hammerstein fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 28, 2015

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Romes128 posted:

Dereks a blood cause he hates the crips

ahahahahahaha

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

2DCAT posted:

this is a good idea though.

not all shitposters are horrible people.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

pftc posted:

It's this kind of severe moronicity that causes SC tards to get so much flack. Less people are giving Derek poo poo about LoD because Derek didn't take 93 million dollars worth of gamer's money. Use your loving brain.

You can't go on RSI's forums (or any forum full of SC faithful) and look at a thread with more than 5 posts and NOT see at least one post demonstrating mind boggling stupidity.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

SquirrelGrip posted:

holy poo poo its pretty fitting that every time derek wants to gently caress with some rando redditor theres a legit handicap they have and people ask him to stop

im seeing a pattern here
If they weren't legitimately handicapped then they wouldn't be Star Citizens in the first place now, would they?

Speaking of handicaps: every single goon in this thread that is quoting Derek Smart and saying "don't dox him bro" but not editing his post to omit the details. gbtr

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Holy poo poo you're like an hour away from me. The amount of sperg contained around DC is insane.

I didn't know that Beer.

I went to highschool outside Fredericksburg. (I also worked at the Pizza Hut the DC sniper popped that woman in the Micahel's parking lot from. vOv)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

FrankieGoes posted:

You can't go on forums (or any forum) and look at a thread with more than 5 posts and NOT see at least one post demonstrating mind boggling stupidity.

ftfy

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
How I feel reading this thread:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
that's him in the wheelchair

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Shala posted:

I didn't know that Beer.

I went to highschool outside Fredericksburg. (I also worked at the Pizza Hut the DC sniper popped that woman in the Micahel's parking lot from. vOv)

South Stafford high?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
He's perfectly OK doing poo poo online from that chair

• Locked thread