Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Agrajag posted:

he may be a crip but he still has a normal functioning brain and acting like a little poo poo. if he were a mentally challenged kid then i'd feel icky about laughing at him

"I'm not in this because of Star Citizen anymore, I'm in this because he spends his days harassing people and getting away with it"
"I'm not going to let the biggest dick of them all push around the people I call friends."
https://archive.is/28wV1

CHRIS ROBERTS ONLY LIKES YOU FOR YOUR CRIPPLE MONEY =/

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

I remember when we posted songs and recipes.

which is way better than twitter wars with poor people

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Sillybones posted:

Design by committee? What a clusterfuck.
It is design by the arbitrary whims of a coked up spaceship megalomaniac.

Raticus79
Oct 21, 2015

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Like if you wanted us to sympathize with the people you're going after, Dsmart, it's working.

Secretly a villain-for-hire bringing in funding via the reverse double Streisand gambit... it all makes sense now

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Has Slavoj Zizek published his thoughts on Star Citizen yet

Ideology, ....

Tim Pawlenty
Jun 3, 2006

Agrajag posted:

he may be a crip but he still has a normal functioning brain and acting like a little poo poo. if he were a mentally challenged kid then i'd feel icky about laughing at him
theres nothing really to laugh at hes just an obnoxious teen (redundant) who loves the brand and will probably be playing arena commander 2.1 in 2019 still.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Derek Smart Wins Again
"Derek Smart isn't trapped in here with you."

*gets trolled*

"YOU'RE TRAPPED IN HERE WITH DEREK SMART"

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

2DCAT posted:

lol, didn't even notice it until now; i usually just post in the DC one. *bookmarked* :gary:

I'd post in the DC one but doing things in DC involves taking 95 on weekends.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I have all my poo poo but haven't played it in forever. Firestorm Armada looks awesome though. I'd be down for sperging out.

Dropfleet Commander is going to hit KS at the end of the week. They're only doing the KS to fund a number of plastics ahead of release to keep costs down in the long run. Oh the rules are by Andy Chambers.

Until then I can't wait for Firestorm Armada.

Lastly: grab ~15 orks and build a Heralds of Ruin Kill Team.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

poo poo, it's too late :(

Derek got to him first

RIP robot kid.

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

D_Smart posted:

he should know that online anti-social behavior does have consequences

oh

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

FrankieGoes posted:

I'm sure it's at least vaguely spelled out in a design document somewhere. They've got drink mixing as an activity and flight attendant as a profession, for fucks sake. Personally I can't wait to be an in game Star Citizen CPA. Someone's gotta do the tax returns for all these pirates and smugglers and miners and farmers and stewardesses.

Binkenstein is that you?!?!?! ARE YOU IN THERE?!?!?!

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

"DS' "goons."

I still need that gang tag. Reddit, hit me up. I am awful enough to want to associate with him while he picks on a cripple. Ultimate red-text right there.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Wait wait wait.

So a teenager who has had life poo poo on him is mad on the internet? Derek you better sue that piece of poo poo kid and make him even more sorry.

Or you could pretend to be a decent human being and get CIG's financials into discovery. Hahahah who am I kidding you're gross, go, push over a kid in a wheelchair and let people know how right you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHOGs5x90PU
2:50

Raskolnikov fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Oct 28, 2015

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Someone edit this scene adding D Smarts head to to guy in the passenger seat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcQtUdZ5Afs

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
the last thread was way funnier.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Derek, If you still don't get the picture. I'm just trying to help you man, not laugh at you like these asshats.

First, you went after a guy that sent dick picks to married women. :thumbsup: gj. You look like a hero in this position.

Now you are going after a kid stuck in a wheelchair for saying dumb things on twitter. You said that you are going to contact his father in real life. Bad job. Don't do this.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

pftc posted:

"I'm not in this because of Star Citizen anymore, I'm in this because he spends his days harassing people and getting away with it"
"I'm not going to let the biggest dick of them all push around the people I call friends."

Herein lies the problem. they dont give a rats rear end about Star Citizen anymore. All they care about is their cult.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

According to the supposed letter by David Jennison, formerly the lead character artist for CIG:

So the sad thing is that, out of all of the concepts, the Heavy Pirate is supposedly one of the most cohesive ones. Of course we don't actually know if what we're seeing now is what they finished because...

Fun fact; this is what they had for the FPS a year ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cir3w-wIx9U

What the gently caress happened?

Everything in the FPS module was canned because of the 64 bit conversion. The 2 branches probably couldn't reconcile ended up with the "delayed indefinitely". That's my professional view on this.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

no_recall posted:

Everything in the FPS module was canned because of the 64 bit conversion. The 2 branches probably couldn't reconcile ended up with the "delayed indefinitely". That's my professional view on this.
That plus illfonic getting the axe, yeah, that sounds about right.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Raskolnikov posted:

Wait wait wait.

So a teenager who has had life poo poo on him is mad on the internet? Derek you better sue that piece of poo poo kid and make him even more sorry.

Or you could pretend to be a decent human being and get CIG's financials into discovery. Hahahah who am I kidding you're gross, go, push over a kid in a wheelchair and let people know how right you are!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHOGs5x90PU
2:50

Please quote the post where Derek stated he was going to sue the crippled cultist.

Take a minute to look through Derek's posts.

All Derek said was he was going to call the cripple cultist's Dad.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Let's post songs and recipes again. I'd start but I'm shy.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 28, 2015

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sedisp posted:

Let's post songs and recipes again.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

SneakyFrog posted:

the last thread was way funnier.

:agreed: but November will be a good month for the 'Verse I am sure of this.

pftc
Oct 1, 2015

Amun Khonsu posted:

Herein lies the problem. they dont give a rats rear end about Star Citizen anymore. All they care about is their cult.

Everyone is saying Derek is going to sue the crip.

This situation is sad but people jumping to conclusions doesn't help

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

no_recall posted:

On this, what are examples of engines that do 64-bit for everything and are performant? I can't imagine aiming for current gen fidelity while pushing all that extra data around.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

soon, you will be able to earn tempbux laboring in the baby pu mines

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Agrajag posted:

Then you can hardly make fun of any SC kool ade chuggers, practically all of them have something wrong with them mentally. One of the two leaders of the SC guild for [H] is literally a basement dwelling autist. I.e. a grown man living in his sister's basement, unemployed, spending thousands of dollars on jpegs, acquired by sucking his uncles dick mowing his uncles lawn. And he admits it. And then he says that people that think he's a dipshit are jealous of his disposable income, so he's probably also retarded.

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore

pftc posted:

https://archive.is/28wV1

CHRIS ROBERTS ONLY LIKES YOU FOR YOUR CRIPPLE MONEY =/

I like that middle part about Dr. Derek Smart wasting time on things that were not video games at times when he was supposed to be playing video games. I bought a boxed copy of BattleCruiser Millenium and it was about the 3rd most useless thing I've ever spent $70 on. It booted up and ran, but there was little apparent to do. The developer had built a spaceship bridge and several other static visitable stations, similar to Silent Hunter 3. But unlike SH3, there was no WW2 going on. There was no setting or incentive to do anything at all.

Did Derek Smart ever hire a writer to put any objectives or story into his simulation?

DuckDynasty
Sep 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

So our new contender for my WIP blog (latest PDF export) on the abusive White Knights in the Star Citizen community, is Nick Butler (that's him in the wheelchair) aka /user/NitroTypat/ aka @Bipii_4084.

If you look at his Reddit and Twitter feeds (1, 2, 3, 4), he is one of my top harassers (I'm rounding them all up like cattle, for the blog, then I'm going to link to all their social media feeds).

Hey Nick, if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have my people get in touch with your Dad in Virginia and let him know you're harassing people online. No further warnings. Go play a game or something.

Yeah, that's kinda creepy and compounded by the awkwardness of threatening a guy in a wheel chair. I think you need to "stay on target" Derek. This campaign against individual White Knights is kind of like your tiff with Randi/GG. It is just a distraction which lessens your credibility and doesn't bring us any closer to the goal of exposing the scam of Star Citizen and saving future backers from getting their money stolen.

Stay on target!

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Sedisp posted:

Okay. Though, sadly, with this...

Romes128 posted:

Dereks a blood cause he hates the crips

...and yesterday's amazing rhyming by thatguy, I pretty much have this song on repeat while reading Derek Smart's latest scalping...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkhAI3VE1AM

This thread really is going straight to the best and worst parts of insanity at ludicrous speed.

Derek, focus more on the assholes taking advantage of these crazies and less so on the crazies themselves plz.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

That is not a song.
Orginial

quote:

He said friend, have you seen the verse?
Well what would you say if I said that you could
Just click on this link, so we can get paid
I said that sounds pretty good

Star ship jpegs
shiny and bright
Release in two years, but the waits alright
We preached and we paid
We all became friends
As we learned to dogfight

Just pledge a bit more
That sounds right to me
And when it comes out
They'll save the PC
I'll worship this game
through the taunts if I must
Cause it's a game that I want
form a dev that I trust

I locked in my pledge
I met their demands
The goons, they sighed
but I took my stand
and posted away
Then I bought some more ships
For my family and my friends

I stopped washing clothes
I took out some loans
They told me to stop
but I kept pledgin'
bought ships with more guns
and fish tanks not just once
but again and again

Just pledge a bit more
That sounds right to me
And when it comes out
They'll save the PC
I'll worship this game
through the taunts if I must
Cause it's a game that I want
form a dev that I trust

I wait through laughs and delays
I begged them to launch
I just want to play
nintey million
and it is still not fun
Chirs pissed my cash away

and my screen flew through the air
And made a crash land
Where my tears now had soaked
He took off with my money in hand
to buy some more blow

Just pledge a bit more
It felt right to me
Just concept and lies
Can't save the PC
I got that jpeg
now I live in a box
but it's a pic that I love
he only thing not bollocks

He said friend, have you seen the verse?
Well what would you say if I said that you could

I'm so sorry but at least it's not talking about sad twitter wars.

Buff Butler
Mar 11, 2008

gamer death money
This is loving metal.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sedisp posted:

oh dont you worry, you can do it

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
The only truth in this 'verse is you and me.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
that's him in the 'verse

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Sillybones posted:

On this, what are examples of engines that do 64-bit for everything and are performant? I can't imagine aiming for current gen fidelity while pushing all that extra data around.

I've never worked on 64 bit engines before, only 32 bits (which is more than enough if you're being casually efficient).

As layman as I can get: Cryengine is a book with 32 words per page, now suddenly it becomes a book with 64 words per page. Once you do that, the formatting on the older pages run, or you get spaces that aren't supposed to be there, and the entire book reads like a children's school project. So every page will need to be scrutinized, reread, rewritten, reformatted.

So where Iffonic comes in is they have written this chapter with 32 words of text per page, and saying "Hey, we're done!". They try to merge it and everything doesn't work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
Post more about how you owned a crippled kid please

• Locked thread